ImageImageImageImageImage

Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Re: Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition 

Post#1161 » by King of Canada » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:32 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
King of Canada wrote:I'm going to Knicks Rockets Nov 1st. On the fence about which team I want to see Melo on.

I don't want him on the Knicks bit...he most likely will be.

I want a crack at one more lottery pick. The higher the better. With Melo here, I think that we will be closer to a playoff team than a lottery team.

Our PG rotation is the key. If Frank can prove to be a starting quality guard right away or, if Baker gets his shooting up and gives us anything this team is not that bad. Sessions is a backup at best. It's the kids that are crucial to how good/bad this team will be. Melo adds wins to that most likely.

Going to be a difficult season for me if Melo is still here. I won't root for losing and I won't truly enjoy winning with him being a big part of it...unless we can be a tough out in the playoffs Bittersweet. If he's not part of the future...I would rather him not be the focus of what we are doing. If we can win with him as the 2nd/3rd option, cool. I don't see him willing to be that guy.

I agree with you. I'm only on the fence due to the entertainment value of being at the game where it's either Melos first game back or he torches the Rockets.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,033

Post#1162 » by Reign23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:41 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:At this point, if he's a Knick, I want him to do well.

I've always wanted him to do well. Phil wanted him to do well. Everybody wants him to do well. But he won't change his style of play to suit what's best for the team. Will he agree to come off the bench as a 6th man if that's what the team wants? I've never heard him say anything close to "I'll do whatever is needed to help the team win." Never.

lol. just ask sark and bnO :lol:
formerly known as knickst4pe
Reign23
RealGM

Post#1163 » by Reign23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Reign23 wrote:damn, I need a melo hoodie!

looks fresh but they charging $70 just for one lol

yeah I just ordered this knicks hoodie instead. :wink:

http://www.nbastore.eu/stores/nba/en/product/new-york-knicks-47-core-knockaround-hoodie---mens/188353
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Post#1164 » by moocow007 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:58 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
John Murdoch wrote: Howd that go with Iverson lol? You gotta realize these former stars would rather be out of the league than come off the bench . Even guys like Wade getting bought out still think they are top 3 at their position

You're probably right. That's why I would be absolutely amazed if the Knicks actually even tried to suggest Anthony coming off the bench. Dont' see it. If Anthony is still with the team (and I expect he will) I expect him to start.

What could he do if Jeff decided that it was best for the team and for Melo that he come off the bench? Refuse to play? :D Even better! Ask for a trade? Even mo' better.

Dolan is paying him $27 million this year. Dolan isn't going to be ok with sitting him or bringing him off the bench unless it's warranted (him playing like crap). As far as what's best for the team? Look, the Knicks are a crap team. Anthony is still their best and most productive player. There is no justification to sit him that will play well with the players association and, as an extension, the players. The Knicks need to make this team and organization a place that players want to play in. If they sit him or bench him for no cause it's going to be obvious that they are punishing him to get him to waive the NTC they gave him. That will not play well no matter how much folks want to make Anthony squirm or suffer a little. (a lot). They need to live with that mistake (NTC) try to be professional look to move him within the realm of remaining professional. They don't need to turn this divorce into a circus. If Anthony wants to be the bad guy then great. But the Knicks don't need to come off as the bad guy here.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#1165 » by Sark » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Reign23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:At this point, if he's a Knick, I want him to do well.

I've always wanted him to do well. Phil wanted him to do well. Everybody wants him to do well. But he won't change his style of play to suit what's best for the team. Will he agree to come off the bench as a 6th man if that's what the team wants? I've never heard him say anything close to "I'll do whatever is needed to help the team win." Never.

lol. just ask sark and bnO :lol:

Living in your mind, rent free :lol:
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#1166 » by ChaosHamster » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 pm

I'am official down on Melo for Anderson straight up.

Talk for couple of days before the training camp starts. If you can get Rockets to add a 2nd - great, no - do the deal.

I've been saying just getting rid of Melo would already be a positive to this rebuilding team.

Taking back a negative asset? Well, then you have to think about it, explore other options.

NOW SEASON STARTS IN 20 DAYS. Its clear Melo just wants the Rockets, but Morey is not dumb to throw some serious assets for him. (And Rockets don't even have anything that valuable).

Its freaking time. You aren't getting a batter deal.

AND NO, just keeping Melo is a freaking terrible idea. He is staying for two years, ruining draft stock and taking shots away form the young guys. Anderson is just on the books shooting a casual three or two and not ruining anything..

Waiting might work out if Rockets start slow and decided Melo is a missing piece, and throw in a first or something. BUt more realistic scenario is fresh-early-season-KP+Melo duo, start the year like 8-10, and those couple of wins then drop the Knicks out of top5 pick.

JUST DO THE DEAL.

ShiaLabeoufJustdoIT.gif
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Post#1167 » by moocow007 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:21 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:I'am official down on Melo for Anderson straight up.

Talk for couple of days before the training camp starts. If you can get Rockets to add a 2nd - great, no - do the deal.

I've been saying just getting rid of Melo would already be a positive to this rebuilding team.

Taking back a negative asset? Well, then you have to think about it, explore other options.

NOW SEASON STARTS IN 20 DAYS. Its clear Melo just wants the Rockets, but Morey is not dumb to throw some serious assets for him. (And Rockets don't even have anything that valuable).

