ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis: "I Want To Stay In New York!"

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,617

Re: Porzingis: "I Want To Stay In New York!" 

Post#21 » by Knick4Real » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:06 pm

denterprise wrote:
nyczlegacy wrote:I mean what is he supposed to say?

"No I'm leaving after 2 years, Sorry"

non story here

The way he elaborated why he wants to be here shows he has a desire to stay a Knick . If he just said, I like being a Knick or time will tell, and left it at that then that could be an indication he is not totally sure. He knows he has a chance to be a star on the biggest stage in sports, and if he can help bring a championship to the city after so many years of futility he will be King.

THANK YOU! :nod:
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,617

Post#22 » by Knick4Real » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:13 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I still love KP but I respectfully don't give a crap where he wants to be.

I know, I know -- he's just answering a question, what else do you want him to say, he's being positive, he wants to win, etc., etc., etc. I know. I get it.

But just shut up already. You have to get a lot better for this to matter at all.

Once he's a restricted free agent, both he and the Knicks will decide what's going to happen. That's still 2 summers away, which is an eternity for his career and for the Knicks' trajectory as far as how much better they're getting and what things look like. If the Knicks look bad still, or KP looks great and he just wants to leave ... even if the team is NOT looking bad, but rather is on the upswing, then I respect that. I will respect that.

Sure I'd be heartbroken, if KP looks great and he just wants to take the qualifying offer and leave. It's a contractual right that he has. Who could really blame him. We could boo him but we can't blame him. Until then ... it's irrelevant and he needs to stop flexing his skinny muscles ...

Shut
The
Hell
Up

And prove it on the court.

:nod:
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#23 » by Jimmit79 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:35 pm

I thought KP was that guy who will stay neutral always just work on his game and let his play do the talking but the way he did things since the exit meeting makes me think he is a fake. He can stay or leave he can be star or superstar I don't care that person I thought he was is no more.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#24 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Greenie wrote:
reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Then why did you put up that Clippers tweet?

Snakes in the grass

I believe that KP can be great (he isn't yet despite all the hype) and this will be a breakout year for him. I detest what he did to Phil and how to caved to Melo's demands.

Stop blaming others for KP's choices. Melo had nothing to do with anyone skipping a non mandatory meeting. Stop it.

This whole meeting mess needs to die.

He's not blaming others. He said KP. :lol:

Bad day today on the NASDEQ?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#25 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Trade him for Dragan Bender and a protected 1st.

KG. We need to talk.

Bender....Bender would put me into a week long Bender.

Spoiler:
I only drink on special occasions

He means THIS Bender

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#26 » by Greenie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:57 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Greenie wrote:
reub wrote:
I believe that KP can be great (he isn't yet despite all the hype) and this will be a breakout year for him. I didn't etest what he did to Phil and how to caved to Melo's demands.

Stop blaming others for KP's choices. Melo had nothing to do with anyone skipping a non mandatory meeting. Stop it.

:banghead:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#27 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:59 pm

Greenie wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Greenie wrote:Stop blaming others for KP's choices. Melo had nothing to do with anyone skipping a non mandatory meeting. Stop it.

I forgot, one more thing.

F*ck Melo! :rofl2:
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#28 » by NY2TheBay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:00 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Trade him for Dragan Bender and a protected 1st.

KG. We need to talk.

Bender....Bender would put me into a week long Bender.

Spoiler:
I only drink on special occasions

He means THIS Bender

cubano?
Greenie
RealGM

Post#29 » by Greenie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:16 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Greenie wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

But if I say fuq whoever your fav is I'm wrong, right?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#30 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:35 am

Greenie wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Greenie wrote: :banghead:

:lol: You've been doing that for the past 12 years I've been here. But to answer your question, it depends on whether I agree with you.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#31 » by Greenie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:41 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Greenie wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

:lol: You've been doing that for the past 12 years I've been here. But to answer your question, it depends on whether I agree with you.

In real life too?
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#32 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:48 am

I'm glad KP is committed to New York but I have yet to hear about what kind of offense and more importantly how Coach Horny plans to make the team better on Defense.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#33 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:57 am

So, with advent of modern technological marvels like phones, cell phones, the transatlantic cable, satellites, the internet, email etc etc, how come Porzingis or his team haven't contacted someone in the NYC press and done a brief, feel good story about how he's staying and committed to the Knicks. You know, squeeze it in during liking Instagram models or making workout videos?

KP's a good guy in a lot of ways and I'm glad he's a Knick, don't get me wrong. But his actions around this, even if some of it was warranted, aren't the best look. Sort of transformed him from "that next young, great guy\great player" you want to root for, to "just another talented player" - even if he winds up the best player on the team.

To me, I get that Janis and co are trying to take a page out of the "modern athlete, calls the shots, fluent in media" thing, and that's ok. Their prerogative. But it takes the shine off KP as an individual, which in turn changes my narrative of how I see him. Also, it makes me realize how much of every single move, in the media, of KP's has been stage managed from the moment the NBA draft closed in, if not, honestly, sooner, but as a North American NBA fan, I may not have seen.

I mean, kid gets drafted and a day later there this whole slick video about "KP's journey". Seemed cool at the time, now seems like insincere BS.

