ImageImageImageImageImage

Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,915

Re: Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition 

Post#41 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:12 pm

HEZI wrote:
GONYK wrote:
HEZI wrote:
If he wanted to, but chances are he won't. Why would he walk away from 21 million dollars? No contender will have the cap space to sign him to that type of deal next summer, so why should he leave that money on the table? No reason for him to do it

So then there is no reason for the Knicks to buy him out. It's better to hold on to him and try and get an asset for him, since the only way he can get out of NY is via trade.

Isn't that what we've been trying to do for months now? We're not getting any assets for him unless we eat another big contract in return

Well, then I guess Melo isn't playing for the Houston Rockets. Unless he opens up his list of teams, he isn't playing for a contender, period.

It is up to him to decide if that is true for 1 season or 2.

The Knicks have made it clear that they are moving on either way.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#42 » by HEZI » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:15 pm

GONYK wrote:
HEZI wrote:
GONYK wrote:
So then there is no reason for the Knicks to buy him out. It's better to hold on to him and try and get an asset for him, since the only way he can get out of NY is via trade.

Isn't that what we've been trying to do for months now? We're not getting any assets for him unless we eat another big contract in return

Well, then I guess Melo isn't playing for a contender.

The Knicks can't move on as long as Melo dictates whether he stays or goes. Knicks can say they are moving on all they want, Melo holds the cards. If he wants to stay for 2 more years, well then that's what will happen
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#43 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:18 pm

HEZI wrote:
GONYK wrote:
HEZI wrote:

The Knicks can't move on as long as Melo dictates whether he stays or goes. Knicks can say they are moving on all they want, Melo holds the cards. If he wants to stay for 2 more years, well then that's what will happen

Sure, but that hurts him more than us.

He can stay in NY if he wants, but the Knicks have no obligation to feature him, build around him in any way, or even play him at all.

If that is how he chooses to spend his career until he's 35, more power to him. But if his goal is to play with his friends, staying in NY isn't getting him any closer.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: melo thread 6 - Updt PG. 34 (Woj Tweets: NYK & HOU Reengage)! 

Post#44 » by Greenie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:22 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:I don't recall seeing it last year. melo took the most shots by a wide margin AND shot worse than the majority of starters doing so. The offense was basically "do you", Jeff had no scheme whatsoever.

Just curious, what's the interest in him "staying fresh"?

He took less shots than the year before.

The interest would be to keep him performing and healthy so that a trade is still on the table possibly.

The bold is 100% wrong. :lol: he shot more on worse efficiency despite having D. rose heisting shots every chance he got.

Melo trade value isn't very good no matter how "fresh" he is. he's a declining player who's best skill is diminishing rapidly. If anything keeping him fresh helps the team he joins, which is why if it were me...he goes nowhere.

He can opt out at the end of the year if he wants to leave so bad.

My bad.

18.2 to 18.8

Which is down from 20.2 in 2014 and 21.3 in 2013...
HEZI
RealGM

Post#45 » by HEZI » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:24 pm

GONYK wrote:
HEZI wrote:
GONYK wrote:

He can stay in NY if he wants, but the Knicks have no obligation to feature him, build around him in any way, or even play him at all.

If that is how he chooses to spend his career until he's 35, more power to him. But if his goal is to play with his friends, staying in NY isn't getting him any closer.

The Knicks are more eager to move on without him than he is eager to leave. Something tells me he'll be alright, he's got friends on the Knicks, his teammates seem to really like him, Phil Jackson is no longer around, the checks are still coming in, his family is happy in NY, etc. I don't see how him staying hurts him more than the Knicks, but as far as the Knicks go well that another 2 years of Melo drama and that's terrible for an organization that is eager to move on and looking for a "culture change"
DENVER NUGGETS
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#46 » by Sark » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:25 pm

Greenie wrote:
Sark wrote:
Greenie wrote:It damn sure is because people keep calling for a player to go somewhere he doesn't want to and has the power not to all because the Knicks gave him a NTC. So now fans want to vilify and punish this player for exercising something given to him because it doesn't fit their fandom timeline.

Guess I should have hated STAT for fuqing up the cap. Oh wait, the dumb ass Knicks gave him that contract.

Guess we should hate Noah. Oh wait, the dumb ass Knicks gave him that contract.

The Knicks have been doing dumb **** all my life. When did you guys become fans because you all are really acting brand new with this Melo situation.

How could you hate STAT for messing up the cap? They had tons of cap space and no one to give it to, because Walsh couldn't get Lebron. Even after he signed they still had cap space left over. There's nothing to hate at all.

The same way people hate Melo for using his NTC. It was given to him and he's collecting.

