ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,899

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested 

Post#81 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 9:48 pm

knicks9784 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
Whether it's Christie or not, it's definitely going to be another dog-whistling POS. That show is predicated on such a format. Boomer is just as trashy/uninformed/ignorant as Carton in the big picture.

The sentiments towards Carton I will hold until more info comes out. In the meanwhile, I will say that Chris Christie, at least when on air with Carton and Boomer, seemed incredibly chummy. Given the bridge-gate and what not, he could be looked at as a possible accomplice, or someone "in the know" regarding this whole deal. Christie is actually enjoyable on the radio (and in most interviews), but his ideals and obviously lack-luster policies certainly do him no favors.

I personally don't know how people who dislike Carton enjoy Rosenberg in the evening. Both are basically hype men who just want to jump on some hot take.

As long as they don't put someone in carton's spot who has a unquenchable lust for college football the way Mike and Mike do, I will be fine.

On a semi-related note: Whose idea was it to break up the best radio duo Hahn and Humpty? Poor Rico has been using the old name in err for over a week now. Wish H+H could just take the evening drive slot and Canty+Rothenberg can take over the brunch spot. Kay can go do more Yankee stuff and LaGrecca can solo (or maybe bring in Daughtry) for the evening.

highly doubt a college football guy comes in. scarecrow and tubby only do that because of how much espn pays for the rights to the college games. they need to pump their product.

Makes sense, but makes them un-listenable. When the Mets were good, I had to switch stations during the MLB playoffs to get some coverage because the Mikes would talk about jimbos and pack 10's and all that for upwards of 40 minutes!
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,207

Post#82 » by Kampuchea » Wed Sep 6, 2017 10:28 pm

Too bad he fell into that terrible addiction. Hope he can avoid serious jail time and get the help he needs.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,178

Post#83 » by Garbagelo » Wed Sep 6, 2017 10:35 pm

one of the worst human beings to ever come out of sports
LBnySuaveJav23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,217

Re: OT: Craig Carton Arrested 

Post#84 » by LBnySuaveJav23 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 11:40 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:LOL. I hate this dude so no sympathy and is glad to see a fraud exposed. All these years he was doing criminal activityl, but acted like he was on a high horse...smh. LOLOLOLOOL.

Year..as in one. He started the scheme in 2016.
"Yeah, you are. You right, bro" - Joe Dumars telling every PG on the roster they are starting.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,941

Post#85 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Sep 7, 2017 12:13 am

god shammgod wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:I hope he gets ramroded every single day of his long prison stint.

well damn

ugh. i ain't say all that. but if he go fed he will def have to swastika up and watch the cornhole, bud.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#86 » by BeagleBoss » Thu Sep 7, 2017 12:35 am

Carton reminds me of someone on this board who I cannot stand lol. Same wannabe tough guy attitude, no class, smug pos.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using RealGM mobile app
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#87 » by Pharmcat » Thu Sep 7, 2017 12:51 am

karma is a you know what! what a hypocrite
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,451

Post#88 » by Fat Kat » Thu Sep 7, 2017 1:27 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:I hope he gets ramroded every single day of his long prison stint.

well damn

ugh. i ain't say all that. but if he go fed he will def have to swastika up and watch the cornhole, bud.

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#89 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Sep 7, 2017 2:21 am

Can't say I'm surprised. Always gave me that addict vibe although I thought it was coke not gambling.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#90 » by Tron Carter » Thu Sep 7, 2017 2:29 am

R.I.P Black Mamba
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,451

Post#91 » by Fat Kat » Thu Sep 7, 2017 2:40 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:Can't say I'm surprised. Always gave me that addict vibe although I thought it was coke not gambling.

I'd bet he's a coke head too. The man's a degenerate.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Hemispheres
Veteran
And1: 981

Post#92 » by Hemispheres » Thu Sep 7, 2017 3:02 am

A lot of angry people on this board smh.

I used to tune in to Boomer and Carton quite often. Wasn't a great show but at least they were more entertaining on long drives than the competition, Mike and Mike, the most boring show of all time. Carton's douchey personality and Boomer's terrible bball opinions eventually drove me away though.

