ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Game of Thrones

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Re: OT: Game of Thrones 

Post#741 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:24 pm

spree8 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Both of you need to pay closer attention to the show or look at the map.

Dude...you're high. The show and plot are being rushed. The discrepancies with how fast Dany showed up are ridiculous. You can sell it to yourself but...I'm not buying it. I watched the episode twice. It wss ridiculously flawed in so many areas. I've read the books numerous times. this season is a hack job.

People like the action scenes so they are awed by the effects. The writing is suffering miserably.

Also...i did some research...2 days for Dany to get the message as the raven flies. So...they were there for 3 days at least? Could have explained it in the 30 seconds they took having the Hound throw rocks.

I am glad the story is moving along after 19 years for me. But it is a hack job at its finest at this point.

You did research? You mean you read it somewhere else on the internet? Lol. Come on man... it doesn't take 3 days. It's a shame you're ruining the show for yourself.

I'm not ruining the show for myself. I'm just speaking truth. The show is rushed. Yes...it's 1900 miles. Even if they sent the raven directly...he doesn't make it for 2 days. Then the dragons have to fly without Dany flying off or suffocating. Another day?

The writing is weak at this point. You're trying to make the impossible seem possible for arguments sake. It's a plot hole. One of MANY that could have quickly been explained away with another 2-3 minutes of quick dialogue.
:beer: RIP mags
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#742 » by Greenie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Danny and Jon are going to get together aren't they?
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,464

Post#743 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:27 pm

Greenie wrote:Danny and Jon are going to get together aren't they?

Oh yeah.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,807

Post#744 » by spree8 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:41 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
It doesn't seem like the writers care. I read some article that breaks down all of it. The ice freezing. Ravens traveling...its not 24 hours. All they had to do was make a small effort like how many days rations they have or some quick 30 second dialogue.

No explanation about why they didn't bring any dtagon glass? That was half the reason Jon went to meet Dany. They just left it all behind?

Still no raven to Winterfell? It's much closer.

The NK ignores the giant dragon in front of him with all the humans and hits one much smaller flying around? Then MISSES the bigger one who was struggling to get away? LOL

Benjen? At least have him give Jon a sip of something to keep him from freezing to death. Maybe throw a bear skin over him. Anything. Why not get on the horse with him?

I know the suspend belief aspect but, the writing is just awful. Action scenes in between dry humor. Time warps and plot holes galore. Nothing like the books or even the 1st 5 seasons.

It's rushed. There is no way around it. Glaring questions that could have quickly been explained away.

#1: They did bring Dragonglass... Jorah was using it... he even killed the bear with it.

#2: No raven to Winterfell because they don't have flying fire breathing dragons to get there asap.

#3: The NK decided to kill the dragon that was killing shyt tons of soldiers 1st.

#4: Yea Benjen just has a medicine cabinet and a Bed Bath & Beyond on his horse to give all that to Jon. Cmon. He didn't get on the horse with him because #1, it's too much weight. #2, he can't even go beyond the Wall anyway. #3, he was sacrificing himself to cause a distraction to buy more time for Jon to get away.

Also, it's not 1900 miles. Look at the map... it's 1,000 from KL to Winterfell... now look at Dragonstone to Eastwatch... it's not double the distance. Let's say for arguements sake it was 48 hours... even then, its still believable. A whole lake isn't going to freeze strong enough for the walkers to step on overnight... they were waiting a while. Thoros even died in his sleep. You said you didn't even see nightfall... you need to watch again because you're not paying very close enough attention.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#745 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:01 pm

spree8 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
It doesn't seem like the writers care. I read some article that breaks down all of it. The ice freezing. Ravens traveling...its not 24 hours. All they had to do was make a small effort like how many days rations they have or some quick 30 second dialogue.

No explanation about why they didn't bring any dtagon glass? That was half the reason Jon went to meet Dany. They just left it all behind?

Still no raven to Winterfell? It's much closer.

The NK ignores the giant dragon in front of him with all the humans and hits one much smaller flying around? Then MISSES the bigger one who was struggling to get away? LOL

Benjen? At least have him give Jon a sip of something to keep him from freezing to death. Maybe throw a bear skin over him. Anything. Why not get on the horse with him?

I know the suspend belief aspect but, the writing is just awful. Action scenes in between dry humor. Time warps and plot holes galore. Nothing like the books or even the 1st 5 seasons.

It's rushed. There is no way around it. Glaring questions that could have quickly been explained away.

#1: They did bring Dragonglass... Jorah was using it... he even killed the bear with it.

#2: No raven to Winterfell because they don't have flying fire breathing dragons to get there asap.

#3: The NK decided to kill the dragon that was killing shyt tons of soldiers 1st.

#4: Yea Benjen just has a medicine cabinet and a Bed Bath & Beyond on his horse to give all that to Jon. Cmon. He didn't get on the horse with him because #1, it's too much weight. #2, he can't even go beyond the Wall anyway. #3, he was sacrificing himself to cause a distraction to buy more time for Jon to get away.

