ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise Discussion (Part 6) - FULL Power Rankings up on Page 52!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#1021 » by Greenie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:36 pm

swisscheeseD wrote:
Greenie wrote:Interesting trade. I see you Swiss. That pick you owe me may just be conveyed this year after all...

I was never keeping Wiggins...and I was never going to be a lottery team with Kawhi on my roster...that Pick was always going to be conveyed.

I just didn’t think I was going to be sitting on him for that long...I was beginning to get nervous.

Kawhi doesn't get you to the playoffs by himself. No player does.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Re: RE: Re: Build a Franchise Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#1022 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:37 pm

Greenie wrote:
swisscheeseD wrote:
Greenie wrote:Interesting trade. I see you Swiss. That pick you owe me may just be conveyed this year after all...

I was never keeping Wiggins...and I was never going to be a lottery team with Kawhi on my roster...that Pick was always going to be conveyed.

I just didn’t think I was going to be sitting on him for that long...I was beginning to get nervous.

LeBron does
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: RE: Re: Build a Franchise Discussion (Part 6) 

Post#1023 » by Greenie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:40 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
Greenie wrote:
swisscheeseD wrote:

LeBron does

Not anymore. LeBron is hitting 33 too. This is a Sim. It's not dependent on player bias. It's looking at numbers.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1024 » by King of Canada » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:44 pm

Read on Twitter
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#1025 » by swisscheeseD » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:44 pm

Welcome, Monte Morris! Good day to be a Bulls fan!

Been a longtime fan of this kids game. Lost a pretty penny on a 50-1 shot for that Hoiberg-led Iowa St. team to win a National Championship...always reminded me of a cross between Darren Collison and Mike Conley. Obviously scouts and GM’s see a lower ceiling, but happy to have him develop behind a guy like Rondo, who could do wonders for him.
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
Brazilian Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 982

Post#1026 » by Brazilian Knick » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:49 pm

Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee believes Justin Jackson has a better chance of starting that De'Aaron Fox.

"George Hill has the edge over Fox for the staring PG role entering camp, but the small forward position is wide open. Shooting guards Buddy Hield, Bogdan Bogdanovic and Garrett Temple could all see time at the 3, but Jackson has a good chance of starting over the 40-year-old Vince Carter. This is something to watch in training camp, but the rookie is only worth a flier in deeper leagues for now." Sep 24 - 1:34 PM
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2020-21
G: Blue Arrow | |
G: The Beard | |
F: | |
C: | |
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,493

Post#1027 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:50 pm

King of Canada wrote:
Read on Twitter

FAWK
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#1028 » by moocow007 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:52 pm

If anyone needs help or advice on who to pick and not to pick let me know. Same with getting an idea of who else may be worth going after that hasn't been listed yet. I'm tapped out so no more bidding for me. I'm open to trades but right now I would prefer to see how things shake out with everyone's team before I would consider trading the top 8 or 9 guys on my list so the offer would have to be a can't pass on type offer. My list in mostly ordered in terms of most minutes to least with starters first then reserves.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1029 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:06 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
Read on Twitter

FAWK

NICK YOUNG with the fire power off the bench to start you off strong.... :o
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1030 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:17 pm

Brazilian Knick wrote:Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee believes Justin Jackson has a better chance of starting that De'Aaron Fox.

"George Hill has the edge over Fox for the staring PG role entering camp, but the small forward position is wide open. Shooting guards Buddy Hield, Bogdan Bogdanovic and Garrett Temple could all see time at the 3, but Jackson has a good chance of starting over the 40-year-old Vince Carter. This is something to watch in training camp, but the rookie is only worth a flier in deeper leagues for now." Sep 24 - 1:34 PM

That's because he's the only good SF on the team - I think Bogdan is more of a 2.

Edit -- I want to add what I was saying in the draft thread from last year, he reminds me of Rip Hamilton.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,326

Post#1031 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:30 pm

Jose7 wrote:Hi Guys.

