ImageImageImageImageImage

The MeloPause Trade Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, j4remi, mrpoetryNmotion, King of Canada, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC

User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 10,991
And1: 6,076
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1801 » by King of Canada » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:16 pm

moocow007 wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:Reporter: "Steve, is a buyout a possibility with regards to Melo?"

Mills, answers firmly with one word:

"No."


At least he answered that right. Straight. Clean. To the point. No emotions. No personal preferences. No dislikes and animosity shown (regardless of what he really feels about Anthony).


Did he have that upper lip sneer on his face when he said it though? Mills would suck at poker.
Image
mademan
RealGM
Posts: 10,177
And1: 5,907
Joined: Feb 18, 2010

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1802 » by mademan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 pm

NYKnicksFTW wrote:Possibly related:

USA TODAY‏Verified account
@USATODAY

#BREAKING LeBron James is frustrated and concerned with the Cavaliers’ offseason


Ready for the Lebron-PG-Ball Lakers era.
HOF19
Sophomore
Posts: 230
And1: 31
Joined: Jun 30, 2016
       

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1803 » by HOF19 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley 37m
37 minutes ago
More
Scott Perry says he thinks the Knicks could use a veteran at point guard to help rookie Frank Ntilikina...........I keep seeing stories about Knicks and Eric Blesoe.......IS HE ANY GOOD ????????????
Wolfgang630
Veteran
Posts: 2,683
And1: 1,464
Joined: Feb 07, 2016
 

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1804 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Jeff should see if Stockton would help mentor Frank.
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 10,991
And1: 6,076
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1805 » by King of Canada » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:21 pm

god shammgod wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
it's real
Read on Twitter


Trade announcements aren't made by the CEO of the team....


i didn't say it was about melo...just that the tweet was real


Houston is changing their name to the Houston Meat Rockets? :dontknow:
Image
fatalogic
Sophomore
Posts: 202
And1: 106
Joined: Apr 26, 2017
 

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1806 » by fatalogic » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Lmao that's great. Sign Harden to 220+ million then sell the team. Owner must of have looked at that repeater luxury tax bill like.
[gfycat]gfycat.com/DeepWanAnnelid[/gfycat]
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 44,461
And1: 17,058
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1807 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:24 pm

moocow007 wrote:
NYKnicksFTW wrote:Possibly related:

USA TODAY‏Verified account
@USATODAY

#BREAKING LeBron James is frustrated and concerned with the Cavaliers’ offseason


Then Lebron you need to get work harder to get a deal lined up to get Anthony to Cleveland.


BINGO!
BAF Spurs:

C - Zach Collins/Georgios Papagiannis
PF - Anthony Davis
SF - Jaylen Brown
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr/Rodney Hood
PG - TJ McConnell

$174 cap remaining
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 44,461
And1: 17,058
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1808 » by mpharris36 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:29 pm

you already have guys on the rockets board saying now they are willing to give up Gordon to get this done. Just wait this out. Gordon is a much better asset to a 3rd team.
BAF Spurs:

C - Zach Collins/Georgios Papagiannis
PF - Anthony Davis
SF - Jaylen Brown
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr/Rodney Hood
PG - TJ McConnell

$174 cap remaining
JoeypopsNY
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,678
And1: 428
Joined: Mar 05, 2012

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1809 » by JoeypopsNY » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Polk377 wrote:
JoeypopsNY wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Lala has been keeping him soft. Melo seems to be all in this off season......


Just like he has been the last 5 years c'mon the only thing he was all indie was getting that money dude is a scrub.

No better then eddy curry, amare, eddy curry, Steve Francis.

:rofl2:
Image
How many scrubs are 10x All-Stars, 1x scoring leader, will finish in the top 10 all time in points and HOF locks? Melo is no scrub my man. It is not a stretch to say that Lala was all about the celebrity and drew a lot of Melo's time to functions he didn't necessarily want to go to. This has been a case with athlete-celebrity marrages before with Andre Agassi and Brooke Shields being one example. Melo is as focused as he has ever been right now.


