ImageImageImageImageImage

Noah Breaks Silence

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Re: Noah Breaks Silence 

Post#61 » by Adelheid » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:16 am

TankCommander17 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
JXL wrote:I don't blame him for the contract. Fkn Phil.

I blame him for lying about his physical conditioning during the season. He fell off the wagon after 3 weeks. He should've been upfront about how he was physically otherwise he wouldn't be in this mess.

Now the Knicks have to blame themselves and Phil for jumping on his broken body and giving him that stupid contract. If it was 2+1 with a lower payout, I would turn the other cheek, but this is ignorant franchise malpractice. Now they're stuck with him for 3 more years (cause all the money is guaranteed).

The Knicks have team doctors that cleared him and deemed his fine to sign. They did the same with STAT...

I think they had the information from the Suns doctors that he wouldn't hold up but Donnie felt he couldn't come out of that free agency empty handed. But if they did clear him they should all be fired.

I do think Phil totally ignored Noah's injury risk/potential because he sees Jo as his end-all-be-all Center. Also the reason for the high contract.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#62 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:31 am

Adelheid wrote:
I do think Phil totally ignored Noah's injury risk/potential because he sees Jo as his end-all-be-all Center. Also the reason for the high contract.

Also because Noah is the pefect Center for the Triangle.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#63 » by TankCommander17 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:11 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Adelheid wrote:

Also because Noah is the pefect Center for the Triangle.

Was. He is crippled now.
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,909

Post#64 » by matchman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:01 pm

I got it now, this thread's purpose is to remember how good Phil was to the franchise.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#65 » by King of Canada » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:22 pm

I just want him to show up and contribute
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#66 » by Greenie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:37 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
JXL wrote:I don't blame him for the contract. Fkn Phil.

I blame him for lying about his physical conditioning during the season. He fell off the wagon after 3 weeks. He should've been upfront about how he was physically otherwise he wouldn't be in this mess.

Now the Knicks have to blame themselves and Phil for jumping on his broken body and giving him that stupid contract. If it was 2+1 with a lower payout, I would turn the other cheek, but this is ignorant franchise malpractice. Now they're stuck with him for 3 more years (cause all the money is guaranteed).

The Knicks have team doctors that cleared him and deemed his fine to sign. They did the same with STAT...

I think they had the information from the Suns doctors that he wouldn't hold up but Donnie felt he couldn't come out of that free agency empty handed. But if they did clear him they should all be fired.

I believe it was a mix. He was cleared plus Donnie wanted somebody after he placed all of his eggs in that FA basket.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#67 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:35 pm

I'm one of the few that don't think Noah was as bad as fans were making him out to be and i do still think he has more left in the tank. He's obviously overpaid but can still bring a lot to the team on and off the court. He's never gonna be the J.Noah he was when they were a top team in the NBA but he absolutely can still help us as long as he stays healthy. When you have a guy like him that gives the energy he gives on the court and from the sidelines it rubs off on the other players. When they see how he gives everything he has they'll hopefully follow suit and do the same. I'm rooting big time for Noah to just give us a good 20 minutes a night, i know 20 minutes a night isn't worth $17 mil per but the fact that he's overpaid has already been established.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#68 » by Pharmcat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:25 pm

will go down as one the worst signing in the history of the league. 18 million per year for a old broke down player in a position that is being deemphasized and you already have two young prospects there. Just another prime example of the joke Phil Jackson was.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#69 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Traditionally the New York Knicks play 5 on 5 basketball on offense and 1 vs 5 on defense.

Tyson Chandler was often left out there on his own. It worked well enough to get him Defensive Player of the Year but it's not a long term solution.

Similarly Joakim Noah was expected to be that 1 vs 5 goalie but he's not.

Now, here's the rub...can DJ Jazzy Jeff Hornacek devise a defensive scheme that incorporates TEAM defense instead of watching Noah, KP, and other big men forced to look like fools as teams dance around them?
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#70 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:20 pm

3 more years of this overpaid bum...

part of me feels sorry for him, but I hate that he's on this team collecting checks
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#71 » by BadNewsBarnes » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Traditionally the New York Knicks play 5 on 5 basketball on offense and 1 vs 5 on defense.

1 vs 8 on defense if you count the officials...
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,712

Post#72 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Pharmcat wrote:will go down as one the worst signing in the history of the league. 18 million per year for a old broke down player in a position that is being deemphasized and you already have two young prospects there. Just another prime example of the joke Phil Jackson was.

