ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, FrontOfficeEye, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Thorn, mrpoetryNmotion, King of Canada

Kristaps6_NYK
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,105
And1: 2,265
Joined: Mar 11, 2014

NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#1 » by Kristaps6_NYK » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:05 pm

For those who are 2k fans that haven't, I'm not sure if you're abled to get the four day early access if you haven't pre ordered. So I'm not sure if you can get the game after a certain period of time until the game officially releases. So preorder so you abled to play early!

I noticed KP's hair is so blondish, grey. Sorta annoys me. But whatevs.
Jiminy Glick wrote:Simmons will be better than Magic, Bird, Kobe and others and is playing good basketball right now so it is definitely him.
He says Simmons gon be better than Magic, Bird, Kobe AND OTHERS LMAOOOOOO
User avatar
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
Posts: 7,954
And1: 4,915
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Location: New York
   

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#2 » by xNewYorkMadex » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:13 pm

KP was seriously like 6'8 in the prelude. Not even exaggerating.
Heel Crew
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 44,625
And1: 9,686
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#3 » by magnumt » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:For those who are 2k fans that haven't, I'm not sure if you're abled to get the four day early access if you haven't pre ordered. So I'm not sure if you can get the game after a certain period of time until the game officially releases. So preorder so you abled to play early!

I noticed KP's hair is so blondish, grey. Sorta annoys me. But whatevs.


:blank:

Y'all have too much time on your hands.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards
Damian Lillard / Austin Rivers / Ish Smith
Zach LaVine / Reggie Bullock / Malcolm Delaney
Gordon Hayward / Doug McDermott / Anthony Morrow
Kelly Olynyk / Greg Monroe / Luke Kornet
Alex Len / Al Jefferson / Boban Marjanovich
1999
Sophomore
Posts: 106
And1: 53
Joined: Apr 25, 2012

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#4 » by 1999 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:27 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:KP was seriously like 6'8 in the prelude. Not even exaggerating.


The Prelude was straight garbage to me but I'm looking forward to the game. Everybody was short in the Prelude. Even if you made a 7 foot center he would be short in the scenes, smh. Anyway if y'all on psn I would love to play some of you in My league online.
Kristaps6_NYK
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,105
And1: 2,265
Joined: Mar 11, 2014

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#5 » by Kristaps6_NYK » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:30 pm

magnumt wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:For those who are 2k fans that haven't, I'm not sure if you're abled to get the four day early access if you haven't pre ordered. So I'm not sure if you can get the game after a certain period of time until the game officially releases. So preorder so you abled to play early!

I noticed KP's hair is so blondish, grey. Sorta annoys me. But whatevs.


:blank:

Y'all have too much time on your hands.

--Mags :beer:
No offense but what does me picking something out have to do with the free time I have :lol: :roll:
Jiminy Glick wrote:Simmons will be better than Magic, Bird, Kobe and others and is playing good basketball right now so it is definitely him.
He says Simmons gon be better than Magic, Bird, Kobe AND OTHERS LMAOOOOOO
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 44,625
And1: 9,686
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#6 » by magnumt » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:32 pm

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:For those who are 2k fans that haven't, I'm not sure if you're abled to get the four day early access if you haven't pre ordered. So I'm not sure if you can get the game after a certain period of time until the game officially releases. So preorder so you abled to play early!

I noticed KP's hair is so blondish, grey. Sorta annoys me. But whatevs.


:blank:

Y'all have too much time on your hands.

--Mags :beer:
No offense but what does me picking something out have to do with the free time I have :lol: :roll:


Too much free time to get triggered about the "blondish grey" of the hair on an game's sprite.