How many also have loosing records?

In definition he's not a scrub but a loser sorry next time I'll make sure I use proper wording lol.

Not trying to argue but I don't like him.
Not waiving his Ntc demanding a trade when he could have waited. Playing ISO ball, making Jeremy Lin leave, never plays defense. Maybe will have a highlight here and there but if you play as many minutes and chuck as many shots up as he does your bound to have a good night.
JoeypopsNY
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,678
And1: 428
Joined: Mar 05, 2012

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1810 » by JoeypopsNY » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:48 pm

HOF19 wrote:Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley 37m
37 minutes ago
More
Scott Perry says he thinks the Knicks could use a veteran at point guard to help rookie Frank Ntilikina...........I keep seeing stories about Knicks and Eric Blesoe.......IS HE ANY GOOD ????????????



Kind of like a rose...
User avatar
eagle54
Senior
Posts: 513
And1: 227
Joined: Sep 09, 2016
Location: France
     

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1811 » by eagle54 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:49 pm

For guys who thinks the rockets major annoucement it's about Melo, your wrong

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,101
And1: 18,798
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1812 » by Capn'O » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:52 pm

JoeypopsNY wrote:
HOF19 wrote:Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley 37m
37 minutes ago
More
Scott Perry says he thinks the Knicks could use a veteran at point guard to help rookie Frank Ntilikina...........I keep seeing stories about Knicks and Eric Blesoe.......IS HE ANY GOOD ????????????



Kind of like a rose...


Darren Collison is still available though I heard he'd be getting 4/40 and any other interpretation shows that I know nothing about the current landscape of NBA contracts.
BAF - ClippeRS
PG: Walker 310/5|Tim "Clyde" Frazier 10/2| Beno 1/1
SG: G. Harris 160/5|Ellington $11/2|TFerg 18/5
SF: Gallo 140/3|Dekker 25/3
PF: Isaac 135/5|Harrell 21/4|AMFPB 2/2
C: Pau 95/1|Len 15/4|ZUBLOCKA 20/5
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 21,464
And1: 4,752
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1813 » by HEZI » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:53 pm

eagle54 wrote:For guys who thinks the rockets major annoucement it's about Melo, your wrong

Read on Twitter


The owner probably saw how much he has to pay in luxury taxes now and said F this I'm out
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Devin Harris
SG: Demar Derozan / Joe Harris / Gerald Henderson
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez / Tarik Black / Willie Reed
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 21,464
And1: 4,752
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1814 » by HEZI » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Capn'O wrote:
JoeypopsNY wrote:
HOF19 wrote:Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley 37m
37 minutes ago
More
Scott Perry says he thinks the Knicks could use a veteran at point guard to help rookie Frank Ntilikina...........I keep seeing stories about Knicks and Eric Blesoe.......IS HE ANY GOOD ????????????



Kind of like a rose...


Darren Collison is still available though I heard he'd be getting 4/40 and any other interpretation shows that I know nothing about the current landscape of NBA contracts.


Didn't he sign with the Pacers on a 2 year 20 mil deal?
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Devin Harris
SG: Demar Derozan / Joe Harris / Gerald Henderson
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez / Tarik Black / Willie Reed
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,101
And1: 18,798
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1815 » by Capn'O » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:54 pm

HEZI wrote:
eagle54 wrote:For guys who thinks the rockets major annoucement it's about Melo, your wrong

Read on Twitter


The owner probably saw how much he has to pay in luxury taxes now and said F this I'm out


Nah - he saw how much his team was valued at, saw the top, and is looking to cash out. It's a good move.

