ImageImageImageImageImage

Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania).

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, King of Canada, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, j4remi, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
JohnWillow
Starter
Posts: 2,093
And1: 2,038
Joined: Jun 27, 2015
Location: What does the Fox say? Come to Kings baby.
       

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#301 » by JohnWillow » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:16 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:hey

anyone know when the next latvia game is an if its broadcast anywhere?


Saturday, gonna stream again on the youtube, the game will start 12:30 pm NY time vs Kuzminskas and Lithuania
Vivek be like.

Image
User avatar
gavran
RealGM
Posts: 12,874
And1: 2,553
Joined: Nov 02, 2005
Location: crossing the line

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#302 » by gavran » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:45 pm

BKlutch wrote:This is CRAZY! from Wikipedia:
Anthony Erwin Randolph, Jr. (born July 15, 1989) is an American-born Slovenian professional basketball player for Real Madrid of the Liga ACB. Born in Germany to two parents who served in the military there, Randolph's family eventually relocated to the United States, where he grew up in Pasadena, California.


Wikipedia says he was American-born and born in Germany.
WTF?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Randolph

Probably meant that born as an American in Germany, which turn out makes you a Slovenian.
User avatar
ChaosHamster
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,992
And1: 1,277
Joined: Oct 07, 2015

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#303 » by ChaosHamster » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:50 pm

how did Donč finish?
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,274
And1: 3,069
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#304 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:58 pm

gavran wrote:
BKlutch wrote:This is CRAZY! from Wikipedia:
Anthony Erwin Randolph, Jr. (born July 15, 1989) is an American-born Slovenian professional basketball player for Real Madrid of the Liga ACB. Born in Germany to two parents who served in the military there, Randolph's family eventually relocated to the United States, where he grew up in Pasadena, California.


Wikipedia says he was American-born and born in Germany.
WTF?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Randolph

Probably meant that born as an American in Germany, which turn out makes you a Slovenian.

Totally makes sense to me! :lol:
Image
User avatar
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
Posts: 58,634
And1: 14,717
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Contact:
   

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#305 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:31 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:how did Donč finish?

His worst game yet. Looks like he plays down to competition.

8 pts on 2/10 FG, 8 rbs, 4 ast. Still finished with a game high +/- of 18.
Image
User avatar
Tron Carter
General Manager
Posts: 7,578
And1: 4,479
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: NBA Purgatory
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#306 » by Tron Carter » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:42 pm

Read on Twitter


willy yatted now huh
Frank Ntillmatic aka French Sinatra > Midget Smith Jr.
User avatar
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
Posts: 58,634
And1: 14,717
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Contact:
   

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#307 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter


willy yatted now huh

What is it with these kids and sleeve tattoos lately smh.
Image
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,274
And1: 3,069
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#308 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:how did Donč finish?

His worst game yet. Looks like he plays down to competition.

8 pts on 2/10 FG, 8 rbs, 4 ast. Still finished with a game high +/- of 18.

It's ok, when KP had 24 pts yesterday, some people said he wasn't any good. As the only elite player on the team, he gets more defensive attention, and besides, nobody scores in the stratosphere every game.
Image
User avatar
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
Posts: 58,634
And1: 14,717
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Contact:
   

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#309 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:how did Donč finish?

His worst game yet. Looks like he plays down to competition.

8 pts on 2/10 FG, 8 rbs, 4 ast. Still finished with a game high +/- of 18.

It's ok, when KP had 24 pts yesterday, some people said he wasn't any good. As the only elite player on the team, he gets more defensive attention, and besides, nobody scores in the stratosphere every game.

You could tell from Doncic's body language that he's not trying because the level of competition was low. Can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing. His role is completely different playing for the national team than what's he doing at Real Madrid. Here's he's more of a scorer and playmaker only secondary because nobody else can score.
Image
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
Posts: 10,007
And1: 1,322
Joined: Aug 15, 2005
Location: Virginia

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#310 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter


willy yatted now huh


Willy's going for attitude.
reub
Starter
Posts: 2,476
And1: 854
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#311 » by reub » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:19 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:how did Donč finish?

His worst game yet. Looks like he plays down to competition.

8 pts on 2/10 FG, 8 rbs, 4 ast. Still finished with a game high +/- of 18.