Serious accusations here and if he's guilty hopefully he pays for his crime. And right now it ain't looking good for him.
PV2nice
Sophomore
And1: 45

Post#93 » by PV2nice » Thu Sep 7, 2017 3:03 am

Unfortunate! LOL @ those who like Peter Rosenberg yet dislike Carton. Certainly not apples to apples, but they're both in the same class in regards to sports knowledge and being obnoxious.

Peter is just someone you want the pat in the back several time while shaking your head vs Carton who you'll want to slap across his head as hard as you can.

For what it's worth several years ago Carton praised RealGmKnicks for being on top of the Knicks and being super informative vs those in the media who lack tons. I heard it myself driving to work. Guess he was wrong lmaooo...

I listen to both the Wfan/ESPN. I avoid Mike Fran and Stephen A Smith aka Lamar Latrelle :nod:
[img][img]https://c.o0bg.com/rf/image_1920w/Boston/2011-2020/2017/04/04/BostonGlobe.com/Sports/Images/09052008_mp05pat222-6869591.jpg[/img][/img]
Appleshampoo
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#94 » by Appleshampoo » Thu Sep 7, 2017 3:42 am

PV2nice wrote:Unfortunate! LOL @ those who like Peter Rosenberg yet dislike Carton. Certainly not apples to apples, but they're both in the same class in regards to sports knowledge and being obnoxious.

Peter is just someone you want the pat in the back several time while shaking your head vs Carton who you'll want to slap across his head as hard as you can.

For what it's worth several years ago Carton praised RealGmKnicks for being on top of the Knicks and being super informative vs those in the media who lack tons. I heard it myself driving to work. Guess he was wrong lmaooo...

I listen to both the Wfan/ESPN. I avoid Mike Fran and Stephen A Smith aka Lamar Latrelle :nod:

Peter is a good addition to Kay and Lagreca but Peter Rosenberg's are a dime a dozen. Craig Carton is one of a kind. Unfiltered and idiotic but able to entertain for hours and get the entire studio involved in a show. I wonder how he kept $3 million in debt under wraps. Surprised how much hate the show is getting... you don't listen to Boomer and Carton for great insight on the Knicks - that is what I go here for.

Also do not know anyone in sports radio who can talk football better then Boomer - Phil Sims would be a great temporary partner to kick off NFL season.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#95 » by Sark » Thu Sep 7, 2017 3:58 am

Tron Carter wrote:Image

Need his head superimposed on McGreggor.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,625

Post#96 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 7, 2017 4:34 am

The OP can update the "Subject" to "WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested and Suspended." No shock - no pun intended - about the suspension.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/craig-carton-boomer-carton-co-host-arrested-fbi-article-1.3473530

WFAN suspended Carton indefinitely pending further investigation, according to a report. Former Giants quarterback Phil Simms will co-host with Esiason on Thursday morning.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#97 » by poeman » Thu Sep 7, 2017 5:04 am

I met Carton few years ago when he was trying to pitch this fantasy sports venture site he was working on...Dude looks like he got carried away with his life and the greed caught up
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,608

Post#98 » by Gravy » Thu Sep 7, 2017 5:06 am

Something about his voice was annoying to me, and they never seemed to talk sports for more than 2 minutes whenever I listened. Easily my least favorite wfan show.

I know gambling is a real addiction. I just don't get it, especially when you already have alot of money like Jordan and Mayweather. Ain't no fun losing what's so hard to make. It's like having a supermodel in bed with you and trying to get two, or none.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#99 » by Sark » Thu Sep 7, 2017 5:08 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:The OP can update the "Subject" to "WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested and Suspended." No shock - no pun intended - about the suspension.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/craig-carton-boomer-carton-co-host-arrested-fbi-article-1.3473530

WFAN suspended Carton indefinitely pending further investigation, according to a report. Former Giants quarterback Phil Simms will co-host with Esiason on Thursday morning.

That's even worse.
QueensG718
Pro Prospect
And1: 688

Post#100 » by QueensG718 » Thu Sep 7, 2017 6:43 am

Good for his racist ass. Boomer too..karma is a bitch. I started disliking the show more and more as the kaepernick thing was going on. These two were really showing their true colors. Carton from the very beginning was calling kaepernick kaeperdouche but look who is the true douche and the more unamerican here...haha

Sent from my SM-G920T using RealGM mobile app

Return to New York Knicks