ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Game of Thrones

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Re: OT: Game of Thrones 

Post#801 » by Stannis » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:14 am

We havent seen Ghost this season, right? I think Jon is gonna give it to one of Arya and Sansa once he flies off riding a Dragon with Dany.
Free Palestine
yb90
Senior
And1: 190

Post#802 » by yb90 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:43 am

Will Gendry stay at the wall and make weapons or go to Winterfell and make weapons out of the dragonglass? Arya and Gendry reunion? Ultimately, I think Davos keeps him by his side.

Also, the Tyrion and Dany talk only adds fuel to the thought of her dying.

Is the Dragon flying over Kingslanding in the vision Bran had, the wight-dragon?

Why is Arya pushing Sansa? Is it to prove to her that she will finally pick family over everything else? Sansa still wants the crown deep inside and that could be part of the reason why she never told Jon about the Vale coming. If Jon would have died she would probably Queen of the north. I am pretty sure Sansa won'r try to kill Arya, right. Plus, didn't the red woman say they will meet again. Is Arya the one who kills her? I think Davos will do it.

Brienne and the Hound reunion will be nice to see.

Finally, I read all of the Duncan and Egg stories and I like them. Now, I need Martin to make some Ginger and The Hound adventures.
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#803 » by LakerLegend » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:43 am

Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#804 » by Polk377 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:59 am

Lakerfan17 wrote:http://time.com/4909961/game-of-thrones-bran-stark-night-king/

Interesting theory and it would explain the Night King's warging abilities. It seems kind of late to go this route in the show but would make a great twist if GRRM wants to go a different way in the books.
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#805 » by MrProb » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:03 am

EP.6 was so ridiculous it ruined the whole season for me :(

Gendry ran all that way ? really ?
So the WWs were scared of falling into the ice cold water but how did they managed to chained Viserion and pull him up ?
The scene where Jon stayed behind to get rid of a few wws... looked so stupid, he could just get on the dragon..

It was so so much fun binged watching ep.1 to 6 until the last 20-30 minutes of ep.6 -*-
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#806 » by Polk377 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:28 am

MrProb wrote:EP.6 was so ridiculous it ruined the whole season for me :(

So the WWs were scared of falling into the ice cold water but how did they managed to chained Viserion and pull him up ?
The scene where Jon stayed behind to get rid of a few wws... looked so stupid, he could just get on the dragon..

It was so so much fun binged watching ep.1 to 6 until the last 20-30 minutes of ep.6 -*-

What? It took one episode to ruin a season as great as this one for you?

It's not like Gendry ran there like it was no big deal. He was practically on the verge of death when he got to the gate. You don't really know how long it took him to get there.

I liked that the wights didn't just jump into the water like brainless zombies. It actually added a lot of depth to them as characters. If they can understand things like that then it makes them a tougher enemy. How they chained up Viserion no one knows because it happened off camera but it makes sense sacrificing a few for the greater good of their cause of gaining an ice dragon no?

If Jon just got on the Drogon the wights would have jumped on as well. He stayed back to allow the others to get on safely. By the time he turned to get back to them he was tackled by the wights through the ice.

All of this made sense man.
MrProb
Analyst

Post#807 » by MrProb » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:47 am

Polk377 wrote:

What? It took one episode to ruin a season as great as this one for you?

It's not like Gendry ran there like it was no big deal. He was practically on the verge of death when he got to the gate. You don't really know how long it took him to get there.

I liked that the wights didn't just jump into the water like brainless zombies. It actually added a lot of depth to them as characters. If they can understand things like that then it makes them a tougher enemy. How they chained up Viserion no one knows because it happened off camera but it makes sense sacrificing a few for the greater good of their cause of gaining an ice dragon no?

If Jon just got on the Drogon the wights would have jumped on as well. He stayed back to allow the others to get on safely. By the time he turned to get back to them he was tackled by the wights through the ice.

All of this made sense man.

If you say so, it's your opinions but IMO all those didn't make much sense to me.

There is a theory speculating that the Night King planned it all along (not attacking them on the island just so Daenerys would fly all the way to save them hence why he had ice spears prepared) which makes a lot more sense to me.

Ran all those way on knee deep snow ? yup Gendry has the best legs in westeros for sure.

The dragon was using his tail swipes here and there but he wasn't really be aware of his surrounding just for that moment ? in the middle of thousands of enemies ? I don't know, feels like it happened just for the sake of the story to me. ( not to mention all those on the back of the dragon are capable fighters and not like all the wights were piling on them.

There were so many more things that didn't make much sense and a lot of people mentioned them on Reddit, they just didn't feel like it was a big deal but to me it kinda is because this is the best series I've ever watch and I didn't expected these from them.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#808 » by jwise44 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 am

That whole time frame made 0 sense when I watched with my girl and it was so hard for me to get back into the episode because of it...takes them a while to get to the wall (a few days), they march out for I assume more than 30 minutes, they see a mountain in the distance that looks like a 2 day march for that group (minimum), but gendry runs that crap faster than hell back to the wall and gets there before they freeze, then a crow flies fast enough to the southern most point of the southern kingdoms and dany makes it back there...again before they freeze. I hate time discrepensies, so while sober it annoyed me

but I just watched it high as balls with my friend and just focused on the non-tdkr-esque time missteps and it was awesome
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,494

Post#809 » by Meat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:22 pm

all the way? they hadn't walked far probably not more than 5-10 miles.

as for viserion , it's a simple cost benefit analysis. its a dragon, in that world they're reusable nukes.. you do what you can to get one
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#810 » by spree8 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:45 pm

:nonono: anyone remember the "not enough information" answer to math problems in school?

