ImageImageImageImageImage

FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, Knickstape1214, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, j4remi

User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 14,098
And1: 12,587
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1861 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:29 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
I don't think there's anywhere to go at the moment. He's tentative in terms of scoring, that was built in him years and year overseas as "team basketball first". He doesn't have the same AAU mentality...he will get there when he gets there.

It's a fair criticism...if he wasn't raw on offense he sure as hell wouldn't have been picked at #8...the key is to mold him. I'm comfortable being patient. There is no rush at the moment.



taking a Jump shot is something that he is not comfortable with?


Image


when he's playing with talented offensive players like KP, Kanter, THjr, McDermot?

yeah I could see him being a little less comfortable if say he misses a shot or two from the perimeter like he did last night. Then he might shy away from taking another when he knows he can try to set up one of his other talented offensive players.

It seems to me, and I'm sure most, he has natural playmaking skills and the scoring side he might have to force internally a little until he gets comfortable making that shot consistently.

I have no doubt if Frank came out in a game and drilled his first couple from the outside he would def put up those open shots he passed up last night. I just think he's fighting with himself because he has such a team mentality that if he misses his first couple from the perimeter he probably gets a bit gun shy. We have to remember the kid just turned 19, he comes off as a cool, calm, collected teenager...but he's still a teenager and I think he's super confident in every aspect of is game outside of scoring the basketball at this point.



Then you are PROVING the point made by me Cap and others in saying he must learn to fight through that through experience.


Second stop saying we have to remember he is 19. Who forgets that, but on the flipside Where do you play ball at or grew up at? There are kids 16 that know to shoot in those situations.

Stop with the Teenager stuff as the only reason why. Its not the full reason why he is that way he is on offense. Again. Frank has mental aspects of the game he must put himself through to learn. Its really that simple.... Saying that he should have shot in that situation Fury spoke on is perfectly fine.
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: G. Dieng | R. Holmes
PF J. Green | C. Diallo
SF B. Ingram | Cool Beas
SG K. Middleton | 2K Ferg
PG M. Fultz | T. Rozier

JC | D Reed | I. Whitehead | W. Ellington |B. Johnson
User avatar
CharlesOakley
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,651
And1: 820
Joined: Jun 27, 2006

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1862 » by CharlesOakley » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:30 pm

You guys are right he has been hesitating to shoot. However, it isn't a fear thing. He has taken some big shots in close games without any hesitation. We have almost 70 more regular season games for him to find his spots. He is too smart and hard-working a kid to not improve. I'm looking forward to the double-double with assists and steals that he will provide at some point.
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 46,511
And1: 19,007
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1863 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

taking a Jump shot is something that he is not comfortable with?


Image


when he's playing with talented offensive players like KP, Kanter, THjr, McDermot?

yeah I could see him being a little less comfortable if say he misses a shot or two from the perimeter like he did last night. Then he might shy away from taking another when he knows he can try to set up one of his other talented offensive players.

It seems to me, and I'm sure most, he has natural playmaking skills and the scoring side he might have to force internally a little until he gets comfortable making that shot consistently.

I have no doubt if Frank came out in a game and drilled his first couple from the outside he would def put up those open shots he passed up last night. I just think he's fighting with himself because he has such a team mentality that if he misses his first couple from the perimeter he probably gets a bit gun shy. We have to remember the kid just turned 19, he comes off as a cool, calm, collected teenager...but he's still a teenager and I think he's super confident in every aspect of is game outside of scoring the basketball at this point.



Then you are PROVING the point made by me Cap and others in saying he must learn to fight through that through experience.


Second stop saying we have to remember he is 19. Who forgets that, but on the flipside Where do you play ball at or grew up at? There are kids 16 that know to shoot in those situations.

Stop with the Teenager stuff as the only reason why. Its not the full reason why he is that way he is on offense. Again. Frank has mental aspects of the game he must put himself through to learn. Its really that simple....


WHO'S DISAGREEING WITH THAT?

frank has a lot to learn. As does every rookie. Josh Jackson and Fox need to become a better shooter, DSjr/Mitchell need to become a better distributors...Frank needs to become more assertive. It's clear as day. The learning process might take a year or two.

Your proving my point (in terms of the bold)...frank didn't grow up on the streets of NY or in an AAU system that promotes individuality. He has been drilled to be a playmaker and think team first (he is a heady player and tends to look to distribute even when the situation calls for him to shoot). It's going to take a lot more than 11 games for him to break a habit.

I would probably bet that it at least takes him another full offseason to show the offensive aggression we all are looking for...
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Zach Collins/Georgios Papa
PF - Dragan Bender/Noah Vonleh/JMM
SF - Jaylen Brown/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Dahntay Jones
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr/Wayne Seldon/Tomas Satoransky
PG - Kris Dunn/Shabazz Napier/Fred VanVleet

$47 cap remaining
knicks512
Sophomore
Posts: 134
And1: 627
Joined: Dec 24, 2014
       

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1864 » by knicks512 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:48 pm

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this, but Frank took a jumper at the start of the 4th and missed. Was taken out immediately after. It was an open jumper off of a screen - not a bad shot by any means - but he came out at the next whistle. Didn't like it one bit. Hornacek himself says he wants him to be more aggressive, but he takes a open shot and misses and immediately gets taken out. And I don't really buy that he was coming out there anyway, considering this happened after the 1st play of the 4th quarter. Not sure how that helps with his confidence.

11:47 Frank Ntilikina misses 23-foot jumper 61 - 76
11:44 Kyle Korver defensive rebound 61 - 76
11:39 Kyle O'Quinn personal foul 61 - 76
11:24 Kyle Korver misses 26-foot three point jumper 61 - 76
11:23 Cavaliers offensive team rebound 61 - 76
11:23 Kyle O'Quinn loose ball foul 61 - 76
11:23 Jarrett Jack enters the game for Frank Ntilikina 61 - 76

I was definitely thinking tank early in the year, but after seeing KP take this next step, I'm fine with us winning. It's only a good thing that we can't tank because our young stud is too good. That said, it should still be more important for us that Frank develops than it is for us to be a playoff team.
TruthBeTold
Senior
Posts: 730
And1: 123
Joined: Jul 06, 2015
     

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1865 » by TruthBeTold » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:55 pm

Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman discuss yesterday's game.

User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 46,511
And1: 19,007
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1866 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:58 pm

knicks512 wrote:I'm not sure if anyone noticed this, but Frank took a jumper at the start of the 4th and missed. Was taken out immediately after. It was an open jumper off of a screen - not a bad shot by any means - but he came out at the next whistle. Didn't like it one bit. Hornacek himself says he wants him to be more aggressive, but he takes a open shot and misses and immediately gets taken out. And I don't really buy that he was coming out there anyway, considering this happened after the 1st play of the 4th quarter. Not sure how that helps with his confidence.

11:47 Frank Ntilikina misses 23-foot jumper 61 - 76
11:44 Kyle Korver defensive rebound 61 - 76
11:39 Kyle O'Quinn personal foul 61 - 76
11:24 Kyle Korver misses 26-foot three point jumper 61 - 76
11:23 Cavaliers offensive team rebound 61 - 76
11:23 Kyle O'Quinn loose ball foul 61 - 76
11:23 Jarrett Jack enters the game for Frank Ntilikina 61 - 76

I was definitely thinking tank early in the year, but after seeing KP take this next step, I'm fine with us winning. It's only a good thing that we can't tank because our young stud is too good. That said, it should still be more important for us that Frank develops than it is for us to be a playoff team.


there is something to this. Frank is considered a pretty heady player with a great bbiq. But that also lead him to thinking about things too much. Especially if Horny in a tight game is going to have a short leash if he is missing his jump shot. That will hurt Frank's confidence. Now I don't know the specific reason Horny yanked Frank out at the start of the 4th...maybe it was to give him a couple minute blow so he could finish the game...but I don't think its out of the realm of possibilities that frank thinks if he's missing open jumpers he might get taken out. Now thats nothing he should worry about that is something the coaching staff and Jeff need to explain that as long as your make the right play we aren't going to take you out.

But its difficult because we are playing well and if we continue to play well, jeff is going to have to balance winning games and developing our rookie. For example down the stretch if he missed a open shot or turns the ball over he can't be quick to yank him just because he's a "rookie". He needs to learn to play through mistakes...
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Zach Collins/Georgios Papa
PF - Dragan Bender/Noah Vonleh/JMM
SF - Jaylen Brown/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Dahntay Jones
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr/Wayne Seldon/Tomas Satoransky
PG - Kris Dunn/Shabazz Napier/Fred VanVleet

$47 cap remaining
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 14,098
And1: 12,587
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1867 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:58 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
when he's playing with talented offensive players like KP, Kanter, THjr, McDermot?

yeah I could see him being a little less comfortable if say he misses a shot or two from the perimeter like he did last night. Then he might shy away from taking another when he knows he can try to set up one of his other talented offensive players.