It's ok, when KP had 24 pts yesterday, some people said he wasn't any good. As the only elite player on the team, he gets more defensive attention, and besides, nobody scores in the stratosphere every game.


Who said that he wasn't any good? What I said was that just because he had a decent game (9 for 20 shooting) against inferior competition that's not something to get all giddy over like a young school girl would. Capish?
User avatar
BKlutch
Head Coach
Posts: 6,274
And1: 3,069
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#312 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:24 pm

reub wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:His worst game yet. Looks like he plays down to competition.

8 pts on 2/10 FG, 8 rbs, 4 ast. Still finished with a game high +/- of 18.

It's ok, when KP had 24 pts yesterday, some people said he wasn't any good. As the only elite player on the team, he gets more defensive attention, and besides, nobody scores in the stratosphere every game.


Who said that he wasn't any good? What I said was that just because he had a decent game (9 for 20 shooting) against inferior competition that's not something to get all giddy over like a young school girl would. Capish?

When I say something, it's not always about you. :lol:

Its true that his stats were good but nothing extraordinary. Watching him play the whole game was more impressive. Doncic had a down to earth game today, too. He's barely an adult, so his future is still unlimited. His game was not that special today, but it happens.
Image
User avatar
ChaosHamster
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,992
And1: 1,277
Joined: Oct 07, 2015

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#313 » by ChaosHamster » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:27 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:His worst game yet. Looks like he plays down to competition.

8 pts on 2/10 FG, 8 rbs, 4 ast. Still finished with a game high +/- of 18.

It's ok, when KP had 24 pts yesterday, some people said he wasn't any good. As the only elite player on the team, he gets more defensive attention, and besides, nobody scores in the stratosphere every game.

You could tell from Doncic's body language that he's not trying because the level of competition was low. Can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing. His role is completely different playing for the national team than what's he doing at Real Madrid. Here's he's more of a scorer and playmaker only secondary because nobody else can score.


DIdn't he score like 14 points in ~15 minutes and overall had a good game against Russia's student team?

I guess that was his debut in NT, so he perhaps wanted to make a great impression..
User avatar
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 44,869
And1: 7,236
Joined: Dec 06, 2002
Location: Playoffs Fool!
Contact:

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#314 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:43 pm

JohnWillow wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:hey

anyone know when the next latvia game is an if its broadcast anywhere?


Saturday, gonna stream again on the youtube, the game will start 12:30 pm NY time vs Kuzminskas and Lithuania

Ahh cool

Thanks
MrOrange
Freshman
Posts: 98
And1: 63
Joined: Apr 24, 2017

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#315 » by MrOrange » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:37 am

Talking about Latvian basketball traditions:
;list=PLNzR7VZUmlmyq6BbjZQfZMYcVLMXytgg1
MrOrange
Freshman
Posts: 98
And1: 63
Joined: Apr 24, 2017

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#316 » by MrOrange » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:43 am

reub wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:His worst game yet. Looks like he plays down to competition.

8 pts on 2/10 FG, 8 rbs, 4 ast. Still finished with a game high +/- of 18.

It's ok, when KP had 24 pts yesterday, some people said he wasn't any good. As the only elite player on the team, he gets more defensive attention, and besides, nobody scores in the stratosphere every game.


Who said that he wasn't any good? What I said was that just because he had a decent game (9 for 20 shooting) against inferior competition that's not something to get all giddy over like a young school girl would. Capish?

The whole team is rusty at the moment. Bertans junior was completely lost. They are exhibition games and should reach the top form at the end of August.
User avatar
ChaosHamster
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,992
And1: 1,277
Joined: Oct 07, 2015

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#317 » by ChaosHamster » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:06 pm

Lithuania defeats France 96:71

Kuz with solid 11 points, 8 rebs, 7 assists
reub
Starter
Posts: 2,476
And1: 854
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#318 » by reub » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:59 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:Lithuania defeats France 96:71

Kuz with solid 11 points, 8 rebs, 7 assists


Kuz > Melo
User avatar
Polk377
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,541
And1: 1,493
Joined: Apr 19, 2002
Location: Great Neck,NY
         

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (KP-Latvia, Willy-Spain and Kuz-Lithuania). 

Post#319 » by Polk377 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:21 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:Lithuania defeats France 96:71

Kuz with solid 11 points, 8 rebs, 7 assists

Kuz is a good all around player. Last season looked like an adjustment period for him.

Return to New York Knicks