Apply that to the time jumps, and stop trying to figure it out... we don't know how long has passed, but enough time has... however long it's been.. so stop crying about it.
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#811 » by boomann21 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Are you guys arguing about the realism of a show about Face Stealing Little Girls, Dragons and, Walking dead Ice men.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Post#812 » by Fury » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:13 pm

spree8 wrote::nonono: anyone remember the "not enough information" answer to math problems in school?

Apply that to the time jumps, and stop trying to figure it out... we don't know how long has passed, but enough time has... however long it's been.. so stop crying about it.

It's just not consistent with the earlier seasons
MrProb
Analyst

Post#813 » by MrProb » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Fury wrote:
spree8 wrote::nonono: anyone remember the "not enough information" answer to math problems in school?

This.

Not only was it not consistent, the earlier seasons were pretty much perfectly reasonable (other than Arya gaining height and what not when she's wearing faces)
The show was close to perfection, I always ignored the Arya's case but the EP.6 timeline is just a big mess that felt like it was made just for the sake of making it into one episode.
spree8
RealGM

Post#814 » by spree8 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Fury wrote:

I feel like a broken record with the time jump stuff... Look at the very first episode... Ned gets a raven saying King Robert is coming north. The very next scene King Robert arrives... did you assume he teleported the 1,000 miles?

They've always jumped time in this show where it suits them, and other storylines they've dragged out focusing on every little aspect including guys taking time just to take a piss. There were so many storylines that you didn't notice that much.

But now, with there being so few storylines, it's much more noticeable. But it's nothing new. Nobody at this point in the show wants to watch guys sailing on a boat for two weeks... they give you enough clues that time has passed tho.

Watch the stranded scene again, it's day time, then night time, then day time, they sleep, they wake up, Thoros dies, they burn him, they have numerous conversations about how to get out (killing the NK) and not being able to survive much longer (Jorah/Jon), The Hound being bored and throwing rocks, them sitting in different positions each time it cuts back.

Use your imagination on how much time has passed, but trust the writers enough to know that they don't intend to tell the story as if Dany got there 10 mins later.

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
spree8
RealGM

Post#815 » by spree8 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Some of ya'll need to re-watch the whole series and actually pay attention.

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,437

Post#816 » by j4remi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:42 pm

Way too much about the time issues and whether or not we should fan-fic our way to accepting it. Better to just ignore it and accept that the showrunners took something GRRM got away with via subtlety and turned it up to a Spinal Tap eleven.

I'm curious if yall have any side characters you would have liked to see with their stories expanded. It's too late now obviously, but there are 7 seasons of content and characters that have come and gone. Some of those characters were either cool designs or just never got to have their motives fully explored. For me Qyburn is the one I'm most curious about. He was banned by the maesters, resurrected the mountain and has taken over as pretty much the only voice Cersei gives any credence to but we almost never see him besides talking to Cersei. I'd love to have learned more about his backstory and how he mastered the dark ish.

I hope they revisit Meera Reed and show us the Reed family in general...interesting clan.

Areo Hotah (the main bodyguard in Dorne) is really interesting in the books and got dropped before he could even fight once in the show. There's another character with Dany in the books who was cut from the show as well that I won't get too much into but I have a similar sentiment for.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
spree8
RealGM

Post#817 » by spree8 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:56 pm

j4remi wrote: accept that the showrunners took something GRRM got away with via subtlety and turned it up to a Spinal Tap eleven.

Would you agree that this is the reason for it seeming that way...

spree8 wrote:There were so many storylines that you didn't notice that much. But now, with there being so few storylines, it's much more noticeable.

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#818 » by Ignitowsky » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:29 pm

j4remi wrote:Way too much about the time issues and whether or not we should fan-fic our way to accepting it. Better to just ignore it and accept that the showrunners took something GRRM got away with via subtlety and turned it up to a Spinal Tap eleven.

I'm curious if yall have any side characters you would have liked to see with their stories expanded. It's too late now obviously, but there are 7 seasons of content and characters that have come and gone. Some of those characters were either cool designs or just never got to have their motives fully explored. For me Qyburn is the one I'm most curious about. He was banned by the maesters, resurrected the mountain and has taken over as pretty much the only voice Cersei gives any credence to but we almost never see him besides talking to Cersei. I'd love to have learned more about his backstory and how he mastered the dark ish.

I hope they revisit Meera Reed and show us the Reed family in general...interesting clan.

Areo Hotah (the main bodyguard in Dorne) is really interesting in the books and got dropped before he could even fight once in the show. There's another character with Dany in the books who was cut from the show as well that I won't get too much into but I have a similar sentiment for.

Fat Belwas :)
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,437

Post#819 » by j4remi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:36 pm

spree8 wrote:
j4remi wrote: accept that the showrunners took something GRRM got away with via subtlety and turned it up to a Spinal Tap eleven.

Would you agree that this is the reason for it seeming that way...

spree8 wrote:There were so many storylines that you didn't notice that much. But now, with there being so few storylines, it's much more noticeable.

Not really. The Robert example happened when there weren't any storylines branching off. But Robert's arrival time wasn't gonna impact the story so no one really cared how long it took, fast or slow. Jon Snow's circumstances were life and death...so it was noticeable. That's what I mean by subtlety.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,190

Post#820 » by gavran » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Stannis wrote:We havent seen Ghost this season, right? I think Jon is gonna give it to one of Arya and Sansa once he flies off riding a Dragon with Dany.

We haven't seen Ghost since episode 2 of last season.

Return to New York Knicks