ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested 

Post#161 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:37 am

Polk377 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Yes you are right about that. I am hoping Hahn's show can be a go to for Knicks and basketball talk in general. I trust his insight on the team since I know he is on the inside. I thought the Stephen A Smith Show could be that show but it seems all he is interested in now is sports politics and race baiting.

Hahn ain't **** either.

Lol who would you want talking basketball than Greenie?

Nobody on the radio. That's for sure.
They don't know ****. I should host a damn show.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,346

Post#162 » by Phish Tank » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:40 am

Greenie wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Everyone you just named is straight trash talking about basketball. They are all clueless as fuq and say **** just to piss fans off.

Yes you are right about that. I am hoping Hahn's show can be a go to for Knicks and basketball talk in general. I trust his insight on the team since I know he is on the inside. I thought the Stephen A Smith Show could be that show but it seems all he is interested in now is sports politics and race baiting.

Hahn ain't **** either.

the best Knicks basketball personalities ain't on the radio anymore. They all have an online presence via podcasts and/or blogs (i.e. Patreon, etc)
Greenie
RealGM

Post#163 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:41 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Everyone you just named is straight trash talking about basketball. They are all clueless as fuq and say **** just to piss fans off.

Yes you are right about that. I am hoping Hahn's show can be a go to for Knicks and basketball talk in general. I trust his insight on the team since I know he is on the inside. I thought the Stephen A Smith Show could be that show but it seems all he is interested in now is sports politics and race baiting.

I don't get what the big deal about Kap not being on a team is... Tebow made the playoffs with Denver and was considered to be too much to carry on a roster. Kap can't keep a low profile. Back up QB's are meant to be seen and not heard and he can't help himself from making one bizarre stunt after another. But nah, it's because of race... Show me other players who wear Castro stuff... If you are gonna be a knucklehead you better be REALLY good. He isn't. EDIT: Relative to NFL starting QB's I mean. Obviously even the worst NFL QB is freakishly good by human standards... but his level of attention seeking would require him being a top 15QB in the league... which he isn't.

Jay Cutler starts....
Who starts for the Jets again?

That's why this becomes a problem in many black peoples eyes.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#164 » by Polk377 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:42 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

I don't get what the big deal about Kap not being on a team is... Tebow made the playoffs with Denver and was considered to be too much to carry on a roster. Kap can't keep a low profile. Back up QB's are meant to be seen and not heard and he can't help himself from making one bizarre stunt after another. But nah, it's because of race... Show me other players who wear Castro stuff... If you are gonna be a knucklehead you better be REALLY good. He isn't.

Exactly. People forget that just because you can play doesn't give you a privilege to do and say whatever you want that adversely effects your employer. The NFL doesn't owe him shyt!
Polk377
General Manager

Post#165 » by Polk377 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:43 am

Greenie wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Greenie wrote:Hahn ain't **** either.

Lol who would you want talking basketball than Greenie?

Nobody on the radio. That's for sure.
They don't know ****. I should host a damn show.

Your profanities would cost the station way too much money. Maybe on unfiltered radio :D
Polk377
General Manager

Post#166 » by Polk377 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:45 am

Greenie wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Yes you are right about that. I am hoping Hahn's show can be a go to for Knicks and basketball talk in general. I trust his insight on the team since I know he is on the inside. I thought the Stephen A Smith Show could be that show but it seems all he is interested in now is sports politics and race baiting.

I don't get what the big deal about Kap not being on a team is... Tebow made the playoffs with Denver and was considered to be too much to carry on a roster. Kap can't keep a low profile. Back up QB's are meant to be seen and not heard and he can't help himself from making one bizarre stunt after another. But nah, it's because of race... Show me other players who wear Castro stuff... If you are gonna be a knucklehead you better be REALLY good. He isn't. EDIT: Relative to NFL starting QB's I mean. Obviously even the worst NFL QB is freakishly good by human standards... but his level of attention seeking would require him being a top 15QB in the league... which he isn't.

Jay Cutler starts....

