ImageImageImageImageImage

[Sham] Derrick Rose to Cavs! (Cap & KT Party)!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

waya
RealGM
And1: 5,133

Re: [Sham] Derrick Rose to Cavs! (Cap & KT Party)!!! 

Post#101 » by waya » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:43 am

Hated him on the Knicks from the moment we traded for him. Good riddance
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#102 » by KnicksScholar24 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:47 am

slacker55 wrote:Ron Baker's parents must be very proud that their son is set to earn twice as much as the former MVP...

Had Steve Mills not been in charge, NY could have used their MLE to facilitate a sign-and-trade of Rose & Carmelo to Cleveland.

-

As for Rose, his lack of defense is being greatly exaggerated by salty Knicks fan. He started on a great defensive team in Chicago. The Knicks lack of ANY team defensive strategy (thanks Rambis), and bigs like Noah (should have been a good pick & roll defender) underachieving, is what made Rose defense look so bad (Jennings too). Not to mention, Carmelo wanting to conserve his energy on the defensive end (as usual).

Derrick was a good one-on-one offensive player, but when your team gives up layups and open shots EVERY play on the defensive end. Good one-on-one offensive players like Rose, Anthony, and Porzingis is useless. They are only valuable players if you have good-to-average team defense. The Knicks did not have that.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#103 » by MrOrange » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:53 am

relieved is the mildest work I could say :)
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#104 » by Tron Carter » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:45 am

KnicksScholar24 wrote:
slacker55 wrote:Ron Baker's parents must be very proud that their son is set to earn twice as much as the former MVP...

Had Steve Mills not been in charge, NY could have used their MLE to facilitate a sign-and-trade of Rose & Carmelo to Cleveland.

-

As for Rose, his lack of defense is being greatly exaggerated by salty Knicks fan. He started on a great defensive team in Chicago. The Knicks lack of ANY team defensive strategy (thanks Rambis), and bigs like Noah (should have been a good pick & roll defender) underachieving, is what made Rose defense look so bad (Jennings too). Not to mention, Carmelo wanting to conserve his energy on the defensive end (as usual).

Derrick was a good one-on-one offensive player, but when your team gives up layups and open shots EVERY play on the defensive end. Good one-on-one offensive players like Rose, Anthony, and Porzingis is useless. They are only valuable players if you have good-to-average team defense. The Knicks did not have that.

yes i'm sure rose was the missing piece to get that deal done :roll:

dude signed for the vet minimum for a reason.
R.I.P Black Mamba
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#105 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:28 pm

god shammgod wrote:saying rose can do what kyrie can do is like saying rudy gay can do what durant can. although the latter is actually a little closer to being true and it's not true at all.

Word. And Gay is way better at his position than DRose is at his. Wayyyyyyyy better.

DRose is a bench SG. Maybe Lebron could cover up enough of his deficiencies that they could start him. Would be his greatest feat yet.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#106 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:41 pm

Lol at Ron Baker making more then twice D Rose salary. What a joke.
Jim Dolan
Starter
And1: 470

Post#107 » by Jim Dolan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:18 am

LeBron is gonna love D-Rose!!!
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#108 » by magnumt » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:21 am

Read on Twitter

:lol:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#109 » by KnicksScholar24 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:29 am

Here is a quick recap of this franchises latest moves:

This team trade a quality, productive, reasonably priced starting C and a young PG prospect -for- a former all-star PG with one year left on his contract. Then they decided to replaced said productive starting C with an useless, immovable, 4-year albatross, who can't stay healthy. Finally, they lose the former all-star PG for NOTHING. Blueprint completed.

Now they want young assets back in trades.

Not to mention, this team also sign a starting SG for 4 years (on reasonable contract); the same time they signed the useless replacement C. Then, in the very next season, they sign another starting SG for 4 year @ $71 M (not reasonable contract). To make matters worst, they overpaid the secondary starting SG so that the team, they traded him to (for the pick that you drafted the young PG prospect mentioned previously), won't match the offer. They don't match. The former all-star PG rights get renounced to make it happen.

This team also gave an undrafted rookie a 2 year/$9 M deal WITH a PLAYER OPTION; wasting the MLE, which maybe could have been used to sign-and-trade the former all-star PG to a team over-the-cap (for at least one young asset). The undrafted rookies' contract, btw, is worth over 4 times as much as the former all-star PG signed for (therefor losing him w/ no compensation, even though compensation was lost when he was obtained).

The current player the team is trying to trade away, in order to get young assets (but probably won't get any due to idiotic NTC), was acquired by trading ALL of the team's young assets, at the time, along with multiple first round picks (one I believe turned out to be Gordon Hayward).