Why didn't STAT retire?

No one should be mad at Melo for using his NTC. But at the same time, you shouldn't be upset if the Knicks decide to not treat him as nicely shall we say. It's not in the contract for them to do anything other than pay him. If they decide to reduce his minutes, or role, or not even play him, it's completely within their right to do so. As long as they pay him.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#47 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:28 pm

HEZI wrote:
GONYK wrote:
HEZI wrote:

The Knicks are more eager to move on without him than he is eager to leave. Something tells me he'll be alright, he's got friends on the Knicks, his teammates seem to really like him, Phil Jackson is no longer around, the checks are still coming in, his family is happy in NY, etc. I don't see how him staying hurts him more than the Knicks, but as far as the Knicks go well that another 2 years of Melo drama and that's terrible for an organization that is eager to move on and looking for a "culture change"

Knicks have moved on either way.

If what you are saying has even the slightest hint of truth, there would be buyout talks or Ryan Anderson would be a Knick. Hell, Phil might still be the Prez if that were true.

The Knicks have been emphatic in their response to buyout talks. It is an unequivocal rejection.

If Melo is fine being here on a team where he plays no real meaningful role, has no say on the direction of the team, has no shot of winning, and has no chance of playing with his banana boat compadres, then I guess there is no problem. Everyone is cool.

If the Knicks' marketing didn't make it clear enough, I'm betting the coach's reaction to Melo being shot happy or not playing D will remind him of his new place in the pecking order.
battabing10
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#48 » by battabing10 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:29 pm

Greenie wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:This is getting stupid.

It damn sure is because people keep calling for a player to go somewhere he doesn't want to and has the power not to all because the Knicks gave him a NTC. So now fans want to vilify and punish this player for exercising something given to him because it doesn't fit their fandom timeline.

Guess I should have hated STAT for fuqing up the cap. Oh wait, the dumb ass Knicks gave him that contract.

The Knicks have been doing dumb **** all my life. When did you guys become fans because you all are really acting brand new with this Melo situation.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1952947-flawed-ny-knicks-still-paying-dearly-for-carmelo-anthonys-original-sin
HEZI
RealGM

Post#49 » by HEZI » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:32 pm

GONYK wrote:
HEZI wrote:
GONYK wrote:

If what you are saying has even the slightest hint of truth, there would be buyout talks. There emphatically has not been.

If Melo is fine being here on a team where he plays no real meaningful role, has no say on the direction of the team, has no shot of winning, and has no chance of playing with his banana boat compadres, then I guess there is no problem. Everyone is cool.

If he cared about all that stuff then he wouldn't have resigned with the Knicks in the first place. It's not just about him playing with his friends, he wants to get paid while doing it. Right now, only one team is a realistic scenario for that to happen and that's Houston, if we can't get a deal done with Houston then he's not going anywhere.
DENVER NUGGETS
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#50 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:34 pm

HEZI wrote:
GONYK wrote:
HEZI wrote:

If what you are saying has even the slightest hint of truth, there would be buyout talks. There emphatically has not been.

If he cared about all that stuff then he wouldn't have resigned with the Knicks in the first place. It's not just about him playing with his friends, he wants to get paid while doing it. Right now, only one team is a realistic scenario for that to happen and that's Houston, if we can't get a deal done with Houston then he's not going anywhere.

Great :lol:

Nobody cares. Least of all, the Knicks.

Read on Twitter
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,979

Post#51 » by Besart19 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:36 pm

Noah, Lee and heavily protected first thag would convert to a 2nd for Cedi, Frye, RJ and Shump

We need cap relief more than Melo out!

Then, tank for Doncic and try to sign get Paul, Lebron, Westbrook, Wall, Giannis, George, Davis or Kawhi via FA...

Banana boat also a possibilty if Noah and Lee will get traded out and Melo opts out for then to be resigned with the 120% rule after you sign the other three first. :)

Paul/Frank/Baker
THJ/Wade/Dotson
Lebron/Doncic/Kuz
Melo/KOQ/Beasley
KP6/Willy/Kornet
Strength and Honour!
HEZI
RealGM

Post#52 » by HEZI » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:37 pm

GONYK wrote:
HEZI wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Read on Twitter

Just wait until the season starts, nobody will be talking about any of those guys. The media is going for the hot story and the hot story is Melo. From his teammates to his coaches to the GM's, everybody will be forced to answer questions about Melo. As long as he's still on the team, that's all what people will be focused on and talking about
DENVER NUGGETS
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#53 » by Greenie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:37 pm

Sark wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Sark wrote:

How could you hate STAT for messing up the cap? They had tons of cap space and no one to give it to, because Walsh couldn't get Lebron. Even after he signed they still had cap space left over. There's nothing to hate at all.

