ImageImageImageImageImage

Ramon Sessions to NYK per shams

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,656

Re: Ramon Sessions to NYK per shams 

Post#261 » by DaGawd » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:18 pm

LugerLex wrote:Sessions
Lee
Melo
Kp
Willy

On paper this is sturdy
6-8 seed
IF
Melo and KP show up big....
Sessions/Lee/Willy are roles players and gonna do what they do
But KP and Melo can't be inconsistent
Theyre not role players theyre stars so time to act like it.
We still need more depth to actually be legit but what I'm watching for is to see what Melo and KP are really made of.

The goal is to get a top 5 pick.. not make the playoffs..

Plus that's the same lineup as last year minus Rose...Sessions might be worst than Rose... How is this team a 6-8 seed again?
BaF
Washington Wizards
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,954

Post#262 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:32 pm

This is a good signing. All we need for this guy is to mentor Frank, and take some heat for Frank, if he needs time to develop. Hopefully, he's a real point guard and can pass the ball to KP and put guys in position to win.

We're not gonna win with him, and that's okay. Let's not expect wins, and overrate a guy we got for 2.3 mill. There's a reason he was still out there.

Also, Ramon Sessions > Rose. And I'd rather have Ron Baker at his contract than Rose.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,224

Post#263 » by Knicks Byke » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:33 pm

can we call him razor ramon?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Post#264 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:39 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Lee
Melo
Kp
Willy

On paper this is sturdy
6-8 seed
IF
We still need more depth to actually be legit but what I'm watching for is to see what Melo and KP are really made of.

Plus that's the same lineup as last year minus Rose...Sessions might be worst than Rose... How is this team a 6-8 seed again?

Not to worry, we won't be a 6-8 seed.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#265 » by BeagleBoss » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:49 pm

If Ntilikina can't beat out a career journeyman backup. :angry:
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Re: RE: Re: Ramon Sessions to NYK per shams 

Post#266 » by BeagleBoss » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:52 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Lee
Melo
Kp
Willy

On paper this is sturdy
6-8 seed
IF

Don't underestimate the power of a changed environment and team personality. Removing Phil, Rose and hopefully Melo is going to do wonders for that locker room and unity on the court imo.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#267 » by Dantares » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:58 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:If Ntilikina can't beat out a career journeyman backup. :angry:

I don't really care if frank starts at PG or not or what his stats are. as long as he gets 20 minutes per game and he has a net positive impact on the floor that is a good thing. most 19 year old rookies are hot garbage, see brandon ingram last year.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Post#268 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:03 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:The goal is to get a top 5 pick.. not make the playoffs..

Don't underestimate the power of a changed environment and team personality. Removing Phil, Rose and hopefully Melo is going to do wonders for that locker room and unity on the court imo.

Oh, I agree with all that. Definitely. And the east is weak. Still, I think we'll need more talent. Who'll be worse than us? The Nets for sure. But after that, I don't know. The Sixers are going to be better.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#269 » by reub » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:13 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:If Ntilikina can't beat out a career journeyman backup. :angry:

He would be starting his FRESHMAN year if he played in the States. Let up on the kid already.
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#270 » by Kurt Rambis » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:55 pm

I don't think people realize how bad Sessions is.

Frank > Baker > Sessions.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,259
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#271 » by BKlutch » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:42 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Holy ****. I can't believe we gave all that money to this bum!

Wait....HOLY ****....no team option?

This is preposterous! Totally unacceptable!

LOL This place....

Making half what Baker is making with 10x the experience and resume. His 6-2-3 is also better then
4/2/2

What is your point? Baker played 5 games. Sessions has one foot in China.

If you want to act like Stats tell the whole story...

Knicks are down 20 points. Rose gets benched. Baker came in and won games in the 4th quarter with a +/- of 31. Rose went AWOL.

People act like 4/2/2 matter. Every time he got real minutes..he was the best PG on the team. He actually plays defense.

Which camp are you in? Overpaid or underpaid?

Try basing your opinions on facts next time. You might not be dismissed so easily.

This is a good way to look at it. We went from DRose at $23M/year to Ron Burgundy at $4.5M/year, and improved both our offense and defense. Actually, if Baker can play on a regular basis the way he did when he got minutes last year, we're going to be happy he's on our side.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#272 » by MP4LIFE » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:20 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:The goal is to get a top 5 pick.. not make the playoffs..

What was the excuse before Phil?

Mill being in charge means the environment is the same.

Doesn't matter, we need to tank anyway.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#273 » by MP4LIFE » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Knicks are down 20 points. Rose gets benched. Baker came in and won games in the 4th quarter with a +/- of 31. Rose went AWOL.

People act like 4/2/2 matter. Every time he got real minutes..he was the best PG on the team. He actually plays defense.

Try basing your opinions on facts next time. You might not be dismissed so easily.

I watched almost every minute of every Knick game last season. Baker had a few shining moments, but he had a lot of bad moments as well. Baker played a lot more then 5 games. He started more then 5 games also. He had an abysmal PER of 7.5 which has nothing to do with your minutes played. Its actually easier to have a respectable PER with lower minutes. Anyways..

You said he played 5 games.. He started 13 games and played 53. Averaged 17 mpg for the whole season... I bring up 4/2/2 because that is his averages over 17 mpg. He also shot 38% from the field and 27% from 3...