AND NO, just keeping Melo is a freaking terrible idea. He is staying for two years, ruining draft stock and taking shots away form the young guys. Anderson is just on the books shooting a casual three or two and not ruining anything..

Waiting might work out if Rockets start slow and decided Melo is a missing piece, and throw in a first or something. BUt more realistic scenario is fresh-early-season-KP+Melo duo, start the year like 8-10, and those couple of wins then drop the Knicks out of top5 pick.

JUST DO THE DEAL.

ShiaLabeoufJustdoIT.gif

They'd be better off just buying Anthony out. The last thing you need is for Hornacek to start giving Anderson big minutes cause he might be able to help him win and (in the process) save his job. That would be a better option than trading for Anderson if the Knicks feel that Anthony will impact their tanking, development, whatever.

The options from best to worst are:

Trade Anthony for some sort of positive asset
Buy Anthony out
Trade Anthony for Ryan Anderson
louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#1168 » by louieOrr » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:26 pm

JUST DO THE DEAL.

ShiaLabeoufJustdoIT.gif

God no. That's a loosing proposition. We have to stop loosing. We loose on FO deals, we loose on the court. We don't earn respect we aren't going to get it. Doing that deal with Morey will make us a laughingstock. I don't want to cut our nose despite our face, but you cannot ever do that deal.

Bottom line he works for the Knicks right now. He needs to do as asked, for the best of the team. If he wont do that, only then do you consider cutting his minutes. If some don't understand that he's benched for insubordination, which is the appropriate term for not following company directive then so be it. People capable of critical, unbiased thinking will understand.

Ride it out till the end. Knicks must do right on their end, and Melo must do right on his. If either party is out of line, acts maliciously or unprofessionally, then they will experience the effect of that.

That's the way it should be
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,295

Post#1169 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:32 pm

No way do you take on trash. That's insane. Ryan Anderson for Melo STRAIGHT UP? :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:

Melo will expand his list before he stays here for 2 years. I would rather wait it out than do something that bad. That's just crazy.
:beer: RIP mags
Reign23
RealGM

Post#1170 » by Reign23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:23 pm

JUST DO THE DEAL.

ShiaLabeoufJustdoIT.gif

no way you are serious here :noway:
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant

Post#1171 » by ChaosHamster » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:35 pm

louieOrr wrote:

JUST DO THE DEAL.

ShiaLabeoufJustdoIT.gif

God no. That's a loosing proposition. We have to stop loosing. We loose on FO deals, we loose on the court. We don't earn respect we aren't going to get it. Doing that deal with Morey will make us a laughingstock. I don't want to cut our nose despite our face, but you cannot ever do that deal.

Bottom line he works for the Knicks right now. He needs to do as asked, for the best of the team. If he wont do that, only then do you consider cutting his minutes. If some don't understand that he's benched for insubordination, which is the appropriate term for not following company directive then so be it. People capable of critical, unbiased thinking will understand.

Ride it out till the end. Knicks must do right on their end, and Melo must do right on his. If either party is out of line, acts maliciously or unprofessionally, then they will experience the effect of that.

That's the way it should be

The last thing Knicks should worry about is their face. You better be a laughing stock, but do the right thing.

Of course all those other options are better.

Wait for better package? Again, it seems Melo is lock set on either Houston or NY. There will be no better package from Houston.

Buy him out? Better than trading for RyNo for sure. But they already said they are not gonna buy him out. Phil was allegedly fired for thinking about doing it.

Just benching/cutting his minutes. Seems like the best option. He doesn't hurt the tank, and is forced to at least think about expanding his list. But it will also create another **** storm of drama in the media, and after all could let to nothing.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1172 » by Thugger HBC » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:49 pm

Melo is set on Houston because CP3 is there. There is no need to take a crap deal, none whatsoever.

Melo isn't gonna wanna stay here and rack up L's at the rate we're gonna get em. :lol:

Melo hasn't played in a playoff game since May 2013. I do think that matters some to him, but hey if he stays...eventually we will get some rather nice cap room and wont have to take on **** deals.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,037

Post#1173 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:55 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:I'am official crazy.

fixed
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1174 » by dakomish23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:57 pm

JUST DO THE DEAL.

ShiaLabeoufJustdoIT.gif

That is a terrible way to run a franchise. You should know because you saw it first hand.

If we had gotten assets for Tyson / Shump, instead of using them to dump Felton / JR, who knows where this team would of been right now.

No more terrible deals just because this organization is ready to move on from someone.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant

Post#1175 » by ChaosHamster » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:02 pm

dakomish23 wrote:

f

That is a terrible way to run a franchise. You should know because you saw it first hand.

If we had gotten assets for Tyson / Shump, instead of using them to dump Felton / JR, who knows where this team would of been right now.

No more terrible deals just because this organization is ready to move on from someone.

Completely different situations.

You can't get anything for Melo.

He wants to go to one team, which doesn't have/doesn't want to give anything for him.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,037

Post#1176 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:05 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

f

He wants to go to one team, which doesn't have/doesn't want to give anything for him.

So don't get anything for him. Let him walk for free at the end of the season and recoup the cap space.

That is way better than taking on Anderson for $60M
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1177 » by dakomish23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:06 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

f

The end result is the same. No more dumping guys for garbage just to dump them.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,971

Post#1178 » by Capn'O » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:17 am

I wish Houston hadn't traded Dekker
BAF Clippers