ImageImageImageImageImage

melo thread 6 - Updt PG. 34 (Woj Tweets: NYK & HOU Reengage)!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,950

Re: melo thread 6 - nothing will happen in this one either 

Post#81 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Aug 2, 2017 4:47 am

nykfan42 wrote:I can't believe we're still talking about this and there has been absolutely ZERO information to report besides the fact that Melo is a douchebag that doesn't want to play with the best player in the world and instead wants to play with the worst defensive player in NBA history and the worst defensive coach in NBA history to chase a ring.....

Put down the Jack Daniels.

The Cavs are loaded with bad contracts handed to Lebron's boys. Kyrie wants out. Lebron is only staying 1 more year.

Why would Melo want to jump in to that hot mess? How in your world is someone a douchebag for not wanting to jump in to an unstable situation?
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,501

Post#82 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Aug 2, 2017 4:49 am

Tron Carter wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Lol cavs want Wiggins + assets for Kyrie

honestly i'm really not that high on wiggins so i would consider it.

True
I just find it funny how they're trying to trade for him back after giving him away lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Since89
Bench Warmer
And1: 427

Post#83 » by Since89 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 4:57 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
nykfan42 wrote:I can't believe we're still talking about this and there has been absolutely ZERO information to report besides the fact that Melo is a douchebag that doesn't want to play with the best player in the world and instead wants to play with the worst defensive player in NBA history and the worst defensive coach in NBA history to chase a ring.....

The Cavs are loaded with bad contracts handed to Lebron's boys. Kyrie wants out. Lebron is only staying 1 more year.

Why would Melo want to jump in to that hot mess? How in your world is someone a douchebag for not wanting to jump in to an unstable situation?

He's a free agent next year he can leave with lebron what are you talking about :crazy:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,712

Post#84 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 2, 2017 5:24 am

Since89 wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:

He's a free agent next year he can leave with lebron what are you talking about :crazy:

You forget about what's best for Melo. You see, what's best for him is to get traded to the team that he want's to re-sign with that way he can get his super duper maxilicious contract. C'mon, get with the program buddy.
juandavidgv
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#85 » by juandavidgv » Wed Aug 2, 2017 5:29 am

Read on Twitter

Turner talking about a potential Melo to Portland move.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using RealGM mobile app
juandavidgv
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#86 » by juandavidgv » Wed Aug 2, 2017 5:30 am

Still, don't see how Melo removes the NTC to go to Portland.

wang000hk
Sixth Man
And1: 253

Post#87 » by wang000hk » Wed Aug 2, 2017 5:37 am

If I was Melo,I would rather be traded to Rockets too
They have 2 of the best passers,one of which is his close friend in the game right now,and they have multiple wing defenders to pair with him on the front to cover his weakness on perimeter D
On top of that,he would be jacking up open shots all day long as a 3rd option with a much better bench behind him

If they manage to knock down Warriors,his legacy would significantly improve,compared to a ring chaser next to LeBron and co.

And imo,Rockets is better built to match up against Warriors
Melo on Rockets would be deadly,and he always plays well against them
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#88 » by MP4LIFE » Wed Aug 2, 2017 5:41 am

Classic Melo.

Got paid his money, depleted our assets thanks to forcing a trade that Dolan pushed through and now is leaving and will likely only give us terrible contracts in a trade.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#89 » by whocares1 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 5:57 am

MP4LIFE wrote:Classic Melo.

Got paid his money, depleted our assets thanks to forcing a trade that Dolan pushed through and now is leaving and will likely only give us terrible contracts in a trade.

Unless Melo put a gun to Dolan's head Im not sure how you can blame him for the trade.
bigtimeRC3
Pro Prospect
And1: 571

Post#90 » by bigtimeRC3 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:12 am

Sources tell me that there will be no deal this week. Stay tuned.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#91 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:53 am

Since89 wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:

So he should waste a year of his career in Cleveland?

It was Phil and the Knicks FO that started this trade Melo BS. Melo seemed happy staying in NY. So he could be refusing all trades. Why give up your NTC clause for a situation that won't win and will explode in a year? Rockets with Melo have a better chance than Cavs with Melo against GSW. Of course, NY also has the right now to trade him.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#92 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:54 am

MP4LIFE wrote:Classic Melo.

Classic realGM hater.

Making up stuff to hate on Melo.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#93 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 7:22 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:

Melo has a player option after this season. He can opt out too if he wants and go wherever he wants to go.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#94 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 10:24 am

It's safe to say whoever ends up with Ryan's contract will get the most attractive draft assets or young salary controlled talent in the deal. Maybe Charlotte? Can we get MKG if we reroute Houston's pick there? Do we want to do that? Utah for Favors maybe? OKC for Kanter? All rather meh.

