ImageImageImageImageImage

Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,708

Re: Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition 

Post#1201 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:00 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
We are considered one of the worst and have been considered one of the worst franchises in sports for almost two decades.

His presence is not what messed this franchise up. I could understand, but disagree, if you said it didn't help how we got him or that he's hurting the team now. But we have been a dumpster fire for quite a while, save the 3 playoff seasons that occurred when he arrived.

I'm passed blaming Melo for the trade that brought him here and raped us of our assets. And I don't blame Melo for getting the contract extension with the NTC and the trade kicker. I blame Dolan for all of that. For me, the bottom line is that his style of play sucks the life out of a team. I know you don't agree.

Dad Melo has a place in the starting lineup. The gunner Melo from last year can come off the bench. I think we're more in agreement than you think. We both want the development of the kids as he priority.

Do you agree that we need to sell off some of the Lee, LFT etc for shorter contracts / assets / prospects? If we're going to be about the kids, let's do it all the way.

Looks like we are in agreement. :D

I think we can something nice for Lee, so I'll say "yes" to trading him. But for some reason, we haven't so far. Don't know what's up with that. LFT, on the other hand, I would keep. Lance works hard and has been through hard knocks. He can be a great example for the kids and we'll need a SF, if and when we trade Melo. I believe we need a couple/few vets on the team. I don't like to go with a roster comprised only of youth. I think it's good to have the right mix.

Who else you got in mind?
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,730

Post#1202 » by Handledatruth » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:13 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
I'm passed blaming Melo for the trade that brought him here and raped us of our assets. And I don't blame Melo for getting the contract extension with the NTC and the trade kicker. I blame Dolan for all of that. For me, the bottom line is that his style of play sucks the life out of a team. I know you don't agree.

Dad Melo has a place in the starting lineup. The gunner Melo from last year can come off the bench. I think we're more in agreement than you think. We both want the development of the kids as he priority.

Do you agree that we need to sell off some of the Lee, LFT etc for shorter contracts / assets / prospects? If we're going to be about the kids, let's do it all the way.

I think we can something nice for Lee, so I'll say "yes" to trading him. But for some reason, we haven't so far. Don't know what's up with that. LFT, on the other hand, I would keep. Lance works hard and has been through hard knocks. He can be a great example for the kids and we'll need a SF, if and when we trade Melo. I believe we need a couple/few vets on the team. I don't like to go with a roster comprised only of youth. I think it's good to have the right mix.

Just going to add that I agree with both of you. *Big hugz* This thread has come along way and looks like we are ready for training camp. Just to add, I want the youngins to see him as Dad Melo, but the opposing team needs to see Hoodie Melo. That would make my League Pass Subscription worthwhile.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1203 » by dakomish23 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:20 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I was thinking we can trade Lee & LFT for young perimeter players. There are win now teams that specifically need 3&D guys. Lee shot 40% and LFT somehow shot 45%. We know they at least attempt to play defense.

Two teams that come to mind are OKC and NOP. The prospects I like on those teams are Ferguson and Jackson. It's not that I'm sold on them being studs. I just think they're solid prospects to add to the youth movement. Maybe they work out. Maybe they don't.

My proposed deals:

Lee KOQ Kuz for Kanter Ferguson CHI 2nd

LFT for Ajinca Jackson

Out of the two, I'd prefer to move Lee. LFT only has 1 mil guaranteed for 19-20 while Lee is guaranteed 12.8. I'd prefer waiting till 2020, but if we can move Lee, we move up to 30+ in cap space in 2019. That's enough to snag a big name to supplement our core (assuming two more lottery picks in 18 & 19).

I agree you can't just have an all youth roster. We got Noah long term plus Sessions & Beasley for this year. We can always get vets on the cheap to help manage the locker room & guide the kids IMO.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,556

Post#1204 » by Guano » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:22 pm

HOLD THE F UP!

I just saw a **** FB post that victor oladipo and JJ Redick are going to make over 21m per year. That changes everything up in a Melo trade. We better get a strong package back if those role players are making just under what he is making. F out of here with a straight salary dump.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Post#1205 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:28 pm

Guano wrote:HOLD THE F UP!

I just saw a **** FB post that victor oladipo and JJ Redick are going to make over 21m per year. That changes everything up in a Melo trade. We better get a strong package back if those role players are making just under what he is making. F out of here with a straight salary dump.

Knicks killed whatever value melo had. We'd be lucky to get expiring contracts and a couple second rounders.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#1206 » by GONYK » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:35 pm

Melo's NTC will prevent us from getting the strongest package possible
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,708

Post#1207 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:01 am

GONYK wrote:

Those damn regulations strangling the free market!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#1208 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:02 pm

DaKnicksAreBack wrote:

Knicks killed whatever value melo had. We'd be lucky to get expiring contracts and a couple second rounders.

