ImageImageImageImageImage

Noah Breaks Silence

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Re: Noah Breaks Silence 

Post#21 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:05 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:I love everything Noah says. He loves NY and lost confidence. He should be the leader of the Knicks locker room and be the veteran guy everyone else follows. I like what he said about the young bigs. He needs to get on KP and Willy. He should chew their ass out and mentor them.

I'll be very happy if he takes that roll.

This is how it's seen by me as well. This contract slot in time will become very very valuable. In 2 years time the current youthful core and any new additions, would have matured enough to really make a push. The coincidence will be money to add another free agent piece at this time.

In the interim, Noah can contribute BIG TIME in the continued development of our young bigs.
It is also fate that Noah has a very talented and high ceiling 18yo in who happens to be French.

Frank Ntilikina will develop that swag early on with Noah's intensity and combativness. In this sense the Knicks are in a good way, having Noah patroling the sidelines.

those are some serious rose colored glasses you got

Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#22 » by Dantares » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Noah has to play with shooters and people that like to move without the basketball. Noah with melo and derrick rose was a terrible combination. Even with porzingis he was an odd fit because if Noah tried to play to his strength and catch the ball from the high post and make plays the spacing was off because kp likes to float on the perimeter as well.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,639

Post#23 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:38 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:3 more years -_-

Only 2 more years and then he becomes "an expiring contract." :D
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#24 » by Phish Tank » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:40 pm

Noah's done. Nothing more he can do except teach Willy how to play defense and teach KP how to pass the ball. Noah can teach them the fundamentals of defense, even tho he's lost a step.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#25 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:13 pm

A beautiful "puff piece" from a declining athlete who cannot accept the fact he cannot play to the level of his generous contract.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,950

Post#26 » by BigShot Bojan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:22 pm

louieOrr wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
malik959 wrote:So true, he really needs to bring it if he wants to win some fans.

he can't bring it though. you're asking a man to outperform what his body is currently capable of. he's trying. he just is unable.

He should just retire then and have some honor. We shouldn't have to buy him out. Phil is a dumazz, but Noah knows damn well he cant fulfil anything close to his contract.

Talking all that chit about being a New Yorker and redemption that he cant back up
uhhh buyout is the far better scenario...retiring unless it's traumatic injury it's still on the books..
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,506

Post#27 » by Iron Mantis » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:50 pm

I forgot he even plays for the Knicks.
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#28 » by fatalogic » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Damn some of you have no empathy at all. He got offered 71 million and he took it. Good front offices don't offer bad contracts in the first place.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#29 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:17 pm

fatalogic wrote:Damn some of you have no empathy at all. He got offered 71 million and he took it. Good front offices don't offer bad contracts in the first place.

Agreed.

Except I don't have to respect a man who talks a better game than he plays.

The SAME front office largely intact after the hiring/firing or resigning (not to be confused with re-sign) of team Presidents keeps making the SAME mistakes.

I don't mind people hating on Phil but this garbage has gone on long before he came to town.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,373
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#30 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Noah could retire, forsaking the money due on his contract. I can't imagine he cares about Knicks fans enough to do that.

Noah could accept a buyout for 50% on the dollar, and then work as big man and defensive coach for $1/year. Still hurts our cap, but not as much.

Noah could possibly beat out Kornet for the 3rd spot at center (assuming we'd trade KOQ), add minimal value on the floor, do some serious coaching, and then get traded as an expiring contract in his last year. That means we'd have only 2 years to pay him.

I'd like the first option. Maybe we could even arrange for the spirit of Mother Theresa to convince him to be saintly. But if that doesn't work, I suspect the third option is most likely.

Sad thing is, I can't hate this guy, even though I hate his contract.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#31 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:35 pm

malik959 wrote:Haven't seen this posted, but Noah blames himself for Phils firing.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/19/joakim-noah-breaks-silence-with-fiery-vows-and-phil-jackson-regret/

https://www.podcastone.com/the-truth-barrel

I've always loved his heart and although he was signed to a ridiculous contract I was excited that he was brought to NY. I'm hoping that he could make a decent come back, now I don't expect for him to live up to his contract for that would be a ridiculous expectation, sense it shouldn't have been that high in the first place, but we basically paid for the name.

he's the best

its a crying shame his body is breaking down because his intensity, leadership, defensive skills and personality are the closest thing to Oakley we've seen in this league in years
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,111

Post#32 » by Tron Carter » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:35 pm

louieOrr wrote:Talk is cheap

that contract aint. GEE, THANKS PHIL!
R.I.P Black Mamba
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,307

Post#33 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Phish Tank wrote:Noah's done. Nothing more he can do except teach Willy how to play defense and teach KP how to pass the ball. Noah can teach them the fundamentals of defense, even tho he's lost a step.

That's the only positive I see. He will be more of a vocal leader. Both KP and Billy...and even KOQ could learn from him on the defensive side of the ball. I hate to see him falling apart...for 3 more years but...that and the ridiculous contract are not going to change. Just get what we can out of him. He knows what's up. He'll accept that role. He'll most likely be injured most of the time anyway.
:beer: RIP mags
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,211

Post#34 » by Kampuchea » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:41 pm

I like Noah on the team for his attitude and leadership. If you're going to overpay at least it's not for a team cancer.

Future Defense coach IMO.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,639

Post#35 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:42 pm

After reading these 2 pages of comments, I'm so glad I decided not to post this.

Thanks Mecca! :lol:
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#36 » by N Y K » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:A beautiful "puff piece" from a declining athlete who cannot accept the fact he cannot play to the level of his generous contract.

i don't think you listened to the interview
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,030

Post#37 » by Capn'O » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Jorkim Noar is awesome. It's too bad he's breaking/broken down.

100% agree that the best hope is that he takes a buyout and joins on as a coach. Otherwise, he's likely headed for a stretch in the summer of 2019.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,956

Post#38 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Amsterdam wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:
E
This is how it's seen by me as well. This contract slot in time will become very very valuable. In 2 years time the current youthful core and any new additions, would have matured enough to really make a push. The coincidence will be money to add another free agent piece at this time.

In the interim, Noah can contribute BIG TIME in the continued development of our young bigs.
It is also fate that Noah has a very talented and high ceiling 18yo in who happens to be French.

Frank Ntilikina will develop that swag early on with Noah's intensity and combativness. In this sense the Knicks are in a good way, having Noah patroling the sidelines.

those are some serious rose colored glasses you got

No Sir.
My glasses are not rose colored but a shade of orange and blue.

Every off season they go on and for around 30 years straight.
;)

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,686

Post#39 » by shtolky » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Capn'O wrote:Jorkim Noar is awesome. It's too bad he's breaking/broken down.

100% agree that the best hope is that he takes a buyout and joins on as a coach. Otherwise, he's likely headed for a stretch in the summer of 2019.

Couldn't agree more. I would be absolutely stunned if we don't stretch him in summer '19, especially with that FA class. Instant 13m dollar cap relief.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#40 » by magnumt » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:14 pm

louieOrr wrote:Talk is cheap

...But not his contract! :eyebrows:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6