At the end of the day I think we are either taking Anderson plus some draft picks and unguaranteeds (Cam Oliver/Isiah Taylor?) or we buy Melo out.

If Scott Perry could get us a <25 year old (not named Meyers Leonard) AND a draft pick WITHOUT taking back a bad contract he will totally earn his keep here but I don't see it. There just aren't that many teams where it would make sense taking on Ryan Anderson (who's actually a valuable role player for any contender) unless they're sending out an equally bad contract.

I don't buy the Portland deal with ET and Harkless coming here stuff being real but it's one of the only deals where we kinda save face.
Harkless, who's kinda ok but really ordinary, will be billed as the young athlete that "fits into our plan and the way we want to play"
He is and he does.

But listen, and I KNOW people hate him, Evan Turner gives us something we sorely will lack without Melo here: edge. He ain't scared of nobody in the league. He's a starting caliber positionless rhythm guy that'll produce with consistent responsibility. He could make a play for his teammates from a few positions on the court and he boards well for his size. For an offense coach like Horns, ET makes the job a little easier because he knows how to run a play....and before you "UGH" remember the alternatives.

Waiving Melo actually may make the most sense if the job is to shamelessly truly tank but I don't know how they spin that all things considered. We will need a backbone even on the tank. I wouldn't hate this deal.

So possible third teams in a deal we could engage on Ryan Anderson (the third team gets a draft pick from Houston):
DET: Jon Leuer/Ish Smith? Maybe we get S.Johnson but I doubt it. But SVG doesn't seem to see him as a valuable piece so maybe.
And Ish was better for them than Reggie. And we don't want Leuer.

NOLA: Solomon Hill/Asik? Maybe we get C.Diallo who I'm high on but I doubt anyone else really is. And he alone at this point isn't worth the price of taking on those contracts from the Pels. I think he's gonna be a player but the optics on this wouldn't look good.

ORL: Biyombo/Herzonja? Biyombo and Noah would represent the worst offensive tandem at center we've probably ever seen at a combined $30 plus million for the year. Mario hasn't shown much but he's a talent and maybe Scott could get his former bosses on the jack to help us out. Or maybe they send him to voicemail. Not a good deal for us.

OKC: Kanter/Singler? I don't think they give up T-Ferg for because Kanter's expensive a$$ is actually a player with value but he totally doesn't fit what we want as "the asset" in a trade. Remember, these are the team we HOPE to send Ryno. And they are NOT parting with a young player without (perhaps more) draft picks coming back they're way just for the privilege of paying Ryan for the next three.

CHA: MKG/Jeremy Lamb? Makes sense on some levels for us and for them. I'd applaud Scott for this kinda trade. But we'd kill him for not being the one to get the draft pick in the deal as most would unfairly point to MKG's lack of offense as a comparison point between he and Melo both as small forwards. Again, the optics.

LAC: Austin Rivers/Wes Johnson? They'd probably just prefer a Courtney Lee for Austin swap; which I could see. But they'll need shooters with Milos/Bev and Blake handling more of the playmaking so maybe Ryno works here as well. Doc's boy ain't long for that team. Buy low on him, he's coming into his own.

UTAH: Favors/Alec Burks? I dont think I've seen Burks play twice in his whole career. Every time he plays my team he's hurt. Favors also isn't an NBA ironman. He's ok though. And he's an expiring. Fiscally responsible deal but uninspiring nonetheless. I'd rather take the draft pick with Ryno.

DEN: Faried/D.Arthur? I can hear Wally and Hahn lazily trying to tell us Faried plays defense after this trade like we ain't got eyes that work lol. I would want Faried if 1.we had Phil and he saw him as a new Rodman and got him to buy into it; every rebound is yours. Or 2. we really commit to running AND CONDITIONING and use him as the weapon he is in transition and on the lob; we don't know if our point guards are good enough to maximize his strengths; you need him engaged and feeling like a part of things because he's moody. And his weaknesses can't just be overlooked. I could see this happening though. We don't have a front court athlete like Faried on the roster.
His above the rim aggression and the whole "Mannimal" schtick with the dreads flying all crazy would play well here with the bread and opera tank job we're on this season. And we could talk ourselves into getting Faried in exchange for what amounts to a late round draft pick doesn't hurt any. We should know better but Faried is a tristate kid and a big time LGBT guy. That means something.

