ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Gaming Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: OT: The Official Gaming Thread 

Post#61 » by Greenie » Thu Aug 3, 2017 7:54 pm

Handledatruth wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Handledatruth wrote:
Now I gotta decide between ps4 or xbone :)

I have both

Same just not sure which one to try Destiny on. Maybe I'll go PS4.

Destiny is actually a PS game that's not exclusive...yet. That's where all the exclusives are....
Xbox players get heated when they see special gear and guns they can't have until months from the day they are dropped. :lol:
Greenie
RealGM

Re: Official Gaming Thread 

Post#62 » by Greenie » Thu Aug 3, 2017 7:58 pm

Handledatruth wrote:
Greenie wrote:
magnumt wrote:

Before getting sick, I used to do this all the time.

If he's not already, let him use NewEgg. He'll save a TON! It's a shame he didn't start a month or two earlier to take advantage of holiday sales. :lol:

--Mags :beer:

That's what he uses. He's been working on it forever. He's really, really busy though so I leave him alone about it, but he said I will be able to use it before the new year.

It took me about 8-10 hours of uninterrupted time to build mine. And that was without liquid cooling (adds some additional time). He'll disappear for one day and get it done.

I know, but he's been working so much lately that when he gets home I know he's tired as all hell so I leave him alone.
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,739

Post#63 » by Handledatruth » Thu Aug 3, 2017 7:59 pm

magnumt wrote:
Handledatruth wrote:
Greenie wrote:It's a really good game.

Now I gotta decide between ps4 or xbone :)

PS4. MSFT tends to fuq things up. Plus, your PS4 can also double as an entertainment hub. :D

--Mags :beer:

PS4 seems to have more crisp graphics for whatever reason, but I enjoy how seamless the party system is on XBox. Seems like most of this thread leans PS4 so maybe I'll join the club. :party: :party:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,449

Post#64 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 3, 2017 10:00 pm

Greenie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Greenie wrote:For those that don't know what Destiny Raids look like.

i don't know anything about destiny

didn't the people that made halo made this game?

Yeah

O.O
is it like a halo clone
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Greenie
RealGM

Post#65 » by Greenie » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:22 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Greenie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i don't know anything about destiny

Yeah

O.O
is it like a halo clone

Not a clone but you will see similarities.
You can pick your class and subclass. You run with Clans in Raids. Co-op story missions, strikes and different activities in game.

...and then you have PvP :lol:
Pure hell for some and the only mode others play because they have no friends to Raid with. :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,449

Post#66 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:35 am

Greenie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Greenie wrote:Yeah

O.O
is it like a halo clone

Not a clone but you will see similarities.
You can pick your class and subclass. You run with Clans in Raids. Co-op story missions, strikes and different activities in game.

...and then you have PvP :lol:
Pure hell for some and the only mode others play because they have no friends to Raid with. :lol:

sounds fun hehe
maybe I'll check it out later
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,909

Post#67 » by Rich Rane » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:57 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Greenie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i don't know anything about destiny

Yeah

O.O
is it like a halo clone

No. Gunplay is what you expect from Bungie, but the way Destiny 1 was released was so frustrating. Vanilla Destiny was completely unfinished. Story was non-existent and was a chore to understand with collecting something called Grimoire and you would read online or through the app. Getting rewards through RNG was/is ridiculous since most of the time the person on my team who did the least work whether through a Nightfall strike, raid, or PvP got the best stuff. PvP was pretty much broken Year 1 as the game was in DESPERATE need of weapon rebalancing (look up the usage of a gun called Thorn in Year 1). So you pay the original $60 and then you pay $35 for a Season Pass of two expansions ($20 each if you bought them separately) that includes only some strikes (a 3-man team mission), 1 raid, a horde mode, and story missions that really you couldn't give a damn about even as you play them.

Year 2! You've already spent $95-$100 at this point and the new expansion (The Taken King) is yours for $40! The story gets somewhat more interesting even though no one really understands what's going on. There's a new location called the Dreadnaught, three new strikes, a new raid, some new multiplayer maps. The level cap is also increased. Also, if you spent the original $95-$100 and don't wanna spend another $40, you can't level up past the previous cap which leaves you at a huge disadvantage in the PvP mode where that actually matters (The Iron Banner), other PvP setlists are conslidated so you can't play a specific version, no new gear or weapons, and are locked out of weekly activities if they're expansion exclusive. PvP finally finds a rebalance of weapons, but hurts PvE.

Year 3! Rise of Iron costed another $30. I didn't bother buying it. I wouldn't have even played Year 2 had my friends not paid for it for me.