Like your team a lot. Your backcourt is fire....i think Donovan Mitchell is going to be a stud... Plays with a tough edge
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,167

Post#1032 » by Capn'O » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:34 pm

Sac is kinda stacked all of a sudden. They could be decent probably not this year but next year. Kind of inspiring that it can happen so fast.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1033 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:40 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
Read on Twitter

FAWK

NICK YOUNG with the fire power off the bench to start you off strong.... :o

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1034 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:41 pm

nick young's price just went up
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#1035 » by magnumt » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:03 am

Power Rankings

Eastern Conference
***Top 4 Teams (In NO particular order because they're currently so close to each other):***
1. Bulls - Went from a possibility to make the Playoffs to a LOCK for Top 4 in the East. Defense galore, his only weakness currently is the bench and Perimeter scoring options (Bazemore's inconsistencies and the corpse of MDJr make this a concern).

2. Celtics - Harden has Lob City GALORE in Griffin & Drummond to compliment his elite scoring prowess. Just a few question marks remain, like the quality of his bench depth and if Tony Allen's elite defense is enough to cover Harden.

3. Wizards - :D Well balanced team. Scoring AND passing from the Perimeter AND Post. Longevity is a concern as this is definitely a win now team. Dame has PLENTY of options tho (unlike the IRL Trailblazers).

4. Hawks - Much like the Wizards, a DEFINITE win now team. The GM did an EXCELLENT job in getting talent around Durant! Not bad depth on the bench either.
===================================
5. Bucks - At the start of this, I was worried about the Bucks. But not so much now. He didn't do such a great job of panning out the bench and the only reason Spree is ranked higher is because he currently has the better bench. Would be a GREAT 4/5 Seed matchup between these 2 teams in the Playoffs tho! :D

6. Pistons - After some BOLD early trades and signings, the Pistons have formed a very balanced team. A PnR gem with Hill & LMA, and she WISELY found defensive Centers to move LMA to PF. Good slasher in Harrison Barnes too. She has a bright current AND future team with all those picks and cap space! Plenty of excellent defense too!

7. Raptors- This GM has done an GREAT job for a 1st timer and one who's IRL health issues & timezone has cost him some bid options. He has scoring (Post AND Perimeter), GREAT defense, and GREAT Cap/Pick flexibility.

8. Knicks - This one was a battle. With Remi juuuuuuuuuuuuust edging out IllmaticHandler for the last spot (due to NY having a little more known production as opposed to Orlando's). Good Defense on the Wing AND Post. Once ZBo comes off next year, he can add another great piece too! :love: the French Connection too (Ntilikina to Gibert)! :D
9. Magic - An injury to the Knicks or Raptors could easily swap them into the 7th or 8th spot. Excellent Cap and Youth! Great balance on the bench AND starting lineup.

10. Heat - EXCELLENT future. Great Cap. Could be a Playoff team lock next year!

11. Hornets - Great trade to get a young Franchise player to pair with his other youth. Good picks and EXCELLENT Cap. Team FINALLY has a direction! :clap:

12. Nets - Michael Porter Jr. will look niiiiiiiiiiiice next to Lonzo, Simmons & CJ next year! :D His top 3 Cap commitments and SEVERELY lacking bench has him out of the Playoffs. Buuuuuuuuut, with a potentially VERY bright future (much like the IRL 76'ers)! :D

13. Pacers - EXCELLENT future with a SURE FIRE Franchise player in Porzingis and possibilities in Murray, Giles and Markannen. Doncic will look VERY nice here with the Euro flavor! :P

14. Cavs - Great youth! Great future! Just needs better balance.

15. 76'ers - Yeah, umm...nice foundation with Klay, Turner, and a possible extra 1st (Warriors) to pair with his top 3 Pick. $1 rest of team it is tho! :lol:

Western Conference
***Top 4 Teams (In NO particular order because they're currently so close to each other):***
1. Timberwolves - One of the best Frontlines in the League. The Perimeter game needs some fortification, but Schroeder has a TON of options. Reminds a lot of the IRL Hawks teams with Horford, Milsap and Teague. He just needs a Korver. :D

2. Grizzlies - EXTREMELY well balanced starting lineup. Great balance of offense AND defense in BOTH lineups. Good contracts and Cap flexibility. Health might be a concern but clearly a title contender.