Also, it's not 1900 miles. Look at the map... it's 1,000 from KL to Winterfell... now look at Dragonstone to Eastwatch... it's not double the distance. Let's say for arguements sake it was 48 hours... even then, its still believable. A whole lake isn't going to freeze strong enough for the walkers to step on overnight... they were waiting a while. Thoros even died in his sleep. You said you didn't even see nightfall... you need to watch again because you're not paying very close enough attention.

Whatever man. I read the books numerous times over the last 19 years. I've watched the show. This season is an ABSOLUTE rush/hack job. The scenes are not explained.

When did they explain that Jorah has Dragon glass. I missed that part. You're just supposed to assume it?

1100-1900....birds don't fly that fast. There was no explanation as to how long they waited. None. It seemed like. Dawn til dusk. 2 days? No way it seemed that long. They showed no sunsets and no sunrise. No night scenes. It seemed like ONE long cold day.

The NK...Drogon was grounded. Rescuing the humans. The bigger Dragon. Also doing massive damage. He nailed Viseryion and missed the bigger closer target after that. Your point on this is weak.

Benjen...that's just another example. Not that it matters. It's still weak. Jon would be dead in MINUTES from hypothermia. Nothing. No dry cloak. Nothing. Then he stays to die. He could have escaped and "lived" the same way he has been. Also...supplies? He knows the CotF.

I don't get what your issue is here. You're less creative in your points than the show. :lol: You can accept lousy writing. I don't. I'll still watch because it's been so **** long but...i can and will be disappointed in the rush/hack job they are doing.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,714

Post#746 » by ccvle » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:17 pm

spree8 wrote:
ccvle wrote:
spree8 wrote:You gotta take into account that not only do the birds not have to worry about the terrain or fatigue as much, but they also fly at a high altitude which shortens the overall distance from point A to point B.

Enlighten me. I dont think that is true.

Higher the altitude the thinner the air/less resistance which increases the speed of travel.

well, then say it shorten the time from point a to point b, not that it shorten distance.
spree8
RealGM

Post#747 » by spree8 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:19 pm

JFC you honestly either have some attention disorder or day dream disorder where you just space tha fuq out when you watch the show.

You're sitting here on numerous occasions saying "I didn't see nightfall"... "I didn't see Jorah with dragonglass" ..."I don't know how far that is".. "I don't know this" .." I didn't see that".... fuq'n pay attention then lol.

How you gunna argue with me when you admittedly don't know wtf you're talking about? You didn't see shyt and you don't know shyt but you're so quick to talk shyt. Stop complaining about the show and enjoy it.
spree8
RealGM

Post#748 » by spree8 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:20 pm

ccvle wrote:
spree8 wrote:
ccvle wrote:
Enlighten me. I dont think that is true.

Higher the altitude the thinner the air/less resistance which increases the speed of travel.

well, then say it shorten the time from point a to point b, not that it shorten distance.

Time/distance whatever... stop nitpicking.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,004

Post#749 » by Fury » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:30 pm

spree8 wrote:JFC you honestly either have some attention disorder or day dream disorder where you just space tha fuq out when you watch the show.

You're sitting here on numerous occasions saying "I didn't see nightfall"... "I didn't see Jorah with dragonglass" ..."I don't know how far that is".. "I don't know this" .." I didn't see that".... fuq'n pay attention then lol.

How you gunna argue with me when you admittedly don't know wtf you're talking about? You didn't see shyt and you don't know shyt but you're so quick to talk shyt. Stop complaining about the show and enjoy it.

The dragon glass i agree with but the time stuff is ridiculous. 2000 miles in two days? For a raven to send the msg and then dany taking no breaks?
spree8
RealGM

Post#750 » by spree8 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:36 pm

Fury wrote:
spree8 wrote:JFC you honestly either have some attention disorder or day dream disorder where you just space tha fuq out when you watch the show.

The dragon glass i agree with but the time stuff is ridiculous. 2000 miles in two days? For a raven to send the msg and then dany taking no breaks?

It's not 2000 miles, and we don't know how many days exactly.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#751 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:53 pm

:wink:
spree8 wrote:
Fury wrote:

There's the map I used. You tell me how far it is.

http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/versions/map_canon_only.jpg

Also...it's not obvious they have dragon glass. It's never mentioned. Plot holes everywhere. You don't have to get all mad bruh. You accept it. Others don't.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,273

Post#752 » by mademan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 pm

It's clear that there are a chit ton of plot holes. Theyre rushing this and that hardly ever comes out well. Hopefully theyre just rushing it so that season 7 can come together better
spree8
RealGM

Post#753 » by spree8 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:03 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote::wink:
spree8 wrote:
Fury wrote:

Also...it's not obvious they have dragon glass. It's never mentioned. Plot holes everywhere. You don't have to get all mad bruh. You accept it. Others don't.

I'm not mad... you are lol. You won't stop complaining about it. And I'm good on using that scale... too much work. The people complaining about the time are the same people who aren't understanding a lot of the show in general so it's no surprise. The ones who don't get mad, get it.

