ImageImageImageImageImage

So why no trades

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: So why no trades 

Post#41 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:06 pm

Capn'O wrote:Melo first matters because then you know what holes are left. If you've got two deals on the table, each for a similarly valued draft pick but with a playable vet at two different positions as compensation you want to know what your positional needs are gonna be before making moves.

This is very true, but it's hard to see this clearly if you're wearing Melo rose colored glasses.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#42 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:08 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:I understand no Melo trade yet.

But in the meantime why no trades for our other assets? No Lee, or Oquinn trade makes no sense to me. We should have gotten some assets already. Was wondering is it just the Melo domino that has to fall first?

I said this in another thread: I believe that right now teams are seeing what they have in their development of their own players. Typically teams trade for reliable vets mid-season. I think it is likely that we can move Lee later on to a team that has playoff aspirations. IDK what the Bucks budget is, but Lee+O'Quinn for Monroe (who we cut) and a future 1st would be nice. Right now, Lee and O'Quinn are good value vets that we will likely have on our roster until February.

Can you remember so long ago when our failure to get Monroe was lamented as we weren't able to attract great talent.... :rofl:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Uncle_Furlz
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#43 » by Uncle_Furlz » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:17 pm

Capn'O wrote:Melo first matters because then you know what holes are left. If you've got two deals on the table, each for a similarly valued draft pick but with a playable vet at two different positions as compensation you want to know what your positional needs are gonna be before making moves.

Absolutely spot on. The front office are making the right moves by actually playing the waiting game, at least until the Melo situation is resolved. I can respect that there has been very little interaction with the media from management this summer, which means no leaks. As far as the media and us as fans know there may be plans to move some of these guys, with deals already discussed with other teams. Although I would be disappointed if there isn't any additional movement if Melo actually is traded.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#44 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 11:52 pm

BKlutch wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:I understand no Melo trade yet.

But in the meantime why no trades for our other assets? No Lee, or Oquinn trade makes no sense to me. We should have gotten some assets already. Was wondering is it just the Melo domino that has to fall first?

I said this in another thread: I believe that right now teams are seeing what they have in their development of their own players. Typically teams trade for reliable vets mid-season. I think it is likely that we can move Lee later on to a team that has playoff aspirations. IDK what the Bucks budget is, but Lee+O'Quinn for Monroe (who we cut) and a future 1st would be nice. Right now, Lee and O'Quinn are good value vets that we will likely have on our roster until February.

Can you remember so long ago when our failure to get Monroe was lamented as we weren't able to attract great talent.... :rofl:

So much ado about nothing. People still think he spurned us when that was the one time Phil was NOT willing to overpay. No one knows if he would have come here for the same contract because we never offered it. As Beyonce says:
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate

Return to New York Knicks