So Destiny 2 already is opening with a Season Pass and is putting every PvP mode to 4v4. I will be skipping it.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#68 » by Greenie » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:26 am

Rich Rane wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Greenie wrote:Yeah

O.O
is it like a halo clone

No. Gunplay is what you expect from Bungie, but the way Destiny 1 was released was so frustrating. Vanilla Destiny was completely unfinished. Story was non-existent and was a chore to understand with collecting something called Grimoire and you would read online or through the app. Getting rewards through RNG was/is ridiculous since most of the time the person on my team who did the least work whether through a Nightfall strike, raid, or PvP got the best stuff. PvP was pretty much broken Year 1 as the game was in DESPERATE need of weapon rebalancing (look up the usage of a gun called Thorn in Year 1). So you pay the original $60 and then you pay $35 for a Season Pass of two expansions ($20 each if you bought them separately) that includes only some strikes (a 3-man team mission), 1 raid, a horde mode, and story missions that really you couldn't give a damn about even as you play them.

Year 2! You've already spent $95-$100 at this point and the new expansion (The Taken King) is yours for $40! The story gets somewhat more interesting even though no one really understands what's going on. There's a new location called the Dreadnaught, three new strikes, a new raid, some new multiplayer maps. The level cap is also increased. Also, if you spent the original $95-$100 and don't wanna spend another $40, you can't level up past the previous cap which leaves you at a huge disadvantage in the PvP mode where that actually matters (The Iron Banner), other PvP setlists are conslidated so you can't play a specific version, no new gear or weapons, and are locked out of weekly activities if they're expansion exclusive. PvP finally finds a rebalance of weapons, but hurts PvE.

Year 3! Rise of Iron costed another $30. I didn't bother buying it. I wouldn't have even played Year 2 had my friends not paid for it for me.

So Destiny 2 already is opening with a Season Pass and is putting every PvP mode to 4v4. I will be skipping it.

So you stopped playing?

People bitching about exotic gun power fuqed up the game. They are exotic for a reason. You can only equip 1. Exotics get their asses handed to them by "god roll" legendary weapons now. Go look up the Eyasluna. I will smack the hell out of a "Thorn" now with that gun and that is ass backwards. My Thorn got thrown in the trash.

Destiny is a grind game so the more you play the more stuff you will have. It's not a "everybody gets a trophy" type of game. Drops are random as they should be. I have yet to get certain "god rolls" in game. It is what it is. I have stuff that others want too.

As far as money...Welp.
Gamers really want free games and I don't know what to tell them. As long as it's not pay to win I don't have a problem paying for expansions and things like that. The game ran for 3 years, not 1. Buying 2k or Madden 3 years in a row costs more....and that's before we get into in game purchases(VC).

Destiny isn't for everyone. That's cool too.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#69 » by Rich Rane » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:39 am

Greenie wrote:So you stopped playing?

People bitching about exotic gun power fuqed up the game. They are exotic for a reason. You can only equip 1. Exotics get their asses handed to them by "god roll" legendary weapons now. Go look up the Eyasluna. I will smack the hell out of a "Thorn" now with that gun and that is ass backwards. My Thorn got thrown in the trash.

Thorn now, sure. Thorn during Year 1 was absolutely ridiculous. This is the usage for just a small period of time before Bungie finally decided on a rebalance.

Thorn may be an excotic, but when you have a single weapon used so much more than any other weapon, that's horrible for any game. That was Destiny PvP for like 8 months.

Destiny is a grind game so the more you play the more stuff you will have. It's not a "everybody gets a trophy" type of game. Drops are random as they should be. I have yet to get certain "god rolls" in game. It is what it is. I have stuff that others want too.

It's not even strictly RNG. It's Activision/Bungie's practices with this game:

That video doesn't even talk about the amount of content cut to resell to players.

As far as money...Welp.
Gamers really want free games and I don't know what to tell them. As long as it's not pay to win I don't have a problem paying for expansions and things like that. The game ran for 3 years, not 1. Buying 2k or Madden 3 years in a row costs more....and that's before we get into in game purchases(VC).

Just because you name another horrible gaming practice shouldn't excuse Bungie and Activision here.

Personally, I've spent hundreds of hours on endgame content raiding, in PvP, doing Nightfalls, etc., and I've never felt more ripped off by a game.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#70 » by Greenie » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:58 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Greenie wrote:So you stopped playing?

Thorn now, sure. Thorn during Year 1 was absolutely ridiculous. This is the usage for just a small period of time before Bungie finally decided on a rebalance.

Thorn may be an excotic, but when you have a single weapon used so much more than any other weapon, that's horrible for any game. That was Destiny PvP for like 8 months.

It's not even strictly RNG. It's Activision/Bungie's practices with this game:

That video doesn't even talk about the amount of content cut to resell to players.

As far as money...Welp.