I don't get the Jay Cutler sucks narrative either. He hasn't exactly had the best supporting cast around him in Chicago and a terrible offensive line.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#167 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:46 am

Polk377 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

I don't get what the big deal about Kap not being on a team is... Tebow made the playoffs with Denver and was considered to be too much to carry on a roster. Kap can't keep a low profile. Back up QB's are meant to be seen and not heard and he can't help himself from making one bizarre stunt after another. But nah, it's because of race... Show me other players who wear Castro stuff... If you are gonna be a knucklehead you better be REALLY good. He isn't.

Exactly. People forget that just because you can play doesn't give you a privilege to do and say whatever you want that adversely effects your employer. The NFL doesn't owe him shyt!

Of course they don't. Him standing up for civil rights costing him a job is noted though.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#168 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:48 am

Polk377 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Jay Cutler starts....

I don't get the Jay Cutler sucks narrative either. He hasn't exactly had the best supporting cast around him in Chicago and a terrible offensive line.

Cutler isn't a good player. Bottom line.

Plus, your argument can be used for Kap too. Who the hell was he throwing too? Offensive line? Running backs? Exactly.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#169 » by Polk377 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:52 am

Greenie wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Of course they don't. Him standing up for civil rights costing him a job is noted though.

It is not his job to stand up for civil rights. I am not saying it is a bad thing that he is but when you bring your private agenda into the workplace your employer does not have to freely endorse it. If he wants to blame anyone it is the media that hyped it up to the point of distraction. They don't give a damn about Kappernick but will push the narrative for their leftist agenda.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#170 » by Polk377 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:56 am

Greenie wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Greenie wrote:Jay Cutler starts....

Plus, your argument can be used for Kap too. Who the hell was he throwing too? Offensive line? Running backs? Exactly.

Kap is nothing special. He is a middle of the line QB. Is he better than guys like Bortles, Geoff, and Hoyer? Sure but no one is questioning his talent as to why he isn't signed because we all know why.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#171 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:58 am

Polk377 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Exactly. People forget that just because you can play doesn't give you a privilege to do and say whatever you want that adversely effects your employer. The NFL doesn't owe him shyt!

It is not his job to stand up for civil rights. I am not saying it is a bad thing that he is but when you bring your private agenda into the workplace your employer does not have to freely endorse it. If he wants to blame anyone it is the media that hyped it up to the point of distraction.

Many athletes use their platforms to send a message. To actually bring attention to something that concerns them. Kap did so. Saying it's not his place to me as a woman of color is a slap in the face directly. I truly hope you hold the same stance on ANY athlete on ANY issue. Tell them all to shut up and play.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#172 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:01 am

Polk377 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Polk377 wrote:I don't get the Jay Cutler sucks narrative either. He hasn't exactly had the best supporting cast around him in Chicago and a terrible offensive line.

Kap is nothing special. He is a middle of the line QB. Is he better than guys like Bortles, Geoff, and Hoyer? Sure but no one is questioning his talent as to why he isn't signed because we all know why.

That's why there is a problem. How is this hard to understand? Black folks are not feeling as to why he's not signed. We all know it's not football reasons. Mofo's will beat a female damn near to death, kill(hi Ray), steal or rob and still keep a job in the NFL. Let a dude stand up for civil rights and he's shunned.

It's a modern day n*** rule. He's being told to fall in line.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#173 » by Polk377 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:04 am

Greenie wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

It is not his job to stand up for civil rights. I am not saying it is a bad thing that he is but when you bring your private agenda into the workplace your employer does not have to freely endorse it. If he wants to blame anyone it is the media that hyped it up to the point of distraction.

Many athletes use their platforms to send a message. To actually bring attention to something that concerns them. Kap did so. Saying it's not his place to me as a woman of color is a slap in the face directly. I truly hope you hold the same stance on ANY athlete on ANY issue. Tell them all to shut up and play.

