ImageImageImageImageImage

BAF Discussion Continued

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, King of Canada, Thorn, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi

User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 18,932
And1: 11,712
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#161 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:35 pm

Brazilian Knick wrote:Image

Image

why the 1 year deal though..?
he's 25, not 32 lol
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/A Brooks/D Will
SG: Josh Jackson/Dwayne Bacon/Bryn Forbes
SF: Jayson Tatum/Shabazz Muhammad/Glenn Robinson III
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image
User avatar
Brazilian Knick
Junior
Posts: 352
And1: 156
Joined: Aug 28, 2017
Location: Brazil
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#162 » by Brazilian Knick » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:41 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Brazilian Knick wrote:Image

Image

why the 1 year deal though..?
he's 25, not 32 lol

We'll have a good asset for the season and later we can free cap space for the draft.
MIAMI HEAT BAF 1.0
PG: M. Smart / J. Clarkson / T. Parker
SG: L. Kennard / J. Hart / N. Stauskas
SF: J. Jackson / E. Moore / L. Deng
PF: KAT / B. Portis / M. Leonard
C: C. Capela / J. Henson / Nenê
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 48,445
And1: 20,463
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#163 » by mpharris36 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:04 am

the $ bids are going back and forth on Nurkic lol
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Zach Collins/Georgios Papa
PF - Dragan Bender/Noah Vonleh/JMM
SF - Jaylen Brown/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Dahntay Jones
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr/Wayne Seldon/Tomas Satoransky
PG - Kris Dunn/Shabazz Napier/Fred VanVleet

$47 cap remaining
User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 9,108
And1: 2,118
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#164 » by spree8 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:04 am

Greenie wrote:.


magnumt wrote:.




br7 wanted me to share his explanation of how the sim works to clear up any misunderstanding...



br7knicks wrote:
Their production (stats, advanced stats, tendencies, potential ability and current ability are what matters) are figured in from previous season, few weeks leading up to, and first part of season. Age also factors in, and older players lose current abilities and ratings from year to year - younger players, if played more minutes, get closer to reaching their potential abilities.

We decide how many minutes each player gets, as well as their position. Ex) I've seen the SIM have giannis as a SF, and the last update had him at PG. Not sure about upcoming year, but you can tell bish what position you want a guy to be slated in
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image

Hawks: Teague. Green. Durant. Millsap. Tyson
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,712
And1: 8,706
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#165 » by magnumt » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:06 am

spree8 wrote:
Greenie wrote:.


magnumt wrote:.


br7 wanted me to share his explanation of how the sim works to clear up any misunderstanding...

br7knicks wrote:
Their production (stats, advanced stats, tendencies, potential ability and current ability are what matters) are figured in from previous season, few weeks leading up to, and first part of season. Age also factors in, and older players lose current abilities and ratings from year to year - younger players, if played more minutes, get closer to reaching their potential abilities.

We decide how many minutes each player gets, as well as their position. Ex) I've seen the SIM have giannis as a SF, and the last update had him at PG. Not sure about upcoming year, but you can tell bish what position you want a guy to be slated in


So basically what myself and Greenie said. ;)

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards
Jeremy Lin / Ish Smith / Jerian Grant
Damian Lillard / Reggie Bullock / Malcolm Delaney
Gordon Hayward / Doug McDermott / Wesley Johnson
Greg Monroe / Dirk Nowitzki / Al Jefferson
Dwight Howard / Alex Len / Timofey Mozgov
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 24,871
And1: 8,058
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: #Misses4Bridges
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#166 » by Mecca » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:06 am

Deron Williams for 3 years lolwut
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Dorian Finney-Smith
5 | Dwayne Dedmon | JaVale McGee
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 24,871
And1: 8,058
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: #Misses4Bridges
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#167 » by Mecca » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:08 am

I like THJ on that contract.
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Dorian Finney-Smith
5 | Dwayne Dedmon | JaVale McGee
User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 9,108
And1: 2,118
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#168 » by spree8 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:09 am

magnumt wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Greenie wrote:.


magnumt wrote:.


br7 wanted me to share his explanation of how the sim works to clear up any misunderstanding...

br7knicks wrote:
Their production (stats, advanced stats, tendencies, potential ability and current ability are what matters) are figured in from previous season, few weeks leading up to, and first part of season. Age also factors in, and older players lose current abilities and ratings from year to year - younger players, if played more minutes, get closer to reaching their potential abilities.

