ImageImageImageImageImage

Kyrie 3 - Everything is fluid

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Re: Kyrie 3 - Everything is fluid 

Post#1021 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Aug 1, 2017 5:06 am

NBA Fiend wrote:
Read on Twitter

An F5 bomb! What trade?
:beer: RIP mags
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#1022 » by Fat » Tue Aug 1, 2017 5:09 am

i just want the 3 piece special frank, doncic, kp

MakeKnicksGreatAgain
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Post#1023 » by Worst_to_First » Tue Aug 1, 2017 6:40 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
NBA Fiend wrote:
Read on Twitter

An F5 bomb! What trade?

Josh Jackson eligible to be traded August 2. Frank is August 4. Who will it be?
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#1024 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 9:11 am

You guys talkin about top 2 pick like its given.

FO dont want to tank hard. Our roster is good enough to win over 30 games. And we're not lucky.

So we'll probably get mid lottery pick.
Its value is far worse than top 3.

I'd take M.Porter over Kyrie as he'd have rookie contract but its not given like you guys saying.

Its not Kyrie vs Porter/Doncic.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#1025 » by Sark » Tue Aug 1, 2017 9:28 am

ozwizard8 wrote:You guys talkin about top 2 pick like its given.

FO dont want to tank hard. Our roster is good enough to win over 30 games. And we're not lucky.

I'd take M.Porter over Kyrie as he'd have rookie contract but its not given like you guys saying.

No one knows where their pick will land. That doesn't make them any less valuable. Every player comes through the draft. It's literally the lifeblood of all NBA talent. To trade out of it because you are worried that the pick might fall to the middle is foolish.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,815

Post#1026 » by Adelheid » Tue Aug 1, 2017 9:47 am

Sark wrote:

No one knows where their pick will land. That doesn't make them any less valuable. Every player comes through the draft. It's literally the lifeblood of all NBA talent. To trade out of it because you are worried that the pick might fall to the middle is foolish.

Aside from that, rookies are cost-controlled and team-friendly and we desperately need those because of the albatrosses on the team. Not every player within the young core will be "franchise-level" some of them will be glorified role-players, or else teams will have trouble building around 3 super-max players.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,425

Post#1027 » by Wolfgang630 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 10:31 am

Yes! Trade Kyrie to Phoenix so this trade talk can be over with and Knicks fans can move on.
slacker55
Sophomore
And1: 61

Post#1028 » by slacker55 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:07 pm

Sark wrote:

Agreed. But I think what he means is that people talk like we can simply tank and get Porter on Doncic. But even if we benched Melo and KP for the entire season, we might end up getting the 8th pick again next year.

And while I'd rather have a top 2 pick over Kyrie, I'm not sure I'd prefer an 8th pick over Kyrie.

Because I honestly don't see anyone on this current roster carrying this team. Nor do I see us attracting any serious free agents in the foreseeable future.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#1029 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:47 pm

slacker55 wrote:
Sark wrote:

Agreed. But I think what he means is that people talk like we can simply tank and get Porter on Doncic. But even if we benched Melo and KP for the entire season, we might end up getting the 8th pick again next year.

And while I'd rather have a top 2 pick over Kyrie, I'm not sure I'd prefer an 8th pick over Kyrie.

Because I honestly don't see anyone on this current roster carrying this team. Nor do I see us attracting any serious free agents in the foreseeable future.

To add that our FO plans to rebuild. They're not planning hard-tanking season.
They think we can develop our talent. So i dont expect benching KP or sth similar like 76ers did.
They'll encourage KP and THJR to play well. Those guys bring W's.

Personally i'd glad to see Knicks tank hard or trade top 5 protected pick+Melo+whg for Kyrie.
I just dont want this team to stay in Orlando Magic zone. I believe in 76ers plan but not Orlando's.
WeSkrongDen
Junior
And1: 184

Post#1030 » by WeSkrongDen » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:50 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
slacker55 wrote:
Sark wrote:

They think we can develop our talent. So i dont expect benching KP or sth similar like 76ers did.

Personally i'd glad to see Knicks tank hard or trade top 5 protected pick+Melo+whg for Kyrie.
I just dont want this team to stay in Orlando Magic zone. I believe in 76ers plan but not Orlando's.

Don't think that is going to be enough. Cavs don't really value Melo very much from the reports.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#1031 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:54 pm

Adelheid wrote:
Sark wrote:

Aside from that, rookies are cost-controlled and team-friendly and we desperately need those because of the albatrosses on the team. Not every player within the young core will be "franchise-level" some of them will be glorified role-players, or else teams will have trouble building around 3 super-max players.

If we do half-ass tanking we'll only get role players. Those role players would get max contracts too.
Even if those players arent great they'll command near max moneys like Crabbe, THJR. Otto Porter got max contract he deserved it but i would rather spend max contract on a star players.

