ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Did I do something wrong when approaching this chick?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: OT: Did I do something wrong when approaching this chick? 

Post#81 » by Greenie » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Gravy wrote:Chicks are difficult man. I was waiting for the subway at W4th st. and this woman approached me and said I was cute. I'm thinking wow this never happens to me. :o So we get on the train and I'm doing small talk and about ready to ask her number then she hits me with the I have a boyfriend!. Wtf?? I play it cool until my stop but what the hell was that?

Anyway I don't have much advice for op, I didnt want to start multiple dating threads.
Plenty of fish in the sea but the sea is poison!

I've told men they were handsome before. It means nothing. Just like I've complemented females before.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#82 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:18 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Her: 'Hi"
You: "Hi"
Either she says something, or you can just say, "I like the way you say that."

It's simple, not crazy, and if there's any potential chemistry, the rest will just flow. It doesn't sound too full of yourself or weird, and you only need to do it with a nice smile and friendly tone of voice.

Even though getting to meet someone seems to be the choke point for most folks, the hard part is not meeting but creating a good relationship. Meeting is just a small hurdle and shouldn't be seen as a terrifying experience.

Is this really working for you? If so by all means, but could see this getting awkward real fast.

Maybe it's how you say it. It worked so well I had to stop saying it, or my new bride would have killed me. :lol:
But I got a number of great years from it ... can't talk about that now (see above reference to wife)

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,615

Post#83 » by Gravy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:19 pm

Greenie wrote:
Gravy wrote:Chicks are difficult man. I was waiting for the subway at W4th st. and this woman approached me and said I was cute. I'm thinking wow this never happens to me. :o So we get on the train and I'm doing small talk and about ready to ask her number then she hits me with the I have a boyfriend!. Wtf?? I play it cool until my stop but what the hell was that?

Anyway I don't have much advice for op, I didnt want to start multiple dating threads.

I've told men they were handsome before. It means nothing. Just like I've complemented females before.

Keep it up. I probably set my expectations up too high when she said that, but was still really flattered the rest of the night
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#84 » by Nostrand Ave » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:36 pm

Greenie wrote:

Telling a random guy they are handsome? What's the point of that?

I understand complimenting their smile, eyes, hair, clothing, or fragrance. But generally complementing their looks (cute/handsome)? Hmm . . .
Starks
Veteran
And1: 408

Post#85 » by Starks » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:29 pm

That's called a sh*t test. Girls do this a lot, she's just throwing some curveball out there just to see how you'll react. Basically she's checking out your solidity, see if you can handle the situation, or if you are just going to lose your composure and fall apart.

I get that boyfriend BS everytime, and I just keep going and acting as if she didn't say anything. Even if it's true, every signal she sends indicates that she's willing to drop him anyway if you're the real deal.

Sh*t tests come in various forms, "you're too young/old", "I like girls", "you're not my type" and so on. Just brush these off and keep going.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#86 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Starks wrote:

That's called a sh*t test. Girls do this a lot, she's just throwing some curveball out there just to see how you'll react. Basically she's checking out your solidity, see if you can handle the situation, or if you are just going to lose your composure and fall apart.

I get that boyfriend BS everytime, and I just keep going and acting as if she didn't say anything. Even if it's true, every signal she sends indicates that she's willing to drop him anyway if you're the real deal.

Sh*t tests come in various forms, "you're too young/old", "I like girls", "you're not my type" and so on. Just brush these off and keep going.

Generally the best advice, although a good friend asked a woman who told him she had a boyfriend, "But you'd cheat on him with the right guy, right? "

As it turned out, she wouldn't cheat on her bf with my friend. :lol:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Starks
Veteran

Post#87 » by Starks » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:59 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Starks wrote:

Generally the best advice, although a good friend asked a woman who told him she had a boyfriend, "But you'd cheat on him with the right guy, right? "

Haha yeah you have to play it smooth though. That line was way too blatant and guilt-inducing to work.

One thing I always keep in mind when talking a girl into sleeping with me, is that she never wants to feel like she's responsible for anything that's happening. Plausible deniability. That's some real stuff there. No matter how into you she might be, if she's feeling too slutty in the process, you'll spend the night alone.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#88 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:03 pm

Starks wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Starks wrote:

Haha yeah you have to play it smooth though. That line was way too blatant and guilt-inducing to work.

One thing I always keep in mind when talking a girl into sleeping with me, is that she never wants to feel like she's responsible for anything that's happening. Plausible deniability. That's some real stuff there. No matter how into you she might be, if she's feeling too slutty in the process, you'll spend the night alone.

I think you're right for about 95% of the women out there. Unless you're looking for the sluttier 5%.

Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,624

Post#89 » by Lord Commander » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:05 pm

Starks
Veteran

Post#90 » by Starks » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:06 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Starks wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Generally the best advice, although a good friend asked a woman who told him she had a boyfriend, "But you'd cheat on him with the right guy, right? "

I think you're right for about 95% of the women out there. Unless you're looking for the sluttier 5%.

Yep, there's always a small number who'll go down and dirty real quick, and I thank them for that :D
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#91 » by Fat » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Nostrand Ave wrote:
Greenie wrote:

I understand complimenting their smile, eyes, hair, clothing, or fragrance. But generally complementing their looks (cute/handsome)? Hmm . . .

handsome is a word used to compliment ugly fellas with nice haircuts.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,615

Post#92 » by Gravy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Starks wrote:

Ooh sh*t tests are the worst. Especially all the mixed signals, I end up backing off sometimes instead of going through the obstacle course. Like some girls I know who will dm you all day on social media "good morning" "what ya doing now" etc, then when you see em in person be completely cold like they don't know you.
Starks
Veteran

Post#93 » by Starks » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Gravy wrote:
Starks wrote:

Ooh sh*t tests are the worst. Especially all the mixed signals, I end up backing off sometimes instead of going through the obstacle course. Like some girls I know who will dm you all day on social media "good morning" "what ya doing now" etc, then when you see em in person be completely cold like they don't know you.

yeah 100%, that's why I dislike virtual interactions with girls so much. Too damn deceiving. You can't figure out tone, body language, mood, no eye to eye contact, no nothing. I keep these to a minimum.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#94 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:51 pm

A little Presidential advice...

Grab her by the pussy.
:beer: RIP mags
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#95 » by Greenie » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Nostrand Ave wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Is that not the same thing really?

I don't see the issue. I personally get a kick out of seeing grown men blush. :lol:
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#96 » by Nostrand Ave » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:47 pm

Quick update, some other chick gave me her number on a piece of paper. We were both interested initially but once we got to know each other it just didn't work out. I've also been approaching other chicks but nothing panned out yet.

Anyway, question, what do you think about waving or putting a hand up to notion "hi" to a random chick? Sometimes I'm in a situation where theres traffic and I just want to get a chick's attention. Is that a weak approach?
The Bronx
Junior
And1: 142

Post#97 » by The Bronx » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:38 am

Nostrand Ave wrote:We chatted for like 5 minutes and I got her number. I called the next day and got voice mail and left a message. 2 days later (yesterday) I texted her and no response. So I've pretty much moved on. But just for future references, did I mess up? I want some constructive criticism.

That was your mistake right there.

You always give it at least 2 days, you don't want to seem to desperate.

By the way, what did you text her?
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,553

Post#98 » by The KnicksFix » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:06 am

3 day wait rule?? wha? i think we all abide by the 24 hour wait rule, and if that doesnt work, 24 hour wait again lmao

Return to New York Knicks