ImageImageImageImageImage

Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,419
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition 

Post#641 » by BKlutch » Wed Sep 6, 2017 12:39 am

My largest concern is the development of the team. If Melo is here, can he be made to play within the offense we want? Or will he try to slow it down and do his thing? This is up to the coach, and last year, the coach was not up to dealing with this. Perhaps after all that's happened, Hornacek has been empowered to require him to play within a healthy offense, or sit Melo until he does. If Horny takes the attitude that we're paying him a lot, so we've got to accommodate him, and we have to start Noah for the same reason, I have a feeling there is going to be a fan revolt.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,739

Post#642 » by Handledatruth » Wed Sep 6, 2017 12:43 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Handledatruth wrote:
I'd be curious how you would respond if we were above .500 with Melo on the team next year. Above .500 and playing some solid basketball as a team. I'd personally be happy that I can finally watch my league pass without turning it off in the 3rd quarter. Not sure where you would stand.

I would just accept it without being happy. We need a top pick next year.

I get the entertaining part, and that's why I'm wishing for us to go 0-82 with us losing every game by 1 point. That'd make the games interesting and fun while piling up the losses.

How would I feel if he was here and we defied logic? :lol: I would be pissed. Treadmill team for an early exit and a non lottery draft pick? For what? Keep Melo happy again? Awesome.

The team is geared to rebuild. With the money given to Noah and Hardaway....if we keep Melo...who can we add to win a title next year? No one. So 2 years of treadmill team? Then we have to pay KP. Late rd picks are supposed to be our savior?

Good plan.

You laugh, but be prepared. This would be the time a player like KP puts it together. Check Dirk's career arc on the Mavericks for example.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nowitdi01.html

If the Knicks play well this year it will be because KP becomes a viable number 1 option and if Melo (assuming he stays) fits right into a 2/3 option, you may have something. You can't just disregard the improvement of the player like KP. If he comes back as the same player he was last year then I agree with your treadmill season assessment. However, does the improvement of a player like KP defy logic? Something to think about, that's all.
louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#643 » by louieOrr » Wed Sep 6, 2017 12:58 am

Handledatruth wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

I get the entertaining part, and that's why I'm wishing for us to go 0-82 with us losing every game by 1 point. That'd make the games interesting and fun while piling up the losses.

How would I feel if he was here and we defied logic? :lol: I would be pissed. Treadmill team for an early exit and a non lottery draft pick? For what? Keep Melo happy again? Awesome.

The team is geared to rebuild. With the money given to Noah and Hardaway....if we keep Melo...who can we add to win a title next year? No one. So 2 years of treadmill team? Then we have to pay KP. Late rd picks are supposed to be our savior?

Good plan.

You laugh, but be prepared. This would be the time a player like KP puts it together. Check Dirk's career arc on the Mavericks for example.

If the Knicks play well this year it will be because KP becomes a viable number 1 option and if Melo (assuming he stays) fits right into a 2/3 option, you may have something. You can't just disregard the improvement of the player like KP. If he comes back as the same player he was last year then I agree with your treadmill season assessment. However, does the improvement of a player like KP defy logic? Something to think about, that's all.

While its hard for me to picture Melo deferring to KP as the #1, I'm gonna have to agree that if that happened, and KP made that jump they could be pretty good and exceed expectations. Not to mention KP wants to win. I definitely don't see Championship material happening regardless so I think it still falls into the treadmill category.

If we do it the right way and build around him, maybe we can build a team that can be in the Championship conversation. History has shown Dolan will FK it up someway, somehow.

Its crazy though, because if your a Ranger fan, its hard to hate on him. I guess its apples and oranges.

For far too long the Knicks have been churning out mediocrity at best, complete dysfunction at worst. We deserve better.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,396

Post#644 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Sep 6, 2017 12:58 am

Handledatruth wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Good plan.

That was partially a joke. I went on to explain why him being here and us winning would bother me because we could be a playoff early exit etc. Making us a treadmill team. For what? Who do we get in FA that makes us a contender the following year? No one...most likely. How much less will Melo have in the tank? It's a bad idea to keep Melo and win with him. It's a dead end street. Then he opts in and plays the buyout game that Wade is playing?

Show me a realistic scenario where keeping Melo is better for the team. I'd love to hear one. Not best case scenario with a chain of what ifs.

I would prefer the team wins on the talent of the future. Not the last legs of the past.
:beer: RIP mags
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,630

Post#645 » by Billy Goat » Wed Sep 6, 2017 1:04 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Spoiler:
Billy Goat wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Stupid like a jackass more like. If he goes into the season on this team...He's as dumb as it gets.

Dude, he's due close to 60 million over the next two years. Look who's entering free agency next year- You think Carmelo wants any part of that with a guaranteed 30 mill coming from the Knicks? Be honest. You already know what his current value is from the Rockets.

