ImageImageImageImageImage

FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, K-DOT, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, Jeff Van Gully, j4remi, Thorn, King of Canada, mpharris36, mrpoetryNmotion, Deeeez Knicks

User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 23,464
And1: 15,204
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#581 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:59 am

EchelonNYK wrote:
Fury wrote:Who is a bigger black hole, Enes Kanter or Maurice Taylor


Maurice was the biggest black hole. Christ.


Othello Harrington. The original black hole. The ball never came out. Ever.
User avatar
ezmoney707
Head Coach
Posts: 6,913
And1: 850
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
     

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#582 » by ezmoney707 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:39 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:
Fury wrote:Who is a bigger black hole, Enes Kanter or Maurice Taylor


Maurice was the biggest black hole. Christ.


Othello Harrington. The original black hole. The ball never came out. Ever.

We have a winner
Philly
Dejounte Murray /Matthew Dellavedov
Evan Fournier/ Alex Abrines
Miles Bridges/ Chandler Hutchison /Džanan Musa
Blake Griffin/ Marvin Williams
Myles Turner/ John Collins
User avatar
stuporman
RealGM
Posts: 19,150
And1: 3,895
Joined: Nov 27, 2005
Location: realistic skeptical optimist

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#583 » by stuporman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:03 am

Image
Ugly win > Pretty loss
Those who'd rather see their team fail so they can be right are fans of their opinion not the team.
:meditate:
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 17,557
And1: 4,504
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#584 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:40 am

Honorable mention yo Zach Randolph. Mo Taylor has my vote though. I remember Mo having one of the nastiest facial dunks I have seen that got called offensive foul because of a slight arm extension. Only thing I liked about him was thst 1 play
Timberwolves: 69
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: Ibaka/T.Young/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: Porter Jr/Anunoby/T.Young
SG: Barton/Anunoby/Afflalo
PG: Schroder/Barrea/Exum
User avatar
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
Posts: 5,799
And1: 11,497
Joined: Feb 28, 2015
Location: Sunnydale
       

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#585 » by Triple C » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:30 am

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 13,599
And1: 8,801
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#586 » by King of Canada » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter


Is that the blueprint location?

Confirmed

Image
BAF Pacers :king:
Brandon Knight l Frank Mason
Goran Dragic l Dwayne Wade l Josh Okogie
Luka Doncic l Cedi Osman l Jacob Evans
Lauri Markkanen l Jeff Green l Justin Jackson(MD)
Kristaps Porzingis l Harry Giles l Anzejs Pasecniks
Exempt Frank Jackson
User avatar
KnickLeDime
Pro Prospect
Posts: 965
And1: 456
Joined: May 03, 2012

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#587 » by KnickLeDime » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:53 pm

This kid dating back to summer league just can't get on the court. I say this in full seriousness...this kid is trending bust big time right now. And the one game he did play, looked very pedestrian.How many months now has he been bothered by some lower leg thing?

Yeah yeah...I know...give him a chance. In the meantime kids we passed up look much better and are actually practicing and playing. Not happy man...
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 53,299
And1: 24,294
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#588 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:55 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:This kid dating back to summer league just can't get on the court. I say this in full seriousness...this kid is trending bust big time right now. And the one game he did play, looked very pedestrian.How many months now has he been bothered by some lower leg thing?

Yeah yeah...I know...give him a chance. In the meantime kids we passed up look much better and are actually practicing and playing. Not happy man...


Image
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Kevin Looney/Papagiannis
PF - Michael Porter Jr/Ryan Anderson/Kevin Hervey
SF - Jaylen Brown/Tomas Satoransky/Lance Thomas
SG - E'twaun Moore/Lonnie Walker/Wayne Seldon
PG - Kyle Lowry/Shabazz Napier/Tony Carr
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 53,595
And1: 19,230
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#589 » by GONYK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:57 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:This kid dating back to summer league just can't get on the court. I say this in full seriousness...this kid is trending bust big time right now. And the one game he did play, looked very pedestrian.How many months now has he been bothered by some lower leg thing?

Yeah yeah...I know...give him a chance. In the meantime kids we passed up look much better and are actually practicing and playing. Not happy man...


It's good to know you can say something ridiculous in full seriousness.
User avatar
KnickLeDime
Pro Prospect
Posts: 965
And1: 456
Joined: May 03, 2012

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#590 » by KnickLeDime » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:58 pm

GONYK wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:This kid dating back to summer league just can't get on the court. I say this in full seriousness...this kid is trending bust big time right now. And the one game he did play, looked very pedestrian.How many months now has he been bothered by some lower leg thing?

Yeah yeah...I know...give him a chance. In the meantime kids we passed up look much better and are actually practicing and playing. Not happy man...


It's good to know you can say something ridiculous in full seriousness.