What does you being a black woman have anything to do with this Greenie? Don't bring identity politics into this discussion please. I am not here to make it a Black, White or Brown thing. This is strictly about what is acceptable on the field and on national television vs social media and off the field actions. The fact that it turned a lot of their fanbase off seeing him take a knee during the anthem was enough for them not to employ him. It is as simple as that.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#174 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:07 am

Polk377 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Polk377 wrote:It is not his job to stand up for civil rights. I am not saying it is a bad thing that he is but when you bring your private agenda into the workplace your employer does not have to freely endorse it. If he wants to blame anyone it is the media that hyped it up to the point of distraction.

What does you being a black woman have anything to do with this Greenie? Don't bring identity politics into this discussion please. I am not here to make it a Black, White or Brown thing. This is strictly about what is acceptable on the field and on national television vs social media and off the field actions. The fact that it turned a lot of their fanbase off seeing him take a knee during the anthem was enough for them not to employ him. It is as simple as that.

Convo over. You don't wanna really talk. It is a race thing. Deal with it. If you don't problems will continue. Simple.

Goodnight
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#175 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:19 am

Greenie wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Jay Cutler starts....

Kap would help the Jets get 8 wins this season. No doubt. But they want to see what they have with their bust picks and get a shot at one of the big names next season. Cutler knows the offense down in Miami, he was picked by the OC. Cutler and Kap are both about the same in terms of QB ability. Both are probably top 30 talents. Browns, Rams etc are trying to develop their QB's. Houston spent an early pick and Denver has one from last year. It's really not that difficult...
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Polk377
General Manager

Post#176 » by Polk377 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:23 am

Greenie wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Convo over. You don't wanna really talk. It is a race thing. Deal with it. If you don't problems will continue. Simple.

Goodnight

The problem is you see it as a race thing when it clearly is not. It is very similar to the Tebow situation. Tebow might have not been as good as Kappernick but teams saw it as a distraction to the team to sign him as a backup because the media made it their mission to report everything Tebow because of his beliefs and lifestyle.

All I've been saying is real talk.....
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#177 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:24 am

Polk377 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Also Kap's cause is pretty popular. All he had to do was walk the walk. If he were to VOTE (which SAS always brings up), if he were to be leading meetings with police officers in problem areas and making positive waves working WITH people instead of throwing some money and kneeling.

Problem hunting is extremely easy. Look at Trump. All he did was highlight problems without any solutions...

Kap made an error in that if he wanted to start a movement, he could have followed through and he would be a PR DREAM on most teams.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Polk377
General Manager

Post#178 » by Polk377 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:24 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Jay Cutler starts....

Kap would help the Jets get 8 wins this season. No doubt. But they want to see what they have with their bust picks and get a shot at one of the big names next season. Cutler knows the offense down in Miami, he was picked by the OC. Cutler and Kap are both about the same in terms of QB ability. Both are probably top 30 talents. Browns, Rams etc are trying to develop their QB's. Houston spent an early pick and Denver has one from last year. It's really not that difficult...

Agreed.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#179 » by Polk377 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:33 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Also Kap's cause is pretty popular. All he had to do was walk the walk. If he were to VOTE (which SAS always brings up), if he were to be leading meetings with police officers in problem areas and making positive waves working WITH people instead of throwing some money and kneeling.

Problem hunting is extremely easy. Look at Trump. All he did was highlight problems without any solutions...

Kap made an error in that if he wanted to start a movement, he could have followed through and he would be a PR DREAM on most teams.

Yes! He has done nothing to help the issue. Jim Brown who was a huge Black activist during his time said it pretty well here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/25/jim-brown-colin-kaepernick-needs-to-choose-between-being-activist-or-football-player/
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#180 » by Fat Kat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:36 am

Polk377 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Polk377 wrote:It is not his job to stand up for civil rights. I am not saying it is a bad thing that he is but when you bring your private agenda into the workplace your employer does not have to freely endorse it. If he wants to blame anyone it is the media that hyped it up to the point of distraction.

Once upon a time, it offended team's fanbases to see black folks on the roster. Kap is taking a knee to shed light on police violence against unarmed black men. Being offended by that speaks to one's mindset, and what they deem acceptable. It's as simple as that.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks