ImageImageImageImageImage

So why no trades

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Re: So why no trades 

Post#21 » by BBALLER4FR » Sun Aug 6, 2017 5:05 pm

poeman wrote:Lets just say the situation is currently fluid.

Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,346

Post#22 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Aug 6, 2017 5:31 pm

Because Melo is being an anus

(Ducks head and waits for pro Melo assault)
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#23 » by Kampuchea » Sun Aug 6, 2017 6:09 pm

So you want us to make a trade simply for the sake of making one and giving you something to post about? You don't want the team to try and get a better trade for the Knicks, even if it requires waiting?

I hope people have learned that it's foolish to care about those twitter comments. They get tons of followers by making things up. And when they post again y'all will fall for it again, forgetting that they just played you with a BS tweet a few weeks ago. Sheep.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#24 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Aug 6, 2017 6:31 pm

Well, let's start first by recognizing thanks to James Dolan and a series of calamities, the New York Knicks are the North Korea of the NBA. No other organization wants to do business with the Knick front office.

Traditionally the New York Knicks have served as the dumpster for taking BAD contracts. See Isiah Thomas tenure. Why would that change if the Knicks are known to be stupid?

So ask yourself, why would anyone want a 31-year old shooting guard for $11M when a contender can demand a veteran take half a million and receive the SAME amount of production? O'Quinn is a nice hustle player but he's got so many deficiencies to his game again, a contender is not going to take a guy like that.

Losing teams are looking to tank so they can get younger, CHEAPER and more talented.
slacker55
Sophomore
And1: 61

Post#25 » by slacker55 » Sun Aug 6, 2017 6:38 pm

The Knicks FO are engaged in 2 stare down contests. One with Melo and another with the Cavs.

Who has time for trades?
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#26 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Aug 6, 2017 6:43 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:I understand no Melo trade yet.

But in the meantime why no trades for our other assets? No Lee, or Oquinn trade makes no sense to me. We should have gotten some assets already. Was wondering is it just the Melo domino that has to fall first?

My guess is that Lee and Oquin are useful in a melo trade as well as solid assets on this squad

They play hard, play d, pass. Etc. they don't need to go.

But if they do go it'll probably be part of the melo deal
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#27 » by N Y K » Sun Aug 6, 2017 8:32 pm

cause melo need some time to see, where he wanna be...

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#28 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Aug 6, 2017 8:42 pm

N Y K wrote:cause melo need some time to see, where he wanna be...

say when you love someonnnnnnnnnnnne...
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#29 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Aug 6, 2017 8:53 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Because there hasn't been a trade that is acceptable to NY (if they are even on the market)...?

Hey KT do you or anyone ever do a Real GM fantasy football league?? If so i want in.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#30 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Aug 6, 2017 8:53 pm

But in the meantime why no trades for our other assets? No Lee, or Oquinn trade makes no sense to me. We should have gotten some assets already. Was wondering is it just the Melo domino that has to fall first?

Everything is very much Fluid right now.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#31 » by PeoplesChamp » Sun Aug 6, 2017 8:58 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:i bet everyone is trying to lowball us and perry told em" stop the fuqery" then hanged up

I'm fine with that.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#32 » by Kampuchea » Sun Aug 6, 2017 9:11 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Well, let's start first by recognizing thanks to James Dolan and a series of calamities, the New York Knicks are the North Korea of the NBA. No other organization wants to do business with the Knick front office.

Traditionally the New York Knicks have served as the dumpster for taking BAD contracts. See Isiah Thomas tenure. Why would that change if the Knicks are known to be stupid?

So ask yourself, why would anyone want a 31-year old shooting guard for $11M when a contender can demand a veteran take half a million and receive the SAME amount of production? O'Quinn is a nice hustle player but he's got so many deficiencies to his game again, a contender is not going to take a guy like that.

Losing teams are looking to tank so they can get younger, CHEAPER and more talented.