I expected this type of reaction...you aren't concerned AT ALL that this kid is constantly banged up with leg/knee issues? He's can't even get on the court to practice. Knicks medical staff is horrendous, constantly hide injuries etc.
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 53,299
And1: 24,294
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#591 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:01 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:
GONYK wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:This kid dating back to summer league just can't get on the court. I say this in full seriousness...this kid is trending bust big time right now. And the one game he did play, looked very pedestrian.How many months now has he been bothered by some lower leg thing?

Yeah yeah...I know...give him a chance. In the meantime kids we passed up look much better and are actually practicing and playing. Not happy man...


It's good to know you can say something ridiculous in full seriousness.


I expected this type of reaction...you aren't concerned AT ALL that this kid is constantly banged up with leg/knee issues? He's can't even get on the court to practice. Knicks medical staff is horrendous, constantly hide injuries etc.


it's a long season and we don't plan on being any good so what exactly is the rush of getting him back? He played an extremely long euro season. Much longer than any college player played. So whats wrong with being extra cautious in the preseason when its not like we need to get out of the gate running either when we are trying to lose.
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Kevin Looney/Papagiannis
PF - Michael Porter Jr/Ryan Anderson/Kevin Hervey
SF - Jaylen Brown/Tomas Satoransky/Lance Thomas
SG - E'twaun Moore/Lonnie Walker/Wayne Seldon
PG - Kyle Lowry/Shabazz Napier/Tony Carr
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 53,595
And1: 19,230
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#592 » by GONYK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:03 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:
GONYK wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:This kid dating back to summer league just can't get on the court. I say this in full seriousness...this kid is trending bust big time right now. And the one game he did play, looked very pedestrian.How many months now has he been bothered by some lower leg thing?

Yeah yeah...I know...give him a chance. In the meantime kids we passed up look much better and are actually practicing and playing. Not happy man...


It's good to know you can say something ridiculous in full seriousness.


I expected this type of reaction...you aren't concerned AT ALL that this kid is constantly banged up with leg/knee issues? He's can't even get on the court to practice. Knicks medical staff is horrendous, constantly hide injuries etc.


He's had teammates bang into his knees twice, and they are being cautious because preseason is mostly meaningless. The injuries are different, and not related to each other.

These are things that happen in basketball. Plus, Frank has still been working out and practicing individually. He just has not been participating in contact drills or scrimmages.

It's not like he had a torn ACL, and then stopped teams from looking at his medical records. That would be more concerning.
Wolfgang630
Head Coach
Posts: 6,365
And1: 3,993
Joined: Feb 07, 2016
 

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#593 » by Wolfgang630 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:04 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:This kid dating back to summer league just can't get on the court. I say this in full seriousness...this kid is trending bust big time right now. And the one game he did play, looked very pedestrian.How many months now has he been bothered by some lower leg thing?

Yeah yeah...I know...give him a chance. In the meantime kids we passed up look much better and are actually practicing and playing. Not happy man...


Talk about overreacting.
User avatar
KnickLeDime
Pro Prospect
Posts: 965
And1: 456
Joined: May 03, 2012

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#594 » by KnickLeDime » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:04 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:
GONYK wrote:
It's good to know you can say something ridiculous in full seriousness.


I expected this type of reaction...you aren't concerned AT ALL that this kid is constantly banged up with leg/knee issues? He's can't even get on the court to practice. Knicks medical staff is horrendous, constantly hide injuries etc.


it's a long season and we don't plan on being any good so what exactly is the rush of getting him back? He played an extremely long euro season. Much longer than any college player played. So whats wrong with being extra cautious in the preseason when its not like we need to get out of the gate running either when we are trying to lose.


There's NOTHING wrong with having low expectations. I'm all-aboard team tank...if you look through my post history. However, he is a young kid who for going on 4 month's basically can't get on the court. He missed all of summer league and the instruction that took place there at least all the games played. Training camps opens he again can't get on the court and in fact isn't even practicing with the team.

Maybe I'm just a beaten-down Knick fan...I don't like how it's going with him one bit.
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 53,299
And1: 24,294
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#595 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:06 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:
There's NOTHING wrong with having low expectations. I'm all-aboard team tank...if you look through my post history. However, he is a young kid who for going on 4 month's basically can't get on the court. He missed all of summer league and the instruction that took place there at least all the games played. Training camps opens he again can't get on the court and in fact isn't even practicing.


being cautious and having low expectation are two different things. We can still be cautious and expect good things from Frank. Will these meaningless preaseason games really make or break franks rookie year? ??
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Kevin Looney/Papagiannis
PF - Michael Porter Jr/Ryan Anderson/Kevin Hervey
SF - Jaylen Brown/Tomas Satoransky/Lance Thomas
SG - E'twaun Moore/Lonnie Walker/Wayne Seldon
PG - Kyle Lowry/Shabazz Napier/Tony Carr
User avatar
KnickLeDime
Pro Prospect
Posts: 965
And1: 456
Joined: May 03, 2012

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#596 » by KnickLeDime » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:12 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:
There's NOTHING wrong with having low expectations. I'm all-aboard team tank...if you look through my post history. However, he is a young kid who for going on 4 month's basically can't get on the court. He missed all of summer league and the instruction that took place there at least all the games played. Training camps opens he again can't get on the court and in fact isn't even practicing.


being cautious and having low expectation are two different things. We can still be cautious and expect good things from Frank. Will these meaningless preaseason games really make or break franks rookie year? ??


