ImageImageImageImageImage

I was at that Knicks Game

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,035

Re: I was at that Knicks Game 

Post#41 » by Reign23 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:57 pm

br7knicks wrote:i was at the 2012 game of the knicks versus the bulls. melo hit that game tying 3 in regulation. then that iconic game winning 3 over deng.

melo played well, and efficiently. shump had that putback dunk. my buddy and i made friends and went out drinking after the game. it was crazy. drose missed those FTs

damn...
formerly known as knickst4pe
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#42 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:04 am

My only game at the garden was the memorable Chris Duhon single game assist record game...

http://www.espn.co.uk/nba/recap?gameId=281129018

Was an amazing game to go to for being my first at msg
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#43 » by Daaaarryyl » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:45 am

Hemispheres wrote:Most memorable Knicks game I attended was Ewing's retirement night. It was against the Magic, double overtime win, and Spree had a triple double IIRC. He was a monster, I miss Spree.

Unfortunately never been to the Garden for a playoff game. Hopefully that will change in the coming years with Frank and KP headlining the team.

Yes :D I was there too. Spree was lighting it up from 3!!!

I remember us chanting "PATRICK EWING!!!" with a minute left til halftime because that's when the ceremony would begin.

Great memory was the Garden EXPLODING when Oak-dog was announced. My hands and voice would have to pay for that for a few days :lol:

Great night. Topped off by my and my boys moving down towards the court late in the 4th when the place emptied and being 20 ft from Tracy McGrady when he was at his apex. He was a stud for a few years, and watching him working his crossover in the half court was amazing.

Great night. Still have the mini banner with Pat's number that they gave out that night
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127
Starter
And1: 646

Post#44 » by KnIcKsYaNkSmEtS1127 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:53 pm

I was at the LaLa tastes like honey nut Cheerios game
I_Love_This_Game!!
Pro Prospect
And1: 70

Post#45 » by I_Love_This_Game!! » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:41 pm

I was at the game when Bernard King returned from injury. Amazing night! As he was walking out of the tunnel, he ignored everyone, but gave me a high five.
My Dream Team
PG...Magic Johnson...Steph Curry
SG...Michael Jordan...Kobe Bryant
SF...Larry Bird...LeBron James
PF...Tim Duncan...Charles Barkley
C...Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...Wilt Chamberlain
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#46 » by Scalabrine » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:08 pm

I was at LJ's 4 point play, the silence before the shot and the eruption once he hit it still gives me chills just typing it.

Ewing's retirement.

The Knicks v. Heat game where JVG was hanging onto Zo's legs.

I had season tickets during the golden years.
Go Knicks!
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,548

Post#47 » by cgmw » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:22 pm

"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,407

Post#48 » by robillionaire » Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:28 pm

KP first 40 and Frank arrival :)
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#49 » by King of Canada » Mon Nov 6, 2017 6:38 pm

robillionaire wrote:KP first 40 and Frank arrival :)

Nice!

I was in VA last week. On Nov 1st I woke up at 4am, and walked 2 miles down a dark country road with just a flash light. There were coyotes in the farm field 100 feet away from me as I walked by, their eyes shining from my light, as I heard them barking in the dark. I managed to make it to my destination to catch a bus into DC without getting eaten by wild animals. I arrived in DC around 6:30am, and walked around the city, taking in the sights. I boarded a bus at Union station and headed toward Manhattan. I arrived in the city around 2:30pm, and walked around the city, hanging out in Central Park, and eating some Joe's Pizza. I then attended my first Knicks game, as the Knicks got killed by the Rockets. Luckily I had great seats and sat next to two long time season ticket holders (who offered me tickets when I come back) It was awesome. The highlight of the night was Dotson with that pull up jumper on the break.

Even with the loss I had a great day, and hope to go back to the garden soon. Icing on the cake was meeting Rebecca outside the garden after the game.

Read on Twitter
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,316

Post#50 » by gavran » Mon Nov 6, 2017 7:08 pm

King of Canada wrote:

Nice!

I was in VA last week. On Nov 1st I woke up at 4am, and walked 2 miles down a dark country road with just a flash light. There were coyotes in the farm field 100 feet away from me as I walked by, their eyes shining from my light, as I heard them barking in the dark. I managed to make it to my destination to catch a bus into DC without getting eaten by wild animals. I arrived in DC around 6:30am, and walked around the city, taking in the sights. I boarded a bus at Union station and headed toward Manhattan. I arrived in the city around 2:30pm, and walked around the city, hanging out in Central Park, and eating some Joe's Pizza. I then attended my first Knicks game, as the Knicks got killed by the Rockets. Luckily I had great seats and sat next to two long time season ticket holders (who offered me tickets when I come back) It was awesome. The highlight of the night was Dotson with that pull up jumper on the break.

Even with the loss I had a great day, and hope to go back to the garden soon. Icing on the cake was meeting Rebecca outside the garden after the game.

Read on Twitter

Damn, you're really into her space in that picture. Remind me not to take a photograph with you. :D
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#51 » by King of Canada » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:43 pm

gavran wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

Nice!

Read on Twitter

Damn, you're really into her space in that picture. Remind me not to take a photograph with you. :D

That wasn’t me! She cuddled right into me! I swear I just stood there and she leaned right in.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
knicks512
Junior
And1: 1,127

Post#52 » by knicks512 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:47 pm

Saw Jeremy Lin at the height of Linsanity vs the Mavs. We won the game and he even dunked on a fast break. Crowd went wild.

Even cooler is that day I did a day / night Garden doubleheader. After the Knicks game we headed up to Midtown to eat at The Burger Joint in the Parker Meridian, went back to the the car, changed into Rangers gear and watched the Rangers win in overtime. Great (and tiring AF) day.

Return to New York Knicks