ImageImageImageImageImage

Chef Melo thread 5 - Sauces say trade is simmering

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Re: Chef Melo thread 5 - Sauces say trade is simmering 

Post#1941 » by god shammgod » Tue Aug 1, 2017 7:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

whose man is this ?
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#1942 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Tue Aug 1, 2017 7:59 pm

Knox wrote:Is starting to get posted on twitter but I haven't found anything reliable to vouch for it

BREAKING: Knicks Carmelo Anthony has been traded to the Houston Rockets in a 4-team trade including Portland and Suns. More details coming.

there's nothing reliable to vouch for it because it was made up by some Twitter troll with make believe sauces looking for attention
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#1943 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:00 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

whose man is this ?

tired of these corny Twitter trolls...
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#1944 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:02 pm

If Melo wants Rockets so badly, he needs to do to them what he did to us 6 years ago.
DLTGWH
Sixth Man
And1: 670

Post#1945 » by DLTGWH » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:04 pm

god shammgod wrote:
DLTGWH wrote:
god shammgod wrote:melo wants to do what's best for him
the knicks want to do what's best for them
and the fans want what's best for the them

that's human nature. you're mad at someone for prioritizing their own interests first when you're doing the exact same thing.

People are mad at melo because he's playing a zero sum game.

He only wants Houston, which pits us in a weak, losing position.

Most fans want him to leave and be happy, but without us losing at the same time.

so you want him to do what's best for you. which is what i said.

No, I want him to do whats best for everyone. Theres a difference.
NOOB77
General Manager
And1: 3,288

Post#1946 » by NOOB77 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:04 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:If Melo wants Rockets so badly, he needs to do to them what he did to us 6 years ago.

He is .... It is just our FO sucks

6 years ago he said he would only go to NY
Now he is saying he will only go to Houston

Different partners same results crappy trade for the Knicks....Why because our FO sucks
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,041

Post#1947 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:04 pm

Slicin N Dicin wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Slicin N Dicin wrote:
Nothing personal against you - really just what I've been seeing from a lot of other posters in here..and if I misread your post or the point you were trying to make, that's my bad.

If he cared only about money, as has been mentioned in this thread, then he would open up his NTC to wherever he can go outside of here so they hold his bird rights to get $$

Portland can go to the playoffs, sure, but are they really a contender? OKC can lose PG13 next season, and in a stacked west..where are they going to go??

He wants Houston so he can get is $$, play with his friend, and have a chance at a more competitive team than both Portland and OKC.

Cleveland is toxic, as you mentioned..LeBron reportedly is out next year, and Kyrie wants out now..leaving a trash roster and no incentive for him to stay there.

Now, obviously Melo want his $$, can't deny him that right, but he also wants the option to get his $$ on a team that can win next year and beyond..not stuck on a medioce or trash team. His NTC, that we gave him, gives him the right to pick a team he wants to get traded to. The Knicks, have the right to make sure that the team receives a package that is worth it.

Neither party is holding the other hostage, and both are playing this situation correctly.

Again, if I misread your post..my bad...I'm just tired of people trying to blame this on Melo or say he's holding the team hostage when he's not.

Yeah...I'm not saying he's holding us hostage but...now that you mentioned it...he kind of is. He wants out but only to ONE team that won't pay fair price.

So Houston and Melo are holding the team hostage. More Houston but...Melo wanting money over winning is in play here still.

If we can't trade him then what? When we want to limit his minutes for the sake of our team is he gonna play along? Doubt it.

If he really wanted to win...He could go to OKC. That team would be on par with him in Houston IMO. Need to look at the rosters again to see but...Melo Russ and PG-13 is a nice big three. Need to examine the spare parts but...it can't be that much better.

We could probably get better value in a trade with OKC than Houston So...he's holding us back. Like when a hostage wants to leave. lol

He has made HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS in his career...just in N.Y. NEVER willing to help this teams chances to improve. He's a selfish man and not very bright.

just going to agree to disagree on this one.

This is my viewpoint from another post in this thread, I can't see any other way around it other than the below:

both the Knicks and Melo behaving rationally. Each wants what's best for them...no need to trade Melo for the sake of trading him and Melo doesn't need to open up his NTC to teams he doesn't want to go to.

I agree with that. He just can't say he wants out or pout when he gets his minutes cut to develop youth. He can't be a locker room problem or media problem about it either.

He wants out? Then open the list so it's worth it for everyone besides just himself. Life is a two way street. He has always been about him and ONLY him. That's the real of it.
:beer: RIP mags
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1948 » by god shammgod » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:07 pm

DLTGWH wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
DLTGWH wrote:
People are mad at melo because he's playing a zero sum game.

He only wants Houston, which pits us in a weak, losing position.

Most fans want him to leave and be happy, but without us losing at the same time.