:thumbsup:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards
Damian Lillard / Austin Rivers / Ish Smith
Zach LaVine / Reggie Bullock / Malcolm Delaney
Gordon Hayward / Doug McDermott / Anthony Morrow
Kelly Olynyk / Greg Monroe / Luke Kornet
Alex Len / Al Jefferson / Boban Marjanovich
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 27,200
And1: 4,867
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#7 » by br7knicks » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:36 pm

i'd get it if they went back to the good way of doing the my player part. i **** hate the storyline stuff. the guy is a douchebag, and i can't stop/fix it. i just put my TV on mute.

dude is a **** douchebag, and a **** hate him. i'd hate him as much as harden if he was real
Kristaps6_NYK
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,105
And1: 2,265
Joined: Mar 11, 2014

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#8 » by Kristaps6_NYK » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:38 pm

magnumt wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
magnumt wrote:
:blank:

Y'all have too much time on your hands.

--Mags :beer:
No offense but what does me picking something out have to do with the free time I have :lol: :roll:


Too much free time to get triggered about the "blondish grey" of the hair on an game's sprite.

:thumbsup:

--Mags :beer:
Listen to me, KP is equivalent to to a greek god, how dare they not get KP 100% correct. I shall smight Ronny 2k and the devs for that. So excuse me :nonono: :wavefinger: :lol:
Jiminy Glick wrote:Simmons will be better than Magic, Bird, Kobe and others and is playing good basketball right now so it is definitely him.
He says Simmons gon be better than Magic, Bird, Kobe AND OTHERS LMAOOOOOO
Kristaps6_NYK
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,105
And1: 2,265
Joined: Mar 11, 2014

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#9 » by Kristaps6_NYK » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:39 pm

br7knicks wrote:i'd get it if they went back to the good way of doing the my player part. i **** hate the storyline stuff. the guy is a douchebag, and i can't stop/fix it. i just put my TV on mute.

dude is a **** douchebag, and a **** hate him. i'd hate him as much as harden if he was real

So corny, especially the cut scenes with the dike Chinese girl, **** is cheeky af. At least do some normal life **** instead of some **** you see in movies
Jiminy Glick wrote:Simmons will be better than Magic, Bird, Kobe and others and is playing good basketball right now so it is definitely him.
He says Simmons gon be better than Magic, Bird, Kobe AND OTHERS LMAOOOOOO
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 52,890
And1: 17,987
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#10 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:02 am

xNewYorkMadex wrote:KP was seriously like 6'8 in the prelude. Not even exaggerating.


He honestly looked like a 14 yr old rec league player in the Prelude
Polk377
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,358
And1: 2,030
Joined: Apr 19, 2002
Location: Medford, NY
         

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#11 » by Polk377 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:35 am

Digital download preorders for PS3 activate at midnight EST tommorow.
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 32,616
And1: 9,286
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#12 » by j4remi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:52 pm

br7knicks wrote:i'd get it if they went back to the good way of doing the my player part. i **** hate the storyline stuff. the guy is a douchebag, and i can't stop/fix it. i just put my TV on mute.

dude is a **** douchebag, and a **** hate him. i'd hate him as much as harden if he was real


They make you attend practices between every damned game...the realism has gone way too far, it's a video game!

BAF Knicks
PG - Payton/Taylor/Goodwin
SG - Ntilikina/L Williams/Clavell
SF - MKG/Bogdanovich/Hezonja
PF - Saric/Bertans/Lydon
C - Gobert/Mahinimi/Zbo

Ex A. Kaba, Monte Morris, Hartenstein

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 52,890
And1: 17,987
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#13 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 pm

j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:i'd get it if they went back to the good way of doing the my player part. i **** hate the storyline stuff. the guy is a douchebag, and i can't stop/fix it. i just put my TV on mute.

dude is a **** douchebag, and a **** hate him. i'd hate him as much as harden if he was real


They make you attend practices between every damned game...the realism has gone way too far, it's a video game!



The realism comes and goes.

I doubt a GM/POBO has to field complaints from players about the training intensity of practices.
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 52,148
And1: 25,526
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Killigan's Island
     

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#14 » by Greenie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Polk377 wrote:Digital download preorders for PS3 activate at midnight EST tommorow.

PS3 ?

Who still plays on the old systems?
BAF - Pistons
F:Cauley-Stein(28)|Baynes(20)|Okafor
F:Aminu(28)|Patterson(20)|Scott
F:Thompson(38)|Bembry|Nader
G:Brogdon(30)|Richardson(28)
G:Hill(28)|Joseph(20)
Head Coach - N/A
IR: Morris
NewEra
General Manager
Posts: 8,998
And1: 2,788
Joined: Oct 11, 2007

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#15 » by NewEra » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:42 pm

magnumt wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:For those who are 2k fans that haven't, I'm not sure if you're abled to get the four day early access if you haven't pre ordered. So I'm not sure if you can get the game after a certain period of time until the game officially releases. So preorder so you abled to play early!

I noticed KP's hair is so blondish, grey. Sorta annoys me. But whatevs.


:blank:

Y'all have too much time on your hands.

--Mags :beer:


:rofl:
GSW B.A.F Roster
PG: Stephen Curry | Terry Rozier
SG: Courtney Lee | JR Smith
SF: Justin Holiday | S. Muhammed
PF: Kevin Love | Michael Beasley
C: Jusuf Nurkic | Mareese Speights
FA's:
Dedmon, Turner, Noah, Jennings, Brewer
2018 Picks: 45, 50
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 37,516
And1: 13,221
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#16 » by K P 6 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:49 pm

just going to let my friends buy it. its a vs your friends only game now. I usually get tired playing alone after a week.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 27,200
And1: 4,867
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#17 » by br7knicks » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:40 pm

j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:i'd get it if they went back to the good way of doing the my player part. i **** hate the storyline stuff. the guy is a douchebag, and i can't stop/fix it. i just put my TV on mute.

dude is a **** douchebag, and a **** hate him. i'd hate him as much as harden if he was real


They make you attend practices between every damned game...the realism has gone way too far, it's a video game!




When they give my player two options, I'll buy the game again:

1. Play games, grow player, with no cutscenes.

2. ****, douchebag movie.
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 32,616
And1: 9,286
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#18 » by j4remi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:44 pm

br7knicks wrote:When they give my player two options, I'll buy the game again:

1. Play games, grow player, with no cutscenes.

2. ****, douchebag movie.


And let us pick our own damned nicknames. Prez was awful, Orange Juice was horrendous and this year it's dj or some crap that's just as bad.
BAF Knicks
PG - Payton/Taylor/Goodwin
SG - Ntilikina/L Williams/Clavell
SF - MKG/Bogdanovich/Hezonja
PF - Saric/Bertans/Lydon
C - Gobert/Mahinimi/Zbo

Ex A. Kaba, Monte Morris, Hartenstein

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
User avatar
K-DOT
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,847
And1: 4,898
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#19 » by K-DOT » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:55 pm

j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:When they give my player two options, I'll buy the game again:

1. Play games, grow player, with no cutscenes.

2. ****, douchebag movie.


And let us pick our own damned nicknames. Prez was awful, Orange Juice was horrendous and this year it's dj or some crap that's just as bad.

You can change your nickname for all the in-game stuff in the options menu, but all the cutscenes will still have the pre-scripted one
BAF Lakers:

Ricky Rubio/Shelvin Mack
D-Book/T Ross
Nic Batum/TJ Warren
James Johnson/Anthony Tolliver
Nerlens Noel/Marcin Gortat
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 32,616
And1: 9,286
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: NBA 2k18 THREAD: Pre order early release tomorrow at 9PM 

Post#20 » by j4remi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:04 pm

K-DOT wrote:
j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:When they give my player two options, I'll buy the game again:

1. Play games, grow player, with no cutscenes.

2. ****, douchebag movie.


And let us pick our own damned nicknames. Prez was awful, Orange Juice was horrendous and this year it's dj or some crap that's just as bad.

You can change your nickname for all the in-game stuff in the options menu, but all the cutscenes will still have the pre-scripted one


Yeah, I'm talking about the cutscenes.
BAF Knicks
PG - Payton/Taylor/Goodwin
SG - Ntilikina/L Williams/Clavell
SF - MKG/Bogdanovich/Hezonja
PF - Saric/Bertans/Lydon
C - Gobert/Mahinimi/Zbo

Ex A. Kaba, Monte Morris, Hartenstein

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi

Return to New York Knicks