It seems to me, and I'm sure most, he has natural playmaking skills and the scoring side he might have to force internally a little until he gets comfortable making that shot consistently.

I have no doubt if Frank came out in a game and drilled his first couple from the outside he would def put up those open shots he passed up last night. I just think he's fighting with himself because he has such a team mentality that if he misses his first couple from the perimeter he probably gets a bit gun shy. We have to remember the kid just turned 19, he comes off as a cool, calm, collected teenager...but he's still a teenager and I think he's super confident in every aspect of is game outside of scoring the basketball at this point.



Then you are PROVING the point made by me Cap and others in saying he must learn to fight through that through experience.


Second stop saying we have to remember he is 19. Who forgets that, but on the flipside Where do you play ball at or grew up at? There are kids 16 that know to shoot in those situations.

Stop with the Teenager stuff as the only reason why. Its not the full reason why he is that way he is on offense. Again. Frank has mental aspects of the game he must put himself through to learn. Its really that simple....


WHO'S DISAGREEING WITH THAT?

frank has a lot to learn. As does every rookie. Josh Jackson and Fox need to become a better shooter, DSjr/Mitchell need to become a better distributors...Frank needs to become more assertive. It's clear as day. The learning process might take a year or two.

Your proving my point (in terms of the bold)...frank didn't grow up on the streets of NY or in an AAU system that promotes individuality. He has been drilled to be a playmaker and think team first (he is a heady player and tends to look to distribute even when the situation calls for him to shoot). It's going to take a lot more than 11 games for him to break a habit.

I would probably bet that it at least takes him another full offseason to show the offensive aggression we all are looking for...



You want to paint Frank as he is this Nervous kid, and treat him like some baby a little to much. Fact of the matter is....I dont care where Frank Grew up playing Ball. He is in the NBA now, and saying that he should shoot in certain situations is tottally fine. Damn near every analysis from this board to pro websites to wally and Hahn, say he should look for his offense a little more now that we 13 games in. Yet you always want to swoop in on some captain save a Frank stuff. I bet if you spoke to Frank right now, he would agree with people saying that he should have shot/shoot more. Cause im 100% positive, that when Frank thinks about what he could have done better in a game...He is not just saying I should have been a better defender...Or I should I have gotten more dimes. He is ALSO thinking about what he could have done better on offense in regards to scoring. Its pretty simple. No Basketball player no matter where, he is from would not think about that in any sense. So again...why must you step in with a bunch of reasons....to fair points about his game on offense, espically when its come from people who ADORE Frank and want to see him succed . You said it would take him a season to drive...and dude has been driving more and more since you said that. Like I said...Im confident Frank can figure out alot of this schit THIS year....you feeding the whole...."he is a poor little french kid in the NBA narrative...dont ask him to do that for 2 years."
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: G. Dieng | R. Holmes
PF J. Green | C. Diallo
SF B. Ingram | Cool Beas
SG K. Middleton | 2K Ferg
PG M. Fultz | T. Rozier

JC | D Reed | I. Whitehead | W. Ellington |B. Johnson
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Veteran
Posts: 2,976
And1: 1,771
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1868 » by Are We Ther Yet » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:01 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
when he's playing with talented offensive players like KP, Kanter, THjr, McDermot?

yeah I could see him being a little less comfortable if say he misses a shot or two from the perimeter like he did last night. Then he might shy away from taking another when he knows he can try to set up one of his other talented offensive players.

It seems to me, and I'm sure most, he has natural playmaking skills and the scoring side he might have to force internally a little until he gets comfortable making that shot consistently.

I have no doubt if Frank came out in a game and drilled his first couple from the outside he would def put up those open shots he passed up last night. I just think he's fighting with himself because he has such a team mentality that if he misses his first couple from the perimeter he probably gets a bit gun shy. We have to remember the kid just turned 19, he comes off as a cool, calm, collected teenager...but he's still a teenager and I think he's super confident in every aspect of is game outside of scoring the basketball at this point.



Then you are PROVING the point made by me Cap and others in saying he must learn to fight through that through experience.


Second stop saying we have to remember he is 19. Who forgets that, but on the flipside Where do you play ball at or grew up at? There are kids 16 that know to shoot in those situations.

