ImageImageImageImageImage

Gaines to stay on as scout!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,128

Re: Gaines to stay on as scout! 

Post#81 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:42 pm

AllanHoustonFan wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:this is our next goal... :devil:
David Blatt continues to pursue a return to the NBA. Blatt was fired by the Cleveland Cavaliers midway through his second season with the franchise. The Cavaliers went on to win the 2016 Finals.

“I have an end game and that end game is that I would really like to go back to the NBA,” Blatt told The Jerusalem Post on Tuesday.

He will be the next Knick coach after this season.

should have happened since last offseason too.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,872

Post#82 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:05 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Is that what it's called? :lol:

the shoulder gyration part. idk what the rest is.

I think he's probably just an awkward dancer but then somebody played around with it to speed up certain parts. That's my best guess.

Artistic enhancement? :lol:

ahhh... see, if that was real time, then it's a solid harlem shake. if it's sped up, i am horrified at what it looks like in real time.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,265
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#83 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:this is our next goal... :devil:

He will be the next Knick coach after this season.

should have happened since last offseason too.

Maybe so - he might be head and shoulders above other coaches. But there's also a negative factor from the constant disruption of changing coaches in mid stream every year or two. So I suspect they will give Horny a chance to show what he can do, now that the huge weight of President Phil is off his shoulders.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#84 » by Barcs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:26 am

GONYK wrote:
Barcs wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Dolans not selecting draft picks. Some of you give Dolan way too much credit.

Credit? More like discredit. I just don't think it's coincidence that he is represented by the same agency that gives Dolan his band gigs. I also think that Dolan and Phil decided to part ways after the draft as a result of that decision. Otherwise, why the hell would they wait until after the draft to decide that? Phil having any real control over the franchise was an illusion.

Because Phil wanted to buy out Melo

Read on Twitter

Phil wanted Frank from day 1

If you believe what they tell the media to be true, sure. Let's just say I'm a skeptic.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,916

Post#85 » by GONYK » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:29 am

Barcs wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Barcs wrote:
Credit? More like discredit. I just don't think it's coincidence that he is represented by the same agency that gives Dolan his band gigs. I also think that Dolan and Phil decided to part ways after the draft as a result of that decision. Otherwise, why the hell would they wait until after the draft to decide that? Phil having any real control over the franchise was an illusion.

Read on Twitter

If you believe what they tell the media to be true, sure. Let's just say I'm a skeptic.

I more believe Phil Jackson when he held his end of year press conference, and basically described Frank as the player he wanted to draft, and described DSJ as the type of player he was not going to draft.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#86 » by BKlutch » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:32 am

GONYK wrote:
Barcs wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Read on Twitter

I more believe Phil Jackson when he held his end of year press conference, and basically described Frank as the player he wanted to draft, and described DSJ as the type of player he was not going to draft.

I believe this too, but it doesn't mean that DSJ will be bad.He just may not be who we most want in terms of personality and style.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,916

Post#87 » by GONYK » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:33 am

BKlutch wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Barcs wrote:

I believe this too, but it doesn't mean that DSJ will be bad.He just may not be who we most want in terms of personality and style.

I didn't say anything about the level of player of DSJ will be. I'm responding to the other poster who claims that Dolan forced Phil to draft Frank and fired Phil because he didn't want to.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,885

Post#88 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:45 am

This is great news! He should have been promoted, but w/e.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#89 » by BKlutch » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:04 am

GONYK wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I didn't say anything about the level of player of DSJ will be. I'm responding to the other poster who claims that Dolan forced Phil to draft Frank and fired Phil because he didn't want to.

That other point of view seems ridiculous, from all we know. There were also real reasons for firing Phil.

Return to New York Knicks