ImageImageImageImageImage

Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania).

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, King of Canada, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, j4remi, mrpoetryNmotion

ChilledAlex
Rookie
Posts: 1,083
And1: 468
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#241 » by ChilledAlex » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:55 pm

magnumt wrote:
reub wrote:
magnumt wrote:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=58125992#p58125992

That is NOT just a decent game.

--Mags :beer:


He was playing against POLAND and shot 9 for 20.


That's great you're up to date on your geography. He dominated against weaker competition. LIKE HE SHOULD! Like WINNERS do.

You're just nitpicking for the sake of it. 9-20 is still a good % (45%) with an ARRAY of moves.

--Mags :beer:


I watched whole game and he also gave some kickouts and nice passes to wide open teammates when KP was doubled, but basically everyone was shooting poorly.:lol: With him Latvia looked way better than Poland and without him... it was shaky. He looked like he embraced the leadership role and most importantly was THE reason Latvia won and really it was KP who closed out the game after 65-65, he had like 9 straight points and a block in last 2 mins of a tied game.
reub
Starter
Posts: 2,476
And1: 853
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#242 » by reub » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:57 pm

magnumt wrote:
reub wrote:
magnumt wrote:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=58125992#p58125992

That is NOT just a decent game.

--Mags :beer:


He was playing against POLAND and shot 9 for 20.


That's great you're up to date on your geography. He dominated against weaker competition. LIKE HE SHOULD! Like WINNERS do.

You're just nitpicking for the sake of it. 9-20 is still a good % (45%) with an ARRAY of moves.

--Mags :beer:


IT WAS POLAND.
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 41,739
And1: 6,784
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#243 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:00 am

reub wrote:
magnumt wrote:
reub wrote:
He was playing against POLAND and shot 9 for 20.


That's great you're up to date on your geography. He dominated against weaker competition. LIKE HE SHOULD! Like WINNERS do.

You're just nitpicking for the sake of it. 9-20 is still a good % (45%) with an ARRAY of moves.

--Mags :beer:


IT WAS POLAND.


...AND HE LEAD THEM TO VICTORY. :nod:

--Mags :beer:
BAT 18 - GS Warriors
Jameer Nelson / Brandon Jennings / Raymond Felton
Evan Fournier / Devin Harris / Rashad Vaughn
DeMar DeRozan / Gerald Green / Alan Anderson
Tyler Zeller / Adreian Payne / Bruno Caboclo
Nikola Jokic / Cole Aldrich / Joel Anthony
reub
Starter
Posts: 2,476
And1: 853
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#244 » by reub » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:02 am

magnumt wrote:
reub wrote:
magnumt wrote:
That's great you're up to date on your geography. He dominated against weaker competition. LIKE HE SHOULD! Like WINNERS do.

You're just nitpicking for the sake of it. 9-20 is still a good % (45%) with an ARRAY of moves.

--Mags :beer:


IT WAS POLAND.


...AND HE LEAD THEM TO VICTORY. :nod:

--Mags :beer:


Victory over POLAND. 9 for 20. Let's be real.
ChilledAlex
Rookie
Posts: 1,083
And1: 468
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#245 » by ChilledAlex » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:03 am

reub wrote:
magnumt wrote:
reub wrote:
He was playing against POLAND and shot 9 for 20.


That's great you're up to date on your geography. He dominated against weaker competition. LIKE HE SHOULD! Like WINNERS do.

You're just nitpicking for the sake of it. 9-20 is still a good % (45%) with an ARRAY of moves.

--Mags :beer:


IT WAS POLAND.


You know that statline is considered like really elite in euroball?
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 41,739
And1: 6,784
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#246 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:10 am

reub wrote:
magnumt wrote:
reub wrote:
IT WAS POLAND.


...AND HE LEAD THEM TO VICTORY. :nod:

--Mags :beer:


Victory over POLAND. 9 for 20. Let's be real.


And also:

magnumt wrote:


24 Points, 12 Rebounds, 2 Blocks, ONE foul and 2 Steals in JUST 28 Minutes! :o :droop:

Nig*a wasn't even trying too! :D

--Mags :beer:


I mean we are being real and all...

--Mags :beer:
BAT 18 - GS Warriors
Jameer Nelson / Brandon Jennings / Raymond Felton
Evan Fournier / Devin Harris / Rashad Vaughn
DeMar DeRozan / Gerald Green / Alan Anderson
Tyler Zeller / Adreian Payne / Bruno Caboclo
Nikola Jokic / Cole Aldrich / Joel Anthony
User avatar
ChaosHamster
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,991
And1: 1,274
Joined: Oct 07, 2015

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#247 » by ChaosHamster » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:12 am

Giannis got 20/9/3 today against Montenegro. :)
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 41,739
And1: 6,784
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#248 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:18 am

ChilledAlex wrote:
reub wrote:
magnumt wrote:
That's great you're up to date on your geography. He dominated against weaker competition. LIKE HE SHOULD! Like WINNERS do.

You're just nitpicking for the sake of it. 9-20 is still a good % (45%) with an ARRAY of moves.

--Mags :beer:


IT WAS POLAND.


You know that statline is considered like really elite in euroball?


That's a stat line that Kawhi would put up.