Put it this way. A ton of hype grew around Aaron Judge in a flash this year. Yet the guy comes across totally different. Yet, I bet they aren't that far apart in mentality, other than KP has a team around him acting like stage moms and looking to cash in.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#34 » by reub » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Does KP really want to stay in New York or did Melo, his boss, tell him to say that?
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#35 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:23 pm

reub wrote:Does KP really want to stay in New York or did Melo, his boss, tell him to say that?

Some of these posts :noway:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#36 » by MrOrange » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:12 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:So, with advent of modern technological marvels like phones, cell phones, the transatlantic cable, satellites, the internet, email etc etc, how come Porzingis or his team haven't contacted someone in the NYC press and done a brief, feel good story about how he's staying and committed to the Knicks. You know, squeeze it in during liking Instagram models or making workout videos?

KP's a good guy in a lot of ways and I'm glad he's a Knick, don't get me wrong. But his actions around this, even if some of it was warranted, aren't the best look. Sort of transformed him from "that next young, great guy\great player" you want to root for, to "just another talented player" - even if he winds up the best player on the team.

To me, I get that Janis and co are trying to take a page out of the "modern athlete, calls the shots, fluent in media" thing, and that's ok. Their prerogative. But it takes the shine off KP as an individual, which in turn changes my narrative of how I see him. Also, it makes me realize how much of every single move, in the media, of KP's has been stage managed from the moment the NBA draft closed in, if not, honestly, sooner, but as a North American NBA fan, I may not have seen.

I mean, kid gets drafted and a day later there this whole slick video about "KP's journey". Seemed cool at the time, now seems like insincere BS.

Put it this way. A ton of hype grew around Aaron Judge in a flash this year. Yet the guy comes across totally different. Yet, I bet they aren't that far apart in mentality, other than KP has a team around him acting like stage moms and looking to cash in.

Probably because KP's camp does not see this as anything they should remedy through PR. i don't think they even realize how overblown the whole non-story has been in the NYC media.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#37 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:49 pm

MrOrange wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:So, with advent of modern technological marvels like phones, cell phones, the transatlantic cable, satellites, the internet, email etc etc, how come Porzingis or his team haven't contacted someone in the NYC press and done a brief, feel good story about how he's staying and committed to the Knicks. You know, squeeze it in during liking Instagram models or making workout videos?

Probably because KP's camp does not see this as anything they should remedy through PR. i don't think they even realize how overblown the whole non-story has been in the NYC media.

I doubt that. Blowing off the meeting and keeping silent was to achieve a result, which they got - Phil being ousted and the organization making moves to make the team better. I'm not arguing with the end result, just the follow up. KP and his crew are nothing if but media savvy. I mean, again, there was a full blown glossy 10 minute video released moments after he was drafted by NYC. It was done, they just had to tack on the part about the city and team that drafted him. They know what they think the play is and are still in it.
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#38 » by MrOrange » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:27 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
MrOrange wrote:

I doubt that. Blowing off the meeting and keeping silent was to achieve a result, which they got - Phil being ousted and the organization making moves to make the team better. I'm not arguing with the end result, just the follow up. KP and his crew are nothing if but media savvy. I mean, again, there was a full blown glossy 10 minute video released moments after he was drafted by NYC. It was done, they just had to tack on the part about the city and team that drafted him. They know what they think the play is and are still in it.

I don't think that his other bro Martins who handles media affairs is that savvy at all. During that press conference in Latvia he openly said that he felt relieved to get out of NYC at the time and that the pressure has been enormous for him. I think that the NYC media shoes are actually too big for him as he has no previous media experience at all. But, yeah, I think that laying low right now is the approach of choice by KP camp. Difficult to say if its right or wrong. It is clear that NYC media can make a story out of nothing and then start to take that story for a fact. I don't believe in conspiracy theories and also do not think that skipping that meeting was part of a ploy to oust Phil. Phil brought it on himself.
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#39 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:11 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:I thought KP was that guy who will stay neutral always just work on his game and let his play do the talking but the way he did things since the exit meeting makes me think he is a fake. He can stay or leave he can be star or superstar I don't care that person I thought he was is no more.

You and Buzz took the words right out of my heart. I thought he was an old school kid, "one of those", and I've met kids like that from other walks of life. Just hard working and a joy to teach. I like Giannis more in that regard, it's why I like rooting for him. KP turned out to be just another brat. His words are empty, only his play now will dictate if I care.
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#40 » by reub » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:55 pm

DievsZingis wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:I thought KP was that guy who will stay neutral always just work on his game and let his play do the talking but the way he did things since the exit meeting makes me think he is a fake. He can stay or leave he can be star or superstar I don't care that person I thought he was is no more.

You and Buzz took the words right out of my heart. I thought he was an old school kid, "one of those", and I've met kids like that from other walks of life. Just hard working and a joy to teach. I like Giannis more in that regard, it's why I like rooting for him. KP turned out to be just another brat. His words are empty, only his play now will dictate if I care.

Let's hope that Frank has a better attitude and appreciates the opportunity he's been given. I believe that he will.

Return to New York Knicks