3. Trailblazers - King James teams up with the MVP and the soft ass center to form a Big 2.5. The lack of a quality bench and DESPERATE need for Perimeter scoring may bite him in the ass come Playoff time.

4. Nuggets - The Wizards of the West! :D Have everything from Post scoring and Perimeter game, to DYNAMIC passing. Good Defense and decent cap management. Best backcourt in the League IMO too. Health may be a concern and Depth coverage.
5. Warriors - After a controversial bid and Trade to start things off, breaking up the then best backcourt in the League, they've bounced back NICELY! He even has the same problems the IRL Warriors have: lack of Center depth. :D PnR game with Nurkic will be a thing of beauty tho!

6. Thunder - Injury concerns to his Top 3 guys is why he's not higher. But he's built a nice Roster, improving a little on the IRL Grizzlies. Thompson was a HUGE add tho and fortifies the grittiness of this team NICELY! :clap:

7. Mavs - That starting lineup is SICK! Defense, Offense AND a fun running Team! They need more backcourt depth tho, especially with Jrue's/Beal's health concerns. Deep ass Frontcourt tho, so he's halfway there. :D

8. Suns - This was a huuuuuuuuuuuge 3-way FEROCIOUS battle for this spot! But the versatility and dynamic play of George along with the Post controlling skills of Jordan, gives Nelson some PERFECT targets. IMO he's the perfect PG for them. He has good team Defense, and Mudiay and ZaZa serve as decent backups. GREAT Cap management too! A solid 3PT shooter would SOLIDIFY his Playoff chances! :nod:
9. Kings - IMO he should switch Kyrie to SG and move Ullis to starting PG because Kyrie is NOT a fulltime PG. Ullis' dynamic play and BOTH of their scoring abilities will work BETTER side-by-side rather than as backups. This IMHO will help vault him higher in the standings. You can then move Mitchell to the bench (who fits better alongside Crabbe). Team has good Offense and Defense.

10. Lakers - I'm in :love: with this team! Best youthful talent in the LEAGUE IMO! :nod: EXCELLENT team structure, and GREAT cap management! If only the IRL Lakers were this bright! :lol: Their lack of PG depth is what's really costing them the "L" in the 3-war War! :lol:

11. Clippers - Excellent starting lineup, full of equal Offense, Defense, Youth and Cap management. But that gawd awful bench ( :wave: ) is what's keeping them out of the Playoffs currently. ESPECIALLY with injury risks HIGH with Gallo, Gasol and Walker...and not many options behind them. :-?

12. Jazz - Just like the Lakers, he has GREAT youth and depth! EXCELLENT cap management too! Just wish he'd pick a direction, tank or Playoffs? Trading away picks and then players is conflicting. For the :love: of gawd, would SOMEONE get this man some Perimeter scoring?!?! :banghead: @ Winslow AND turner! :-?

13. Rockets - Another team needing more directional clarity. Their future hinges A LOT on Parker's health. Excellent cap management too and a good future (if Parker can comeback well enough). Great defensive potential tho.

14. Pelicans - Better Cap management and deeper quality prospect depth has him higher than the Spurs. Better defense too! He's done a good job of picking his spots for bid battles. A Top 5 pick will look nice on this team next year! :D

15. Spurs - Great youth, and Davis FINALLY has a Perimeter scorer next to him, now he's lacking proper PG play. Could have a DYNASTY level team going forward with a Foward heavy Draft (think Duncan/Robinson all over again! :D ). Now, hopefully Pop survives that long! :lol:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion (Part 6) - Power Rankings up on Page 52! 

Post#1036 » by Mecca » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:28 am

mpharris!!! B*** you thought! :lol:

mp going to be sick. He probably thought he had Abrines locked up. :lol: AA was on my short list and I couldn't lose him. After searching around the league, I knew I had no chance to get my other target, so I had to jump on Abrines.

