ImageImageImageImageImage

The MeloPause Trade Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,687

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1981 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:Crowder is honestly better than Lee and O'Quinn. Why the hell would the C's do this plus smart? What would be the end goal? Even if they were to get a 3rd team involved, then I'm assuming the Celtics are looking for upgrades and there aren't many wings or bigs out there that are available that are better than Crowder is. And also if a team is willing to part with someone more impactful than Crowder they are going to want something good in return? How are they going to get that? All of a sudden Danny is going to start wheeling and dealing those Brooklyn picks? Highly doubtful... Use your brains people. This makes zero sense for anyone but the Knicks

the only and I mean only thing I can think of is that they traded Bradley so they really don't have a great starting 2 guard option...I think they like Smart of the bench but with Jaylen Brown/Tatum as well along with Hayward I guess I can see a log jam for Crowder (because he really doesn't have the foot speed to guard 2-guards).

But the value would be horrible. Maybe they would do that if we traded them a 1st round pick. Which at that point makes sense for the c's to re-coup some value but the knicks aren't trading 1st round picks.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#1982 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Icandoallthings wrote:
Da_Mane_Man wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Everyone talks about what little leverage the Knicks have... what leverage does Melo have? Typically, players have leverage because teams don't want to lose them for nothing. That's because most good players are on playoffs teams. For us, that doesn't even matter. In fact, Melo not playing is somewhat of a benefit. In addition, he's under contract... you can't just force a team to do a terrible deal when they don't mind letting you expire. A contract works both ways. If he doesn't want the contract, void the deal or agree to take none of the remaining money. You can't get paid by the Knicks, make them accept a crap deal and then be a cancer if they don't. That's pretty much the least professional thing I've ever heard.

Oh, I agree, but I don't think Melo gives a sh*t about professionalism at this point. He already yelled at Porzingis last year for saying good things about the triangle. You think he won't be pissed if we essentially sit him the whole year?

Melo has acted like a pro much more so than this organization has with Phil's public criticism and Mills and Dolan's incompetence. You guys are describing some kind of revenge fantasy.

What other public criticism's did Phil say besides the ball stops with Melo or he holds the ball (which is a true statement) did Phil say exactly?? Serious question.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1983 » by King of Canada » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:26 pm

BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#1984 » by whocares1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:26 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:you think the celtics would trade smart and crowder for KOQ and Lee? I mean if they wanted to do that be my guest that would be the heist of a lifetime and I would construct a statue outside of MSG for Perry.

Wouldn't that statue be for Steve Mills?

nah mills is doing the dirty work...mills is just a yes man at this point.

In what ways is Mills a yes man? He had the power to sign Tim Hardaway Jr. to a lucrative deal, and he has the final say on all transitions made by the FO. If the Knicks continue to suck you can't blame Mills, but then credit Perry if the Knicks don't. Steve Mills is the man in charge and Perry is more like an advisor.

Return to New York Knicks