ImageImageImageImageImage

Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania).

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, King of Canada, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, j4remi, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
Posts: 58,629
And1: 14,713
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Contact:
   

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#261 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:27 points for Doncic. He's LeSatan playing with Boobie Gibson and Donyell Marshall.


I gonna need to see some highlights

Oh, it'll show up. He was insane from 3pt, something like 7/9 with one miss being end of shot clock from other side of the court, all of the makes nothing but net.
Image
User avatar
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
Posts: 58,629
And1: 14,713
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Contact:
   

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#262 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:38 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:27 points for Doncic. He's LeSatan playing with Boobie Gibson and Donyell Marshall.

Wow, I hope I'm not drooling and making a fool of myself. Is he playing and defense? If not, does he look smart enough to learn?

He's a smart defender but he lacks the quickness to stay in front of guards consistently. He's a great help defender and an above average post defender.
Image
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,268
And1: 3,066
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#263 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:39 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
well, that was obvious. jeff isoed everyone. his idea of getting kp the ball was to put him in the pinch post just like melo. let's hope without phil that he has some other ideas. I wouldn't bet on it though.

This season is when the truth comes out. I hope we see it soon enough to catch a guy like Blatt if Jeff is not the coach we want.

Spoiler:
At least we have Rambis waiting to run the team if Jeff gets fired.

david blatt leading the knicks to a championship in 2023
Image

Wow - about the right time frame, if everything goes well, and a few small miracles happen, too.

Do you think he could do it if Rambis isn't willing to stay on to coach the defense?
Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 11,156
And1: 5,992
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#264 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:03 pm

BKlutch wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:This season is when the truth comes out. I hope we see it soon enough to catch a guy like Blatt if Jeff is not the coach we want.

Spoiler:
At least we have Rambis waiting to run the team if Jeff gets fired.

david blatt leading the knicks to a championship in 2023
Image

Wow - about the right time frame, if everything goes well, and a few small miracles happen, too.

Do you think he could do it if Rambis isn't willing to stay on to coach the defense?

hell yes
if rambis is gone, our team will reach new levels we've never seen before
San Antonio Spurs aka sniiiiiiiper gang Co-GM: ctorres

PG: Rubio/Smart/Udrih
SG: Middleton/Harrison/Johnson
SF: Aminu/Harris/McRae
PF: Melo/Portis/Tavares
C:Vucevic/Len/Bogut
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,268
And1: 3,066
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#265 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:11 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:david blatt leading the knicks to a championship in 2023
Image

Wow - about the right time frame, if everything goes well, and a few small miracles happen, too.

Do you think he could do it if Rambis isn't willing to stay on to coach the defense?

hell yes
if rambis is gone, our team will reach new levels we've never seen before

I was kidding about keeping Rambis. Most of us wish he'd left along with Phil, but for some reason, Horny may have wanted to keep him. That doesn't make Horny look so good, IMO.
Image
User avatar
UcanUwill
General Manager
Posts: 9,836
And1: 3,902
Joined: Aug 07, 2011

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#266 » by UcanUwill » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:28 pm

Watched Slovenian game. Doncic is bonkers, deadeye shooter. Flat out outplayed Bojan Bogdanovic, not even funny how good this teen is.
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,268
And1: 3,066
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#267 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:28 pm

This is KP's official "branding video" of yesterday's Latvia-Poland friendly game. That last basket seems like it would have been called goal tending in the NBA, but it went in and there was no call in Euro ball.
Read on Twitter
Image
semjazy
Sophomore
Posts: 125
And1: 52
Joined: Aug 11, 2014
Location: Silesia
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#268 » by semjazy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:45 pm

User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 11,156
And1: 5,992
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#269 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm

BKlutch wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Wow - about the right time frame, if everything goes well, and a few small miracles happen, too.

Do you think he could do it if Rambis isn't willing to stay on to coach the defense?

hell yes
if rambis is gone, our team will reach new levels we've never seen before

I was kidding about keeping Rambis. Most of us wish he'd left along with Phil, but for some reason, Horny may have wanted to keep him. That doesn't make Horny look so good, IMO.

yeah it's pretty sus
i do know that hornaceks defense coach went to Cleveland and we couldn't get him out of there so I guess he probably panicked or something
San Antonio Spurs aka sniiiiiiiper gang Co-GM: ctorres

PG: Rubio/Smart/Udrih
SG: Middleton/Harrison/Johnson
SF: Aminu/Harris/McRae
PF: Melo/Portis/Tavares
C:Vucevic/Len/Bogut
reub
Starter
Posts: 2,476
And1: 853
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#270 » by reub » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:47 pm

KP had a good game against an inferior opponent. I really don't get all of the hysteria over it. He's had games that were better than this in the NBA against real stars so why all of this craziness over beating Poland? He's entering his third year in the NBA for god's sake and these type of performances should be the rule and not the exception, especially against inferior players.
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,268
And1: 3,066
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#271 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:50 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Watched Slovenian game. Doncic is bonkers, deadeye shooter. Flat out outplayed Bojan Bogdanovic, not even funny how good this teen is.

