ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6): Need Input on BAF Voting for Winner..thoughts/suggestions?

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, K-DOT, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, Jeff Van Gully, j4remi, Thorn, King of Canada, mpharris36, mrpoetryNmotion, Deeeez Knicks

User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,238
And1: 10,925
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Knicks @ 9 - Mikal, SGA, Knox
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#261 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:10 pm

Who is creating shots for others on the Knicks? Elfrid Payton and who else? And let's not act like Payton is CP3 as a playmaker. Team lacks shot creation.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Tyus Jones | Jawun Evans
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Dame Dotson
3 | Kyle Korver | Caris LeVert(6th)
4 | Trey Lyles | Davis Bertans | Jarell Martin
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,238
And1: 10,925
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Knicks @ 9 - Mikal, SGA, Knox
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#262 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:12 pm

The Knicks are built for 1986. When I go death lineup, how is that ball stagnant slow lineup going to matchup?
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Tyus Jones | Jawun Evans
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Dame Dotson
3 | Kyle Korver | Caris LeVert(6th)
4 | Trey Lyles | Davis Bertans | Jarell Martin
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner
User avatar
Jose7
RealGM
Posts: 31,435
And1: 3,054
Joined: Apr 02, 2007
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#263 » by Jose7 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Nah in just tight he mentioned Whiteside gasol favors like he talking Odom gasol Bynum lakers big men rotation...

Man..that way.
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,238
And1: 10,925
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Knicks @ 9 - Mikal, SGA, Knox
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#264 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Iguodala on CJ. How many playoff series have we seen Iggy be instrumental in getting a win? CJ is chump change compared to how he's handled LeBron.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Tyus Jones | Jawun Evans
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Dame Dotson
3 | Kyle Korver | Caris LeVert(6th)
4 | Trey Lyles | Davis Bertans | Jarell Martin
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner
User avatar
spree8
RealGM
Posts: 10,040
And1: 2,847
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#265 » by spree8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Jose7 wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Jose7 wrote:
Sounds like you owned one of those teams.



Yep


I won't take anything away from you as a GM you've made good-great teams consistently. But for a chip this BAT, McConnell Peterson and sefalosha can't fill big enough roles. They can't make shots consistently.



Thanks... no team is perfect. You're always going to have to sacrifice one piece regardless of the direction you choose. If you have a superstar, you'll lack great depth. If you have great depth, you'll lack a superstar, etc.

Bledsoe and Kawhi were good enough to win a championship imo... I had a solid cast surrounding them comprised of tough players on both sides of the ball, vets with playoff & championship experience, guys that complimented them well stylistically, and enough scoring to win games as my defense would keep the opposition's point total relatively low.

I'm still cool getting to the Final 4 again tho... can't win em all.
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,238
And1: 10,925
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Knicks @ 9 - Mikal, SGA, Knox
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#266 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:18 pm

I don't have a floor spacer?

Juancho shot 40% from 3.
Andre Iguodala shot 36% from 3
James Johnson shot 34% from 3

Not to mention James Johnson plays on the perimeter. Anyone that watches him play knows this. He's an attacking forward. He don't play in the post.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Tyus Jones | Jawun Evans
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Dame Dotson
3 | Kyle Korver | Caris LeVert(6th)
4 | Trey Lyles | Davis Bertans | Jarell Martin
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,238
And1: 10,925
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Knicks @ 9 - Mikal, SGA, Knox
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#267 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:18 pm

it ain't about the title, it's who you bodied to get it.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Tyus Jones | Jawun Evans
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Dame Dotson
3 | Kyle Korver | Caris LeVert(6th)
4 | Trey Lyles | Davis Bertans | Jarell Martin
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner
User avatar
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
Posts: 8,786
And1: 3,584
Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: Tonight's The Night
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#268 » by swisscheeseD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:27 pm

Mecca wrote:The Knicks are built for 1986. When I go death lineup, how is that ball stagnant slow lineup going to matchup?


The old 1986 lineup comeback...how cute. If you really believe this roster isn't flexible enough for today's game, that I don't realize JAmes Johnson is a perimeter player, that Joe Johnson isn't worthy of playing PF against your bigger post-options at the 4 in JJohnson/Juancho, or that I am going to guard Iguodala with CJ...I've already won.
Chicago Bulls

PG: M.Conley / M.Teodosic / A.Harrison
SG: B.Bogdanovic / A.Rivers / Manu Ginobili
SF: K.Leonard / L.Stephenson / D.McDermott
PF: T.Gibson / Kelly Olynyk / S.Ojeleye
C: D.Favors / J.Henson / Pau Gasol
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,238
And1: 10,925
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Knicks @ 9 - Mikal, SGA, Knox
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#269 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:28 pm

spree8 wrote:
Jose7 wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Yep


I won't take anything away from you as a GM you've made good-great teams consistently. But for a chip this BAT, McConnell Peterson and sefalosha can't fill big enough roles. They can't make shots consistently.