Please rewatch and actually pay attention. Not only is Jorah using the dragonglass which you could fuq'n see crystal clear in his hands, but Tormund has an axe made of dragonglass too.

It's basic shyt like this that these writers expect you to just see and not have to hold your hand for you to get.
Galvationknicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,912

Post#754 » by Galvationknicks » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:15 am

He's has a point there. It's like you guys want to be told Tyler durden is an imaginary character in some guy's head in the first 20 mins of the movie. They don't need to hand hold you all the way through
JB is Him
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#755 » by rammagen » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:17 am

This season is rushed. they have gone beyond the well thought out books. And the result is a story with loopholes. I read the books and prefer them to the this season.I think most of the people that read the books are disappointing the book did not come out before the season.
Can't blame the writer he is banking but those of us who read the books first have been let down by Martin. Without the fans of the series this show is never made in the first place.
So now the question is does Martin phone it in and give the last book that is basically the tv series?
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#756 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:21 am

spree8 wrote:
spree8 wrote:

I'm not mad... you are lol. You won't stop complaining about it. And I'm good on using that scale... too much work. The people complaining about the time are the same people who aren't understanding a lot of the show in general so it's no surprise. The ones who don't get mad, get it.

Please rewatch and actually pay attention. Not only is Jorah using the dragonglass which you could fuq'n see crystal clear in his hands, but Tormund has an axe made of dragonglass too.

It's basic shyt like this that these writers expect you to just see and not have to hold your hand for you to get.

Dude...stop lying. You refuse to allow any logical explanation for plot holes or missed facts. So i have to keep explaining it and you keep refusing to accept it. I missed the Dragon glass...that's ALL i missed and with all of the action...I didn't notice what they had as weapons. A quick sentence During the Longclaw conversation would have pointed it out. Everything else has been explained. That map backs up my argument....1900 miles in a straight line. Birds stop. Zig zag. 2 days At 50 mph. For all we know they could have been there 2-3 days. NOTHING gives me that impression. Again...another simple sentence when Jon was saying Dany is our only hope. "We have 3 days rations. We'll wait it out. The ice won't freeze right away". Otherwise....it seems like overnight at best. Too quick for MY liking.

The show has plot holes because it is rushing through things. It's OBVIOUS to some. Maybe not you. You like simple ****. I've been reading this story multiple times for 19 years. I've watched the show. This epiisode and, on a larger scale, the season has been rushed and has more flaws than any of the prior seasons. Trying to imply I don't know the whole story or the bigger picture is a joke to me.

Some people don't like things that you do. Deal with it. You can accept it. Others don't have to. Period.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#757 » by ChaosHamster » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:23 am

spree8
RealGM

Post#758 » by spree8 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:24 am

:lol:
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#759 » by Ignitowsky » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:48 am

We're watching a show that has dragons, resurrections, chRacters with extraordinary abilities (Bran), a magical wall that is 300 miles long and 700 ft High, Faceless Men, White Walkers, wights, warging, giants, Vhildren pf the forest, Shadow creatures that can be conjured up to kill people, etc etc, and people are worried about gaps in the timeline. Yes, some of the writing has been sloppy. It makes sense that it would be because they had to go off script when they didn't have the books to work with anymore and obviously there is only one person alive that can write this story correctly, and he's taking his fat ass time about it. Everyone has a right to nitpick, but if you're willing to just step back and do some willing suspension of disbelief, they've done some amazing stuff this season. I'm personally really enjoying it.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
spree8
RealGM

Post#760 » by spree8 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:00 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Dude...stop lying. You refuse to allow any logical explanation for plot holes or missed facts. So i have to keep explaining it and you keep refusing to accept it. I missed the Dragon glass...that's ALL i missed and with all of the action...I didn't notice what they had as weapons. A quick sentence During the Longclaw conversation would have pointed it out. Everything else has been explained. That map backs up my argument....1900 miles in a straight line. Birds stop. Zig zag. 2 days At 50 mph. For all we know they could have been there 2-3 days. NOTHING gives me that impression. Again...another simple sentence when Jon was saying Dany is our only hope. "We have 3 days rations. We'll wait it out. The ice won't freeze right away". Otherwise....it seems like overnight at best. Too quick for MY liking.

The show has plot holes because it is rushing through things. It's OBVIOUS to some. Maybe not you. You like simple ****. I've been reading this story multiple times for 19 years. I've watched the show. This epiisode and, on a larger scale, the season has been rushed and has more flaws than any of the prior seasons. Trying to imply I don't know the whole story or the bigger picture is a joke to me.

Some people don't like things that you do. Deal with it. You can accept it. Others don't have to. Period.

The show is not perfect..never said it was. I have my own problems with this season (like that mission to kidnap a walker), but complaining about time gaps (that aren't even that far fetched), and complaining about things you've overlooked (that were covered in the show) is annoying.

Also, the distance is not 1900... just checked.. it's 1300 max. Now enough of this..

Return to New York Knicks