OMG Doncic, Bojan Bogdanovic, Boban Marjanović --- I need a language coach!
Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 11,156
And1: 5,992
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#272 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:52 pm

doncic looks really good
one thing that's not being said about him is his body. he already looks pretty filled out at such a young age. kid is something else
San Antonio Spurs aka sniiiiiiiper gang Co-GM: ctorres

PG: Rubio/Smart/Udrih
SG: Middleton/Harrison/Johnson
SF: Aminu/Harris/McRae
PF: Melo/Portis/Tavares
C:Vucevic/Len/Bogut
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,268
And1: 3,066
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#273 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:53 pm

reub wrote:KP had a good game against an inferior opponent. I really don't get all of the hysteria over it. He's had games that were better than this in the NBA against real stars so why all of this craziness over beating Poland? He's entering his third year in the NBA for god's sake and these type of performances should be the rule and not the exception, especially against inferior players.

No hysteria, just pleasure seeing him develop. He had 4 inferior teammates on his side. He comes from a nation of under 2 million people, so naturally, not a great team. Poland has 37 million, so while they're not huge, they certainly have a larger population to produce players. Latvia is smaller than freakin' Queens.
Image
User avatar
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
Posts: 58,629
And1: 14,713
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Contact:
   

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#274 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:doncic looks really good
one thing that's not being said about him is his body. he already looks pretty filled out at such a young age. kid is something else

He needs the NBA strength & conditioning training ASAP. He's one of those rare cases where staying in Europe can hurt his development.
Image
semjazy
Sophomore
Posts: 125
And1: 52
Joined: Aug 11, 2014
Location: Silesia
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#275 » by semjazy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:07 pm

BKlutch wrote:
reub wrote:KP had a good game against an inferior opponent. I really don't get all of the hysteria over it. He's had games that were better than this in the NBA against real stars so why all of this craziness over beating Poland? He's entering his third year in the NBA for god's sake and these type of performances should be the rule and not the exception, especially against inferior players.

No hysteria, just pleasure seeing him develop. He had 4 inferior teammates on his side. He comes from a nation of under 2 million people, so naturally, not a great team. Poland has 37 million, so while they're not huge, they certainly have a larger population to produce players. Latvia is smaller than freakin' Queens.

Polish team is trash. Latvia have much better tradition in basketball. Outside of late 90s, when there was some hype around polish league, we couldn't bring attention to this sport. So even though they are like 20 times smaller, they produce more players that can play at european level.
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,268
And1: 3,066
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#276 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:26 pm

semjazy wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
reub wrote:KP had a good game against an inferior opponent. I really don't get all of the hysteria over it. He's had games that were better than this in the NBA against real stars so why all of this craziness over beating Poland? He's entering his third year in the NBA for god's sake and these type of performances should be the rule and not the exception, especially against inferior players.

No hysteria, just pleasure seeing him develop. He had 4 inferior teammates on his side. He comes from a nation of under 2 million people, so naturally, not a great team. Poland has 37 million, so while they're not huge, they certainly have a larger population to produce players. Latvia is smaller than freakin' Queens.

Polish team is trash. Latvia have much better tradition in basketball. Outside of late 90s, when there was some hype around polish league, we couldn't bring attention to this sport. So even though they are like 20 times smaller, they produce more players that can play at european level.

Latvia and Poland have each had 4 NBA players, even though Poland is over 15 times larger.
Image
MartinsLusis
Junior
Posts: 403
And1: 301
Joined: Oct 11, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#278 » by MartinsLusis » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:43 pm

BKlutch wrote:This is KP's official "branding video" of yesterday's Latvia-Poland friendly game. That last basket seems like it would have been called goal tending in the NBA, but it went in and there was no call in Euro ball.
Read on Twitter


They actually called a goal tending anyway :)
MartinsLusis
Junior
Posts: 403
And1: 301
Joined: Oct 11, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#279 » by MartinsLusis » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:56 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:doncic looks really good
one thing that's not being said about him is his body. he already looks pretty filled out at such a young age. kid is something else


He already looks as old as Kristaps :D That's the thing about Southern Europeans vs Nothern Europeans.
reub
Starter
Posts: 2,476
And1: 853
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#280 » by reub » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:49 pm

BKlutch wrote:
semjazy wrote:
BKlutch wrote:No hysteria, just pleasure seeing him develop. He had 4 inferior teammates on his side. He comes from a nation of under 2 million people, so naturally, not a great team. Poland has 37 million, so while they're not huge, they certainly have a larger population to produce players. Latvia is smaller than freakin' Queens.

Polish team is trash. Latvia have much better tradition in basketball. Outside of late 90s, when there was some hype around polish league, we couldn't bring attention to this sport. So even though they are like 20 times smaller, they produce more players that can play at european level.

Latvia and Poland have each had 4 NBA players, even though Poland is over 15 times larger.


It doesn't matter how many players Poland has put into the NBA. What matters is that KP had a very good game but against a poor team so there's not that much to be excited about. It's not like he's a raw rookie. He's going into his third NBA season and this kind of performance should be expected of him now. Why are people flipping out over it? And again, 9 for 20 shooting isn't anything to write home about.

Return to New York Knicks