ImageImageImageImageImage

Has Phil been at all vocal about his firing?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,375
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Has Phil been at all vocal about his firing? 

Post#21 » by BKlutch » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:37 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
GONYK wrote:Yea, I don't recall hearing Phil was anything but fired.

GREAT sequence of events:
1. Guarantee Phil's last 2 years
2. Phil does Draft
3. Phil Phired, after dissing KP, etc.
4. Mills signs THJr
5. Then they decide to hire a GM.

So, Phil enjoys his $24M to sit on a chaise by the lake. He says, "I dream of Jeannie."

I think Phil dissed KP before the draft. Phil not only did the draft but then got to sign undrafted players. I believe the last one was Artis who Phil signed 4 days before Dolan fired him. What I want to know is, what happened in those intervening 4 days?

You're right, I didn't mean to imply he dissed KP only after he was guaranteed his 2 years. He was ugly to Melo and KP for a while. I also have no idea what happened during those 4 days, but I somehow find it hard to believe that they hadn't been talking about Phil leaving for a while. It doesn't seem likely that Dolan said to Phil, "By the way, today you're out" without a buildup to the firing, so soon after guaranteeing his money. Could it be that Phil told him off after he was guaranteed, or they just had a big blowup that never leaked to the media?

Or Dolan found that the only reason Jeannie was still courting Phil was to spy on the Knicks? :lol:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,051

Post#22 » by GONYK » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:38 am

BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:GREAT sequence of events:
2. Phil does Draft
4. Mills signs THJr

So, Phil enjoys his $24M to sit on a chaise by the lake. He says, "I dream of Jeannie."

I think Phil dissed KP before the draft. Phil not only did the draft but then got to sign undrafted players. I believe the last one was Artis who Phil signed 4 days before Dolan fired him. What I want to know is, what happened in those intervening 4 days?

You're right, I didn't mean to imply he dissed KP only after he was guaranteed his 2 years. He was ugly to Melo and KP for a while. I also have no idea what happened during those 4 days, but I somehow find it hard to believe that they hadn't been talking about Phil leaving for a while. It doesn't seem likely that Dolan said to Phil, "By the way, today you're out" without a buildup to the firing, so soon after guaranteeing his money. Could it be that Phil told him off after he was guaranteed, or they just had a big blowup that never leaked to the media?

Or Dolan found that the only reason Jeannie was still courting Phil was to spy on the Knicks? :lol:

Reportedly, the straw that broke the camel's back was Phil wanting to buy out Melo
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#23 » by BKlutch » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:42 am

GONYK wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Reportedly, the straw that broke the camel's back was Phil wanting to buy out Melo

If that's the case, Phil was smart to disclose that after he got he two years guaranteed. If he really wanted to buy out Melo, he wasn't thinking clearly or thinking of the team's interests.

I wouldn't be shocked to learn one day that after getting his $$, Phil decided to fuqq with Dolan and didn't care what Dolan did.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,647

Post#24 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:44 am

GONYK wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

That's right. :lol: You want to get Dolan to fire you, i.e. the GM, just mention buying out players. That's what got Brown fired. And then after he was gone, they started getting rid of the players he wanted bought out. smh/lol
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Re: Has Phil been at all vocal about his firing? 

Post#25 » by reub » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:28 am

KP sunk Phil. Dolan sees him as his future meal ticket and couldn't allow Phil to mess with it.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#26 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:41 am

Dantares wrote:
ChilledAlex wrote:Phil is venting through Rosen. Threw **** at everyone on Knicks :lol:

didn't understand why rosen kind of trashed baker though. i get that kp and willy were on melo's side but baker considered phil a friend and he was one of the few players that was fully committed to the triang;e. why would they call him a back-up pg when he could very well someday become a eric snow, kirk hinrich type pg if he can just improve his jumper.

Why do you expect somebody to not call somebody a backup PG, when they are a backup PG?

Its not a knock on Baker. He knows he needs to improve. But right now....He is a backup PG. And lucky the Knicks gave him the chance to be one.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#27 » by Dantares » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:56 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Dantares wrote:
ChilledAlex wrote:Phil is venting through Rosen. Threw **** at everyone on Knicks :lol:

didn't understand why rosen kind of trashed baker though. i get that kp and willy were on melo's side but baker considered phil a friend and he was one of the few players that was fully committed to the triang;e. why would they call him a back-up pg when he could very well someday become a eric snow, kirk hinrich type pg if he can just improve his jumper.