Again, the concern is NOT that he's not playing in pre-season or even summer league games. These games are meaningless for purpose of any records etc. Where they are meaningful is legitimate competition, learning, instructional purposes etc. The concern is he is falling behind in his development, the fact that he isn't practicing with the team and only marginally at best picking up the schemes, working with other players etc. to me is a big problem. Can he catch up, yes, absolutely, problem is he's been a Knick since June and he literally can't get on the court. So when it's December and he's still nursing various lower body injuries...that won't concern you?
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 53,299
And1: 24,294
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#597 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:
There's NOTHING wrong with having low expectations. I'm all-aboard team tank...if you look through my post history. However, he is a young kid who for going on 4 month's basically can't get on the court. He missed all of summer league and the instruction that took place there at least all the games played. Training camps opens he again can't get on the court and in fact isn't even practicing.


being cautious and having low expectation are two different things. We can still be cautious and expect good things from Frank. Will these meaningless preaseason games really make or break franks rookie year? ??


Again, the concern is NOT that he's not playing in pre-season or even summer league games. These games are meaningless for purpose of any records etc. Where they are meaningful is legitimate competition, learning, instructional purposes etc. The concern is he is falling behind in his development, the fact that he isn't practicing with the team and only marginally at best picking up the schemes, working with other players etc. to me is a big problem. Can he catch up, yes, absolutely, problem is he's been a Knick since June and he literally can't get on the court. So when it's December and he's still nursing various lower body injuries...that won't concern you?


Image
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Kevin Looney/Papagiannis
PF - Michael Porter Jr/Ryan Anderson/Kevin Hervey
SF - Jaylen Brown/Tomas Satoransky/Lance Thomas
SG - E'twaun Moore/Lonnie Walker/Wayne Seldon
PG - Kyle Lowry/Shabazz Napier/Tony Carr
User avatar
KnickLeDime
Pro Prospect
Posts: 965
And1: 456
Joined: May 03, 2012

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#598 » by KnickLeDime » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:16 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
being cautious and having low expectation are two different things. We can still be cautious and expect good things from Frank. Will these meaningless preaseason games really make or break franks rookie year? ??


Again, the concern is NOT that he's not playing in pre-season or even summer league games. These games are meaningless for purpose of any records etc. Where they are meaningful is legitimate competition, learning, instructional purposes etc. The concern is he is falling behind in his development, the fact that he isn't practicing with the team and only marginally at best picking up the schemes, working with other players etc. to me is a big problem. Can he catch up, yes, absolutely, problem is he's been a Knick since June and he literally can't get on the court. So when it's December and he's still nursing various lower body injuries...that won't concern you?


Image


Sustained!
Image

However, I've been a Knick fan since early 90's...I know a problem when I see one, even if it starts out...oh, we are just being cautious.

In fact, at this point none of us even know if he can play...he can't get on the court.
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 53,595
And1: 19,230
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#599 » by GONYK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:18 pm

KnickLeDime wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:
Again, the concern is NOT that he's not playing in pre-season or even summer league games. These games are meaningless for purpose of any records etc. Where they are meaningful is legitimate competition, learning, instructional purposes etc. The concern is he is falling behind in his development, the fact that he isn't practicing with the team and only marginally at best picking up the schemes, working with other players etc. to me is a big problem. Can he catch up, yes, absolutely, problem is he's been a Knick since June and he literally can't get on the court. So when it's December and he's still nursing various lower body injuries...that won't concern you?


Image


Sustained!
Image

However, I've been a Knick fan since early 90's...I know a problem when I see one, even if it starts out...oh, we are just being cautious.

In fact, at this point none of us even know if he can play...he can't get on the court.


The problem you are identifying is that he's losing development time, which by your own admission he can catch up on, because other people banged into his knees on two separate occasions?

And that that will impact his career in such a way that will be so detrimental for the entire life of his career that he will be a bust?
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 38,912
And1: 14,653
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#600 » by K P 6 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:41 pm

We saving our best players to go off on Melo. Don't you guys see.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. Porzinigis Army. Mikal/KNOX MOB.
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him

Return to New York Knicks