Stop with the Teenager stuff as the only reason why. Its not the full reason why he is that way he is on offense. Again. Frank has mental aspects of the game he must put himself through to learn. Its really that simple....


WHO'S DISAGREEING WITH THAT?

frank has a lot to learn. As does every rookie. Josh Jackson and Fox need to become a better shooter, DSjr/Mitchell need to become a better distributors...Frank needs to become more assertive. It's clear as day. The learning process might take a year or two.

Your proving my point (in terms of the bold)...frank didn't grow up on the streets of NY or in an AAU system that promotes individuality. He has been drilled to be a playmaker and think team first (he is a heady player and tends to look to distribute even when the situation calls for him to shoot). It's going to take a lot more than 11 games for him to break a habit.

I would probably bet that it at least takes him another full offseason to show the offensive aggression we all are looking for...


Nothing stopping him from starting to do it now. He has had several wide open looks that his body wanted to take instinctively but, you could see him pull it down and pass it off. Thinking too much about the miss. He had a perfect look at a 3 last night to tie the game in the end and he passed out off to Timmy for 2.

We needed scoring in Orlando and that's when I really noticed it with him.

I agree it takes time and all of that but, it's gonna be a problem if he never helps score. 5ppg is not gonna cut it.
knicks512
Sophomore
Posts: 134
And1: 627
Joined: Dec 24, 2014
       

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1869 » by knicks512 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:05 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Then you are PROVING the point made by me Cap and others in saying he must learn to fight through that through experience.


Second stop saying we have to remember he is 19. Who forgets that, but on the flipside Where do you play ball at or grew up at? There are kids 16 that know to shoot in those situations.

Stop with the Teenager stuff as the only reason why. Its not the full reason why he is that way he is on offense. Again. Frank has mental aspects of the game he must put himself through to learn. Its really that simple....


WHO'S DISAGREEING WITH THAT?

frank has a lot to learn. As does every rookie. Josh Jackson and Fox need to become a better shooter, DSjr/Mitchell need to become a better distributors...Frank needs to become more assertive. It's clear as day. The learning process might take a year or two.

Your proving my point (in terms of the bold)...frank didn't grow up on the streets of NY or in an AAU system that promotes individuality. He has been drilled to be a playmaker and think team first (he is a heady player and tends to look to distribute even when the situation calls for him to shoot). It's going to take a lot more than 11 games for him to break a habit.

I would probably bet that it at least takes him another full offseason to show the offensive aggression we all are looking for...



You want to paint Frank as he is this Nervous kid, and treat him like some baby a little to much. Fact of the matter is....I dont care where Frank Grew up playing Ball. He is in the NBA now, and saying that he should shoot in certain situations is tottally fine. Damn near every analysis from this board to pro websites to wally and Hahn, say he should look for his offense a little more now that we 13 games in. Yet you always want to swoop in on some captain save a Frank stuff. I bet if you spoke to Frank right now, he would agree with people saying that he should have shot/shoot more. Cause im 100% positive, that when Frank thinks about what he could have done better in a game...He is not just saying I should have been a better defender...Or I should I have gotten more dimes. He is ALSO thinking about what he could have done better on offense in regards to scoring. Its pretty simple. No Basketball player no matter where, he is from would not think about that in any sense. So again...why must you step in with a bunch of reasons....to fair points about his game on offense, espically when its come from people who ADORE Frank and want to see him succed . You said it would take him a season to drive...and dude has been driving more and more since you said that. Like I said...Im confident Frank can figure out alot of this schit THIS year....you feeding the whole...."he is a poor little french kid in the NBA narrative...dont ask him to do that for 2 years."


Dude are you reading the same posts I am? Because it seems like he's agreeing with you and you just choose to argue for no reason other than that you're argumentative.

Frank has a lot to learn...he needs to be more aggressive...it's clear as day. These are things he just said in the last post.

It does matter where he played before and how they played there. Basketball is played completely different in Europe. He has to adjust. What the hell is wrong with that? You think Mpharris doesn't want anything more than for it to take 1 or 2 games? Of course he wants it all to happen immediately, but he's being reasonable. If we're wrong and it takes him 5 games, we will be super happy to be super wrong.
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 14,098
And1: 12,587
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1870 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:09 pm

knicks512 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
WHO'S DISAGREEING WITH THAT?

frank has a lot to learn. As does every rookie. Josh Jackson and Fox need to become a better shooter, DSjr/Mitchell need to become a better distributors...Frank needs to become more assertive. It's clear as day. The learning process might take a year or two.