Thanks... no team is perfect. You're always going to have to sacrifice one piece regardless of the direction you choose. If you have a superstar, you'll lack great depth. If you have great depth, you'll lack a superstar, etc.

Bledsoe and Kawhi were good enough to win a championship imo... I had a solid cast surrounding them comprised of tough players on both sides of the ball, vets with playoff & championship experience, guys that complimented them well stylistically, and enough scoring to win games as my defense would keep the opposition's point total relatively low.

I'm still cool getting to the Final 4 again tho... can't win em all.



Tbh, I thought it was a coin flip between you and swiss. Would've preferred to go against you for rivalry purposes, but relieved that I'm not going against Kawhi. CJ McCollum and a pair of extinct Centers aren't putting the same fear into me.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Tyus Jones | Jawun Evans
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Dame Dotson
3 | Kyle Korver | Caris LeVert(6th)
4 | Trey Lyles | Davis Bertans | Jarell Martin
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,238
And1: 10,925
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Knicks @ 9 - Mikal, SGA, Knox
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#270 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:29 pm

swisscheeseD wrote:
Mecca wrote:The Knicks are built for 1986. When I go death lineup, how is that ball stagnant slow lineup going to matchup?


The old 1986 lineup comeback...how cute. If you really believe this roster isn't flexible enough for today's game, that I don't realize JAmes Johnson is a perimeter player, that Joe Johnson isn't worthy of playing PF against your bigger post-options at the 4 in JJohnson/Juancho, or that I am going to guard Iguodala with CJ...I've already won.



When was the last time a team with 0 NBA All-Stars in the past 4 years won a championship?

Your dinosaur like pair of starting Centers and CJ McCollum got me shook. :o
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Tyus Jones | Jawun Evans
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Dame Dotson
3 | Kyle Korver | Caris LeVert(6th)
4 | Trey Lyles | Davis Bertans | Jarell Martin
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,238
And1: 10,925
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Knicks @ 9 - Mikal, SGA, Knox
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#271 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Devin Booker in an offense with 3 playmakers in the starting lineup to set him up? Averaging 25 a game in the finals. Eyes closed.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Tyus Jones | Jawun Evans
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Dame Dotson
3 | Kyle Korver | Caris LeVert(6th)
4 | Trey Lyles | Davis Bertans | Jarell Martin
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner
User avatar
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
Posts: 8,786
And1: 3,584
Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: Tonight's The Night
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#272 » by swisscheeseD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:36 pm

You have Dwight Howard as your Center...how you have the cojones to call MINE extinct dinosaurs?

:lol:
Chicago Bulls

PG: M.Conley / M.Teodosic / A.Harrison
SG: B.Bogdanovic / A.Rivers / Manu Ginobili
SF: K.Leonard / L.Stephenson / D.McDermott
PF: T.Gibson / Kelly Olynyk / S.Ojeleye
C: D.Favors / J.Henson / Pau Gasol
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,238
And1: 10,925
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Knicks @ 9 - Mikal, SGA, Knox
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#273 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:37 pm

swisscheeseD wrote:You have Dwight Howard as your Center...how you have the cojones to call MINE extinct dinosaurs?

:lol:



His role on my team is quite small. Death lineup of James Johnson at the 5 creating 10-2 runs quick.

Plus my team is back court based. Your strength is at the 5.


The depth tactic won't work in a Finals. Stars play heavy minutes in the finals. No one care about your 11th man right now fam.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Tyus Jones | Jawun Evans
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Dame Dotson
3 | Kyle Korver | Caris LeVert(6th)
4 | Trey Lyles | Davis Bertans | Jarell Martin
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner
User avatar
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
Posts: 8,786
And1: 3,584
Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: Tonight's The Night
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#274 » by swisscheeseD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Mecca wrote:
swisscheeseD wrote:You have Dwight Howard as your Center...how you have the cojones to call MINE extinct dinosaurs?

:lol:



His role on my team is quite small. Death lineup of James Johnson at the 5 creating 10-2 runs quick.

Plus my team is back court based. Your strength is at the 5.


The depth tactic won't work in a Finals. Stars play heavy minutes in the finals. No one care about your 11th man right now fam.


Who's talking about an 11th man, fam?

Your "death" lineup is perfectly named for itself, it's gunna get you killed.
Chicago Bulls

PG: M.Conley / M.Teodosic / A.Harrison
SG: B.Bogdanovic / A.Rivers / Manu Ginobili
SF: K.Leonard / L.Stephenson / D.McDermott
PF: T.Gibson / Kelly Olynyk / S.Ojeleye
C: D.Favors / J.Henson / Pau Gasol
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,238
And1: 10,925
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Knicks @ 9 - Mikal, SGA, Knox
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#275 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:44 pm

swisscheeseD wrote:
Mecca wrote:
swisscheeseD wrote:You have Dwight Howard as your Center...how you have the cojones to call MINE extinct dinosaurs?

:lol:



His role on my team is quite small. Death lineup of James Johnson at the 5 creating 10-2 runs quick.

