ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6): Need Input on BAF Voting for Winner..thoughts/suggestions?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,806

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6): Need Input on BAF Voting for Winner..thoughts/suggestions? 

Post#481 » by spree8 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:09 am

br7knicks wrote:
spree8 wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:

I don't see how we can incorporate coaches into build a franchise. In essence, you are the coach. I just don't see how we can effect how the games are played by picking a coach?

I think that SIMMING and keeping your team from year to year is the best way to go about this. Just need to hear from br7 before I post more. If I don't hear from him tonight, I will post the signup and a portion of the rules regarding the initial draft before I go to sleep tonight and we'll work out the rest in the next day or two.

Didn't know we were 100% doing just the SIM for judging... if so, then yea coaches are out.

they have the coaches in the SIM i use

4real??? We have to use them then.
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,602

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6): Need Input on BAF Voting for Winner..thoughts/suggestions? 

Post#482 » by bishnykfan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:10 am

spree8 wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:

spree8 wrote:

I like these ..plus the coaches.

I don't see how we can incorporate coaches into build a franchise. In essence, you are the coach. I just don't see how we can effect how the games are played by picking a coach?

I think that SIMMING and keeping your team from year to year is the best way to go about this. Just need to hear from br7 before I post more. If I don't hear from him tonight, I will post the signup and a portion of the rules regarding the initial draft before I go to sleep tonight and we'll work out the rest in the next day or two.

Didn't know we were 100% doing just the SIM for judging... if so, then yea coaches are out.

I would love to find a sim that is worthy and eliminate the subjective judging. Br7's sim maybe the way to go. Either way, I think judging has run its course after this past BaT.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
bishnykfan

Post#483 » by bishnykfan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:12 am

br7knicks wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
the company comes out with their updated rosters with rookies in the beginning of the season. they like to see a few games during the season before they implement ratings for rookies.

How much work would it require GMs to do as far as setting lineups, minute allocations, dealing with injuries, etc during the season? And what would happen to the results if one or more teams did not keep their lineups up to date?

it's not that much work. i just need to know how often i need to give updates. i can also turn injuries off, which last time they weren't, pissed a couple of people off.

if a few teams didn't keep their team up to date, it defaults to what they think the team would want.

What's the name of the sim that you use? I'm going to look into picking it up.
All-Time Draft

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#484 » by br7knicks » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:12 am

spree8 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
spree8 wrote:

they have the coaches in the SIM i use

4real??? We have to use them then.

whatever you guys need
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#485 » by br7knicks » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:14 am

bishnykfan wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:

How much work would it require GMs to do as far as setting lineups, minute allocations, dealing with injuries, etc during the season? And what would happen to the results if one or more teams did not keep their lineups up to date?

it's not that much work. i just need to know how often i need to give updates. i can also turn injuries off, which last time they weren't, pissed a couple of people off.

if a few teams didn't keep their team up to date, it defaults to what they think the team would want.

What's the name of the sim that you use? I'm going to look into picking it up.

PM
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#486 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:19 am

Looking forward to reading comments about how the results stemming from the sim are wrong, biased, etc. Since I'm not judging, I'm also looking forward to ripping some of y'all new ones. As always, I'm down to help those who PM me (with one exception) with a question or thoughts on players, moves, etc.

I also think this build a franchise is a great idea. Should be fun to follow throughout the season, see trades, stocks go up and down, etc.
bishnykfan

Post#487 » by bishnykfan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:30 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:Looking forward to reading comments about how the results stemming from the sim are wrong, biased, etc. Since I'm not judging, I'm also looking forward to ripping some of y'all new ones. As always, I'm down to help those who PM me (with one exception) with a question or thoughts on players, moves, etc.

I also think this build a franchise is a great idea. Should be fun to follow throughout the season, see trades, stocks go up and down, etc.

No interest in running your own team again?

And thank you for all the BaT's you judged! It was always appreciated by me at least! :D
All-Time Draft

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#488 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:32 am

bishnykfan wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Looking forward to reading comments about how the results stemming from the sim are wrong, biased, etc. Since I'm not judging, I'm also looking forward to ripping some of y'all new ones. As always, I'm down to help those who PM me (with one exception) with a question or thoughts on players, moves, etc.

And thank you for all the BaT's you judged! It was always appreciated by me at least! :D

Nah, I appreciate the offer, but it's too time-consuming. Not even doing fantasy football this year, although part of that reason is because it pissed me off being the highest point getter going into the playoffs and not winning a penny. :-? Been posting less and reading more over the last few weeks anyway, and I would only want the most active posters taking part in this. I don't think I'd be able to commit to that, unfortunately. :(
bishnykfan

Post#489 » by bishnykfan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:40 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:

Nah, I appreciate the offer, but it's too time-consuming. Not even doing fantasy football this year, although part of that reason is because it pissed me off being the highest point getter going into the playoffs and not winning a penny. :-? Been posting less and reading more over the last few weeks anyway, and I would only want the most active posters taking part in this. I don't think I'd be able to commit to that, unfortunately. :(

Ah...to bad...well, I'm sure someone will have room for you as a special advisor to the General Manager, Jerry West type role if we can pull this off!
All-Time Draft

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,672

Post#490 » by mpharris36 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:48 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:

your always welcome to be my jerry west role :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#491 » by magnumt » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:55 pm

Signup Thread?

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
bishnykfan

Post#492 » by bishnykfan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:02 am

magnumt wrote:Signup Thread?

--Mags :beer:

Still trying to finalize a few things but I guess now is a good time to put up a signup thread at the least.
All-Time Draft

El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#493 » by El Poochio » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:41 pm

Boston trying to cheat their way to build around Tatum Jaylen cuz they know its too OP imo

Disgusting Celticheat Wankers

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell

Return to New York Knicks