Your proving my point (in terms of the bold)...frank didn't grow up on the streets of NY or in an AAU system that promotes individuality. He has been drilled to be a playmaker and think team first (he is a heady player and tends to look to distribute even when the situation calls for him to shoot). It's going to take a lot more than 11 games for him to break a habit.

I would probably bet that it at least takes him another full offseason to show the offensive aggression we all are looking for...



You want to paint Frank as he is this Nervous kid, and treat him like some baby a little to much. Fact of the matter is....I dont care where Frank Grew up playing Ball. He is in the NBA now, and saying that he should shoot in certain situations is tottally fine. Damn near every analysis from this board to pro websites to wally and Hahn, say he should look for his offense a little more now that we 13 games in. Yet you always want to swoop in on some captain save a Frank stuff. I bet if you spoke to Frank right now, he would agree with people saying that he should have shot/shoot more. Cause im 100% positive, that when Frank thinks about what he could have done better in a game...He is not just saying I should have been a better defender...Or I should I have gotten more dimes. He is ALSO thinking about what he could have done better on offense in regards to scoring. Its pretty simple. No Basketball player no matter where, he is from would not think about that in any sense. So again...why must you step in with a bunch of reasons....to fair points about his game on offense, espically when its come from people who ADORE Frank and want to see him succed . You said it would take him a season to drive...and dude has been driving more and more since you said that. Like I said...Im confident Frank can figure out alot of this schit THIS year....you feeding the whole...."he is a poor little french kid in the NBA narrative...dont ask him to do that for 2 years."


Dude are you reading the same posts I am? Because it seems like he's agreeing with you and you just choose to argue for no reason other than that you're argumentative.

Frank has a lot to learn...he needs to be more aggressive...it's clear as day. These are things he just said in the last post.

It does matter where he played before and how they played there. Basketball is played completely different in Europe. He has to adjust. What the hell is wrong with that? You think Mpharris doesn't want anything more than for it to take 1 or 2 games? Of course he wants it all to happen immediately, but he's being reasonable. If we're wrong and it takes him 5 games, we will be super happy to be super wrong.



STFU this BS about argumetative. He is not agreeing with me Fully. IF that was the case me and MP would stop having these convos...you late to the party saying im the one argumentive, when its MPHARRIS that has the issue with what people say.
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: G. Dieng | R. Holmes
PF J. Green | C. Diallo
SF B. Ingram | Cool Beas
SG K. Middleton | 2K Ferg
PG M. Fultz | T. Rozier

JC | D Reed | I. Whitehead | W. Ellington |B. Johnson
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 46,511
And1: 19,007
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1871 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:09 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Then you are PROVING the point made by me Cap and others in saying he must learn to fight through that through experience.


Second stop saying we have to remember he is 19. Who forgets that, but on the flipside Where do you play ball at or grew up at? There are kids 16 that know to shoot in those situations.

Stop with the Teenager stuff as the only reason why. Its not the full reason why he is that way he is on offense. Again. Frank has mental aspects of the game he must put himself through to learn. Its really that simple....


WHO'S DISAGREEING WITH THAT?

frank has a lot to learn. As does every rookie. Josh Jackson and Fox need to become a better shooter, DSjr/Mitchell need to become a better distributors...Frank needs to become more assertive. It's clear as day. The learning process might take a year or two.

Your proving my point (in terms of the bold)...frank didn't grow up on the streets of NY or in an AAU system that promotes individuality. He has been drilled to be a playmaker and think team first (he is a heady player and tends to look to distribute even when the situation calls for him to shoot). It's going to take a lot more than 11 games for him to break a habit.

I would probably bet that it at least takes him another full offseason to show the offensive aggression we all are looking for...


Nothing stopping him from starting to do it now. He has had several wide open looks that his body wanted to take instinctively but, you could see him pull it down and pass it off. Thinking too much about the miss. He had a perfect look at a 3 last night to tie the game in the end and he passed out off to Timmy for 2.

We needed scoring in Orlando and that's when I really noticed it with him.

