ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6): Need Input on BAF Voting for Winner..thoughts/suggestions?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,778

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#21 » by spree8 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:48 am

br7knicks wrote:
spree8 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Your team lost? I'm pretty sure I had you as one of the top teams in the west

Haha naa, I'm facing Hoffa this round... but he said I'm easy work n he's gunna sweep me.

Ah, I meant east. Yeah, this shouldn't go more than 5 games for you

Thanks brotha... I concur :nod:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#22 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:50 am

I see the hating on the judges has already begun. I'm out for a bit after I give a brief overview of my results because, honestly, don't need to hear it. :-? Not every team can win and it's hard projecting. Y'all can bring up how so and so team did last go round, but that was before the season...some players improved, others regressed, etc.

The west had one easy matchup that I thought wasn't going a game over 5, one matchup that I had going 5 but with the potential to go 6, and then the other two I had going 7. Aside from the first two, the last two were difficult.

The east had one sweep, one series in 5 or 6, one series in 7, and one series in 6 or 7. Before Hoffa comes in here saying his team was either the first or second option, nah, it wasn't. This is what happens when you have a garbage bench and a starting lineup with 1 elite defender, 1 good one, 2 bad ones, and one below average one (at PF, not C - LMA is a better defender at C than PF now because he's lost more than a step). Also, the one in 7 I wrote this with the result - "probably down to either over time or the last minute (maybe less) of the game."
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#23 » by swisscheeseD » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:53 am

Spree, how'd you pull off a Bye Week in Round 2 and I get stuck trying to convince judges why nobody wants to play with LeBron and how LeBron quit on the Bulls after finding out that Malik Monk was banging his mom?
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#24 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:54 am

Bledsoe not even gonna make it to the second round..dude is the definition of injury prone
2012- 40 games
2014- 43 games
2016- 31 games
2017-66 games

No chance he is playing this far into the season, and if he is effectiveness is gonna be garbage hasn't played in the playoffs since 2013 either..an 82 game season plus a couple playoff rounds NO CHANCE IN HELL

sent using the big baller brand phone
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#25 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:55 am

I guess I'm going to have to come up with some funky line up combinations

Jordan goatford to the rescue

And come on in Delon Wright your number has been called

And no I will not be posting my lineup in this thread it will be for the judges eyes only.

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
spree8
RealGM

Post#26 » by spree8 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:58 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:Bledsoe not even gonna make it to the second round..dude is the definition of injury prone
2012- 40 games
2014- 43 games
2016- 31 games
2017-66 games

No chance he is playing this far into the season, and if he is effectiveness is gonna be garbage hasn't played in the playoffs since 2013 either..an 82 game season plus a couple playoff rounds NO CHANCE IN HELL

Not how it works Hoffa.. you can't use that in the playoffs. Regular season sure, but assuming an injury now? Cmon son. Can't blame ya tho... gotta try to reach... it's your only defense besides Gobert.
ChicagoSportsFan21
Head Coach
And1: 1,661

Post#27 » by ChicagoSportsFan21 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:59 am

Congrats Deeeez Knicks on winning the series, BUT I'm going to have to defend my team even in a losing effort. I know you're a stand up dude so don't take this the wrong way..no hard feelings. I kind of had a feeling I was in trouble when I was facing you with everyone loving your team in the threads, but I had little hope.

I definitely think I should have won the series. I do understand that he has the better starting five than me (very slightly--my BIG 3 of Greek Freak/Gallo/Gortat isn't too far behind his big 3 of Hayward/KP/Holiday if at all imo), but I don't think it compensates a series win for the significant bench advantage that I have. Jones-Hart-Zipser-Harrell-Noguiera is not going to cut it especially against Joseph-Moore-CJ Miles-Amir Johnson-Nene. I think Smash mentioned 60 minutes or something with bums on the floor..thats a ridiculous amount if you look at it from that perspective..plus not to mention the injuries or foul trouble his starters could have. My team has quality players from top to bottom who can contribute while his bench is definitely young/inexperience.