I saw nothing in his game in which he should have been rewarded a 9 million dollar contract with a player option included. Toney Douglas looked a lot more impressive his rookie season and brought defense as well. I hope Baker becomes a serviceable player, but I am not holding my breathe.

Its 1 thing to bet on your own players to develop and improve, its another thing to bet 9 million dollars on a 2nd year undrafted player who couldn't even breatk 40% fg or 30% 3pt.

That dude talking up Ron Baker is a classic example of Knicks fan with no sense of reality outside of the orange and blue. If Baker was never a Knick and was currently a free agent he wouldn't even be considered by any of these people praising him.
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#274 » by Bklyn&company » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:22 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Bklyn&company wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Moron, go find attention from your mommy

LOL... exactly proving you are a clown
Another computer gangster....SMH....grow up, use the left side of your brain and add to the convo or STFU

Hahahaha children, i don't have time for little girls. FOH

Took you a whole day to response with the same ignorant response.... Kid you still a clown.... don't come at grown adults if you can't handle it. Same chit, like many mfkers on here.. want to have a slick azz mouths off of one's opinion and expect no one to came after you. I know you some delinquent MF child living in your mama's basement still sucking breast milk.
Kid I can do this all day.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,815

Post#275 » by 8516knicks » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:00 pm

Sessions - master plan is ON = take the TANK to the BANK! (read what Kobe had to say about Sessions when he was with the Lakers)
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#276 » by Ignitowsky » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:13 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

I watched almost every minute of every Knick game last season. Baker had a few shining moments, but he had a lot of bad moments as well. Baker played a lot more then 5 games. He started more then 5 games also. He had an abysmal PER of 7.5 which has nothing to do with your minutes played. Its actually easier to have a respectable PER with lower minutes. Anyways..

You said he played 5 games.. He started 13 games and played 53. Averaged 17 mpg for the whole season... I bring up 4/2/2 because that is his averages over 17 mpg. He also shot 38% from the field and 27% from 3...

I saw nothing in his game in which he should have been rewarded a 9 million dollar contract with a player option included. Toney Douglas looked a lot more impressive his rookie season and brought defense as well. I hope Baker becomes a serviceable player, but I am not holding my breathe.

Its 1 thing to bet on your own players to develop and improve, its another thing to bet 9 million dollars on a 2nd year undrafted player who couldn't even breatk 40% fg or 30% 3pt.

That dude talking up Ron Baker is a classic example of Knicks fan with no sense of reality outside of the orange and blue. If Baker was never a Knick and was currently a free agent he wouldn't even be considered by any of these people praising him.

There have been countless cases with the Knicks and with other teams where a player was either highly regarded or regarded poorly, and then when they actually got to the team people either appreciated them much more than they did before or hated them much more than they did before. This is because you never really know a player until you get to see them play day in and day out under all sorts of conditions. so many people based their opinion of a player on one great game that they had against us and never look at the numbers or any of the other factors that make a player good or bad.

I'm not saying that Sessions is a good or even decent point guard, but he's a great fit for what this team is trying to do right now. I'm assuming he's a good guy in the locker room and that he's smart enough to know the game but not good enough to play it at a high enough level. We needed a mentor for Frank. Sessions is is going to be that guy.

As for Baker, yes, he averaged 4/2/2, but he showed that his numbers when playing significant minutes would probably be at least double that. Yes he's never going to be a great player In the NBA, but he plays hard on both ends of the floor, really plays defense and I suspect as a great guy in the locker room. I'd rather pay him for his effort and potential than overpay some journeyman bum.

you have to look at the totality of the situation before trying to assess one particular move. I like what we're doing so far in the offseason. my only gripe would be the player option that we gave to Ron rather than making it a team option.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#277 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:21 pm

Bklyn&company wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Bklyn&company wrote:LOL... exactly proving you are a clown
Another computer gangster....SMH....grow up, use the left side of your brain and add to the convo or STFU

Took you a whole day to response with the same ignorant response.... Kid you still a clown.... don't come at grown adults if you can't handle it. Same chit, like many mfkers on here.. want to have a slick azz mouths off of one's opinion and expect no one to came after you. I know you some delinquent MF child living in your mama's basement still sucking breast milk.

Well of course you can do this all day....you have no job, mommy does your laundry and cooks your food so all you have to do is play video games and sit on message boards all day...hahahaha. If you think getting the last post is winning then you'll definitely be winning cause i'm too grown to be going back and forth with little girls on a message board. FOH SMDH :noway:
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#278 » by Bklyn&company » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:34 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
Bklyn&company wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Well of course you can do this all day....you have no job, mommy does your laundry and cooks your food so all you have to do is play video games and sit on message boards all day...hahahaha. If you think getting the last post is winning then you'll definitely be winning cause i'm too grown to be going back and forth with little girls on a message board. FOH SMDH :noway:

LOL later sucker azz clown.... don't jump on posters post with your slick azz mouth... especially when no one wasn't talking to you... grow the fck up and mind yours. Nosey azz fck boy.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#279 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:47 am

Cut the e-thug garbage out NOW.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,575

Post#280 » by Capn'O » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:31 am

The whole vet thing is not about who is better at what time. It's about imparting Frank with the knowledge and conditioning regimen he needs before committing him to big minutes and a starting role. If Sessions is getting minutes ahead of him it's not necessarily because he's a better player... and he's not.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks