ImageImageImageImageImage

I was at that Knicks Game

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Fortune55
Junior
And1: 176

I was at that Knicks Game 

Post#1 » by Fortune55 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:25 am

Let's forget about Kyrie and Melo for a second and take time to talk about some good times which us Knicks fans barely have. Tell us about a pretty known Knick game u attended.

I attended three knick games and the best one I've been to was Knicks vs Celtics at MSG when we had Amare and Gallinari. I attended the game with 3 of my co workers who were Boston fans. Game went down to the wire with Paul pierce hitting the tie breaker and Amare hitting the game winner that was less than a second away from counting. Beautiful game, with dunks and amazing plays all game. I remember leaving MSG and all the Knicks fans were talking about the rumor of getting Melo. Our team looked like it had a bright future...... :cry: I can't wait to attend another game when we trade melo....

Quick question are babies/toddlers allowed to the game with out a seat? Got a new born, but my son and wife wants to go to New York for a family trip and they wanna go to the Knicks game.
In the words of J.R. Smith "Get Chicks or Die Trying"
NEW YORK KNICKS

S.O.S my Knicks
Hemispheres
Veteran
And1: 981

Re: I was at that Knicks Game 

Post#2 » by Hemispheres » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:31 am

Most memorable Knicks game I attended was Ewing's retirement night. It was against the Magic, double overtime win, and Spree had a triple double IIRC. He was a monster, I miss Spree.

Unfortunately never been to the Garden for a playoff game. Hopefully that will change in the coming years with Frank and KP headlining the team.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,098

Post#3 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:34 am

I've spoken to Marbury on the phone
I've put my finger in the spinning rim Sprees of Rashard Lewis ( in SEA)
I've casually bumped in Larry Johnson in the streets of NBA
I once saw amare in Israel at a nightclub. I went to say hi his bouncer intervened
I sold fragrance to Ray Felton
And best ever was meeting KP -- funny that's the only one I paid for
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#4 » by BeagleBoss » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:37 am

MJs 55 in 95.
Fortune55
Junior

Post#5 » by Fortune55 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:37 am

OrangeBlueSkies wrote:I've spoken to Marbury on the phone
I once saw amare in Israel at a nightclub. I went to say hi his bouncer intervened

How u pay to see KP and how much? Lol my sons dying to meet him.
In the words of J.R. Smith "Get Chicks or Die Trying"
NEW YORK KNICKS

S.O.S my Knicks
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,098

Post#6 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:41 am

Fortune55 wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:I've spoken to Marbury on the phone

Steiner sports at Roosevelt field mall 100$ met him and jerian grant

How u pay to see KP and how much? Lol my sons dying to meet him.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#7 » by AmazingJason » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:44 am

Game 1 of Knicks-Celtics at MSG in 2013. Because of the lockdown in Boston due to the terrorist attacks, prices dropped considerably as Celtics fans were dumping tickets en masse. There were zero green jerseys at the game. Here's a couple of threads that I posted about my experience:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1246212&p=35479242#p35479242

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1246335&p=35488747#p35488747
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,446

Post#8 » by robillionaire » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:45 am

I was at the game in Charlotte when the KP buzzer beater got waived off
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#9 » by poeman » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:46 am

KP vs Dirk at MSG their first meeting
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,919

Post#10 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:47 am

All my ticket money usually went to the Yankees back in the day, so I wasn't in attendance for anything special in the Ewing years or late 90s stuff at The Garden.

I can't wait for to move on from him, but I was at this game and still get chills every time I watch this.

rrosario35
Sixth Man
And1: 92

Post#11 » by rrosario35 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:50 am

Some good ones i attended:

Knicks 104 vs Bulls 72 -harper outscored the Bulls in the 3rd qtr. I think he had 18.

I was at the game when LJ and Zo got into it and JVG went for a ride.

First game vs the Lakers when Pat went down w the wrist injury I think Oak held Shaq to 18.