I agree it takes time and all of that but, it's gonna be a problem if he never helps score. 5ppg is not gonna cut it.


you do realize Giannis scored 6.8 ppg in 25 minutes his rookie year right? Also Kawhi scored about 7-8ppg in similar minutes as well. Some guys just don't come into the league with a scorers mentality...I am not going to write his offensive production off yet but I just letting you know sometimes its happens to the best of em. Do you think the bucks fans really care about Giannis scoring 6ppg in his rookie year now? It comes down to where frank is a year or two from now in my eyes. This is a learning process...
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Zach Collins/Georgios Papa
PF - Dragan Bender/Noah Vonleh/JMM
SF - Jaylen Brown/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Dahntay Jones
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr/Wayne Seldon/Tomas Satoransky
PG - Kris Dunn/Shabazz Napier/Fred VanVleet

$47 cap remaining
User avatar
K-DOT
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,366
And1: 3,221
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
       

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1872 » by K-DOT » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:10 pm

TruthBeTold wrote:Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman discuss yesterday's game.


How the f*ck do these dudes not know how to say Frank's name?

Sh*t like this is why ESPN isn't respectable

And SAS is really gonna go that hard for DSJ over Frank after 2015? F*ck this guy
And as far as real friends, tell all my cousins I love 'em
Even the one that stole the laptop, you dirty motherf*cker
knicks512
Sophomore
Posts: 134
And1: 627
Joined: Dec 24, 2014
       

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1873 » by knicks512 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:13 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
knicks512 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

You want to paint Frank as he is this Nervous kid, and treat him like some baby a little to much. Fact of the matter is....I dont care where Frank Grew up playing Ball. He is in the NBA now, and saying that he should shoot in certain situations is tottally fine. Damn near every analysis from this board to pro websites to wally and Hahn, say he should look for his offense a little more now that we 13 games in. Yet you always want to swoop in on some captain save a Frank stuff. I bet if you spoke to Frank right now, he would agree with people saying that he should have shot/shoot more. Cause im 100% positive, that when Frank thinks about what he could have done better in a game...He is not just saying I should have been a better defender...Or I should I have gotten more dimes. He is ALSO thinking about what he could have done better on offense in regards to scoring. Its pretty simple. No Basketball player no matter where, he is from would not think about that in any sense. So again...why must you step in with a bunch of reasons....to fair points about his game on offense, espically when its come from people who ADORE Frank and want to see him succed . You said it would take him a season to drive...and dude has been driving more and more since you said that. Like I said...Im confident Frank can figure out alot of this schit THIS year....you feeding the whole...."he is a poor little french kid in the NBA narrative...dont ask him to do that for 2 years."


Dude are you reading the same posts I am? Because it seems like he's agreeing with you and you just choose to argue for no reason other than that you're argumentative.

Frank has a lot to learn...he needs to be more aggressive...it's clear as day. These are things he just said in the last post.

It does matter where he played before and how they played there. Basketball is played completely different in Europe. He has to adjust. What the hell is wrong with that? You think Mpharris doesn't want anything more than for it to take 1 or 2 games? Of course he wants it all to happen immediately, but he's being reasonable. If we're wrong and it takes him 5 games, we will be super happy to be super wrong.



STFU. He is not agreeing with me Fully. IF that was the case me and MP would stop having these convos...you lat eto the party saying im the one agumetive when its MPHARRIS that has the issue with what people say.


Very adult response. That said, I've read plenty of both of your posts in the past. I've agreed with some of what you have to say and some of what he's said. I disagree with some of your posts and disagree with some of his. It seems here you agree. He's defending that these changes might not happen overnight, while acknowledging what you say are his faults. As am I. Your response is STFU. I'd imagine if you acted like you were over 14 years old you'd have a lot more productive conversations on here. Now go back to your homework before mom yells at you.
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 46,511
And1: 19,007
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1874 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:16 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
knicks512 wrote:
Dude are you reading the same posts I am? Because it seems like he's agreeing with you and you just choose to argue for no reason other than that you're argumentative.

Frank has a lot to learn...he needs to be more aggressive...it's clear as day. These are things he just said in the last post.

It does matter where he played before and how they played there. Basketball is played completely different in Europe. He has to adjust. What the hell is wrong with that? You think Mpharris doesn't want anything more than for it to take 1 or 2 games? Of course he wants it all to happen immediately, but he's being reasonable. If we're wrong and it takes him 5 games, we will be super happy to be super wrong.



STFU this BS about argumetative. He is not agreeing with me Fully. IF that was the case me and MP would stop having these convos...you late to the party saying im the one argumentive, when its MPHARRIS that has the issue with what people say.


my man I don't have an issue with anything you say. I might disagree with it doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion. Why would we stop having convos on a message board?