IMO the best odds of moving Lee & Oquinn for draft picks is if contending teams face injuries in-season. If a SG or PF/C is lost on one of those top teams they would potentially look at these guys as fill-ins. Lee is pretty good and that contract is reasonable, he is better than what you are talking about. Definitely not the SAME production available.

Also, your first 2 paragraphs are a bit contradictory. Teams do not want to do business with us and we also are a dumpster taking on bad contracts. That would result in more teams looking to do business with us, would it not? Take advantage of us.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#33 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sun Aug 6, 2017 11:56 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Most likely waiting to see how the Melo situation plays out. makes no sense trading smaller pieces before the bigger one.

I'm sure that plays a big part in it.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#34 » by Greenie » Mon Aug 7, 2017 12:14 am

Melo being moved should not play any factor into what happens to Kyle or Lee.
If you are trying to rebuild with youth you trade all older assets for younger assets.

Melo had a NTC. He can hold you up forever if he so chooses, hence why his movement means nothing. You're not building with him in mind anyway....or are you and just not telling people?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,157

Post#35 » by Capn'O » Mon Aug 7, 2017 12:22 am

Melo first matters because then you know what holes are left. If you've got two deals on the table, each for a similarly valued draft pick but with a playable vet at two different positions as compensation you want to know what your positional needs are gonna be before making moves.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#36 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Aug 7, 2017 12:24 am

There is one trade to be made. That's Melo. Until someone offers something worth taking...no other trades will happen. Players like Lee/KOQ could be used in that trade. There's also no need to move either player right now. Both contribute and are good locker room guys. On good deals. They are also more likely deadline deals to a contender who may have an injury on their team.

Melo would be gone if he expanded his list. That's why the rumor mill died. Everyone knows Houston won't pay up.
:beer: RIP mags
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#37 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:44 am

I said this in another thread: I believe that right now teams are seeing what they have in their development of their own players. Typically teams trade for reliable vets mid-season. I think it is likely that we can move Lee later on to a team that has playoff aspirations. IDK what the Bucks budget is, but Lee+O'Quinn for Monroe (who we cut) and a future 1st would be nice. Right now, Lee and O'Quinn are good value vets that we will likely have on our roster until February.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#38 » by Grover » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:33 am

NoLayupRule wrote:

My guess is that Lee and Oquin are useful in a melo trade as well as solid assets on this squad

They play hard, play d, pass. Etc. they don't need to go.

But if they do go it'll probably be part of the melo deal

I concur. If Melo is traded to the Rockets and Anderson is rerouted I continue to see the Jazz as one of the more likely destinations if they are game. It's difficult to imagine Ingles playing starter minutes at the three versus shifting Hood, who might be a little light in the seat for the three but they need shooters with Gobert and Rubio on the court. Lee's not a volume shooter but superior to Hood and three year health questionable Burks. Mitchell looked great in the Summer League with a far better handle than advertised but is likely a third guard while he begins to find his niche as a combo guard. In my latest scenario, in addition to Anderson and the Rocket pick(s), Lee and O'Quinn might be enough to return the expiring Favors and Johnson with enough salary involved to reroute Burks to the Bulls along with Thomas and/or a slew of unguaranteed contracts for Wade to come to the Knicks. Either scenario saves them between $6M and $13M over a buyout for carrying Burks an extra season. I definitely like the idea of heading in to the trade deadline with three desirable rentals with Magic Johnson still likely trying to jettison Deng at the cost of some juicy young assets while the fallback position would be considerable cap space next offseason without having surrendered picks or youth.
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#39 » by blanko » Mon Aug 7, 2017 12:44 pm

If we sign alllen Anderson it means we have a trade lined up for lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#40 » by dakomish23 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:19 pm

They likely won't do it, but I hope they are approaching win now teams for prospects / assets / shorter contracts.

Lee / KOQ for Kanter/ Ferguson CHI 2nd works. I'd even add Kuz for Singler.

Prospect? Check
Assets? Check
Shorter contracts? Check

They should look at 2019 or 2020 as the leap year / year they look to go shopping and focus on development right now.

Keeping these guys and trying to win 40 games this season is an exercise in futility.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks