ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6): Need Input on BAF Voting for Winner..thoughts/suggestions?

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, FrontOfficeEye, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Thorn, mrpoetryNmotion, King of Canada

User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 9,662
And1: 2,520
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#241 » by spree8 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:00 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
spree8 wrote:If you beat them on top of Kawhi/Bledsoe & Lebron, you have to know that's bullshyt right? Lol like 4real.


Curious, where would your rate Bledsoe in terms of PG's? Top five? Top Ten? Middle of the pack...



Guy scores 21 ppg... he's a legit #2 option. Top 10

Steph
Westbrook
Wall
Cp3
Kyrie
Lillard
IT
Kemba
Conley
Bledsoe
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image
bringbackhoffa
Head Coach
Posts: 6,585
And1: 1,365
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: RE: Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#242 » by bringbackhoffa » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:55 am

swisscheeseD wrote:I beat a complete Heat squad, knocked LeBron out in Round 2 and took out Kawhi in the ECF...the hardest road to the Finals in a stacked East. But I don't have a chance against the superstar that is CP3?


Too bad for judges not giving a good explanation for my elimination...

sent using the big baller brand phone
Ferrell, Curry
Roberson,
Wiggins, Oubre, Prince
Parker, Siakam
Dirk

Free Agent returning: Poeltl
Free Agents Not Returning: Carter, Johnson
Will likely get his walking papers: Mozgov
Most likely to be traded for early second rounders: Grant, Noguiera
bringbackhoffa
Head Coach
Posts: 6,585
And1: 1,365
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: RE: Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#243 » by bringbackhoffa » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:57 am

Mecca wrote:Greenie hates seeing my BAT's squads succeed lol

What do u mean my...u need a co-gm...

sent using the big baller brand phone
Ferrell, Curry
Roberson,
Wiggins, Oubre, Prince
Parker, Siakam
Dirk

Free Agent returning: Poeltl
Free Agents Not Returning: Carter, Johnson
Will likely get his walking papers: Mozgov
Most likely to be traded for early second rounders: Grant, Noguiera
User avatar
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 27,009
And1: 10,879
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
Location: Bar stool

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#244 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Mecca wrote:Good series Deeez!


Finals boy. Let's get this ring!!!!!

Don't come to LA.


Congrats to you and Jose. Rep the West in the finals.

Thanks and appreciation to the judges for taking the time. Stern, stern but fair
Mavs
C: Jordan Bell | Cody Zeller
F: Giannis | Taj | Solomon Hill
F: Ariza | RHJ| Zipser
SG: Beal | Meeks | Derrick White
PG: Jrue | Calderon| JTerry

Matt Barnes
Stash
Williams-Goss
Vezenkov
Khem Birch
User avatar
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 36,340
And1: 4,089
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Location: The game ain't in me no more. None of it.

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#245 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:59 pm

spree8 wrote:Guy scores 21 ppg... he's a legit #2 option. Top 10

Steph
Westbrook
Wall
Cp3
Kyrie
Lillard
IT
Kemba
Conley
Bledsoe


I'd also put Lowry and Dragic ahead of him. I put in with Hill, Holiday and Teague. He's in that 12-16 range pending on what your looking for in your PG. He's a good player no doubt, just in this day and age he's in the average to slightly above average class for me. That's always been my problem when people say they have an elite PG, the league is littered with talented PG's despite the Knicks inability to ever land one.
Utah Jazz
Jokic x Plumlee
Gordon x Sabonis x Ellenson
Fournier x Luwawu-Cabarrot
Russell x Abrines
Conley x Valentine
Image
User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 9,662
And1: 2,520
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#246 » by spree8 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
spree8 wrote:Guy scores 21 ppg... he's a legit #2 option. Top 10

Steph
Westbrook
Wall
Cp3
Kyrie
Lillard
IT
Kemba
Conley
Bledsoe


I'd also put Lowry and Dragic ahead of him. I put in with Hill, Holiday and Teague. He's in that 12-16 range pending on what your looking for in your PG. He's a good player no doubt, just in this day and age he's in the average to slightly above average class for me. That's always been my problem when people say they have an elite PG, the league is littered with talented PG's despite the Knicks inability to ever land one.



I definitely wouldn't put Dragic ahead of him (defense). And Lowry... na, I grew up watching 90's Knicks basketball... that tubby fuq is a mental midget... I don't respect that. I'd take Bledsoe over him in the playoffs. Dude is a bull.