But, you know..."9-20" :lol:

--Mags :beer:
BAT 18 - GS Warriors
Jameer Nelson / Brandon Jennings / Raymond Felton
Evan Fournier / Devin Harris / Rashad Vaughn
DeMar DeRozan / Gerald Green / Alan Anderson
Tyler Zeller / Adreian Payne / Bruno Caboclo
Nikola Jokic / Cole Aldrich / Joel Anthony
User avatar
ChaosHamster
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,991
And1: 1,274
Joined: Oct 07, 2015

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#249 » by ChaosHamster » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:41 am

lol

Our captain (Blums) was asked were there any specific sets they were running today.

He responded:"We got our full squad together just for a couple of days now, so we didn't establish any connections yet. But that's okay, I've talked to our NBA guys, Davis said they are practicing some sets in between games in San Antonio, but Kristaps said, Knicks aren't. They are mostly just running 1on1`s". :nonono:
User avatar
Fury
Knicks Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 17,152
And1: 6,743
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#250 » by Fury » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:14 am

reub wrote:
magnumt wrote:
reub wrote:
IT WAS POLAND.


...AND HE LEAD THEM TO VICTORY. :nod:

--Mags :beer:


Victory over POLAND. 9 for 20. Let's be real.


Someone ban this clown. Seriously why waste time with imbeciles like this
User avatar
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
Posts: 58,629
And1: 14,713
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Contact:
   

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#251 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Our 2018 draft pick plays in 2 hours and 30 minutes against Croatia with Bogdanovic and Saric.
Image
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,268
And1: 3,066
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#252 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:53 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Our 2018 draft pick plays in 2 hours and 30 minutes against Croatia with Bogdanovic and Saric.

Do you have a link to the game? Will it be on the LTVSportaStudija FB page?
Image
User avatar
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
Posts: 58,629
And1: 14,713
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Contact:
   

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#253 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:57 pm

No idea, but a Latvian channel probably isn't going to stream a preparation match between Slovenia and Croatia.
Image
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,268
And1: 3,066
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#254 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:No idea, but a Latvian channel probably isn't going to stream a preparation match between Slovenia and Croatia.

You're right, or course. Oh well ... no basketball here today.
Image
User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 79,202
And1: 31,487
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Current RealGM Heavyweight Champion of the World

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#255 » by god shammgod » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:12 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:lol

Our captain (Blums) was asked were there any specific sets they were running today.

He responded:"We got our full squad together just for a couple of days now, so we didn't establish any connections yet. But that's okay, I've talked to our NBA guys, Davis said they are practicing some sets in between games in San Antonio, but Kristaps said, Knicks aren't. They are mostly just running 1on1`s". :nonono:


well, that was obvious. jeff isoed everyone. his idea of getting kp the ball was to put him in the pinch post just like melo. let's hope without phil that he has some other ideas. i wouldn't bet on it though.
Image
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,268
And1: 3,066
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#256 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:16 pm

god shammgod wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:lol

Our captain (Blums) was asked were there any specific sets they were running today.

He responded:"We got our full squad together just for a couple of days now, so we didn't establish any connections yet. But that's okay, I've talked to our NBA guys, Davis said they are practicing some sets in between games in San Antonio, but Kristaps said, Knicks aren't. They are mostly just running 1on1`s". :nonono:


well, that was obvious. jeff isoed everyone. his idea of getting kp the ball was to put him in the pinch post just like melo. let's hope without phil that he has some other ideas. I wouldn't bet on it though.

This season is when the truth comes out. I hope we see it soon enough to catch a guy like Blatt if Jeff is not the coach we want.

Spoiler:
At least we have Rambis waiting to run the team if Jeff gets fired.
Image
User avatar
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
Posts: 58,629
And1: 14,713
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Contact:
   

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#257 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:10 pm

27 points for Doncic. He's LeSatan playing with Boobie Gibson and Donyell Marshall.
Image
Wolfgang630
Starter
Posts: 2,191
And1: 1,047
Joined: Feb 07, 2016
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#258 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:27 points for Doncic. He's LeSatan playing with Boobie Gibson and Donyell Marshall.


I gonna need to see some highlights
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,268
And1: 3,066
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#259 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:27 points for Doncic. He's LeSatan playing with Boobie Gibson and Donyell Marshall.

Wow, I hope I'm not drooling and making a fool of myself. Is he playing and defense? If not, does he look smart enough to learn?
Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 11,156
And1: 5,992
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#260 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:33 pm

BKlutch wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:lol

Our captain (Blums) was asked were there any specific sets they were running today.

He responded:"We got our full squad together just for a couple of days now, so we didn't establish any connections yet. But that's okay, I've talked to our NBA guys, Davis said they are practicing some sets in between games in San Antonio, but Kristaps said, Knicks aren't. They are mostly just running 1on1`s". :nonono:


well, that was obvious. jeff isoed everyone. his idea of getting kp the ball was to put him in the pinch post just like melo. let's hope without phil that he has some other ideas. I wouldn't bet on it though.

This season is when the truth comes out. I hope we see it soon enough to catch a guy like Blatt if Jeff is not the coach we want.

Spoiler:
At least we have Rambis waiting to run the team if Jeff gets fired.

david blatt leading the knicks to a championship in 2023
Image
San Antonio Spurs aka sniiiiiiiper gang Co-GM: ctorres

PG: Rubio/Smart/Udrih
SG: Middleton/Harrison/Johnson
SF: Aminu/Harris/McRae
PF: Melo/Portis/Tavares
C:Vucevic/Len/Bogut

Return to New York Knicks