Just because you name another horrible gaming practice shouldn't excuse Bungie and Activision here.

Personally, I've spent hundreds of hours on endgame content raiding, in PvP, doing Nightfalls, etc., and I've never felt more ripped off by a game.

Rich, all of this is truly irrelevant to me. It sounds like whining honestly. You don't have to play the game. Don't buy it. Simple. My ass stopped buying Madden. It is what it is.

I don't feel ripped off by Destiny. There's too much **** to do and gear to pursue.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#71 » by Rich Rane » Fri Aug 4, 2017 2:04 am

Greenie wrote:Rich, all of this is truly irrelevant to me. It sounds like whining honestly. You don't have to play the game. Don't buy it. Simple. My ass stopped buying Madden. It is what it is.

I don't feel ripped off by Destiny. There's too much **** to do and gear to pursue.

I did stop playing it. My comments may sound like whining to you, but your comments kinda come off ass fangirlism. It's not personal, it's what most players who still refuse to see Destiny's faults sound like to me, including the opinions of my friends. I mean you reply to my posts and you could've easily ignored it, but did you even read it or watch that video before declaring it irrelevant and saying I sound like I'm whining?
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#72 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Aug 4, 2017 2:13 am

one of my favorite reviews of destiny which I dont Like as well. Its most def a bleed you dry game.

Greenie
RealGM

Post#73 » by Greenie » Fri Aug 4, 2017 2:38 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Greenie wrote:Rich, all of this is truly irrelevant to me. It sounds like whining honestly. You don't have to play the game. Don't buy it. Simple. My ass stopped buying Madden. It is what it is.

I did stop playing it. My comments may sound like whining to you, but your comments kinda come off ass fangirlism. It's not personal, it's what most players who still refuse to see Destiny's faults sound like to me, including the opinions of my friends. I mean you reply to my posts and you could've easily ignored it, but did you even read it or watch that video before declaring it irrelevant and saying I sound like I'm whining?

I did and it sounds like typical YouTube whining. People bitched about Thorn because they didn't have one. You know why?

All of that for a gun. ANYONE could have gotten that gun. They didn't want to grind for it. Bitching about guns that had literal quests you could go do to have the exact same guns is childish. I'm sorry, but that gun was supposed to spank you. Players took hours going through that quest line only to have that gun nerffed to ****. That's what is not right.

People got pissed off because they got wrecked in crucible and didn't know how to combat that gun(shotgun). People get mad when they can't get passed parts in Raids or quests for whatever reason and then they see others with Raid gear and exotics they couldn't obtain. That doesn't mean the game is trash. That means your experience is/was trash due to things that happened to you. That's fine. That's an objective opinion.

I get wrecked by the icebreaker on a regular basis in PvP. I bet I won't hop on Bungies website a bitch about it. I pull out my Mida and spank that ass. Run up on me with a Palindrome and I'm getting my Matador on your ass. It's called strategy. Many people stop fuqing with Destiny because the don't know how to combat the current meta(side arms, ice breaker and auto riffles are it right now).

So instead of figuring out what to do they simply put the game down, call it trash and move on. It really is a "get gud" moment. I've seen blue and green weapons beat the **** out of people rocking exotics. Believe me, I have been pissed off many a day in crucible. I take those ass whoopings. I'm still looking for certain sparrows, ships, shaders, armor and weapons to drop. It's part of the game.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#74 » by Greenie » Fri Aug 4, 2017 2:39 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:one of my favorite reviews of destiny which I dont Like as well. Its most def a bleed you dry game.

:nonono:
Greenie
RealGM

Post#75 » by Greenie » Fri Aug 4, 2017 2:45 am

People lacked common sense with the Vanilla Destiny. How or why would you think you are going to get away with paying only $60 for a game the took $500 million to make? How Sway? You had to know those expansions were coming. You had to. $500 million? You had to know. $60 for 3 years ain't ****. They were getting that money back one way or another.
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#76 » by WajaBawl » Fri Aug 4, 2017 2:50 am

Played Destiny 1 and was incredibly indifferent about it. Just wasn't enough there to get me hooked.

Played the open beta for Destiny 2 on PS4 and to my surprise, I enjoyed it a lot. I'm the kind of guy who needs a narrative hook in a game in order to get invested. I'm a pretty big fan of Halo and if there's one thing Bungie knows how to do right, it's the gameplay and the way the shooting feels in their games. Destiny is no exception, feels great to play, just wasn't any semblance of a real story in the first one. From what I played in the beta it looks like they're actually constructing little story hooks this time in the sequel which might make me check out the full game. The raid in the beta was very entertaining with a nice bossfight in the end which was very satisfying to fight through with a couple of buddies.
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#77 » by Rich Rane » Fri Aug 4, 2017 2:57 am

Greenie wrote:I did and it sounds like typical YouTube whining. People bitched about Thorn because they didn't have one. You know why?