PHX: Jared Dudley/Derrick Jones Jr? It would kill me watching Jared Dudley as a Knick replacing Melo. Everything about that just feels wrong.Jones Jr is a poor man's James White. I guess you could convince me he has legit upside but all I see in a dunker. And you KNOW they're gonna try to send Tyson back to us. Nah B.

MIL: Henson/Dellie? No way we trade a pick here. It's very vanilla but it'd be a decent depth deal if we want to at least look like we want to compete some. Maybe we could even pry Rashad Vaughn from them. They'd likely want to pawn off Teletovic on us if so and I would walk away. Maybe tho...we involve Washington and they send Gortat (who was griping at season's end), Kuz and Ryno to Milwaukee, Monroe/Teletovic and Vaughn go to Washington and Henson/Dellvedova/Oubre Jr come to us. Fillers and whatever it takes to---who are we kidding?

MIN: Aldrich/Rush/Bjelica/Shabazz (sign and trade possible still if at all? Are all the new guys officially signed yet?): Thibbs needs some shooting on this team. Ryno fits here. You just know the Garden would sell Shabazz as a potential star here. He's another guy I like more than most though. And I'm going full D'Antoni with him and playing him at the four off the bench if I could. The other guys are expiring and waiver candidates. I doubt we could even sign and trade for Bazz so this is probably moot.

Watch Potato and his crew of tweeter flunkies toss around some arrangement of these trade principles in the coming days/weeks that this drags on. And let's see how creative and plugged in Scott is.

But the truth is Melo is in control because we are very much posturing and hoping something unforeseen enters into the fray changing the trajectory of talks. I personally believe they've already promised him Houston.
Theres no way you bring Melo back after all the bad blood and chance it hurts your locker room.
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#95 » by alphad0gz » Wed Aug 2, 2017 10:43 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:It's safe to say whoever ends up with Ryan's contract will get the most attractive draft assets or young salary controlled talent in the deal. Maybe Charlotte? Can we get MKG if we reroute Houston's pick there? Do we want to do that? Utah for Favors maybe? OKC for Kanter? All rather meh.

At the end of the day I think we are either taking Anderson plus some draft picks and unguaranteeds (Cam Oliver/Isiah Taylor?) or we buy Melo out.

If Scott Perry could get us a <25 year old (not named Meyers Leonard) AND a draft pick WITHOUT taking back a bad contract he will totally earn his keep here but I don't see it. There just aren't that many teams where it would make sense taking on Ryan Anderson (who's actually a valuable role player for any contender) unless they're sending out an equally bad contract.

I don't buy the Portland deal with ET and Harkless coming here stuff being real but it's one of the only deals where we kinda save face.
Harkless, who's kinda ok but really ordinary, will be billed as the young athlete that "fits into our plan and the way we want to play"
He is and he does.

But listen, and I KNOW people hate him, Evan Turner gives us something we sorely will lack without Melo here: edge. He ain't scared of nobody in the league. He's a starting caliber positionless rhythm guy that'll produce with consistent responsibility. He could make a play for his teammates from a few positions on the court and he boards well for his size. For an offense coach like Horns, ET makes the job a little easier because he knows how to run a play....and before you "UGH" remember the alternatives.

Waiving Melo actually may make the most sense if the job is to shamelessly truly tank but I don't know how they spin that all things considered. We will need a backbone even on the tank. I wouldn't hate this deal.

So possible third teams in a deal we could engage on Ryan Anderson (the third team gets a draft pick from Houston):
DET: Jon Leuer/Ish Smith? Maybe we get S.Johnson but I doubt it. But SVG doesn't seem to see him as a valuable piece so maybe.

NOLA: Solomon Hill/Asik? Maybe we get C.Diallo who I'm high on but I doubt anyone else really is. And he alone at this point isn't worth the price of taking on those contracts from the Pels. I think he's gonna be a player but the optics on this wouldn't look good.

ORL: Biyombo/Herzonja? Biyombo and Noah would represent the worst offensive tandem at center we've probably ever seen at a combined $30 plus million for the year. Mario hasn't shown much but he's a talent and maybe Scott could get his former bosses on the jack to help us out. Or maybe they send him to voicemail. Not a good deal for us.

OKC: Kanter/Singler? I don't think they give up T-Ferg for because Kanter's expensive a$$ is actually a player with value but he totally doesn't fit what we want as "the asset" in a trade. Remember, these are the team we HOPE to send Ryno. And they are NOT parting with a young player without (perhaps more) draft picks coming back they're way just for the privilege of paying Ryan for the next three.