Abrines got the strap man. 38% from 3 his rookie year. Think he's going to be in impact player and 6th man for the Thunder this year. Needed someone with a strap for Zo/Ben to drive and kick with and got one of the best young shooters in the game.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Brazilian Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 982

Post#1037 » by Brazilian Knick » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:41 am

magnumt wrote:
    Power Rankings

Eastern Conference
1. Bulls - Went from a possibility to make the Playoffs to a LOCK for Top 4 in the East. Defense galore, his only weakness currently is the bench and Perimeter scoring options (Bazemore's inconsistencies and the corpse of MDJr make this a concern).

2. Celtics - Harden has Lob City GALORE in Griffin & Drummond to compliment his elite scoring prowess. Just a few question marks remain, like the quality of his bench depth and if Tony Allen's elite defense is enough to cover Harden.

3. Wizards - :D Well balanced team. Scoring AND passing from the Perimeter AND Post. Longevity is a concern as this is definitely a win now team. Dame has PLENTY of options tho (unlike the IRL Trailblazers).

4. Hawks - Much like the Wizards, a DEFINITE win now team. The GM did an EXCELLENT job in getting talent around Durant! Not bad depth on the bench either.
5. Bucks - At the start of this, I was worried about the Bucks. But not so much now. He didn't do such a great job of panning out the bench and the only reason Spree is ranked higher is because he currently has the better bench. Would be a GREAT 4/5 Seed matchup between these 2 teams in the Playoffs tho! :D

6. Pistons - After some BOLD early trades and signings, the Pistons have formed a very balanced team. A PnR gem with Hill & LMA, and she WISELY found defensive Centers to move LMA to PF. Good slasher in Harrison Barnes too. She has a bright current AND future team with all those picks and cap space! Plenty of excellent defense too!

7. Raptors- This GM has done an GREAT job for a 1st timer and one who's IRL health issues & timezone has cost him some bid options. He has scoring (Post AND Perimeter), GREAT defense, and GREAT Cap/Pick flexibility.

8. Knicks - This one was a battle. With Remi juuuuuuuuuuuuust edging out IllmaticHandler for the last spot (due to NY having a little more known production as opposed to Orlando's). Good Defense on the Wing AND Post. Once ZBo comes off next year, he can add another great piece too! :love: the French Connection too (Ntilikina to Gibert)! :D
9. Magic - An injury to the Knicks or Raptors could easily swap them into the 7th or 8th spot. Excellent Cap and Youth! Great balance on the bench AND starting lineup.

10. Heat - EXCELLENT future. Great Cap. Could be a Playoff team lock next year!

11. Hornets - Great trade to get a young Franchise player to pair with his other youth. Good picks and EXCELLENT Cap. Team FINALLY has a direction! :clap:

12. Nets - Michael Porter Jr. will look niiiiiiiiiiiice next to Lonzo, Simmons & CJ next year! :D His top 3 Cap commitments and SEVERELY lacking bench has him out of the Playoffs. Buuuuuuuuut, with a potentially VERY bright future (much like the IRL 76'ers)! :D

13. Pacers - EXCELLENT future with a SURE FIRE Franchise player in Porzingis and possibilities in Murray, Giles and Markannen. Doncic will look VERY nice here with the Euro flavor! :P

14. Cavs - Great youth! Great future! Just needs better balance.

15. 76'ers - Yeah, umm...nice foundation with Klay, Turner, and a possible extra 1st (Warriors) to pair with his top 3 Pick. $1 rest of team it is tho! :lol:

Western Conference
Coming soon...

--Mags :beer:

Miami Heat deserved a deeper analysis... :lol:

But great work!!! I agree with most of your ranking.

And thanks for the words. I'm quite happy with our young core! :D
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2020-21
G: Blue Arrow | |
G: The Beard | |
C: | |
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1038 » by King of Canada » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:50 am

Landed right where I wanted in the rankings!
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,348

Post#1039 » by Phish Tank » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:02 am

my roster is full, but i'm open to trades. Send me your best offer
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#1040 » by Knicksfan1992 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:15 am

Got my backup PG. Ronny Baker in the building.

Return to New York Knicks