The same way people hate Melo for using his NTC. It was given to him and he's collecting.

Why didn't STAT retire?

No one should be mad at Melo for using his NTC. But at the same time, you shouldn't be upset if the Knicks decide to not treat him as nicely shall we say. It's not in the contract for them to do anything other than pay him. If they decide to reduce his minutes, or role, or not even play him, it's completely within their right to do so. As long as they pay him.

That's silly.

That's like saying if we don't trade him he has every right to dog it. No he doesn't
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#54 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:39 pm

HEZI wrote:
GONYK wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Read on Twitter

Just wait until the season starts, nobody will be talking about any of those guys. The media is going for the hot story and the hot story is Melo. From his teammates to his coaches to the GM's, everybody will be forced to answer questions about Melo. As long as he's still on the team, that's all what people will be focused on and talking about

So?

That, all of a sudden, is going to make the Knicks do something that Jim Dolan fired Phil Jackson and ate $24M for even suggesting?

I'm sure Perry is dying to have that conversation with Dolan :lol:
battabing10
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#55 » by battabing10 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:44 pm

Greenie wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:This is getting stupid.

It damn sure is because people keep calling for a player to go somewhere he doesn't want to and has the power not to all because the Knicks gave him a NTC. So now fans want to vilify and punish this player for exercising something given to him because it doesn't fit their fandom timeline.

LOL contracts are two way streets sugar-pie. Playing the innocent victim card is a laughable position at this stage of the game. He put $$$ above winning and now you encourage him to reap the whirlwind. That's love I guess. He might well may be remembered as a loser. stunning story
HEZI
RealGM

Post#56 » by HEZI » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:44 pm

GONYK wrote:
HEZI wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Read on Twitter

So?

That, all of a sudden, is going to make the Knicks do something that Jim Dolan fired Phil Jackson and ate $24M for even suggesting?

What do you mean so? We're not going to be making any progress as an organization. How are we supposed to properly build a new culture with these young kids in the midst of all that? You think KP is going to be happy that his buddy Melo isn't getting treated fair? Jeff Hornacek isn't even proven he can hold together a locker room, now we want to pretend like he can do with all while benching Melo? It's not gonna happen, things will get ugly. Just saying, prepare for another fun ride in Knicksland
DENVER NUGGETS
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: melo thread 6 - Updt PG. 34 (Woj Tweets: NYK & HOU Reengage)! 

Post#57 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:48 pm

Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:

He took less shots than the year before.

The interest would be to keep him performing and healthy so that a trade is still on the table possibly.

The bold is 100% wrong. :lol: he shot more on worse efficiency despite having D. rose heisting shots every chance he got.

Melo trade value isn't very good no matter how "fresh" he is. he's a declining player who's best skill is diminishing rapidly. If anything keeping him fresh helps the team he joins, which is why if it were me...he goes nowhere.

He can opt out at the end of the year if he wants to leave so bad.

My bad.

18.2 to 18.8

Which is down from 20.2 in 2014 and 21.3 in 2013...

It should go down, he's getting older, and obviously declining. But your original statement isn't true at all.

And that .8 is significant, it equates to 100 more threes despite playing 8 more minutes of action.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#58 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:51 pm

I really wish folks would be honest with this. If you want Melo to have a chance to win and the Knicks to take a garbage deal to make it possible, just say so. It would really establish where your sword stands, because right now it's rather obvious from reading some of the above post...that is exactly what some are desiring. Just be honest.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#59 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:51 pm

HEZI wrote:
GONYK wrote:
HEZI wrote:

So?

What do you mean so? We're not going to be making any progress as an organization. How are we supposed to properly build a new culture with these young kids in the midst of all that? You think KP is going to be happy that his buddy Melo isn't getting treated fair? Jeff Hornacek isn't even proven he can hold together a locker room, now we want to pretend like he can do with all while benching Melo? It's not gonna happen, things will get ugly. Just saying, prepare for another fun ride in Knicksland

Easy. Just treat Melo like any other player.

If he defends and plays within a team concept where he's no longer the first option then there won't be a problem. If he does neither, then he sits.

If the young guys can't appreciate that level of meritocracy, then there are bigger culture issues than Melo's presence.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#60 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:51 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:I really wish folks would be honest with this. If you want Melo to have a chance to win and the Knicks to take a garbage deal to make it possible, just say so. It would really establish where your sword stands, because right now it's rather obvious from reading some of the above post...that is exactly what some are desiring. Just be honest.

:nod:

Return to New York Knicks