All of that for a gun. ANYONE could have gotten that gun. They didn't want to grind for it. Bitching about guns that had literal quests you could go do to have the exact same guns is childish. I'm sorry, but that gun was supposed to spank you. Players took hours going through that quest line only to have that gun nerffed to ****. That's what is not right.

People got pissed off because they got wrecked in crucible and didn't know how to combat that gun(shotgun). People get mad when they can't get passed parts in Raids or quests for whatever reason and then they see others with Raid gear and exotics they couldn't obtain. That doesn't mean the game is trash. That means your experience is/was trash due to things that happened to you. That's fine. That's an objective opinion.

I get wrecked by the icebreaker on a regular basis in PvP. I bet I won't hop on Bungies website a bitch about it. I pull out my Mida and spank that ass. Run up on me with a Palindrome and I'm getting my Matador on your ass. It's called strategy. Many people stop fuqing with Destiny because the don't know how to combat the current meta(side arms, ice breaker and auto riffles are it right now).

So instead of figuring out what to do they simply put the game down, call it trash and move on. It really is a "get gud" moment. I've seen blue and green weapons beat the **** out of people rocking exotics. Believe me, I have been pissed off many a day in crucible. I take those ass whoopings. I'm still looking for certain sparrows, ships, shaders, armor and weapons to drop. It's part of the game.

You completely ignored the chart on how many people were actually using Thorn compared to the rest of PvP. A Light In The Dark may have been a tedious quest, but make no mistake that SO MANY people had it (including myself). Hand cannons were ridiculous for much of Year 1 so it's no surprise the most guns encountered were the exotic Year 1 hand cannons, Thorn or The Last Word (Hawkmoon was PS4 exclusive and even that had ridiculous usage). Thorn especially in Iron Banner because it was easy to just take cover after two shots. Hand cannons had crazy power and range that Bungie nearly nerfed hand cannons out of existence when Year 2 hit and didn't even have a Year 2 version of Thorn.

TL;DR - Bungie :censored: up so bad with weapon balancing in Year 1.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#78 » by Rich Rane » Fri Aug 4, 2017 3:00 am

Greenie wrote:People lacked common sense with the Vanilla Destiny. How or why would you think you are going to get away with paying only $60 for a game the took $500 million to make? How Sway? You had to know those expansions were coming. You had to. $500 million? You had to know. $60 for 3 years ain't ****. They were getting that money back one way or another.

The expansions were announced before launch and the pass was for sale at the time vanilla Destiny launched. We knew, but excuse us for expecting more in story and not being sold cut content though.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#79 » by Greenie » Fri Aug 4, 2017 3:03 am

WajaBawl wrote:Played Destiny 1 and was incredibly indifferent about it. Just wasn't enough there to get me hooked.

Played the open beta for Destiny 2 on PS4 and to my surprise, I enjoyed it a lot. I'm the kind of guy who needs a narrative hook in a game in order to get invested. I'm a pretty big fan of Halo and if there's one thing Bungie knows how to do right, it's the gameplay and the way the shooting feels in their games. Destiny is no exception, feels great to play, just wasn't any semblance of a real story in the first one. From what I played in the beta it looks like they're actually constructing little story hooks this time in the sequel which might make me check out the full game. The raid in the beta was very entertaining with a nice bossfight in the end which was very satisfying to fight through with a couple of buddies.

There was no raid in the beta.. that was a strike.
Raids are that times 10.

Also, there was a story in Destiny. It wasn't "in game" but it was. You unlocked grimore cards in game that you could then go read on the app. People didn't like that. I personally loved it. I like reading though, so there's that. The book of Sorrows is amazing,
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#80 » by Rich Rane » Fri Aug 4, 2017 3:06 am

Greenie wrote:
WajaBawl wrote:Played Destiny 1 and was incredibly indifferent about it. Just wasn't enough there to get me hooked.

There was no raid in the beta.. that was a strike.
Raids are that times 10.

Also, there was a story in Destiny. It wasn't "in game" but it was. You unlocked grimore cards in game that you could then go read on the app. People didn't like that. I personally loved it. I like reading though, so there's that. The book of Sorrows is amazing,
[youtube]https://youtu.be/tDLB4AAyoCI?list=PLX3Vl0j5WdqhlRd7auTPbUWpo7Wn3gRFu[/youtube]

It was horrendous. Logging into Bungie to try and understand the story was such a bad design choice. I am completely amazed when anyone defends that. There's a reason why Grimoire is being removed for Destiny 2.

Return to New York Knicks