Knicks vs Bulls, i think the knicks won... this was when Rodman was wrestling, Hogan and Bischoff were there and every time Rodman would touch the ball the crowd would boo and Hogan and bischoff would argue w the fans.

Good times
Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#12 » by Slicin N Dicin » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:30 am

I was at that game referenced in the op...it sucked..was with my buddy who's a bulls fan and it was awful
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
QueensG718
Pro Prospect
And1: 688

Post#13 » by QueensG718 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:46 am

my most three memorable knick games I've gone too was when the knicks faced the Washington wizards when my came back..my first time seeing Jordan live. Also the knick game where the huge scuffle happen with Canby and Danny ferry where Canby threw a Haymaker at ferry. last but not least knicks vs nets when the Barclay center debut where opening night had to be pushed back due to hurricane sandy..ive been to other good games but these stand out the most...1b would be knicks vs the warriors where curry dropped 52 but we still won...curry put on a shooting display

Sent from my SM-G920T using RealGM mobile app
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#14 » by NY2TheBay » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:00 am

BeagleBoss wrote:MJs 55 in 95.

Damn, that game I was glued to.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#15 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:09 am

Fortune55 wrote:Let's forget about Kyrie and Melo for a second and take time to talk about some good times which us Knicks fans barely have. Tell us about a pretty known Knick game u attended.

I attended three knick games and the best one I've been to was Knicks vs Celtics at MSG when we had Amare and Gallinari. I attended the game with 3 of my co workers who were Boston fans. Game went down to the wire with Paul pierce hitting the tie breaker and Amare hitting the game winner that was less than a second away from counting. Beautiful game, with dunks and amazing plays all game. I remember leaving MSG and all the Knicks fans were talking about the rumor of getting Melo. Our team looked like it had a bright future...... :cry: I can't wait to attend another game when we trade melo....

Quick question are babies/toddlers allowed to the game with out a seat? Got a new born, but my son and wife wants to go to New York for a family trip and they wanna go to the Knicks game.

December 15th, 2010. I remember that game because I was there also. I remember the date because its my birthday lol.

First game of 2 that I have ever been to at MSG.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#16 » by MP4LIFE » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:17 am

Sadly, my most memorable game was McGrady's first game as a Knick whee he turned back the clock and looked like old T Mac for the one and only time in a Knicks uniform.

Another funny notable game: My first ever Knicks game in the early days of the Isiah era that saw us lose by 40 to the Mavericks. Sundov checked in at the end of the game and made a 3-pointer. Fans were cheering and chanting his name and he threw up his arms in celebration asking for more cheers. Again, this was a 40 point blowout. :lol:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,025

Post#17 » by DaGawd » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:18 am

MP4LIFE wrote:Sadly, my most memorable game was McGrady's first game as a Knick whee he turned back the clock and looked like old T Mac for the one and only time in a Knicks uniform.

I was at that game also. Got our moneys worth that night getting see the upstart OKC Thunder VS TMAC in his last hurrah at that time. Even got to see some overtime basketball.
BaF
Washington Wizards
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#18 » by nyczlegacy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:37 am

watched that game when i was in college w my buddies

heartbreaking loss but it was a crazy exciting game

much better times than now sadly.. **** this goon squad we have right now (minus KP and our youngins)
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#19 » by Polk377 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:22 am

One of the bright spots in the Marbury era

Went crazy at the Garden when D Lee did the unthinkable

My first Garden memory was Knicks vs Spurs in the 95-96 season. Game went into double OT with the Knicks winning. I remember the crowd was hyped because everyone would get a free donut or something if the Knicks won. David Robinson went off for 45 that game.
Dunk93
Junior

Post#20 » by Dunk93 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:34 am

Mine was the last game of the season. Years back. I forget which year bc the team was so bad and all these bad years have become a blur.

Anyway, why it was so memorable is bc all the concessions were free. I was shocked. They were launching food, ice cream, hamburgers etc into the stands like they were tshirts.

I guess this is the thanks we got for sticking with the team through such an exciting season. :roll:

Return to New York Knicks