This team also gave up a first round pick for Andrea Bargnani, who also left with no compensation. This team also as decided to begin a rebuild at the same time that they traded away their next 4 second round picks to the Philadelphia 76ers.

That's not just Phil Jackson; that's Steve Mills too. The team's owner rewards incompetence like this.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#110 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:22 am

good thing Brandon knight got injured. Did not want him.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,307

Post#111 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:23 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:good thing Brandon knight got injured. Did not want him.

Damn! I fear for the player you really really don't want! :lol: #voodoodoll # death :o
:beer: RIP mags
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#112 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:49 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Damn! I fear for the player you really really don't want! :lol: #voodoodoll # death :o

lol. I didn't mean for it to sound like that.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,499

Post#113 » by Fat Kat » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:51 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Disgruntled
Sophomore
And1: 44

Post#114 » by Disgruntled » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:19 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:Lol at Ron Baker making more then twice D Rose salary. What a joke.

This. As bad as the THJR deal was, you could try to explain it away arguing that the knicks managerial team is expecting some great, magical improvement by Hardaway that may make the deal less terrible. In case of Baker a couple points remain mysterious:

a)the usual one for the Knicks: whom where they bidding against? (I bet most teams wouldn't even want Baker on their roster for free, let alone giving him 10mill. Dollar)

b)in what type of scenario do the knicks come out winners of this deal? If Baker remains the player he was last season then the contract is a complete joke. If Baker somehow improves drastically to make 5mill. look like a bargain, well then he'll opt out of the contract and wants to sign a bigger one or leave. The deal is perfect for Baker as he can literally only win....but for the Knicks?

The only positive is that Baker didn't miraculously have a span of 10-15 good games last season averaging like 11points/6 assists or Mills may have thrown 4years/55million at him. It is so odd it seems that both agents (Hardaway/Baker) just walked into Mills' office, got everything they wanted an then some and left. It seems as if they walked in, dictacted the money,the player option, trade kicker etc.etc. threw Mills a pen to sign and then walked out of the office. There seems to have been no one negotiating on the Knicks side of these deals.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,307

Post#115 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:07 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

lol. I didn't mean for it to sound like that.

Is there another way it could sound?

Example:

Ed McMahon: "Heeerrrrresss Johnny"!
Jack Nicholson in The Shining .....

See where I'm going with this? :lol: Cheers! :beer: :beer:
:beer: RIP mags
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Post#116 » by NYKat » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:18 pm

Disgruntled wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Lol at Ron Baker making more then twice D Rose salary. What a joke.

This. As bad as the THJR deal was, you could try to explain it away arguing that the knicks managerial team is expecting some great, magical improvement by Hardaway that may make the deal less terrible. In case of Baker a couple points remain mysterious:

a)the usual one for the Knicks: whom where they bidding against? (I bet most teams wouldn't even want Baker on their roster for free, let alone giving him 10mill. Dollar)

b)in what type of scenario do the knicks come out winners of this deal? If Baker remains the player he was last season then the contract is a complete joke. If Baker somehow improves drastically to make 5mill. look like a bargain, well then he'll opt out of the contract and wants to sign a bigger one or leave. The deal is perfect for Baker as he can literally only win....but for the Knicks?

The only positive is that Baker didn't miraculously have a span of 10-15 good games last season averaging like 11points/6 assists or Mills may have thrown 4years/55million at him. It is so odd it seems that both agents (Hardaway/Baker) just walked into Mills' office, got everything they wanted an then some and left. It seems as if they walked in, dictacted the money,the player option, trade kicker etc.etc. threw Mills a pen to sign and then walked out of the office. There seems to have been no one negotiating on the Knicks side of these deals.

Yes get used to overspending and cap mismanagement under Mills. A trademark of any era he's been involved with this franchise.
Jump Shot
Analyst
And1: 971

Post#117 » by Jump Shot » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:18 pm

Disgruntled wrote:

+1

I'm going to miss Derrick Rose tbqh. I didn't hate him.
Disgruntled
Sophomore
And1: 44

Post#118 » by Disgruntled » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Jump Shot wrote:
Disgruntled wrote:

+1

Just crazy to think that Baker makes almost as much as Rondo and Rose combined.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#119 » by NYKAL » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:21 pm

Disgruntled wrote:
Jump Shot wrote:
Disgruntled wrote:

+1

Just crazy to think that Baker makes almost as much as Rondo and Rose combined.

All I can say about Baker is that when he was on the floor, I wasn't screaming at the team to take him out unlike other guys that were on the floor.

There were many times when I wished we could just dump Rose because of his TOTAL inability to see the floor or make the right pass. It started to look like he has something against KP, the was he refused to pass him the ball.

Return to New York Knicks