Also, I have some guy name Greek Freak who is a superstar in my eyes-stats has improved every year significantly and he's just going to be a beast next season. He's definitely the best player on the court (not to mention in the whole conference too) and he's going to give Hayward fit on the defensive end, his number one scorer. I feel like he gets underrated on here--not sure if he's too young or what--yeah he's not the best shooter, but that's probably his only negative and that's why surrounded him with ton of shooters.. Also he has NOBODY that can guard Greek Freak on the team..he can double him i guess, but like I said I have shooters who will make you pay. I don't know if it was KP homerism or what, he definitely does have a favorable match-up in this one against Gortat, but I don't think it will be enough especially when he hasn't experienced the playoffs yet before. I'm really curious to see why I lost. I feel like some are just looking at the book without opening the pages..don't judge a book by it's cover if you know what I mean.

Some questionable decisions from the judges too just overall generally speaking..it's ironic too that MP had me higher in the rankings than Pelicans yet he picks Pelicans to win..I just found that very odd. Yes he had me in the playoffs and Pelicans out of the playoffs, but he picked him to move on...you read that right. Granted we were close by in his rankings, but still..sometimes I wonder if judges in general are just doing the rankings for **** and giggles and just trying to stir the pot...cuz some of the teams who made the playoffs and who didn't were questionable as well. Yeah I understand it's tough judging and I am glad that you guys take your time for doing it, but I feel like there needs to be a change for future BATS..like I said before there needs to be more judges for more consensus as well as participants voting and a sim to balance everything out..it looks like there is too much power for a 3 panel judge especially how much time people put into this. I'm not taking a shot at judges, but there definitely needs to be a change in this if I plan on participating in future BATs speaking for myself.

It just sucks cuz I could have totally gone the easy route and form superstars BIG 3 with a **** bench like last time and moved on to Round 2 but thought I would make a TEAM this time around with superstars, role-players, depth and it would pay off...apparently it wasn't enough and I didn't get as far as I hoped. I definitely thought this was my best BAT and I had my basis covered and no glaring weakness imo. In the end though, it is what it is.

oh, and congrats Lebron on another BAT win..sigh.

Just my 2 cents. End of rant. CSF21 out.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#28 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:00 am

im still salty Deez stole Bledsoe from me last BAT

literally one spot away from drafting him
I was about to have the KD+ Bledsoe duo... smh

had to opt for a jeff teague and kd duo instead lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#29 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:03 am

3toheadmelo wrote:im still salty Deez stole Bledsoe from me last BAT

Worked out better for u at least Teague can make it on the court, bledsoe splits his time at the IR and the court

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#30 » by Mecca » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:04 am

I just realized I have the best player left in the Western Conference. Yeah, we lit.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#31 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:05 am

When are write ups due and is there a word limit.. and if there is can I post links to the 67 injuries Bledsoe has suffered in the past 4 years?

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#32 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:05 am

I also don't even think that Bledsoe injury at the end of this season was real
That schit looked like an excuse to tank. No doubt. I was shaking my head when i saw that news
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#33 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:07 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:im still salty Deez stole Bledsoe from me last BAT

Worked out better for u at least Teague can make it on the court, bledsoe splits his time at the IR and the court

I don't think anyone in this world would pick Teague over bledsoe..... u smokin crack
spree8
RealGM

Post#34 » by spree8 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:10 am

3toheadmelo wrote:I also don't even think that Bledsoe injury at the end of this season was real
That schit looked like an excuse to tank. No doubt. I was shaking my head when i saw that news

Yep, it was obvious... pretty sure he was even tweeting about it.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#35 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:13 am

Bledsoe never once been on an olympic team, all nba team, let alone an all star team...dude is always hurt

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#36 » by Smash3 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:14 am

ChicagoSportsFan21 wrote:Congrats Deeeez Knicks on winning the series, BUT I'm going to have to defend my team even in a losing effort. I know you're a stand up dude so don't take this the wrong way..no hard feelings. I kind of had a feeling I was in trouble when I was facing you with everyone loving your team in the threads, but I had little hope.