KP would get his max in 2 years. WHG would get a near max contract like Kanter did couple years ago. Then Frank and 2018 rookie. We'll be capped out with KP+mediocre players. That team will improve slightly every year but they'll compete for late playoff seeds.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,957

Post#1032 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Aug 1, 2017 12:57 pm

WeSkrongDen wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
slacker55 wrote:

Don't think that is going to be enough. Cavs don't really value Melo very much from the reports.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7xdxrtj

i put this in the melo thread too. assuming all outgoing picks go to cleveland, is this even possible?

knicks give a protected or future first.
houston gives a first.
portland gives a first.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1033 » by King of Canada » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:02 pm

Capn'O wrote:
King of Canada wrote:Thankfully this **** feels dead to me

"Fluid" is apparently code for "not **** happening."

Fluid as in trying to grasp a drink of water with your bare hands.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Post#1034 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:05 pm

It's a Tweet. It must be accurate and true!
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#1035 » by god shammgod » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:10 pm

yep. we'll never get picks that high. you have to plan to be that bad.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1036 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:15 pm

I been saying think the Knicks is top 3 bad is crazy. Which is why the Bonga Brigade will Grow...
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#1037 » by Esq-4 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 2:35 pm

PHX does make sense. They have Bledsoe and other young pieces. We don't have that and the only young pieces we have (Frank, Willie, KP) no one wants to trade. Keeps CLE good this year with an eye towards the future, and the positions make sense as well.

Problem is, CLE almost has to stay win now because (a) it might be the last year with LBJ and (b) to convince LBJ to stay. But, if him leaving is a real threat, you have to look to the future when making trades with your biggest assets. Partially, this should mean Melo is attractive since he is a win now guy with a short contract, but it does nothing for the future and almost forces a Love trade - for better or worse.

CLE is also a bad trade partner in a multi team with Melo going to HOU because of the rumors LBJ might team up with them next year (although not sure how cap wise). LBJ has the right to take the year to decide, but with all the other uncertainty around the team it's a difficult position to be in
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,581

Post#1038 » by mpharris36 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 3:03 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y72sj2gl

here is the crazy 4 team trade (but I think it helps all 4 teams):

Knicks trade: Melo, Lee, KOQ
Knicks Receive: Shumpert, Dudley, Chriss, Miami 2018 1st, and HOU 2020 1st (plus NGT deals to match salary)

why - trade there vets and takes on two salaries (in shump and dudley but both expire before 2019 offseason). Gets Criss and 2 first round picks in the process.

Cavs trade: Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert
Cavs Receive: Eric Bledsoe, Courtney Lee, KOQ, and Dragan Bender (plus the rights to Isaiah Hartenstein)

why - turns irving into 1 good player and 2 good role players plus gets a couple international prospects for the future.

HOU trades: Ryan Anderson, 2020 pick, Isaiah Hartenstein, future 2nd round pick
HOU receives: Carmelo Anthony

why - gets Melo (pretty easy to understand why)

PHX trades: Eric Bledsoe, Jared Dudley, Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender, and MIA 2018 1st
PHX receives: Kyrie Irving, Ryan Anderson, future 2nd round pick from HOU

why - acquire Irving without having to give up Josh Jackson...gives PHX a starting lineup of Irving/Booker/Jackson/Anderson/Chandler pretty exciting team.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
KnickFan33
Veteran
And1: 1,446

Post#1039 » by KnickFan33 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 3:06 pm

mpharris36 wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y72sj2gl

here is the crazy 4 team trade:

Knicks Receive: Shumpert, Dudley, Chriss, Miami 2018 1st, and HOU 2020 1st (plus NGT deals to match salary)

why - trade there vets and takes on two salaries (in shump and dudley but both expire before 2019 offseason). Gets Criss and 2 first round picks in the process.

Cavs Receive: Eric Bledsoe, Courtney Lee, KOQ, and Dragan Bender (plus the rights to Isaiah Hartenstein)

why - turns irving into 1 good player and 2 good role players plus gets a couple international prospects for the future.

PHX trades: Eric Bledsoe, Jared Dudley, Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender, and MIA 2018 1st

why - acquire Irving without having to give up Josh Jackson...gives PHX a starting lineup of Irving/Booker/Jackson/Anderson/Chandler pretty exciting team.

Just wondering... am I the only one that'd be more interested in obtaining Bledsoe over Irving if both were involved in a 3 way trade?
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#1040 » by Jstarks3 » Tue Aug 1, 2017 3:11 pm

KnickFan33 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y72sj2gl

here is the crazy 4 team trade:

Just wondering... am I the only one that'd be more interested in obtaining Bledsoe over Irving if both were involved in a 3 way trade?

yes. bledsoe has awful knee issues. potentially d-rose 2.0. irving is injury prone as well, but as more big game experience, and his game isn't predicated on athleticism.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o

Return to New York Knicks