Plus my team is back court based. Your strength is at the 5.


The depth tactic won't work in a Finals. Stars play heavy minutes in the finals. No one care about your 11th man right now fam.


Who's talking about an 11th man, fam?

Your "death" lineup is perfectly named for itself, it's gunna get you killed.



We've seen the importance of pace of play and transition offense in the NBA today.

Booker could very well be better then CJ next year & I'n not asking him to be Kobe like you are.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Tyus Jones | Jawun Evans
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Dame Dotson
3 | Kyle Korver | Caris LeVert(6th)
4 | Trey Lyles | Davis Bertans | Jarell Martin
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner
User avatar
spree8
RealGM
Posts: 10,040
And1: 2,847
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#276 » by spree8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Mecca wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Jose7 wrote:
I won't take anything away from you as a GM you've made good-great teams consistently. But for a chip this BAT, McConnell Peterson and sefalosha can't fill big enough roles. They can't make shots consistently.



Thanks... no team is perfect. You're always going to have to sacrifice one piece regardless of the direction you choose. If you have a superstar, you'll lack great depth. If you have great depth, you'll lack a superstar, etc.

Bledsoe and Kawhi were good enough to win a championship imo... I had a solid cast surrounding them comprised of tough players on both sides of the ball, vets with playoff & championship experience, guys that complimented them well stylistically, and enough scoring to win games as my defense would keep the opposition's point total relatively low.

I'm still cool getting to the Final 4 again tho... can't win em all.



Tbh, I thought it was a coin flip between you and swiss. Would've preferred to go against you for rivalry purposes, but relieved that I'm not going against Kawhi. CJ McCollum and a pair of extinct Centers aren't putting the same fear into me.



You had us that close?? Thought you said you weren't a believer in his squad cuz he doesn't have a star. But yea, I thought me n you would've been a nice battle 4sure tho. Maybe next time...
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,238
And1: 10,925
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Knicks @ 9 - Mikal, SGA, Knox
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#277 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:02 pm

spree8 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Thanks... no team is perfect. You're always going to have to sacrifice one piece regardless of the direction you choose. If you have a superstar, you'll lack great depth. If you have great depth, you'll lack a superstar, etc.

Bledsoe and Kawhi were good enough to win a championship imo... I had a solid cast surrounding them comprised of tough players on both sides of the ball, vets with playoff & championship experience, guys that complimented them well stylistically, and enough scoring to win games as my defense would keep the opposition's point total relatively low.

I'm still cool getting to the Final 4 again tho... can't win em all.



Tbh, I thought it was a coin flip between you and swiss. Would've preferred to go against you for rivalry purposes, but relieved that I'm not going against Kawhi. CJ McCollum and a pair of extinct Centers aren't putting the same fear into me.



You had us that close?? Thought you said you weren't a believer in his squad cuz he doesn't have a star. But yea, I thought me n you would've been a nice battle 4sure tho. Maybe next time...


I mean I had you winning, but it would've been in like 6 games.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Tyus Jones | Jawun Evans
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Dame Dotson
3 | Kyle Korver | Caris LeVert(6th)
4 | Trey Lyles | Davis Bertans | Jarell Martin
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner
User avatar
Smash3
General Manager
Posts: 9,631
And1: 5,635
Joined: Apr 17, 2009

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#278 » by Smash3 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:12 pm

Mecca wrote:it ain't about the title, it's who you bodied to get it.


This right here :lol:
Portland Jail Blazers
G: Russell Westbrook | DJ Augustin | Bryn Forbes
G: Jimmy Butler | Evan Turner
F: Joe Ingles | Shabazz Muhammad
F: Kyle Anderson | Jerami Grant
C: Dwight Howard | Ed Davis
User avatar
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
Posts: 8,786
And1: 3,584
Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: Tonight's The Night
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#279 » by swisscheeseD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Smash3 wrote:
Mecca wrote:it ain't about the title, it's who you bodied to get it.


This right here :lol:


He beat...
-3tothadome's chitty Spurs
-Mags' early lotto Lakers
-Deeez' 5-man rotation Pelicans

I beat...
-Justaknickfan's all-around Miami Heat
-LeBron's mpharris team
-spree's Bledsoe/Kawhi duo

Dwight has never faced a physical match in Whiteside...played against Vucevic, Jokic and KP.

And the best player Mecca has faced was Me7o.

I'm taking the title...AND the bodies.
Chicago Bulls

PG: M.Conley / M.Teodosic / A.Harrison
SG: B.Bogdanovic / A.Rivers / Manu Ginobili
SF: K.Leonard / L.Stephenson / D.McDermott
PF: T.Gibson / Kelly Olynyk / S.Ojeleye
C: D.Favors / J.Henson / Pau Gasol
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 25,956
And1: 17,855
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#280 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:51 pm

i know this man ain't call my team the schitty spurs

bruh ur team only got one scorer. mecca just end him already plz
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton

Return to New York Knicks