I definitely think I should have won the series. I do understand that he has the better starting five than me (very slightly--my BIG 3 of Greek Freak/Gallo/Gortat isn't too far behind his big 3 of Hayward/KP/Holiday if at all imo), but I don't think it compensates a series win for the significant bench I have. Jones-Hart-Zipser-Harrell-Noguiera is not going to cut it especially against Joseph-Moore-CJ Miles-Amir Johnson-Nene. I think Smash mentioned 60 minutes or something with bums on the floor..thats a ridiculous amount if you look at it from that perspective..plus not to mention the injuries or foul trouble his starters could have. My team has quality players from top to bottom who can contribute while his bench is definitely young/inexperience.

Also, I have some guy name Greek Freak who is a superstar in my eyes-stats has improved every year significantly and he's just going to be a beast next season. He's definitely the best player on the court (not to mention in the whole conference too) and he's going to give Hayward fit on the defensive end, his number one scorer. I feel like he gets underrated on here--not sure if he's too young or what--yeah he's not the best shooter, but that's probably his only negative and that's why surrounded him with ton of shooters.. Also he has NOBODY that can guard Greek Freak on the team..he can double him i guess, but like I said I have shooters who will make you pay. I don't know if it was KP homerism or what, he definitely does have a favorable match-up in this one against Gortat, but I don't think it will be enough especially when he hasn't experienced the playoffs yet before. I'm really curious to see why I lost. I feel like some are just looking at the book without opening the pages..don't judge a book by it's cover if you know what I mean.

Some questionable decisions from the judges too just overall generally speaking..it's ironic too that MP had me higher in the rankings than Pelicans yet he picks Pelicans to win..I just found that very odd. Yes he had me in the playoffs and Pelicans out of the playoffs, but he picked him to move on...you read that right. Granted we were close by in his rankings, but still..sometimes I wonder if judges in general are just doing the rankings for **** and giggles and just trying to stir the pot...cuz some of the teams who made the playoffs and who didn't were questionable as well. Yeah I understand it's tough judging and I am glad that you guys take your time for doing it, but I feel like there needs to be a change for future BATS..like I said before there needs to be more judges for more consensus as well as participants voting and a sim to balance everything out..it looks like there is too much power for a 3 panel judge especially how much time people put into this. I'm not taking a shot at judges, but there definitely needs to be a change in this if I plan on participating in future BATs speaking for myself.

It just sucks cuz I could have totally gone the easy route and form superstars BIG 3 with a **** bench like last time and moved on to Round 2 but thought I would make a TEAM this time around with superstars, role-players, depth and it would pay off...apparently it wasn't enough and I didn't get as far as I hoped. I definitely thought this was my best BAT and I had my basis covered and no glaring weakness imo. In the end though, it is what it is.

oh, and congrats Lebron on another BAT win..sigh.

Just my 2 cents. End of rant. CSF21 out.

This
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#37 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:15 am

And look at that God awful assist to turnover ratio for bledsoe.

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#38 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:18 am

Lowry>>>cripple
Lavine>>>>Sefolosha
Leonard I'll give u that
Aldridge>>>>patterson
Gobert>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lopez

Pacers bench>76ers bench

Willie Reed will be playing the Zaza role defending Leonard on the 3 point line...

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#39 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:19 am

spree8 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I also don't even think that Bledsoe injury at the end of this season was real

Yep, it was obvious... pretty sure he was even tweeting about it.

Yeah I remember
This was the tweet lol
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sbnation.com%2Fnba%2F2017%2F3%2F16%2F14946368%2Fsuns-shut-down-eric-bledsoe-tank

I mean they even pretty much admitted it was for the tank too, their reason was "management decision" :lol:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#40 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:25 am

:lol: Hoffa is already putting up defenses. This will be good.

Anyways, I'm 100% on board having a three/tiered system involving impartial judges, the GMs (voting on teams besides their own), and a sim. The issue is, some GMs won't do rankings and other ones are simply biased as hell. If every GM participates, or we find a way to mitigate damage done when GMs won't rank (/when they have biased rankings), then it's another awesome tool at Bish's disposal.

Return to New York Knicks