ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6): Need Input on BAF Voting for Winner..thoughts/suggestions?

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, Capn'O, GONYK, mrpoetryNmotion, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, King of Canada

User avatar
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
Posts: 8,702
And1: 3,483
Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: Tonight's The Night
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#2 » by swisscheeseD » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:26 am

SOUL wrote:Elfrid GOATon


As this competitions resident Magic fan...what are your thoughts on how Elfrid Payton would perform in this lineup? Does the roster I surrounded him with highlight his strengths and allow him excell in his role? How is he as a passer/playmaker? What do you think about his fit next to McCollum? Was backing him up with a guy like Patty Mills who can close out games a smart decision? Was I better off holding onto Marcus Smart instead of trading for Elf at the deadline?
Chicago Bulls

PG: Rajon Rondo / D.Collison / A.Harrison
SG: Eric Gordon / J.Crawford / L.Barbosa
SF: Kawhi Leonard / M.Dunleavy
PF: Harrison Barnes / G.Dieng / S.Ojeleye
C: Derrick Favors / R.Lopez / E.Udoh
User avatar
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 26,610
And1: 10,301
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
Location: Bar stool

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#3 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:29 am



I did like your team... Was one of my favourite teams in the west (besides my own of course). Would have been a fun series to watch with the unicorns battling it out
Mavs
C: Cody Zeller | Jordan Bell
F: Taj Gibson | Rondae Hollis-Jefferson | Solomon Hill
F: Giannis | Ariza | Zipser
SG: Beal | Meeks | Derrick White
PG: Jrue | Calderon| Arcidiacono

Goon:Barnes
Stash
Williams-Goss
Vezenkov
Khem Birch
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 26,897
And1: 4,763
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#4 » by br7knicks » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:30 am

:D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

10/4 PMs. 2/6, the day I lost. Was about to win an easy $50
User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 9,269
And1: 2,266
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#5 » by spree8 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:30 am

Hoffa I'm sorry, but you got what would be the absolute worst playoff duo in NBA history going against Bledsoe and one of the best playoff performers in NBA history in Kawhi. "Easy work" my a$$.
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image

Hawks: Teague. Green. Durant. Millsap. Tyson
User avatar
Smash3
General Manager
Posts: 8,917
And1: 5,038
Joined: Apr 17, 2009

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#6 » by Smash3 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:30 am

:D
Portland Jail Blazers
G: Russell Westbrook | Matthew Dellavedova
G: Jimmy Butler | Gerald Green
F: Jared Dudley | Thabo Sefolosha | O. Casspi
F: Amir Johnson | Ersan Ilyasova | Channing Frye
C: Dwight Howard | Jahlil Okafor | Deyonta Davis
User avatar
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 38,829
And1: 15,999
Joined: Dec 11, 2006
Location: Sweetwater
Contact:
   

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#7 » by SOUL » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:32 am

swisscheeseD wrote:
SOUL wrote:Elfrid GOATon


As this competitions resident Magic fan...what are your thoughts on how Elfrid Payton would perform in this lineup? Does the roster I surrounded him with highlight his strengths and allow him excell in his role? How is he as a passer/playmaker? What do you think about his fit next to McCollum? Was backing him up with a guy like Patty Mills who can close out games a smart decision? Was I better off holding onto Marcus Smart instead of trading for Elf at the deadline?


I feel like your assessment is pretty spot on. Dude performed like a top 16-17 PG and I think advanced stats have him around 15 near/above Rubio, Schroder, etc. so he is certainly starter material. Needs the right players around him, but I think McCollum is perfect next to him.. he's smart with the ball, makes good passes, gets into the paint easily and finishes. Defense is frustrating sometimes but potential is there. Just doesn't have that reliable shot.. BUT the difference between him and Smart and MCW and other PGs that can't shoot is that he knows his weakness and doesn't try to act like he has that shot.. but he's a solid point guard. I think Smart is perfect in his role in Boston and would serve well on teams built like the Celtics, not as a potential lead guard.
Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 20,952
And1: 13,508
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#8 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:32 am

Image
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Bryn Forbes
SG: Josh Jackson/Royce O'Neale/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Kyle Anderson/Glenn Robinson
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image
User avatar
Smash3
General Manager
Posts: 8,917
And1: 5,038
Joined: Apr 17, 2009

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#9 » by Smash3 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:34 am

spree8 wrote:Hoffa I'm sorry, but you got what would be the absolute worst playoff duo in NBA history going against Bledsoe and one of the best playoff performers in NBA history in Kawhi. "Easy work" my a$$.


Image
Portland Jail Blazers
G: Russell Westbrook | Matthew Dellavedova
G: Jimmy Butler | Gerald Green
F: Jared Dudley | Thabo Sefolosha | O. Casspi
F: Amir Johnson | Ersan Ilyasova | Channing Frye
C: Dwight Howard | Jahlil Okafor | Deyonta Davis
User avatar
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 26,610
And1: 10,301
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
Location: Bar stool

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#10 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:36 am

Page 1 needs youtube highlights, so might as well be Paul Zipser playoff highlights

Mavs
C: Cody Zeller | Jordan Bell
F: Taj Gibson | Rondae Hollis-Jefferson | Solomon Hill
F: Giannis | Ariza | Zipser
SG: Beal | Meeks | Derrick White
PG: Jrue | Calderon| Arcidiacono

Goon:Barnes
Stash
Williams-Goss
Vezenkov
Khem Birch
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 20,952
And1: 13,508
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#11 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:37 am

Payton was that playmaker rottencheeseD needed

your welcome
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Bryn Forbes
SG: Josh Jackson/Royce O'Neale/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Kyle Anderson/Glenn Robinson
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image
User avatar
Smash3
General Manager
Posts: 8,917
And1: 5,038
Joined: Apr 17, 2009

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#12 » by Smash3 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:38 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Page 1 needs youtube highlights, so might as well be Paul Zipser



First page is prime real estate, I got to get one last one in for my boy:



:lol: :lol:
Portland Jail Blazers
G: Russell Westbrook | Matthew Dellavedova
G: Jimmy Butler | Gerald Green
F: Jared Dudley | Thabo Sefolosha | O. Casspi
F: Amir Johnson | Ersan Ilyasova | Channing Frye
C: Dwight Howard | Jahlil Okafor | Deyonta Davis
User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 9,269
And1: 2,266
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#13 » by spree8 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:38 am

Smash3 wrote:
spree8 wrote:Hoffa I'm sorry, but you got what would be the absolute worst playoff duo in NBA history going against Bledsoe and one of the best playoff performers in NBA history in Kawhi. "Easy work" my a$$.


Image





Kawhi bout to drop 102 on Bogdonovich and Ellington.

Maybe I can ask DWest to slap the bytch out of LMA for Hoffa... the only chance he's got.
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image

Hawks: Teague. Green. Durant. Millsap. Tyson
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 26,897
And1: 4,763
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#14 » by br7knicks » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:38 am

spree8 wrote:Hoffa I'm sorry, but you got what would be the absolute worst playoff duo in NBA history going against Bledsoe and one of the best playoff performers in NBA history in Kawhi. "Easy work" my a$$.


Your team lost? I'm pretty sure I had you as one of the top teams in the west
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

10/4 PMs. 2/6, the day I lost. Was about to win an easy $50
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 20,952
And1: 13,508
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#15 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:40 am

Bledsoe and Kawhi is the best duo in the east.. maybe BAT as well

spree knows how to make nice teams. think u got robbed last BAT too
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Bryn Forbes
SG: Josh Jackson/Royce O'Neale/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Kyle Anderson/Glenn Robinson
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image
User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 9,269
And1: 2,266
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#16 » by spree8 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:41 am

br7knicks wrote:
spree8 wrote:Hoffa I'm sorry, but you got what would be the absolute worst playoff duo in NBA history going against Bledsoe and one of the best playoff performers in NBA history in Kawhi. "Easy work" my a$$.


Your team lost? I'm pretty sure I had you as one of the top teams in the west



Haha naa, I'm facing Hoffa this round... but he said I'm easy work n he's gunna sweep me.
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image

Hawks: Teague. Green. Durant. Millsap. Tyson
User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 9,269
And1: 2,266
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#17 » by spree8 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:42 am

3toheadmelo wrote:Bledsoe and Kawhi is the best duo in the east.. maybe BAT as well

spree knows how to make nice teams. think u got robbed last BAT too



:bowdown: thank you my good sir.
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image

Hawks: Teague. Green. Durant. Millsap. Tyson
User avatar
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
Posts: 8,702
And1: 3,483
Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: Tonight's The Night
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#18 » by swisscheeseD » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:43 am

SOUL wrote:
swisscheeseD wrote:
SOUL wrote:Elfrid GOATon


As this competitions resident Magic fan...what are your thoughts on how Elfrid Payton would perform in this lineup? Does the roster I surrounded him with highlight his strengths and allow him excell in his role? How is he as a passer/playmaker? What do you think about his fit next to McCollum? Was backing him up with a guy like Patty Mills who can close out games a smart decision? Was I better off holding onto Marcus Smart instead of trading for Elf at the deadline?


I feel like your assessment is pretty spot on. Dude performed like a top 16-17 PG and I think advanced stats have him around 15 near/above Rubio, Schroder, etc. so he is certainly starter material. Needs the right players around him, but I think McCollum is perfect next to him.. he's smart with the ball, makes good passes, gets into the paint easily and finishes. Defense is frustrating sometimes but potential is there. Just doesn't have that reliable shot.. BUT the difference between him and Smart and MCW and other PGs that can't shoot is that he knows his weakness and doesn't try to act like he has that shot.. but he's a solid point guard. I think Smart is perfect in his role in Boston and would serve well on teams built like the Celtics, not as a potential lead guard.


Top 15-16 PG, hell, I don't care if he's only considered bottom third in terms of Starting PG's...he is literally my 7th or 8th best/most important player on this roster and he's not being asked to do anything he cannot do.

I really liked his fit with CJ, and my roster was sorely lacking a consistent playmaker. He's also a plus rebounder at his position, adding to plus rebounders in Otto Porter, Favors and the beast that is Whiteside.

I think Smart impacts the game more with his intensity, strength and defensive ability...but Payton just elevates the offense to another level.

Thanks for your response!
Chicago Bulls

PG: Rajon Rondo / D.Collison / A.Harrison
SG: Eric Gordon / J.Crawford / L.Barbosa
SF: Kawhi Leonard / M.Dunleavy
PF: Harrison Barnes / G.Dieng / S.Ojeleye
C: Derrick Favors / R.Lopez / E.Udoh
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 26,897
And1: 4,763
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#19 » by br7knicks » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:43 am

spree8 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
spree8 wrote:Hoffa I'm sorry, but you got what would be the absolute worst playoff duo in NBA history going against Bledsoe and one of the best playoff performers in NBA history in Kawhi. "Easy work" my a$$.


Your team lost? I'm pretty sure I had you as one of the top teams in the west



Haha naa, I'm facing Hoffa this round... but he said I'm easy work n he's gunna sweep me.


Ah, I meant east. Yeah, this shouldn't go more than 5 games for you
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

10/4 PMs. 2/6, the day I lost. Was about to win an easy $50
User avatar
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
Posts: 8,077
And1: 2,716
Joined: Jan 10, 2002
Location: Upstate NY

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#20 » by bishnykfan » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:48 am

Congrats to all semifinalists.

Writeups for the next round are due Noon on Saturday.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins

Return to New York Knicks