ImageImageImageImageImage

Chef Melo thread 5 - Sauces say trade is simmering

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Re: Chef Melo thread 5 - Sauces say trade is simmering 

Post#1981 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:43 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:charlotte ? detroit ? the hell kind of coke is dan patrick giving you ?

first time someone has done that to me after doing it to others for years. if it was gonna be anyone, i'm glad it was you....and not mpharris.

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#1982 » by god shammgod » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:44 pm

shtolky wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

How worried are you guys about Mills/Perry breaking and excepting not a bad deal but not a good deal just cause they want Melo gone?? I unfortunately think there's absolutely a possibility of it happening but hoping they can hold out and not do it. I think they want Melo gone and might not think it's a good idea to bring him back which could result in them breaking.

i really don't know. but to me it would define their tenure, as soon as it began, if they did give in. which means we'd already be f*cked and it would only get worse.

Why would they give in? I mean sure, let's take stupidity out of the equation which can never be totally ruled out, but let's assume Perry has a handle on things and won't do anything stupid like taking on Anderson. From everything we have heard, we are staying far far away from players and contracts like Anderson. Let Melo play, play well, and leave in a year. The most sensible thing to me. We can and should win this game of chicken. Melo is coming close to the end of his career, so another wasted year is a big deal for him.

there's no track record for me to judge. i would hope they wouldn't but who knows. when it gets close to training camp we'll see how willing both sides are to stand firm.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#1983 » by F N 11 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:45 pm

Longest trade rumor ever but you have to love the fact the knicks are not settling on Ryan Anderson. FOH. See you in training camp hoodie Melo.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,645

Post#1984 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:47 pm

Greenie wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:Oh well... it looks like neither Melo, Houston, or THE KNICKS :nod: are willing to blink first.
So, f*ck it. Bring Melo back until either he or Houston come to their senses.

BTW Melo: A no-trade clause doesn't mean you get to pick ONE team and we have to honor it.
:noway: :roll: :crazy:

If you want to trade him you do. Why? NTC.

So the Knicks have two options.
Trade him to Houston
Keep him

Melo should understand that if the Knicks can't find a trade they like with Houston they will not trade him. That's the Knicks right.

Neither party is wrong at all, but fans are trying to make Melo the bad guy for using something we gave him....and you guys don't see how you're wrong.

What you mean "we"? I didn't give him shiet.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#1985 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:48 pm

god shammgod wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
unless HOU finds a taker for Anderson do we have any other choice?

How worried are you guys about Mills/Perry breaking and excepting not a bad deal but not a good deal just cause they want Melo gone?? I unfortunately think there's absolutely a possibility of it happening but hoping they can hold out and not do it. I think they want Melo gone and might not think it's a good idea to bring him back which could result in them breaking.

i really don't know. but to me it would define their tenure, as soon as it began, if they did give in. which means we'd already be f*cked and it would only get worse.

I can absolutely see them breaking and taking Ryno back in the deal. I'm sure there would be a draft pick or picks and a player or two in the deal with Ryno but i can see them taking Ryno back. Don't want it but can see it.
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#1986 » by Apples » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:49 pm

Sit his behind on the bench the whole season.
I think he's being spiteful anyway, so the Knicks can't get much back for him. Thought this for awhile.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#1987 » by god shammgod » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:50 pm

and we're off to another thread. might i suggest a title. "melo thread 6 - nothing will happen in this one either"
RealGM
And1: 39,216

Post#1988 » by 2010 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:50 pm

NYKfan77 wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:If Melo wants Rockets so badly, he needs to do to them what he did to us 6 years ago.

He is .... It is just our FO sucks

6 years ago he said he would only go to NY
Now he is saying he will only go to Houston

Different partners same results crappy trade for the Knicks....Why because our FO sucks

Nope. Last time he alluded to being willing to go to Brooklyn to leverage us into making the deal and not waiting to sign him in free agency. The parallel scenario would be alluding to being willing to go to Cleveland, Portland, or OKC. Instead he is making it easier on the Rockets and applying all pressure to the Knicks by refusing to play along and at least be open to interest from other suitors such as CLE, POR, and OKC.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#1989 » by Sark » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:51 pm

Read on Twitter
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#1990 » by F N 11 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:51 pm

Melo Six his arse down on the bench.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,036

Post#1991 » by Capn'O » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:52 pm

god shammgod wrote:and we're off to another thread. might i suggest a title. "melo thread 6 - nothing will happen in this one either"

Continue here:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1602926
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks