ImageImageImageImageImage

FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#581 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:59 am

EchelonNYK wrote:
Fury wrote:Who is a bigger black hole, Enes Kanter or Maurice Taylor

Maurice was the biggest black hole. Christ.

Othello Harrington. The original black hole. The ball never came out. Ever.
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,691

Post#582 » by ezmoney707 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:39 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:
Fury wrote:Who is a bigger black hole, Enes Kanter or Maurice Taylor

Maurice was the biggest black hole. Christ.

Othello Harrington. The original black hole. The ball never came out. Ever.

We have a winner
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,603

Post#583 » by stuporman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:03 am

If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#584 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:40 am

Honorable mention yo Zach Randolph. Mo Taylor has my vote though. I remember Mo having one of the nastiest facial dunks I have seen that got called offensive foul because of a slight arm extension. Only thing I liked about him was thst 1 play
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#585 » by Triple C » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:30 am

Read on Twitter
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#586 » by King of Canada » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is that the blueprint location?

Confirmed

BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
KnickLeDime
Bench Warmer
And1: 863

Post#587 » by KnickLeDime » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:53 pm

This kid dating back to summer league just can't get on the court. I say this in full seriousness...this kid is trending bust big time right now. And the one game he did play, looked very pedestrian.How many months now has he been bothered by some lower leg thing?

Yeah yeah...I know...give him a chance. In the meantime kids we passed up look much better and are actually practicing and playing. Not happy man...
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Post#588 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:55 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:This kid dating back to summer league just can't get on the court. I say this in full seriousness...this kid is trending bust big time right now. And the one game he did play, looked very pedestrian.How many months now has he been bothered by some lower leg thing?

Yeah yeah...I know...give him a chance. In the meantime kids we passed up look much better and are actually practicing and playing. Not happy man...

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#589 » by GONYK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:57 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:This kid dating back to summer league just can't get on the court. I say this in full seriousness...this kid is trending bust big time right now. And the one game he did play, looked very pedestrian.How many months now has he been bothered by some lower leg thing?

It's good to know you can say something ridiculous in full seriousness.
KnickLeDime
Bench Warmer

Post#590 » by KnickLeDime » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:58 pm

GONYK wrote:

I expected this type of reaction...you aren't concerned AT ALL that this kid is constantly banged up with leg/knee issues? He's can't even get on the court to practice. Knicks medical staff is horrendous, constantly hide injuries etc.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#591 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:01 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I expected this type of reaction...you aren't concerned AT ALL that this kid is constantly banged up with leg/knee issues? He's can't even get on the court to practice. Knicks medical staff is horrendous, constantly hide injuries etc.

it's a long season and we don't plan on being any good so what exactly is the rush of getting him back? He played an extremely long euro season. Much longer than any college player played. So whats wrong with being extra cautious in the preseason when its not like we need to get out of the gate running either when we are trying to lose.

ROSTER

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#592 » by GONYK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:03 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:
GONYK wrote:

He's had teammates bang into his knees twice, and they are being cautious because preseason is mostly meaningless. The injuries are different, and not related to each other.

These are things that happen in basketball. Plus, Frank has still been working out and practicing individually. He just has not been participating in contact drills or scrimmages.

It's not like he had a torn ACL, and then stopped teams from looking at his medical records. That would be more concerning.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 15,965

Post#593 » by Wolfgang630 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Talk about overreacting.
KnickLeDime
Bench Warmer

Post#594 » by KnickLeDime » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:04 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:
GONYK wrote:

it's a long season and we don't plan on being any good so what exactly is the rush of getting him back? He played an extremely long euro season. Much longer than any college player played. So whats wrong with being extra cautious in the preseason when its not like we need to get out of the gate running either when we are trying to lose.

There's NOTHING wrong with having low expectations. I'm all-aboard team tank...if you look through my post history. However, he is a young kid who for going on 4 month's basically can't get on the court. He missed all of summer league and the instruction that took place there at least all the games played. Training camps opens he again can't get on the court and in fact isn't even practicing with the team.

Maybe I'm just a beaten-down Knick fan...I don't like how it's going with him one bit.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#595 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:06 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:
There's NOTHING wrong with having low expectations. I'm all-aboard team tank...if you look through my post history. However, he is a young kid who for going on 4 month's basically can't get on the court. He missed all of summer league and the instruction that took place there at least all the games played. Training camps opens he again can't get on the court and in fact isn't even practicing.

being cautious and having low expectation are two different things. We can still be cautious and expect good things from Frank. Will these meaningless preaseason games really make or break franks rookie year? ??

ROSTER

KnickLeDime
Bench Warmer

Post#596 » by KnickLeDime » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:12 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:
There's NOTHING wrong with having low expectations. I'm all-aboard team tank...if you look through my post history. However, he is a young kid who for going on 4 month's basically can't get on the court. He missed all of summer league and the instruction that took place there at least all the games played. Training camps opens he again can't get on the court and in fact isn't even practicing.

being cautious and having low expectation are two different things. We can still be cautious and expect good things from Frank. Will these meaningless preaseason games really make or break franks rookie year? ??

Again, the concern is NOT that he's not playing in pre-season or even summer league games. These games are meaningless for purpose of any records etc. Where they are meaningful is legitimate competition, learning, instructional purposes etc. The concern is he is falling behind in his development, the fact that he isn't practicing with the team and only marginally at best picking up the schemes, working with other players etc. to me is a big problem. Can he catch up, yes, absolutely, problem is he's been a Knick since June and he literally can't get on the court. So when it's December and he's still nursing various lower body injuries...that won't concern you?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#597 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:

Again, the concern is NOT that he's not playing in pre-season or even summer league games. These games are meaningless for purpose of any records etc. Where they are meaningful is legitimate competition, learning, instructional purposes etc. The concern is he is falling behind in his development, the fact that he isn't practicing with the team and only marginally at best picking up the schemes, working with other players etc. to me is a big problem. Can he catch up, yes, absolutely, problem is he's been a Knick since June and he literally can't get on the court. So when it's December and he's still nursing various lower body injuries...that won't concern you?

ROSTER

KnickLeDime
Bench Warmer

Post#598 » by KnickLeDime » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:16 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Sustained!

However, I've been a Knick fan since early 90's...I know a problem when I see one, even if it starts out...oh, we are just being cautious.

In fact, at this point none of us even know if he can play...he can't get on the court.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#599 » by GONYK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:18 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:

Sustained!

However, I've been a Knick fan since early 90's...I know a problem when I see one, even if it starts out...oh, we are just being cautious.

In fact, at this point none of us even know if he can play...he can't get on the court.

The problem you are identifying is that he's losing development time, which by your own admission he can catch up on, because other people banged into his knees on two separate occasions?

And that that will impact his career in such a way that will be so detrimental for the entire life of his career that he will be a bust?
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,351

Post#600 » by F N 11 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:41 pm

We saving our best players to go off on Melo. Don't you guys see.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.

Return to New York Knicks