I guess I don't come from the be more aggressive or else camp, you consider it babying I consider it part of the player development process...all good. We just see it differently. We both thought very highly of frank before the draft and wanted the knicks to pick him, I guess I thought you coming from the frank camp would understand this would take some time...as long as he continues to be productive in other ways I will let him continue to develop at his own pace rather than force him to be more aggressive now.
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Zach Collins/Georgios Papa
PF - Dragan Bender/Noah Vonleh/JMM
SF - Jaylen Brown/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Dahntay Jones
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr/Wayne Seldon/Tomas Satoransky
PG - Kris Dunn/Shabazz Napier/Fred VanVleet

$47 cap remaining
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 14,098
And1: 12,587
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1875 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
knicks512 wrote:
Dude are you reading the same posts I am? Because it seems like he's agreeing with you and you just choose to argue for no reason other than that you're argumentative.

Frank has a lot to learn...he needs to be more aggressive...it's clear as day. These are things he just said in the last post.

It does matter where he played before and how they played there. Basketball is played completely different in Europe. He has to adjust. What the hell is wrong with that? You think Mpharris doesn't want anything more than for it to take 1 or 2 games? Of course he wants it all to happen immediately, but he's being reasonable. If we're wrong and it takes him 5 games, we will be super happy to be super wrong.



STFU this BS about argumetative. He is not agreeing with me Fully. IF that was the case me and MP would stop having these convos...you late to the party saying im the one argumentive, when its MPHARRIS that has the issue with what people say.


my man I don't have an issue with anything you say. I might disagree with it doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion. Why would we stop having convos on a message board?

I guess I don't come from the be more aggressive or else camp, you consider it babying I consider it part of the player development process...all good. We just see it differently. We both thought very highly of frank before the draft and wanted the knicks to pick him, I guess I thought you coming from the frank camp would understand this would take some time...as long as he continues to be productive in other ways I will let him continue to develop at his own pace rather than force him to be more aggressive now.



FAM STOP IT.

You cant say with a straight face that anyone has any ultimatums on Frank. Why you even going there bro.


Image
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: G. Dieng | R. Holmes
PF J. Green | C. Diallo
SF B. Ingram | Cool Beas
SG K. Middleton | 2K Ferg
PG M. Fultz | T. Rozier

JC | D Reed | I. Whitehead | W. Ellington |B. Johnson
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 20,457
And1: 5,497
Joined: Jul 12, 2009

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1876 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 pm

mpharris36 wrote:you do realize Giannis scored 6.8 ppg in 25 minutes his rookie year right? Some guys just don't come into the league with a scorers mentality...I am not going to write his offensive production off yet but I just letting you know sometimes its happens to the best of em. Do you think the bucks fans really care about Giannis scoring 6ppg in his rookie year now? It comes down to where frank is a year or two from now in my eyes. This is a learning process...


I'm only responding to you because I haven't read a lot of the preceding posts, but I want to strongly support what you just said.

IMO Frank is an unknown in terms of future offensive production, but to my eye has all of the potential in the world. I think his game could very well be highly elastic and he will have the capacity to switch gears and emphasize facets of his game to match the circumstances.

The good thing about his game already is a guy this talented on defense is building a foundation that ALWAYS IMPACTS THE GAME whether he is a big scorer or not.

One of the things I've noticed about guys like this is they rarely go into big funks over how they are playing. When in doubt, they'll contribute through defense. And that is an adaptable and steady mindset that eventually lends itself to switching those gears and scoring when the team needs it.

I already see him adding wrinkles to his offense and making more aggressive moves. I think it will creep up on people this steady progression and probably this season he'll have some breakout scoring nights. Not tons of them, but I feel it coming. And I think Frank could be a very clutch player. He has that vibe.

So I think mentioning the first year of Giannis is a good point. A guy coming into the league and immediately asserting themselves in all facets like a Magic or Bird is not that common. But some big stars came on in their 2nd and 3rd years and they show flashes in their rookie year. Frank can shoot and he can swoop to the rim. I believe in his offensive potential.
...............................................................................Image
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 46,511
And1: 19,007
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1877 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

STFU this BS about argumetative. He is not agreeing with me Fully. IF that was the case me and MP would stop having these convos...you late to the party saying im the one argumentive, when its MPHARRIS that has the issue with what people say.


my man I don't have an issue with anything you say. I might disagree with it doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion. Why would we stop having convos on a message board?