Wrong. Melo killed his own value by only wanting Houston.
:beer: RIP mags
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#1209 » by malik959 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:51 pm

Yeah Melo's defense on Early :noway: :noway: :noway: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,556

Post#1210 » by Guano » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:32 am

GONYK wrote:

I wasn't looking for a reasonable thought out response.

I was simply setting myself up with some unrealistic expectations so I could be disappointed in them not being met.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#1211 » by GONYK » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Guano wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I wasn't looking for a reasonable thought out response.

I was simply setting myself up with some unrealistic expectations so I could be disappointed in them not being met.

Ah, well then carry on :beer:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1212 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:40 pm

I was really hoping that we would hear rumbling this week about a trade happening. This stalemate looks like it's gonna drag on all year. Great.

Melo should be embarrassed that he used a NTC to stay in a rebuild that he didn't want and, that doesn't want him. Brilliant strategy. His demands have been met several times around here. Every time it was to the detriment of this team. His legacy in NY is one playoff round win...that's it. The rest is about how well he's done for himself and how little he's done for this team.

I can't wait to move on.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#1213 » by Dantares » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:56 pm

god I can't stand Morey. I hope we play Melo at the 4 and KP at the 5 with 3 guards to fill out the rest of the starting line-up and play speedball. make the playoffs then sign CP3 and lebron and give Morey middle finger.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,184

Post#1214 » by Capn'O » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Melo means **** business with that beard.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1215 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Dantares wrote:god I can't stand Morey. I hope we play Melo at the 4 and KP at the 5 with 3 guards to fill out the rest of the starting line-up and play speedball. make the playoffs then sign CP3 and lebron and give Morey middle finger.

The salary cap says no.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#1216 » by Dantares » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Dantares wrote:god I can't stand Morey. I hope we play Melo at the 4 and KP at the 5 with 3 guards to fill out the rest of the starting line-up and play speedball. make the playoffs then sign CP3 and lebron and give Morey middle finger.

The salary cap says no.

I'd stretch noah and trade Lee to make that sh.it work.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1217 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Dantares wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

The salary cap says no.

I'd stretch noah and trade Lee to make that sh.it work.

I'm sure you would but....that's still not enough.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1218 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:25 pm

malik959 wrote:
Yeah Melo's defense on Early :noway: :noway: :noway: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

You're part of the brigade that is looking into PICKUP GAMES far too much.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1219 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:27 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:I was really hoping that we would hear rumbling this week about a trade happening. This stalemate looks like it's gonna drag on all year. Great.

Melo should be embarrassed that he used a NTC to stay in a rebuild that he didn't want and, that doesn't want him. Brilliant strategy. His demands have been met several times around here. Every time it was to the detriment of this team. His legacy in NY is one playoff round win...that's it. The rest is about how well he's done for himself and how little he's done for this team.

I can't wait to move on.

How about how little the Knicks did for him? Surrounding him with quality players would have been nice.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1220 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:I was really hoping that we would hear rumbling this week about a trade happening. This stalemate looks like it's gonna drag on all year. Great.

I can't wait to move on.

How about how little the Knicks did for him? Surrounding him with quality players would have been nice.

I don't argue that. I spent years defending how many mistakes they made. It doesn't mitigate what his demands cost this team. He never made it easy to work with or build around him. The mistakes were compounded that fact. Not enough to work with or having to change direction because he refused to play SSOL.

The bidding war he forced to get his max contract. Not because he only wanted NYK. He wanted out of Denver and he wanted his money.
The coaching change he caused.
The FA trip he took that would have meant he left for nothing...but where he wanted to go couldn't afford him. So he took a NTC and ANOTHER Max plus kicker to stay.
Not willing to rebuild and wanting to win right now.
Not playing within the system again.
A GM went down trying to deal with him.

Sure...the Knicks are to blame for their part in all of it. That fact does not exempt Melo from any blame.

I want to move on from it all. We have a new GM and, a long overdue(DECADES) approach to rebuilding the team from the ground up. To develop the youth and add to it.

A title/playoff starved "alpha" does not fit into those plans. He's forcing himself into those plans as he tries to help Houston squeeze is into a bad trade. Yet another demand of his that is a detriment to this team....two fold.

Who knows what the future holds. Hell...Melo could take a back seat. Another Star could take a paycut to come here and make us a contender.

All I know is the past bunch of years...nothing good came out of it. Both parties are to blame. I want to move on. That means Melo needs to go without costing us anything. We need to gain from his trade or let him walk for free. At his expense. Enough already.

Return to New York Knicks