OMG a Parmcat siting. Where you been?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,712

Post#73 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:18 pm

Here's a solid "Noer" game for us against D12 and the Hawks.

reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#74 » by reub » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:53 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Here's a solid "Noer" game for us against D12 and the Hawks.

Noah was playing matador defense even before he got hurt last season. I can still remember a lot of games where the team went on big runs just as soon as he left the court. However, in limited minutes against a few of the bruisers in the league he can serve a purpose.
battabing10
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#75 » by battabing10 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:04 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Here's a solid "Noer" game for us against D12 and the Hawks.

couple things: first, a third to half those rebounds were of the empty-calorie uncontested sort, in other words cheap. he seemed to be getting pushed around, so he's either (1) weak, or (2) his feet and knees are hurting badly, or (3) a bit of each. so he really doesn't add much on the rebounding front, and he seems slower-footed than a couple of years ago, running and laterally for defense.

second, however, and this is crucial to his value on the floor: his passing remains elite and if hornacek wants to squeeze value out of him he should be playing noah with as many "receivers" as possible, meaning rollers and cutters who can catch a noah bounce pass in traffic. that to me is the issue: can hornacek make the most positive use of noah as a passer?? and who are the top 4 players with whom he can work, assuming they are all going to be good enough defenders as well to cover noah's deficiencies.

here are mine: kp6 and o'quinn join noah in the front court, with hardaway and baker/frenchie at in the backcourt. in other words, eight minutes in o'quinn comes in for melo and noah comes in for whg. i am assuming either baker or frenchie are starting or coming off these bench for one another. no interest in sessions atm. kp6, o'quinn, noah, baker (or frenchie), hardaway.

that's a big lineup, guys with a good combination of soft hands, finishing ability, and defensive intensity. maybe a good breaking team too. i'd love to see some fast breaks from the knicks for a change. that's part of winning with youth.

that said, maybe the rest will have given him a new lease. providing noah is *healthy,* if i'm hornacek i play him 22 minutes a night whether he starts or comes off the bench.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer

Post#76 » by TankCommander17 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:30 pm

I think we can all agree it was a terrible signing. Phil was a terrible gm. And now we have a lot of his bad decisions still haunting us. There is no light at the end of the tunnel with Noah. He is in our roster and it is what it is.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,045

Post#77 » by Sark » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:36 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:I think we can all agree it was a terrible signing. Phil was a terrible gm. And now we have a lot of his bad decisions still haunting us. There is no light at the end of the tunnel with Noah. He is in our roster and it is what it is.

TankCommander, the Noah signing keeps us in a better position to tank though.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer

Post#78 » by TankCommander17 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:39 pm

Sark wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:I think we can all agree it was a terrible signing. Phil was a terrible gm. And now we have a lot of his bad decisions still haunting us. There is no light at the end of the tunnel with Noah. He is in our roster and it is what it is.

I like how you think soldier. All aboard the Tank!!!!
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,045

Post#79 » by Sark » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:59 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
Sark wrote:

I like how you think soldier. All aboard the Tank!!!!

Card carrying member since 2014.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#80 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:31 am

battabing10 wrote:

couple things: first, a third to half those rebounds were of the empty-calorie uncontested sort, in other words cheap. he seemed to be getting pushed around, so he's either (1) weak, or (2) his feet and knees are hurting badly, or (3) a bit of each. so he really doesn't add much on the rebounding front, and he seems slower-footed than a couple of years ago, running and laterally for defense.

second, however, and this is crucial to his value on the floor: his passing remains elite and if hornacek wants to squeeze value out of him he should be playing noah with as many "receivers" as possible, meaning rollers and cutters who can catch a noah bounce pass in traffic. that to me is the issue: can hornacek make the most positive use of noah as a passer?? and who are the top 4 players with whom he can work, assuming they are all going to be good enough defenders as well to cover noah's deficiencies.

here are mine: kp6 and o'quinn join noah in the front court, with hardaway and baker/frenchie at in the backcourt. in other words, eight minutes in o'quinn comes in for melo and noah comes in for whg. i am assuming either baker or frenchie are starting or coming off these bench for one another. no interest in sessions atm. kp6, o'quinn, noah, baker (or frenchie), hardaway.

that's a big lineup, guys with a good combination of soft hands, finishing ability, and defensive intensity. maybe a good breaking team too. i'd love to see some fast breaks from the knicks for a change. that's part of winning with youth.

that said, maybe the rest will have given him a new lease. providing noah is *healthy,* if i'm hornacek i play him 22 minutes a night whether he starts or comes off the bench.

You do know that getting uncontested rebounds is a normal thing in basketball and every center/player gets many of them every single game right??

Return to New York Knicks