ImageImageImageImageImage

Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Dunk93
Junior
And1: 176

Re: Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition 

Post#1181 » by Dunk93 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:54 am

Lmao @ Chris Smith the charity case.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1182 » by King of Canada » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:59 am

GONYK wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
That is a terrible way to run a franchise. You should know because you saw it first hand.

If we had gotten assets for Tyson / Shump, instead of using them to dump Felton / JR, who knows where this team would of been right now.

No more terrible deals just because this organization is ready to move on from someone.

Completely different situations.

You can't get anything for Melo.

He wants to go to one team, which doesn't have/doesn't want to give anything for him.

So don't get anything for him. Let him walk for free at the end of the season and recoup the cap space.

That is way better than taking on Anderson for $60M

I think Melo's list will expand when the playoff picture gets clearer, but if he doesn't get traded it will be funny when he re-Ups after the season. We'll maybe not funny but not unexpected.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,885

Post#1183 » by GONYK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:05 pm

King of Canada wrote:
GONYK wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
Completely different situations.

You can't get anything for Melo.

He wants to go to one team, which doesn't have/doesn't want to give anything for him.

So don't get anything for him. Let him walk for free at the end of the season and recoup the cap space.

I think Melo's list will expand when the playoff picture gets clearer, but if he doesn't get traded it will be funny when he re-Ups after the season. We'll maybe not funny but not unexpected.

2 years of Melo are still better than 3 years of Ryan Anderson.

I don't think there is a circumstance where trading Melo for Anderson is worse than keeping Melo.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,060

Post#1184 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Trade Melo!
:beer: RIP mags
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,243

Post#1185 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:49 pm

whoops
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1186 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:49 pm

whoops
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1187 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:49 pm

Read on Twitter

The internet is weird.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#1188 » by blueNorange » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:51 pm

Reign23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:At this point, if he's a Knick, I want him to do well.

I've always wanted him to do well. Phil wanted him to do well. Everybody wants him to do well. But he won't change his style of play to suit what's best for the team. Will he agree to come off the bench as a 6th man if that's what the team wants? I've never heard him say anything close to "I'll do whatever is needed to help the team win." Never.

lol. just ask sark and bnO :lol:

it's not that i don't want him to do well, it's that the past 3 seasons his production has been dipping.

so he's not gonna do well because he's not good, so i'm not rooting for anything. he is what he is, a declining star.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,174

Post#1189 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:16 am

blueNorange wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
I've always wanted him to do well. Phil wanted him to do well. Everybody wants him to do well. But he won't change his style of play to suit what's best for the team. Will he agree to come off the bench as a 6th man if that's what the team wants? I've never heard him say anything close to "I'll do whatever is needed to help the team win." Never.

it's not that i don't want him to do well, it's that the past 3 seasons his production has been dipping.

so he's not gonna do well because he's not good, so i'm not rooting for anything. he is what he is, a declining star.

Can't argue with this.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1190 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:32 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Reign23 wrote:

Can't argue with this.

I would change not good to not AS good. I do agree with him though.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1191 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:13 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:it's not that i don't want him to do well, it's that the past 3 seasons his production has been dipping.

Can't argue with this.

His presence has messed up this team since day 1.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#1192 » by Sprewell4Three » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:36 am

Aren't you guys proud of yourselves ? You had a discussion for almost 3 months basically about nothing. Melo is still on this team..smh
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#1193 » by dakomish23 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:41 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Can't argue with this.

We are considered one of the worst and have been considered one of the worst franchises in sports for almost two decades.

His presence is not what messed this franchise up. I could understand, but disagree, if you said it didn't help how we got him or that he's hurting the team now. But we have been a dumpster fire for quite a while, save the 3 playoff seasons that occurred when he arrived.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#1194 » by blueNorange » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:12 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:Aren't you guys proud of yourselves ? You had a discussion for almost 3 months basically about nothing. Melo is still on this team..smh

yes and we know it's not because the knicks want to keep melo but because they just don't want anderson.

melo is still on the team but we know he's gonna have to find his role in the offense because kristaps is an alpha and thj/willy are his guys.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1195 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:15 am

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

We are considered one of the worst and have been considered one of the worst franchises in sports for almost two decades.

His presence is not what messed this franchise up. I could understand, but disagree, if you said it didn't help how we got him or that he's hurting the team now. But we have been a dumpster fire for quite a while, save the 3 playoff seasons that occurred when he arrived.

I'm passed blaming Melo for the trade that brought him here and raped us of our assets. And I don't blame Melo for getting the contract extension with the NTC and the trade kicker. I blame Dolan for all of that. For me, the bottom line is that his style of play sucks the life out of a team. I know you don't agree.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1196 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:16 am

blueNorange wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:Aren't you guys proud of yourselves ? You had a discussion for almost 3 months basically about nothing. Melo is still on this team..smh

yes and we know it's not because the knicks want to keep melo but because they just don't want anderson.

melo is still on the team but we know he's gonna have to find his role in the offense because kristaps is an alpha and thj/willy are his guys.

Melo is his guy too. We have a problem if KP defers to Melo when the season starts. That's another reason why I want Melo with the second unit.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1197 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:43 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I'm passed blaming Melo for the trade that brought him here and raped us of our assets. And I don't blame Melo for getting the contract extension with the NTC and the trade kicker. I blame Dolan for all of that. For me, the bottom line is that his style of play sucks the life out of a team. I know you don't agree.

It's rather obvious he was the wrong player to acquire at that high cost.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#1198 » by dakomish23 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:52 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Dad Melo has a place in the starting lineup. The gunner Melo from last year can come off the bench. I think we're more in agreement than you think. We both want the development of the kids as he priority.

Do you agree that we need to sell off some of the Lee, LFT etc for shorter contracts / assets / prospects? If we're going to be about the kids, let's do it all the way.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#1199 » by Carl_Karlson » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:06 pm

GONYK wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
GONYK wrote:

2 years of Melo are still better than 3 years of Ryan Anderson.

I don't think there is a circumstance where trading Melo for Anderson is worse than keeping Melo.

Ex mothaf*cking actly!

If all we're getting back is Anderson, then keep Melo, let him start, but give the youngin's lots of burn. Melo can get 25-29 mpg. Hope Melo gets his stock up (not likely but let's hope) and watch Frank, KP, and Big Willy develop. AT THE VERY LEAST, we have some young talent on the team to watch and make the season fun.

With all the talk and evidence of Melo's decline, I don't think Melo will push us to be outside of the top 5 worst teams. I think we end up with fifth worst and we get another young gun. Too bad Houston won't have money to sign Melo as a FA, but part of the fun will be watching Morey have to lose out on CP3 after the Rox underperform
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1200 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:18 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Dad Melo has a place in the starting lineup. The gunner Melo from last year can come off the bench. I think we're more in agreement than you think. We both want the development of the kids as he priority.

Do you agree that we need to sell off some of the Lee, LFT etc for shorter contracts / assets / prospects? If we're going to be about the kids, let's do it all the way.

Agreed with both.

Return to New York Knicks