I guess I don't come from the be more aggressive or else camp, you consider it babying I consider it part of the player development process...all good. We just see it differently. We both thought very highly of frank before the draft and wanted the knicks to pick him, I guess I thought you coming from the frank camp would understand this would take some time...as long as he continues to be productive in other ways I will let him continue to develop at his own pace rather than force him to be more aggressive now.



FAM STOP IT.

You cant say with a straight face that anyone has any ultimatums on Frank. Why you even going there bro.


Image


if thats all you picked up from that post...well I dont know at this point. We will just agree to disagree. I didn't mean it as an ultimatum just was pointing out some people are getting on him a little to early in his career for things we knew he probably would struggle with his rookie year. You called it "babying" from my POV. I call it being patient...
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Zach Collins/Georgios Papa
PF - Dragan Bender/Noah Vonleh/JMM
SF - Jaylen Brown/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Dahntay Jones
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr/Wayne Seldon/Tomas Satoransky
PG - Kris Dunn/Shabazz Napier/Fred VanVleet

$47 cap remaining
User avatar
boomann21
RealGM
Posts: 25,858
And1: 2,539
Joined: Dec 07, 2005
Location: In the Wind

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1878 » by boomann21 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:23 pm

K-DOT wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote:Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman discuss yesterday's game.


How the f*ck do these dudes not know how to say Frank's name?

Sh*t like this is why ESPN isn't respectable

And SAS is really gonna go that hard for DSJ over Frank after 2015? F*ck this guy


Stephen A also hated when we picked KP. I think it's on YouTube also. That guy should love Frank just because he looked stupid with our last pick. KP was the for sure right pick.
Image
User avatar
robillionaire
Veteran
Posts: 2,529
And1: 1,795
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Manhattan
       

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1879 » by robillionaire » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:24 pm

Some of the greatest scorers in NBA history averaged below 10ppg as a rookie

Chill
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 46,511
And1: 19,007
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#1880 » by mpharris36 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:you do realize Giannis scored 6.8 ppg in 25 minutes his rookie year right? Some guys just don't come into the league with a scorers mentality...I am not going to write his offensive production off yet but I just letting you know sometimes its happens to the best of em. Do you think the bucks fans really care about Giannis scoring 6ppg in his rookie year now? It comes down to where frank is a year or two from now in my eyes. This is a learning process...


I'm only responding to you because I haven't read a lot of the preceding posts, but I want to strongly support what you just said.

IMO Frank is an unknown in terms of future offensive production, but to my eye has all of the potential in the world. I think his game could very well be highly elastic and he will have the capacity to switch gears and emphasize facets of his game to match the circumstances.

The good thing about his game already is a guy this talented on defense is building a foundation that ALWAYS IMPACTS THE GAME whether he is a big scorer or not.

One of the things I've noticed about guys like this is they rarely go into big funks over how they are playing. When in doubt, they'll contribute through defense. And that is an adaptable and steady mindset that eventually lends itself to switching those gears and scoring when the team needs it.

I already see him adding wrinkles to his offense and making more aggressive moves. I think it will creep up on people this steady progression and probably this season he'll have some breakout scoring nights. Not tons of them, but I feel it coming. And I think Frank could be a very clutch player. He has that vibe.

So I think mentioning the first year of Giannis is a good point. A guy coming into the league and immediately asserting themselves in all facets like a Magic or Bird is not that common. But some big stars came on in their 2nd and 3rd years and they show flashes in their rookie year. Frank can shoot and he can swoop to the rim. I believe in his offensive potential.


I couldn't agree with you more. Pretty much my exact sentiments. As long as he is positively effecting the game his rookie year (defense/playmaking). I can live with the growing pains in terms of scoring aggression because I knew that would be his struggle early in his career. The guy played all last year as a after thought on his club team in terms of being an offensive contributor and we should expect just because he's in the NBA now to totally change his mentality? It takes time.

Now if we are having this same conversation this time next year...I might start to be more on the same wave length as ill.

I kinda expected him to be in the 5-7ppg range this year...I hope him to be more in the 10-12 ppg next year...
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Zach Collins/Georgios Papa
PF - Dragan Bender/Noah Vonleh/JMM
SF - Jaylen Brown/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Dahntay Jones
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr/Wayne Seldon/Tomas Satoransky
PG - Kris Dunn/Shabazz Napier/Fred VanVleet

$47 cap remaining

Return to New York Knicks