Also, look at Kyrie before and after Lebron came in... his game elevated and they won a title. I think in a similar situation with Kawhi, Bledsoe would have that same opportunity as the scoring guard he is. Teague and Jrue are not as good and are not real #2 options... they played with PG & AD and didn't really do squat.
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 44,621
And1: 9,680
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: RE: Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#247 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:11 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
swisscheeseD wrote:I beat a complete Heat squad, knocked LeBron out in Round 2 and took out Kawhi in the ECF...the hardest road to the Finals in a stacked East. But I don't have a chance against the superstar that is CP3?


Too bad for judges not giving a good explanation for my elimination...

sent using the big baller brand phone


...you were a pain in their ass?! :dontknow:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards
Damian Lillard / Austin Rivers / Ish Smith
Zach LaVine / Reggie Bullock / Malcolm Delaney
Gordon Hayward / Doug McDermott / Anthony Morrow
Kelly Olynyk / Greg Monroe / Luke Kornet
Alex Len / Al Jefferson / Boban Marjanovich
bringbackhoffa
Head Coach
Posts: 6,585
And1: 1,365
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#248 » by bringbackhoffa » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:01 am

magnumt wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
swisscheeseD wrote:I beat a complete Heat squad, knocked LeBron out in Round 2 and took out Kawhi in the ECF...the hardest road to the Finals in a stacked East. But I don't have a chance against the superstar that is CP3?


Too bad for judges not giving a good explanation for my elimination...

sent using the big baller brand phone


...you were a pain in their ass?! :dontknow:

--Mags

I don't mind losing the matchup it's just their explanation for losing was not a good one

sent using the big baller brand phone
Ferrell, Curry
Roberson,
Wiggins, Oubre, Prince
Parker, Siakam
Dirk

Free Agent returning: Poeltl
Free Agents Not Returning: Carter, Johnson
Will likely get his walking papers: Mozgov
Most likely to be traded for early second rounders: Grant, Noguiera
User avatar
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
Posts: 8,728
And1: 3,522
Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: Tonight's The Night
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#249 » by swisscheeseD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Mecca wrote:...


Hey Mecca...just letting you know I submitted my writeup to bishnykfan right now, I was working and then went out after last night...never saw they were due.

We've been having "noon" deadlines this entire time and I thought the deadline would be today at noon.

If you don't want Bish sending my writeups to the judges, that's cool, since I missed the deadline...it's on you.
Chicago Bulls

PG: Rajon Rondo / D.Collison / A.Harrison
SG: Eric Gordon / J.Crawford / L.Barbosa
SF: Kawhi Leonard / M.Dunleavy
PF: Harrison Barnes / D.Favors / S.Ojeleye
C: Robin Lopez / G.Dieng / E.Udoh
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 28,286
And1: 10,028
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Trey & Frank 2K18
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#250 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:26 pm

swisscheeseD wrote:
Mecca wrote:...


Hey Mecca...just letting you know I submitted my writeup to bishnykfan right now, I was working and then went out after last night...never saw they were due.

We've been having "noon" deadlines this entire time and I thought the deadline would be today at noon.

If you don't want Bish sending my writeups to the judges, that's cool, since I missed the deadline...it's on you.



I wanna win fair & square. you straight. Your pimp is cool with me.

Who you know fresh in the west? Riddle me that. I gameplanned you perfectly my man.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi Richardson
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Troy Williams | DFS
5 | JaVale McGee | Kevon Looney
User avatar
Jose7
RealGM
Posts: 31,167
And1: 2,739
Joined: Apr 02, 2007
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#251 » by Jose7 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:32 pm

Besides kwahi no one on that team is making an OPEN shot. That's why they were eliminated.

Lebrons second best player was joe ingles and Avery Bradley... WCS is manning what successful NBA front court? Yeah that's why he was eliminated.

So yeah, that way.

By far the Lakers are more complete and better constructed especially defensively than any team he's faced.
User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 9,662
And1: 2,520
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#252 » by spree8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Jose7 wrote:Besides kwahi no one on that team is making an OPEN shot. That's why they were eliminated.

Lebrons second best player was joe ingles and Avery Bradley... WCS is manning what successful NBA front court? Yeah that's why he was eliminated.

So yeah, that way.

By far the Lakers are more complete and better constructed especially defensively than any team he's faced.



That's some of the dumbest analysis I've ever read.
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image
User avatar
Jose7
RealGM
Posts: 31,167
And1: 2,739
Joined: Apr 02, 2007
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#253 » by Jose7 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:54 pm

spree8 wrote:
Jose7 wrote:Besides kwahi no one on that team is making an OPEN shot. That's why they were eliminated.

Lebrons second best player was joe ingles and Avery Bradley... WCS is manning what successful NBA front court? Yeah that's why he was eliminated.

So yeah, that way.

By far the Lakers are more complete and better constructed especially defensively than any team he's faced.



That's some of the dumbest analysis I've ever read.


Sounds like you owned one of those teams.
User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 9,662
And1: 2,520
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#254 » by spree8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:55 pm

Jose7 wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Jose7 wrote:Besides kwahi no one on that team is making an OPEN shot. That's why they were eliminated.

Lebrons second best player was joe ingles and Avery Bradley... WCS is manning what successful NBA front court? Yeah that's why he was eliminated.

So yeah, that way.

By far the Lakers are more complete and better constructed especially defensively than any team he's faced.



That's some of the dumbest analysis I've ever read.


Sounds like you owned one of those teams.



Yep
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image
User avatar
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
Posts: 8,728
And1: 3,522
Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: Tonight's The Night
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#255 » by swisscheeseD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:58 pm

The best team I faced defensively was spree's 6ers.

Lakers have 5 guys in their starting lineup, and 2 guys off their bench, who are at their best with the ball in their hands, or require it to maximize their skillset.

Aside from a small sample size of Juancho, their entire frontcourt has no consistent floor spacer to open up the paint for CP3 to attack or for Howard to operate.

I will be involved in EVERY game, regardless of how good they think their defense is...my offense is the most efficient in the game, with some of the best 3pt shooters in the league. What's going to happen when we slow down pace and go "Hack-a-Howard"? There are going to be so many times when you're forced to sit him and Favors/Whiteside/Gasol are just going to eat on that weakass front court.

We'll see though...
Chicago Bulls

PG: Rajon Rondo / D.Collison / A.Harrison
SG: Eric Gordon / J.Crawford / L.Barbosa
SF: Kawhi Leonard / M.Dunleavy
PF: Harrison Barnes / D.Favors / S.Ojeleye
C: Robin Lopez / G.Dieng / E.Udoh
User avatar
Jose7
RealGM
Posts: 31,167
And1: 2,739
Joined: Apr 02, 2007
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#256 » by Jose7 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:59 pm

spree8 wrote:
Jose7 wrote:
spree8 wrote:

That's some of the dumbest analysis I've ever read.


Sounds like you owned one of those teams.



Yep


I won't take anything away from you as a GM you've made good-great teams consistently. But for a chip this BAT, McConnell Peterson and sefalosha can't fill big enough roles. They can't make shots consistently.
User avatar
Jose7
RealGM
Posts: 31,167
And1: 2,739
Joined: Apr 02, 2007
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#257 » by Jose7 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Derrick favors and his 9 point/6 rebound 38 year old body. No sorry, not scaring anybody's front court. If we thought Dwight was tissue paper soft..
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 28,286
And1: 10,028
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Trey & Frank 2K18
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#258 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:06 pm

swisscheeseD wrote:The best team I faced defensively was spree's 6ers.

Lakers have 5 guys in their starting lineup, and 2 guys off their bench, who are at their best with the ball in their hands, or require it to maximize their skillset.

Aside from a small sample size of Juancho, their entire frontcourt has no consistent floor spacer to open up the paint for CP3 to attack or for Howard to operate.

I will be involved in EVERY game, regardless of how good they think their defense is...my offense is the most efficient in the game, with some of the best 3pt shooters in the league. What's going to happen when we slow down pace and go "Hack-a-Howard"? There are going to be so many times when you're forced to sit him and Favors/Whiteside/Gasol are just going to eat on that weakass front court.

We'll see though...


When was the last time a team with 0 NBA all-stars in the last 4 years won an NBA Finals? The answer is 0.

Iguodala is proven in the NBA Finals. His ability to close out games defensively is a key factor.

And your backup POWER FORWARD is Joe Johnson. How are you gonna go at my backup PF? Lmfao

Iguodala puts clamps on CJ.

You have a pair of traditional Centers which Dwight covers.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi Richardson
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Troy Williams | DFS
5 | JaVale McGee | Kevon Looney
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 28,286
And1: 10,028
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Trey & Frank 2K18
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#259 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Jose7 wrote:Derrick favors and his 9 point/6 rebound 38 year old body. No sorry, not scaring anybody's front court. If we thought Dwight was tissue paper aldr..


Imagine putting the ball into James Johnson's hands on the perimeter or on the break and asking either Favors or Whiteside to guard him? :lol:
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi Richardson
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Troy Williams | DFS
5 | JaVale McGee | Kevon Looney
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 28,286
And1: 10,028
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Trey & Frank 2K18
     

Re: Build a Team 18.0 Auction Draft Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#260 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Who is CJ and his 6'3 frame guarding? Booker or Iggy? Mismatch mismatch mismatch
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi Richardson
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Troy Williams | DFS
5 | JaVale McGee | Kevon Looney

Return to New York Knicks