Why do you expect somebody to not call somebody a backup PG, when they are a backup PG?

Its not a knock on Baker. He knows he needs to improve. But right now....He is a backup PG. And lucky the Knicks gave him the chance to be one.

I believe his words were "a back-up PG at best". i took it to mean that is what he thought of bakers ceiling.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#28 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:13 am

Dantares wrote:I believe his words were "a back-up PG at best". i took it to mean that is what he thought of bakers ceiling.

Ahh I gotcha. Its kind of how I view him also. I think all NBA players have the ability/potential to be a starter in the league, but 9/10 wont be able to. If you think about it... Ron Baker has already been a starter in this league so..

But I think on a championship/playoff team..He isn't a starting PG. but I could be wrong and I hope I am.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#29 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:00 am

I hear he's been doing nothing but screaming at the prairie dogs and coyotes.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Isiahthomass
Bench Warmer
And1: 830

Re: Has Phil been at all vocal about him being fired? 

Post#30 » by Isiahthomass » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:16 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
Read on Twitter

Guy got what he wanted.

He should have stuck wads of hundred dollar bills in between his toes for good measure.
WesleyExChiFan
Starter
And1: 1,014

Post#31 » by WesleyExChiFan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:54 am

Isiahthomass wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
Read on Twitter

Guy got what he wanted.

He should have stuck wads of hundred dollar bills in between his toes for good measure.

Not pictured: Fat joint burning in his off hand
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#32 » by dakomish23 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:36 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
GONYK wrote:
BKlutch wrote:You're right, I didn't mean to imply he dissed KP only after he was guaranteed his 2 years. He was ugly to Melo and KP for a while. I also have no idea what happened during those 4 days, but I somehow find it hard to believe that they hadn't been talking about Phil leaving for a while. It doesn't seem likely that Dolan said to Phil, "By the way, today you're out" without a buildup to the firing, so soon after guaranteeing his money. Could it be that Phil told him off after he was guaranteed, or they just had a big blowup that never leaked to the media?

That's right. :lol: You want to get Dolan to fire you, i.e. the GM, just mention buying out players. That's what got Brown fired. And then after he was gone, they started getting rid of the players he wanted bought out. smh/lol

I still remember that year. We won six in a row I think and everyone was thinking here comes the surge we expected with Brown.

Then we went back to a dumpster fire :lol:

Dolan needs to implement a small ego rule with his hirings. No more guys who will be willing to let the ship sink just to prove they're right. Give me all the no name dudes who just want to do their job well.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Post#33 » by zappafrank » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:20 am

BKlutch wrote:
GONYK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
I think Dolan already had agreed to pay Phil for the last two years. Oops. :noway:
Yea, I don't recall hearing Phil was anything but fired.

2. Phil does Draft
4. Mills signs THJr

whenever someone says "I dream of Jeannie." I always think of this:
http://thumbnails115.imagebam.com/47749/c784eb477484076.jpg
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,647

Post#34 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:25 am

zappafrank wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
GONYK wrote:Yea, I don't recall hearing Phil was anything but fired.

2. Phil does Draft
4. Mills signs THJr

True. And then I think of this:
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#35 » by Besart19 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:09 am

ChaosHamster wrote:
Read on Twitter

Guy got what he wanted.

Dolan bought his silence by opting in his final two years of the contract.

24M are enough to keep your mouth shut!
Strength and Honour!
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Re: RE: Re: Has Phil been at all vocal about his firing? 

Post#36 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:03 pm

:banghead:
GONYK wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:He probably has a gag order as part of his buyout package. I doubt he can say anything critical until the end of his contract.
Was Phil bought out?

He wasn't bought out, but there's still a strong possibility that his contract has a gag order in it.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#37 » by BKlutch » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:59 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
zappafrank wrote:
BKlutch wrote:GREAT sequence of events:
2. Phil does Draft
4. Mills signs THJr

True. And then I think of this:

She was the only woman (when she looked like in that picture)that my father and I both found incredibly attractive. She acted like crap in that show, but as a mature woman, she seemed very bright and retained her beauty into her older age.

NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,357

Post#38 » by NoStatsGuy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:34 am

^fk phil
im bout dat action boss
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,158

Post#39 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:42 pm

reub wrote:KP sunk Phil. Dolan sees him as his future meal ticket and couldn't allow Phil to mess with it.

Phil sunk Phil. Incompetent is the nicest word I can use to describe him.

Return to New York Knicks