We decide how many minutes each player gets, as well as their position. Ex) I've seen the SIM have giannis as a SF, and the last update had him at PG. Not sure about upcoming year, but you can tell bish what position you want a guy to be slated in


So basically what myself and Greenie said. ;)

--Mags :beer:



It's by player ability ... exactly what I said lol.
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image

Hawks: Teague. Green. Durant. Millsap. Tyson
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 48,445
And1: 20,463
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#169 » by mpharris36 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:12 am

Mecca wrote:I like THJ on that contract.


thank you, I was battling someone I was hoping to get him for 4 years around 60-70

but I was willing to go a little higher to just lock in the 4 years instead of 5

I think he provides the team some nice secondary scoring and he's a ascending you player.
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Zach Collins/Georgios Papa
PF - Dragan Bender/Noah Vonleh/JMM
SF - Jaylen Brown/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Dahntay Jones
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr/Wayne Seldon/Tomas Satoransky
PG - Kris Dunn/Shabazz Napier/Fred VanVleet

$47 cap remaining
bringbackhoffa
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,742
And1: 1,115
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#170 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:14 am

Looks like I have some work to do on jj reddick and Ryan Anderson

abort the process
Charlotte Champions
Rivers (33)
Wiggins (33), Monk (30)
Oubre (24), Prince (24)
Siakam (33), Lydon(15)
Poethl (33), Nogueira (15)

Injured: Ferrell, Parker
DNP: Carter, Swaggy P, Morrow, Winslow
Vets avail for picks
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 24,871
And1: 8,058
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: #Misses4Bridges
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#171 » by Mecca » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:18 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:I like THJ on that contract.


thank you, I was battling someone I was hoping to get him for 4 years around 60-70

but I was willing to go a little higher to just lock in the 4 years instead of 5

I think he provides the team some nice secondary scoring and he's a ascending you player.


I think he's going to have a huge year. I recently wrote an article for NBAmath.com illustrating the Tale of 2 Hardawayz.

Post Korver trade (49 game sample size)
.47% from field
38% from 3
Highest OTRG
In Hawks 5 best 4 man lineups
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Dorian Finney-Smith
5 | Dwayne Dedmon | JaVale McGee
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 18,932
And1: 11,712
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#172 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:21 am

Brazilian Knick wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Brazilian Knick wrote:Image

Image

why the 1 year deal though..?
he's 25, not 32 lol

We'll have a good asset for the season and later we can free cap space for the draft.

meh... i would've locked him up long term instead
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/A Brooks/D Will
SG: Josh Jackson/Dwayne Bacon/Bryn Forbes
SF: Jayson Tatum/Shabazz Muhammad/Glenn Robinson III
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 24,871
And1: 8,058
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: #Misses4Bridges
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#173 » by Mecca » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:34 am

Y'all are wasting Bish time starting bids off so low
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Dorian Finney-Smith
5 | Dwayne Dedmon | JaVale McGee
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 48,517
And1: 22,941
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Killigan's Island
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#174 » by Greenie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:35 am

Who is getting Collins is all I wanna know.
BAF - Pistons
F:Cauley-Stein(28)|Baynes(20)|Lauvergne
F:Patterson(28)|Scott(20)|Onuaku
F:Thompson(35)|Bembry|Williams
G:Brogdon(31)|Richardson(30)|Vaughn
G:Hill(28)|Joseph(20)
Head Coach - Stan Van Gundy
IR: Morris
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 48,445
And1: 20,463
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#175 » by mpharris36 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:39 am

Greenie wrote:Who is getting Collins is all I wanna know.


such an overpay
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Zach Collins/Georgios Papa
PF - Dragan Bender/Noah Vonleh/JMM
SF - Jaylen Brown/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Dahntay Jones
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr/Wayne Seldon/Tomas Satoransky
PG - Kris Dunn/Shabazz Napier/Fred VanVleet

$47 cap remaining
bringbackhoffa
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,742
And1: 1,115
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#176 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:45 am

Crawford going for as much as reddick and rhino lmao

abort the process
Charlotte Champions
Rivers (33)
Wiggins (33), Monk (30)
Oubre (24), Prince (24)
Siakam (33), Lydon(15)
Poethl (33), Nogueira (15)

Injured: Ferrell, Parker
DNP: Carter, Swaggy P, Morrow, Winslow
Vets avail for picks
User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 9,108
And1: 2,118
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#177 » by spree8 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:47 am

I hate your guts Hoffa.
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image

Hawks: Teague. Green. Durant. Millsap. Tyson
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 23,462
And1: 6,423
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#178 » by HEZI » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:55 am

Jordan Crawford is still on the board?

But why?
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Devin Harris
SG: Demar Derozan / Joe Harris / Sindarius Thornwell / G.Hen
SF: Andre Iguodala / Darius Miller / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez / Tarik Black / Willie Reed
User avatar
NewEra
General Manager
Posts: 8,701
And1: 2,483
Joined: Oct 11, 2007

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#179 » by NewEra » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:57 am

Mecca wrote:I like THJ on that contract.


I'm so hype about THJ for the upcoming season. He's not afraid of the big stage and actually WANTS to be great. Always working on his craft. Love that about him.
BAF 1.0 - GSW
PG: Stephen Curry | JJ Barea | Mario Chalmers
SG: Courtney Lee | JR Smith | Jason Terry
SF: Otto Porter | Jeff Green | Corey Brewer
PF: Al-Farouq Aminu | Mo Speights | Daniel Theis
C: Jusuf Nurkic | Ian Mahinmi | Joakim Noah
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 39,038
And1: 21,980
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#180 » by Capn'O » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:57 am

Crawford SNATCHED out from under my nose!
Image

Return to New York Knicks