ImageImageImageImageImage

Eurobasket 2017 thread (Part 2) Willy IN Semifinals.

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (Part 2) Willy IN Semifinals. 

Post#721 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Everyone will be drunk at work the next couple of days.

Sitting Dragic out for the last 4 minutes of the game and increasing the lead with a backup PG in German league, the balls on Kokoskov. I want him as the next Knicks head coach.
MartinsLusis
Senior
And1: 544

Post#722 » by MartinsLusis » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Everyone will be drunk at work the next couple of days.

Sitting Dragic out for the last 4 minutes of the game and increasing the lead with a backup PG in German league, the balls on Kokoskov. I want him as the next Knicks head coach.

Was it because of an injury or the airballs that Dragic shot in the last quarter?
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout

Post#723 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:31 pm

MartinsLusis wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:Everyone will be drunk at work the next couple of days.

Was it because of an injury or the airballs that Dragic shot in the last quarter?

He was completely gassed after Doncic got injured and there was nobody else to handle the ball.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout

Post#724 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 pm

This is our Simba.

Read on Twitter

And this is Simba's dad.

MartinsLusis
Senior
And1: 544

Post#725 » by MartinsLusis » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:04 pm

And to whatever team will get the 1st pick in the coming draft - if you don't take Dončič, you're just really really dumb!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,970

Post#726 » by Capn'O » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:32 am

MartinsLusis wrote:And to whatever team will get the 1st pick in the coming draft - if you don't take Dončič, you're just really really dumb!

He's really really good.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#727 » by levendis » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:17 am

GONYK wrote:
levendis wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Both options are equally unworthy of consideration, IMO

This will be the last year you can actually control the situation and tank for a high pick. It be foolish to let Melos contract be in the way of that. Buying him out is not a bad option at all. The worst option is letting him play and be a mid to late lottery team again.

If Melo agrees to waive the last year of his deal, maybe. I doubt he will do that though, and nobody should even consider buying him out of 2 years so he can play for the Rockets for free.

Who cares. 2 years of dead salary for a rebuilding team < the CHANCE of Doncic. The Rockets being good has nothing to do with us. I'd prefer buying him out than just getting him for Ryan Anderson honestly.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,614

Post#728 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:29 am

levendis wrote:
GONYK wrote:
levendis wrote:
This will be the last year you can actually control the situation and tank for a high pick. It be foolish to let Melos contract be in the way of that. Buying him out is not a bad option at all. The worst option is letting him play and be a mid to late lottery team again.

If Melo agrees to waive the last year of his deal, maybe. I doubt he will do that though, and nobody should even consider buying him out of 2 years so he can play for the Rockets for free.

Who cares. 2 years of dead salary for a rebuilding team < the CHANCE of Doncic. The Rockets being good has nothing to do with us. I'd prefer buying him out than just getting him for Ryan Anderson honestly.

I'd prefer to just sit him at home. There are no good options anymore, so just bite the bullet.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,871

Post#729 » by GONYK » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:23 pm

levendis wrote:
GONYK wrote:
levendis wrote:

Or you can just sit him in the last minutes of games, and not have him affect our W/L and not have to buy him out for no reason.
zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Post#730 » by zappafrank » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 pm

anyone see the last Spain game vs. Russia? why did Willy only play 3 min? was it the 2 fouls + 2 TO? was Mozgod having his way?
and Sergio had a good/great tournament. he would have been a good fit with all the Knicks Euros. after the Knicks he spent 6 seasons overseas until last year back here in Philly. not a good shooter but averaged 5 assists per game playing 22 min last season.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#731 » by levendis » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:09 pm

GONYK wrote:
levendis wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Or you can just sit him in the last minutes of games, and not have him affect our W/L and not have to buy him out for no reason.

The 30 mins or so he gets still counts. Replacing his minutes with Beasley would be so amazing for the tank
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,871

Post#732 » by GONYK » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:43 pm

levendis wrote:
GONYK wrote:
levendis wrote:

The 30 mins or so he gets still counts. Replacing his minutes with Beasley would be so amazing for the tank

Not really trying to bash Melo in any way, but I don't think either player will make that much of a difference.

I also don't think that Beas starts in place of Melo. My guess is that would go to Lance, who would provide more defense and ball movement.

Return to New York Knicks