ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Did I do something wrong when approaching this chick?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NightbreeD
Sophomore
And1: 88

Re: OT: Did I do something wrong when approaching this chick? 

Post#41 » by NightbreeD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Guano wrote:realgm knicks forum is one of the last places on this sh*tty planet I would come to for advice on females.

You're right. The last place would probably be the Raptors forum.

viewtopic.php?t=1532449
ophdog
Rookie
And1: 716

Post#42 » by ophdog » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:19 pm

You called and texted too many times my man can't come off thirsty
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,634

Post#43 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Maybe you should do "the opposite"? :dontknow:

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#44 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:39 pm

DaGawd wrote:That 3 day wait rule is bs..

Damn right. They want to hear from you right away so that they you they got you by the balls. :lol:

Then just start saying "yes" to everything she wants.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,373
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#45 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:25 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Damn right. They want to hear from you right away so that they you they got you by the balls. :lol:

Some girls have this weird fetish. They don't have what you think they do between their legs - it's really an ATM deposit slot.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#46 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:43 pm

BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Some girls have this weird fetish. They don't have what you think they do between their legs - it's really an ATM deposit slot.

:lol: BKlutch keeping it real.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#47 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:57 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Well you see, I was a kid when I married my ex wife. I thought that was what was supposed to be there. At the divorce, the label on it changed to "Put all your money here, then walk away. All future earnings can be deposited by mail."

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Starks
Veteran
And1: 408

Post#48 » by Starks » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:01 pm

Nostrand Ave wrote:I was checking out this check at some eatery. But I got zero eye contact or response. She left and that was over. But all of a sudden I got a strong sense another chick was checking me out. I looked over but I couldn't get a sense of how she looked from my vantage point. So I decided to leave to the rest room and while leaving out the door I could check her out. I went into the restroom and after 5 mins left and there she was and she said "Hi" while smiling at me. She was cute. So I left the store. And walking outside the store, I was like "wait, let me approach." I felt strong vibes that she was interested in me. So I waited for her outside the store. Bad move right there? Is that creepy?

Anyway, she came out the store and I approached. We chatted for like 5 minutes and I got her number. I called the next day and got voice mail and left a message. 2 days later (yesterday) I texted her and no response. So I've pretty much moved on. But just for future references, did I mess up? I want some constructive criticism.

OK I didn't read any reply so I might be repeating a previous answer but still:

This one is easy as it gets: case was over as soon as you left the venue only to wait for her outside. Why? cause by doing this you basically conveyed all the wrong signs nearly every girl picks up, consciously or not.

Here are the signs (not saying you're like this in real life, just what she probably felt): she says hi and you leave? you're a guy who crumbles under pressure and run away from tension. You ended up waiting for her outside? so not only do you lack confidence and spontaneity, but you're also hesitant when it comes to your decision making as a man.

All of those traits just turns a woman off, there's no way around it, and trust me they can see through us like it's second nature. Even moreso the cute ones.

Not to mention, thinking too much in this type of situation just makes you more nervous than you'd be if you were to act spontaneously. You might have said some weird/awkward things to her because you acted kind of needy.

That's my take anyway, nothing that can't be fixed for the next time :)
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

OT: Did I do something wrong when approaching this chick? 

Post#49 » by Paradise » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:05 pm

That's pretty normal but perhaps she sensed you wanted to say something by going outside.

I'm 24 and although, I'm now committing myself to the long term relationship. I've gotten a kick out of making chicks think I'm trying to get their number when in reality it's just exploring how far you can take a situation by making a girl think he isn't a dick. Some girls just expect men to be bad or players so they play them before they get played.

Sometimes, I like to be the guy that protects the big booty chick from getting catcalled by simply walking over and asking to be her pretend boyfriend until she passes that uncomfortable group and then jokingly ask for compensation like a number or Instagram handle. She's young so I assume she did that to boost her own ego.

Sometimes, it's a creative and brazen approach that works. I don't believe in a 3 day rule either and most girls will respect it even if it doesn't turn into anything serious.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#50 » by Nostrand Ave » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Starks wrote:
Nostrand Ave wrote:I was checking out this check at some eatery. But I got zero eye contact or response. She left and that was over. But all of a sudden I got a strong sense another chick was checking me out. I looked over but I couldn't get a sense of how she looked from my vantage point. So I decided to leave to the rest room and while leaving out the door I could check her out. I went into the restroom and after 5 mins left and there she was and she said "Hi" while smiling at me. She was cute. So I left the store. And walking outside the store, I was like "wait, let me approach." I felt strong vibes that she was interested in me. So I waited for her outside the store. Bad move right there? Is that creepy?

Anyway, she came out the store and I approached. We chatted for like 5 minutes and I got her number. I called the next day and got voice mail and left a message. 2 days later (yesterday) I texted her and no response. So I've pretty much moved on. But just for future references, did I mess up? I want some constructive criticism.