I do wonder how interested they would be in a Melo trade. Most pre-sale moves try to liquidate a bit. Obviously, looking to move Anderson is part of that but we ain't want him.
BAF - ClippeRS
PG: Walker 310/5|Tim "Clyde" Frazier 10/2| Beno 1/1
SG: G. Harris 160/5|Ellington $11/2|TFerg 18/5
SF: Gallo 140/3|Dekker 25/3
PF: Isaac 135/5|Harrell 21/4|AMFPB 2/2
C: Pau 95/1|Len 15/4|ZUBLOCKA 20/5
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 14,301
And1: 7,330
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: Dumpstadive for Donic

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1816 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:55 pm

HEZI wrote:
eagle54 wrote:For guys who thinks the rockets major annoucement it's about Melo, your wrong

Read on Twitter


The owner probably saw how much he has to pay in luxury taxes now and said F this I'm out


Rockets owner:
"What ahole gave all that money to Harden?"
That was you, sire
"Oh, that's crazy. I'm selling the team then"
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 14,301
And1: 7,330
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: Dumpstadive for Donic

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1817 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:56 pm

JoeypopsNY wrote:
HOF19 wrote:Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley 37m
37 minutes ago
More
Scott Perry says he thinks the Knicks could use a veteran at point guard to help rookie Frank Ntilikina...........I keep seeing stories about Knicks and Eric Blesoe.......IS HE ANY GOOD ????????????



Kind of like a rose...


You have to work on your player comps. Bledsoe isn't like Rose.
User avatar
Polk377
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,660
And1: 1,566
Joined: Apr 19, 2002
Location: Great Neck,NY
         

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1818 » by Polk377 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:00 pm

JoeypopsNY wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
JoeypopsNY wrote:
Just like he has been the last 5 years c'mon the only thing he was all indie was getting that money dude is a scrub.

No better then eddy curry, amare, eddy curry, Steve Francis.

:rofl2:
Image
How many scrubs are 10x All-Stars, 1x scoring leader, will finish in the top 10 all time in points and HOF locks? Melo is no scrub my man. It is not a stretch to say that Lala was all about the celebrity and drew a lot of Melo's time to functions he didn't necessarily want to go to. This has been a case with athlete-celebrity marrages before with Andre Agassi and Brooke Shields being one example. Melo is as focused as he has ever been right now.


How many also have loosing records?

In definition he's not a scrub but a loser sorry next time I'll make sure I use proper wording lol.

Not trying to argue but I don't like him.
Not waiving his Ntc demanding a trade when he could have waited. Playing ISO ball, making Jeremy Lin leave, never plays defense. Maybe will have a highlight here and there but if you play as many minutes and chuck as many shots up as he does your bound to have a good night.

Technically he has a record of 533-443 in games he has played in his career soooo not a loser. He also was known as a big winner in HS and won a National Championship at Syracuse as the leader his freshman year with a bunch of scrubs on his team.
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 21,464
And1: 4,752
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1819 » by HEZI » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:01 pm

Capn'O wrote:
HEZI wrote:
eagle54 wrote:For guys who thinks the rockets major annoucement it's about Melo, your wrong

Read on Twitter


The owner probably saw how much he has to pay in luxury taxes now and said F this I'm out


Nah - he saw how much his team was valued at, saw the top, and is looking to cash out. It's a good move.

I do wonder how interested they would be in a Melo trade. Most pre-sale moves try to liquidate a bit. Obviously, looking to move Anderson is part of that but we ain't want him.


Yeah that's my point. The time to sell is now. Between the Harden deal, CP3 deal and a potential Melo deal, that's a shyt ton of money coming out of his pocket and the risk is huge because they might not even make up for it with playoff revenue.
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Devin Harris
SG: Demar Derozan / Joe Harris / Gerald Henderson
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez / Tarik Black / Willie Reed
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 22,506
And1: 6,149
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
     

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1820 » by DusterBuster » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:21 pm

taj2133 wrote:rockets are on saleJenny Dial Creech @jennydialcreech
1 minute ago
#Rockets CEO Tad Brown announces that owner Leslie Alexander has put the team up for sale. @… instagram.com/p/BWqK8l6FADR/
reply retweet like
Emiliano Carchia
Emiliano Carchia @Sportando
1 minute ago
Houston President Tad Brown Announces Rockets Are On Sale sportando.com/en/usa/nba/241…

http://hoopshype.com/social/


Damn, that actually is pretty big news.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll

Return to New York Knicks