ImageImageImageImageImage

Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Re: Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition 

Post#1461 » by PeoplesChamp » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:39 am

ChaosHamster wrote:Why do people think if Melo is staying is just for a one year?

You know what Melo values the most? Money and living where he wants. NY gives him both.

Of course he can get like two or maybe even three year deal from some garbage team like Phoenix, but he is not going there. He will cash his 30mil and stay in NY.

I agree. And the people who are so certain he's going to opt out are basing it off what they want to see happen and not Melo's history or mentality.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#1462 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:03 am

PeoplesChamp wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:Why do people think if Melo is staying is just for a one year?

You know what Melo values the most? Money and living where he wants. NY gives him both.

Of course he can get like two or maybe even three year deal from some garbage team like Phoenix, but he is not going there. He will cash his 30mil and stay in NY.

I agree. And the people who are so certain he's going to opt out are basing it off what they want to see happen and not Melo's history or mentality.

Like I said before...buying him out if he is here and opts in...is miles better than taking Ryan Anderson. Also...he would risk being stuck here with his career on the downside when he wants to chase a ring. Just like ALL of his boys are doing. He's got plenty of money. He wants to win. Does anyone in the world think this team will be in the ECF or beyond in the next 2 years? He's not getting a max here either.

We also will be capped out with Melo here so...good luck adding to that if he thinks we could win. Just like the last 6 years. Remember THAT history? I bet he does.

If Melo wants to play chicken with his career...he'll stay and opt in and keep trying to squeeze this franchise for every dime. His legacy will be money over winning. His next contract could be a joke because of it. He could risk injury playing on a capped out, treadmill team. He will be blasted in the media. Will he want that? He'll expand his list before he goes through that.

We will see what happens. That's just the way I see it right now. Speculation is fun!
:beer: RIP mags
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,034

Post#1463 » by Capn'O » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:41 am

Is Jaylen Brown still available in this league because the Knicks should totally draft him.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#1464 » by NY2TheBay » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:56 am

Capn'O wrote:Is Jaylen Brown still available in this league because the Knicks should totally draft him.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,642

Post#1465 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:58 am

K-DOT wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Up to the 1-inch line. I can get a TD simply by being aroused now.

Need to get that close, huh?

I love this place
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#1466 » by ChaosHamster » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:33 am

Knickkilla wrote:Ye, F*CK Ryan Anderson

Well yeah, Melo could at least pretend he will go to Portland so Houston has an actual contender to beat.

Perhaps they will raise their offer..
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,581

Post#1467 » by mpharris36 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 am

PeoplesChamp wrote:

yeah I don't see him opting out if he stays. Because the only destination he is willing to leave to will only be able to offer him exception/league minimum money (rockets). So he isn't about hte ETO his almost 30 million dollar contract ot sign for like 6 or 7 million.

What other team would excercise his ETO for if he is only willing to play for the rockets?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#1468 » by Besart19 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:24 am

If Melo doesnt pressure of the Rockets by having at least one more team he would accept a trade, than he definitely plays a game where he wants to stay a Knick and close to his family.
Strength and Honour!
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#1469 » by Billy Goat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:26 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:

There's a 0% chance he opts out if he ends up staying(which looks likely). Free agency next year is loaded, which he'll want no part of...and he's due close to 30 million from the Knicks. Hopefully mid way through next year Houston(or somewhere else he'll agree to) saves us from ourselves and trades for him making it look like we got fair value.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Post#1470 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:46 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:

yeah I don't see him opting out if he stays. Because the only destination he is willing to leave to will only be able to offer him exception/league minimum money (rockets). So he isn't about hte ETO his almost 30 million dollar contract ot sign for like 6 or 7 million.

What other team would excercise his ETO for if he is only willing to play for the rockets?

Keeping Melo for 2 years or buying him out of his last season is still better than taking on Anderson for him
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,581

Post#1471 » by mpharris36 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:59 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:

Keeping Melo for 2 years or buying him out of his last season is still better than taking on Anderson for him

don't disagree with that. But it depends on if there is a 3rd team/what assets come back as well.

For example when Anderson is an expiring he will be a pretty easy contract to move in my opinion. I would really prefer (2 year deals or less). But yes as currently constructed Anderson needs to move to a 3rd team but I am willing to take a 3rd team contract back they don't want as long as it isn't a killer as well to get this deal done (assuming we get an asset or two).
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1472 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:04 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

don't disagree with that. But it depends on if there is a 3rd team/what assets come back as well.

For example when Anderson is an expiring he will be a pretty easy contract to move in my opinion. I would really prefer (2 year deals or less). But yes as currently constructed Anderson needs to move to a 3rd team but I am willing to take a 3rd team contract back they don't want as long as it isn't a killer as well to get this deal done (assuming we get an asset or two).

Well, it all depends on the assets coming back with the contract. 2 1sts? I'll consider it.

Otherwise, it shouldn't be our problem to find value for bad contracts when we are trading the best player in the deal.
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Post#1473 » by nykfan42 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:18 pm

What could have possibly changed in the last 2 months? Weren't they on the 1 yard line then? I think the other team would have regained possession of the ball by now and the game was over.
Make the Knicks great again!
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1474 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:26 pm

nykfan42 wrote:What could have possibly changed in the last 2 months? Weren't they on the 1 yard line then? I think the other team would have regained possession of the ball by now and the game was over.

The Rockets adding more assets or finding a better 3rd team is pretty much it
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#1475 » by Sark » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:27 pm

nykfan42 wrote:What could have possibly changed in the last 2 months? Weren't they on the 1 yard line then? I think the other team would have regained possession of the ball by now and the game was over.

They were at the 2 yard line, but Eli had the ball.
nykfan42
Head Coach

Post#1476 » by nykfan42 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Sark wrote:

That's great hahahha
nykfan42
Head Coach

Post#1477 » by nykfan42 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:37 pm

GONYK wrote:

The Rockets adding more assets or finding a better 3rd team is pretty much it

What assets would they add? I haven't seen a player mentioned in months besides Ryan Anderson.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#1478 » by TankCommander17 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:54 pm

GONYK wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:I am afraid we will start the season with Melo and this team will be better than expected and screw up the tank. Most of our starters from last year's terrible team are either gone or are bench players now. My fear is also that KP is going to make the 3 year leap and Hernangomez will be a ton better with more minutes in his 2nd year.

Watch us be in the playoff hunt by December and Melo stays. Then we get sweeped in the 1st round he leaves and the tank rules go into effect next year. Ugh. The life of a knick fan.

So you are a fan of ping pong balls, not actual young players developing

Huh? No. But Willy/KP are not winning us a title on their own. I am all for them making the leap. But who the **** cares if they make the leap if we can't win a title in the next 10 years with just them 2.

I want to win a title. That is the end goal. Yeah part of it is them developing. I am all up for that. But we don't have enough. We need more blue chippers. And the only way we will get that is through the draft.
Dollar
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#1479 » by Dollar » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:04 pm

Sark wrote:

And McAdoo couldn't find a play on his gigantic menu!
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#1480 » by ChaosHamster » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:28 pm

If its indeed is getting done.

Either Knicks softened down and are taking crap they didn't want to in the summer.

Or Rockets just want to get it over with, and are throwing in something more to have Melo from the start.

Return to New York Knicks