This one is easy as it gets: case was over as soon as you left the venue only to wait for her outside. Why? cause by doing this you basically conveyed all the wrong signs nearly every girl picks up, consciously or not.

Here are the signs (not saying you're like this in real life, just what she probably felt): she says hi and you leave? you're a guy who crumbles under pressure and run away from tension. You ended up waiting for her outside? so not only do you lack confidence and spontaneity, but you're also hesitant when it comes to your decision making as a man.

All of those traits just turns a woman off, there's no way around it, and trust me they can see through us like it's second nature. Even moreso the cute ones.

Not to mention, thinking too much in this type of situation just makes you more nervous than you'd be if you were to act spontaneously. You might have said some weird/awkward things to her because you acted kind of needy.

I was supposed to start talking to her as she was about to enter the restroom? I don't understand this.
Starks
Veteran

Post#51 » by Starks » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Nostrand Ave wrote:
Starks wrote:

I was supposed to start talking to her as she was about to enter the restroom? I don't understand this.

Well I don't know exactly how things unfolded, where she was, who she was with, was she moving, etc, so I can't go into details here, but you most likely should have reacted on the spot when she acknowledged you, in one way or another, just to start building on the fact that she talked and smiled to you. That's as far as most women will go to express their interest to you, so from there on you have to act quick to start building interaction right away. It can be anything, it doesn't have to be a sophisticated and complex strategy, it could just be a silly joke, a phrase, a mere smile and start saying something to her. Play with the environment, use anything. If she is indeed interested, she'll follow along. At the very least you were spontaneous and showed confidence, which enables you to resume the interaction after she comes out of the restroom, WITHOUT leaving the store first.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#52 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:33 pm

BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Some girls have this weird fetish. They don't have what you think they do between their legs - it's really an ATM deposit slot.

Well you see, I was a kid when I married my ex wife. I thought that was what was supposed to be there. At the divorce, the label on it changed to "Put all your money here, then walk away. All future earnings can be deposited by mail."

It's a hard lesson some of my friends and family went threw too. I was always a little leery myself, obviously. I just saw too many miserable couples.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,402

Post#53 » by Guano » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:46 pm

NightbreeD wrote:
Guano wrote:realgm knicks forum is one of the last places on this sh*tty planet I would come to for advice on females.

viewtopic.php?t=1532449

i'm impressed
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Starks
Veteran

Post#54 » by Starks » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:49 pm

NightbreeD wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=1532449

Oh f***
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#55 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:52 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

It's a hard lesson some of my friends and family went threw too. I was always a little leery myself, obviously. I just saw too many miserable couples.

When you're first starting out, the sign on the deposit slot reads, "Deposit whatever is most valuable here." Only later on does that sign change to reveal its true meaning!

Glad you were more careful. But now I'm married to a very good caring woman who is also fun. Yay!

Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#56 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:16 pm

The only thing, is not picking up interest when she said "hi". Everything else was good
Imageceltics
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#57 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:19 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Maybe you should do "the opposite"? :dontknow:

Assistant to the traveling secretary of the NYknicks. I got the job by cursing out Dolan!
Imageceltics
symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#58 » by symbiotic » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:23 pm

Look on the bright side.

You live in the CITY (I presume) where you can meet 5-30 more at any given moment. You don't live in a small **** town where the bars are 99% men from Sunday to Thursday and where men who graduated MUST do online dating until they move somewhere else when they can then meet someone in person.

Go to Coney Island RIGHT NOW (or next time you're rested) and work your magic. Talk to the girl sitting next to you in the N/R/Brighton Line train and say "excuse me", and ask her if she has a good phone/music player.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#59 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:35 pm

symbiotic wrote:Look on the bright side.

You live in the CITY (I presume) where you can meet 5-30 more at any given moment.

Go to Coney Island right now and work your magic. Talk to the girl sitting next to you in the N/R/Brighton Line train and ask her if she has a good phone/music player.

Symbiotic is right...

I'm going spiritual for a minute...the universe sends messages to all of us...what we need to do is pay attention to these messages...they come from other people or some times you get premonitions. Us guys sometimes rate women like Knick fans rate THJ or Sessions or Baker for that matter. Meaning, we overrate them. If the woman we lust after or the one we eventually promote to significant other becomes part of our lives, then the universe has some say to this. Not talking about religion or God here. It's about being mindful. Fortunately you're young and you have plenty of conquests ahead of you...learn from the mistakes and the good that happens...you'll be a better person as a result.

Stop second guessing what you did or did not do. Just do a triage without the what ifs. Someone better will come along and you'll know it when it happens. Desperation is bad and women smell that a mile away...
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#60 » by Newyorknick94 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Nostrand Ave wrote:
Starks wrote:

Should've made her laugh and asked for her number before she went in.
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo

Return to New York Knicks