Wrong. I want him to do whats best for everyone. Theres a difference.

everyone would include him and he wants to go to houston. so, no. you want the knicks to get the best deal they can. me too. he doesn't care about that. he cares about what he wants. and you care about what you want. welcome to life.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1949 » by god shammgod » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:09 pm

the knicks just need to call his and houston's bluff and bring him back. then maybe he'll change his mind about going other places.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,630

Post#1950 » by mpharris36 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:11 pm

god shammgod wrote:the knicks just need to call his and houston's bluff and bring him back. then maybe he'll change his mind about going other places.

unless HOU finds a taker for Anderson do we have any other choice?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1951 » by god shammgod » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:12 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:the knicks just need to call his and houston's bluff and bring him back. then maybe he'll change his mind about going other places.

unless HOU finds a taker for Anderson do we have any other choice?

not a good one
ophdog
Rookie
And1: 716

Post#1952 » by ophdog » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:13 pm

If we can't get kyrie or some valuable pieces what do we have to lose by bringing him back and not playing him? I just can't see him picking up that option if we do t play him. He would be choosing retirement
NotPhilJackson
Senior
And1: 320

Post#1953 » by NotPhilJackson » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:13 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
NotPhilJackson wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Melo doesn't only want to play with Lebron, he wants to WIN

If Melo wanted to win he would open up to POR being a trade destination. We could cut fat d*ckhead Morey out of the trade and just move Melo & Lee for Harkless, Davis, Vonleh, Leonard, 2018 unprotected 1st & 2020 top 10 protected 1st.

Dame - CJ - Aminu - Melo - Josef
Napier - Lee - Turner - Swanigan - Collins

That's pretty beast.

- Watch as the unreasonable fans refuse 2 1sts for Meyers Leonard come leaping on my d*ck about suggesting such a thing.

He should open it up to OKC as well, but I guess he has his reasons. So whatever

I wonder if that Jsports_ent report was actually true
That guy said that the Knicks told players and others that Melo was going to Houston. That could be a reason why Melo is only open to that team IMO

Yeah, realistically there are multiple lineups in which we COULD make a trade and that he would kick ass with.

POR - Dame - CJ - Aminu - Melo - Josef
OKC - WB - Roberson - PG13 - Melo - Adams (best option for him to win a chip)
BUCKS - Brogdon - Midds - Giannis - Melo - Monroe (with Kidd coaching him)
CHA - Kemba - Batum - MKG - Melo - Dwight (trade for Malik Monk - eyyyyy)
JAZZ - Rubio - Johnson - Ingles - Melo - Gobert (favors & hoooooooooood)
DET - Reggie - Bradley - Harris - Melo - Drummond (actually a beast lineup randomly)
BOS - IT - Smart - Hayward - Melo - Horford [with a crazy bench] (ayyyy never happening)

Yes I just did that for fun - but I also did it to prove Melo could expand his options if he really was all about winning. He's not, he's just a lil bish. 8-)
ophdog
Rookie
And1: 716

Post#1954 » by ophdog » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:15 pm

Him and Noah can start reading game of thrones books on the sideline together
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1955 » by god shammgod » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:16 pm

charlotte ? detroit ? the hell kind of coke is dan patrick giving you ?
NOOB77
General Manager

Post#1956 » by NOOB77 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:19 pm

ophdog wrote:If we can't get kyrie or some valuable pieces what do we have to lose by bringing him back and not playing him? I just can't see him picking up that option if we do t play him. He would be choosing retirement

We may bring him back but we will not be sitting him. He will be playing probably 27-33 minutes a game. They aren't going to sit him for excerising an option they gave him.
DLTGWH
Sixth Man
And1: 670

Post#1957 » by DLTGWH » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:20 pm

god shammgod wrote:
DLTGWH wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

everyone would include him and he wants to go to houston. so, no. you want the knicks to get the best deal they can. me too. he doesn't care about that. he cares about what he wants. and you care about what you want. welcome to life.

There are many situations Melo could go that are better for him and for us. The fact he is eliminating those opportunities because theyre not best case scenario for Melo, is the problem.

If he doesnt want to get traded to the Nets, fine. I'm pretty sure any reasonable fan would understand that isn't an acceptable option.

But lets not pretend like Melo isnt holding us hostage based on his NTC.

While thats his contractual right, it doesnt mean we have to be happy about it. And then commend him for it...
NOOB77
General Manager

Post#1958 » by NOOB77 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:22 pm

DLTGWH wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
DLTGWH wrote:

There are many situations Melo could go that are better for him and for us..

How do you know what is better for Melo???

Better for us? Yes
Better for Melo? You have no way of knowing what he believes is best for him
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#1959 » by shtolky » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:22 pm

NYKfan77 wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:If Melo wants Rockets so badly, he needs to do to them what he did to us 6 years ago.

He is .... It is just our FO sucks

6 years ago he said he would only go to NY
Now he is saying he will only go to Houston

Different partners same results crappy trade for the Knicks....Why because our FO sucks

Pretty big difference between a 26 year old prime Melo talking about NY, with no NTC vs. a 33 year old Melo with a NTC with at least one year left on his deal. Don't be mistaken, we won the Melo deal hands down. Some journeymen players and a pick and a swap. Hardly enough value for a superstar smack in the middle of his prime. It was the moves afterward that doomed us. The situation then vs. now are not comparable.
NOOB77
General Manager

Post#1960 » by NOOB77 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:25 pm

Maybe in his mind there are only 2 selections...

1- Go to Houston to play with his BFF and Harden to finish his career
2- Stay in NY to be close to his family

Maybe he only wants Houston because long term stability of having CP3 playing with him to finish his career.

Return to New York Knicks