CHA: MKG/Jeremy Lamb? Makes sense on some levels for us and for them. I'd applaud Scott for this kinda trade. But we'd kill him for not being the one to get the draft pick in the deal as most would unfairly point to MKG's lack of offense as a comparison point between he and Melo both as small forwards. Again, the optics.

LAC: Austin Rivers/Wes Johnson? They'd probably just prefer a Courtney Lee for Austin swap; which I could see. But they'll need shooters with Milos/Bev and Blake handling more of the playmaking so maybe Ryno works here as well. Doc's boy ain't long for that team. Buy low on him, he's coming into his own.

UTAH: Favors/Alec Burks? I dont think I've seen Burks play twice in his whole career. Every time he plays my team he's hurt. Favors also isn't an NBA ironman. He's ok though. And he's an expiring. Fiscally responsible deal but uninspiring nonetheless. I'd rather take the draft pick with Ryno.

DEN: Faried/D.Arthur? I can hear Wally and Hahn lazily trying to tell us Faried plays defense after this trade like we ain't got eyes that work lol. I would want Faried if 1.we had Phil and he saw him as a new Rodman and got him to buy into it; every rebound is yours. Or 2. we really commit to running AND CONDITIONING and use him as the weapon he is in transition and on the lob; we don't know if our point guards are good enough to maximize his strengths; you need him engaged and feeling like a part of things because he's moody. And his weaknesses can't just be overlooked. I could see this happening though. We don't have a front court athlete like Faried on the roster.
His above the rim aggression and the whole "Mannimal" schtick with the dreads flying all crazy would play well here with the bread and opera tank job we're on this season. And we could talk ourselves into getting Faried in exchange for what amounts to a late round draft pick doesn't hurt any. We should know better but Faried is a tristate kid and a big time LGBT guy. That means something.

PHX: Jared Dudley/Derrick Jones Jr? It would kill me watching Jared Dudley as a Knick replacing Melo. Everything about that just feels wrong.Jones Jr is a poor man's James White. I guess you could convince me he has legit upside but all I see in a dunker. And you KNOW they're gonna try to send Tyson back to us. Nah B.

MIL: Henson/Dellie? No way we trade a pick here. It's very vanilla but it'd be a decent depth deal if we want to at least look like we want to compete some. Maybe we could even pry Rashad Vaughn from them. They'd likely want to pawn off Teletovic on us if so and I would walk away. Maybe tho...we involve Washington and they send Gortat (who was griping at season's end), Kuz and Ryno to Milwaukee, Monroe/Teletovic and Vaughn go to Washington and Henson/Dellvedova/Oubre Jr come to us. Fillers and whatever it takes to---who are we kidding?

MIN: Aldrich/Rush/Bjelica/Shabazz (sign and trade possible still if at all? Are all the new guys officially signed yet?): Thibbs needs some shooting on this team. Ryno fits here. You just know the Garden would sell Shabazz as a potential star here. He's another guy I like more than most though. And I'm going full D'Antoni with him and playing him at the four off the bench if I could. The other guys are expiring and waiver candidates. I doubt we could even sign and trade for Bazz so this is probably moot.

Watch Potato and his crew of tweeter flunkies toss around some arrangement of these trade principles in the coming days/weeks that this drags on. And let's see how creative and plugged in Scott is.

But the truth is Melo is in control because we are very much posturing and hoping something unforeseen enters into the fray changing the trajectory of talks. I personally believe they've already promised him Houston.
Theres no way you bring Melo back after all the bad blood and chance it hurts your locker room.

Man.....you're one long winded dude...
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#96 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 10:51 am

alphad0gz wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:It's safe to say whoever ends up with Ryan's contract will get the most attractive draft assets or young salary controlled talent in the deal. Maybe Charlotte? Can we get MKG if we reroute Houston's pick there? Do we want to do that? Utah for Favors maybe? OKC for Kanter? All rather meh.

He is and he does.

Man.....you're one long winded dude...

Fluid on the two yard line baby.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#97 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Wed Aug 2, 2017 11:18 am

juandavidgv wrote:
Read on Twitter

Turner talking about a potential Melo to Portland move.

Farfetched...Melo to Portland ain't happening.
Jump Shot
Analyst
And1: 971

Post#98 » by Jump Shot » Wed Aug 2, 2017 12:04 pm

phuck Melo
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#99 » by N Y K » Wed Aug 2, 2017 12:06 pm

This place is like a bar clearing out as the night gets later, more reasonable give up and go home...
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,390

Post#100 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Aug 2, 2017 12:14 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:

Because Melo can opt out after next year?

Return to New York Knicks