Dude...if he's traded to say...OKC/POR he can STILL get his money. He can also compete in the playoffs and will be a big part of what they're doing. Helping with his personal milestones.

So he gets his stats...his money...and a winning team. Or...limited role. Limited minutes...losing team. But hey...he gets his money. He's a jackass at that point. He's also cementing his legacy as putting money over winning. Loser mentality. Real smart guy, huh?

Why would OKC or Portland give up anything of value when the going rate is Ryan Anderson?
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,739

Post#646 » by Handledatruth » Wed Sep 6, 2017 1:47 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Handledatruth wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Good plan.

That was partially a joke. I went on to explain why him being here and us winning would bother me because we could be a playoff early exit etc. Making us a treadmill team. For what? Who do we get in FA that makes us a contender the following year? No one...most likely. How much less will Melo have in the tank? It's a bad idea to keep Melo and win with him. It's a dead end street. Then he opts in and plays the buyout game that Wade is playing?

Show me a realistic scenario where keeping Melo is better for the team. I'd love to hear one. Not best case scenario with a chain of what ifs.

I would prefer the team wins on the talent of the future. Not the last legs of the past.

This is going to happen regardless. So what you have to wait an extra year (I doubt highly 2) to have a team full of youngins. As for being a treadmill team, young teams need to be in winning situations to develop a winning culture. Otherwise you end up like Minnesota with talented players losing games. Even Thibs is going to need an extra year (and Jimmy Butler) to potentially fix that mess. Again if the Knicks play well it will take a pretty impressive season from KP and I won't complain even if it leads to a first round exit.
louieOrr
Sixth Man

Post#647 » by louieOrr » Wed Sep 6, 2017 1:48 am

Billy Goat wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Spoiler:
Billy Goat wrote:
Dude, he's due close to 60 million over the next two years. Look who's entering free agency next year- You think Carmelo wants any part of that with a guaranteed 30 mill coming from the Knicks? Be honest. You already know what his current value is from the Rockets.

Dude...if he's traded to say...OKC/POR he can STILL get his money. He can also compete in the playoffs and will be a big part of what they're doing. Helping with his personal milestones.

So he gets his stats...his money...and a winning team. Or...limited role. Limited minutes...losing team. But hey...he gets his money. He's a jackass at that point. He's also cementing his legacy as putting money over winning. Loser mentality. Real smart guy, huh?

Why would OKC or Portland give up anything of value when the going rate is Ryan Anderson?

Thankfully this is not the going rate. This is merely what was unreasonably offered by swine. It will never be accepted thus it is not the going rate.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,166

Post#648 » by mpharris36 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 1:49 am

Read on Twitter
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
louieOrr
Sixth Man

Post#649 » by louieOrr » Wed Sep 6, 2017 1:53 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

LZ Granderson sounds like Kermit the Frog

and whats up with dudes granny sweaters?
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,397

Post#650 » by Tron Carter » Wed Sep 6, 2017 2:04 am

not clicking on a video featuring leather face michelle beadle
R.I.P Black Mamba
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,471

Post#651 » by DOT » Wed Sep 6, 2017 2:09 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#652 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Sep 6, 2017 2:31 am

2 weeks!!! LOL
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#653 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Sep 6, 2017 2:33 am

336 hours!!!
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,837

Post#654 » by BowlRips » Wed Sep 6, 2017 2:44 am

Delete
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,333

Post#655 » by GEOLINK » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:19 am

BowlRips wrote:A buddy of mine spoke to Melo this weekend..
Melo told him he hates Jim Dolan, hates the organization and thought the Knicks were stupid not to trade KP for Kyrie Irving.
Melo said he really wants to go to Houston but at this point he does not expect it to happen..

No BS. Buddy of mine is seriously connected

Hi, this Melo.

Your buddy is gonna get cut off.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,837

Post#656 » by BowlRips » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:24 am

GEOLINK wrote:
BowlRips wrote:

Hi, this Melo.

Good call. Deleted original. Can you delete yours
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#657 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:25 am

BowlRips wrote:Delete

We need to see underwear or it didn't happen! Is your buddy Dan Patrick by any chance? 6+7=13?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#658 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:27 am

GEOLINK wrote:
BowlRips wrote:A buddy of mine spoke to Melo this weekend..
Melo told him he hates Jim Dolan, hates the organization and thought the Knicks were stupid not to trade KP for Kyrie Irving.
Melo said he really wants to go to Houston but at this point he does not expect it to happen..

Hi, this Melo.

:lol:
Dkillanyk4lyf
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,625

Post#659 » by Dkillanyk4lyf » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:29 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

#BELIEVEINWILEY!!!!!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#660 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Sep 6, 2017 3:35 am

Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

#BELIEVEINWILEY!!!!!

I wish I could. I do not. He just dropped the bomb? A Wiley bomb? Has he ever dropped anything?

Return to New York Knicks