ImageImageImageImageImage

Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Re: Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread 

Post#681 » by Tron Carter » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Read on Twitter
R.I.P Black Mamba
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,065

Post#682 » by moocow007 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:56 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ryan Anderson apparently was the final straw that got Phil Jackson fired. My guess is that Mills or Dolan's accountants probably took at look at Anderson's contract, choked, and informed Dolan what Jackson was about to do. Once Jackson was gone, deal was dead.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,476

Post#683 » by j4remi » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:58 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ryan Anderson apparently was the final straw that got Phil Jackson fired. My guess is that Mills or Dolan's accountants probably took at look at Anderson's contract, choked, and informed Dolan what Jackson was about to do. Once Jackson was gone, deal was dead.

You know it's bad when Dolan is like "that's too expensive"
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#684 » by Greenie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
battabing10 wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

A great 3rd option on a putative contender = a great 6th man on a rebuilder.

The question is only ridiculous to a player who is more in love with himself than considering reasonable scenarios or wanting to do whatever it took to win, including coming off the bench, so far as that is warranted/best for the team. Is he more interested in starting than he is in winning, if deepening the bench is required?

I understand he has pride but honestly, does the question have to be laughed off like that.

It's a bad look, and frankly those two clowns are not helping. They all look like idiots. Whatever-- he isn't a Knick so why should Knick fans really care anymore?

you know damn well melo was never coming off the bench. it was a dumb question and this was an even dumber reaction to his response. he's gone, let it go.

Hit that foe list button on em. The Melo hate crew will always and forever be unbearable.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,703

Post#685 » by F N 11 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:00 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

CEO of the not trading RJ club.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,355

Post#686 » by god shammgod » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:01 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

phil was actually fired at the end of june.....that means it was the guy in charge now, mills
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#687 » by TankCommander17 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:04 pm

god shammgod wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

phil was actually fired at the end of june.....that means it was the guy in charge now, mills

Yup all reports said that Mills was the one who had a deal done until Perry came in and stopped it.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,119

Post#688 » by mpharris36 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:05 pm

god shammgod wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

this was totally a mills deal. Phil was fired right after the draft in June. Mills was the one that was willing to take on the bad contract until Perry saved him.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,703

Post#689 » by F N 11 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Time to put some respect on Perry and the front office.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#690 » by mpharris36 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:10 pm

I think it was reported by multiple sources that it was a 3 way with POR. Where Melo went to HOU, Anderson went to Portland, and a Myers Leonard and Harkless were coming to the knicks (maybe a low pick was involved). But perry didn't want a 3 year deal (rightfully so).

The deal was nixed then POR didn't want to help Melo land in HOU and thought they had a chance for him themselves when they knew the knicks wouldn't take Anderson. So POR fell out of the 3 team because they refused to take Anderson and wanted Melo for themselves.

So that is when the deal died and no progress was made with HOU because HOU wouldn't give up Gordon/Ariza and the knicks weren't taking back Anderson. So the knicks told melo and his reps if he wanted to get traded he would have to open up his list because we simply aren't taking Anderson back. I think eventually melo and his reps were like HOU isn't giving up anything else and its time we looks somewhere else.

Perry coming in first then Portland wanting Melo for themselves pretty much ended any chance of Melo going to HOU.

ROSTER

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#691 » by Greenie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:28 pm

mpharris36 wrote:I think it was reported by multiple sources that it was a 3 way with POR. Where Melo went to HOU, Anderson went to Portland, and a Myers Leonard and Harkless were coming to the knicks (maybe a low pick was involved). But perry didn't want a 3 year deal (rightfully so).

The deal was nixed then POR didn't want to help Melo land in HOU and thought they had a chance for him themselves when they knew the knicks wouldn't take Anderson. So POR fell out of the 3 team because they refused to take Anderson and wanted Melo for themselves.

So that is when the deal died and no progress was made with HOU because HOU wouldn't give up Gordon/Ariza and the knicks weren't taking back Anderson. So the knicks told melo and his reps if he wanted to get traded he would have to open up his list because we simply aren't taking Anderson back. I think eventually melo and his reps were like HOU isn't giving up anything else and its time we looks somewhere else.

Perry coming in first then Portland wanting Melo for themselves pretty much ended any chance of Melo going to HOU.

Portland was smart for that.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#692 » by mpharris36 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:03 pm

Read on Twitter

this ninja trying act like he knew all along....smh

props to potato head though...

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,972

Post#693 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:08 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

aye man i tried to tell yall potato head got some legit sources lol

trey low key might be connected to us too, i remember he said phil was getting canned a week before it happened. he was the first one to say it
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#694 » by mpharris36 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:15 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

trey low key might be connected to us too, i remember he said phil was getting canned a week before it happened. he was the first one to say it

I always believed potato head, he def had legit sources with noah and lee.

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,972

Post#695 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:18 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

yeah i wasn't talking about you specifically, i was just speaking in general. a lot of people doubted him but i always felt he was speaking the truth
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,269

Post#696 » by Clyde Frazier » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:07 pm

Greenie wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
battabing10 wrote:

A great 3rd option on a putative contender = a great 6th man on a rebuilder.

The question is only ridiculous to a player who is more in love with himself than considering reasonable scenarios or wanting to do whatever it took to win, including coming off the bench, so far as that is warranted/best for the team. Is he more interested in starting than he is in winning, if deepening the bench is required?

I understand he has pride but honestly, does the question have to be laughed off like that.

It's a bad look, and frankly those two clowns are not helping. They all look like idiots. Whatever-- he isn't a Knick so why should Knick fans really care anymore?

you know damn well melo was never coming off the bench. it was a dumb question and this was an even dumber reaction to his response. he's gone, let it go.

Hit that foe list button on em. The Melo hate crew will always and forever be unbearable.

You know what’s unbearable? The constant ridicule he’s faced over the last several years. I’m glad he’s finally gone so it isn’t a regurgitated topic of discussion. Maybe actually getting to play with some real playmakers for the first time in 4 years will wake people up that he’s still an effective player. I’m glad the KP era is here, and hope our fanbase supports him when the tabloids are waiting to trash him for any misstep.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,416

Post#697 » by Capn'O » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:26 pm

Yeah - Phil was gonna do the straight buyout. Mills pushed Houston. Perry's aversion to Meyers Leonard is a huge plus in my book. I do think we ended up with a not great but significantly better deal and also preferable to a buyout.

As long as he keeps a good relationship with his superiors, maybe he's the one that can provide stability and discipline to this organization.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,416

Post#698 » by Capn'O » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:27 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

True - but player sources only get you so far. He rode that horse a little too long but I will give him credit for eventually catching himself.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#699 » by PeoplesChamp » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:43 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
When did Melo bristle when KP shined?

Yeah the last person anyone looking to make up things about as far as having friction with Anthony is Porzingis. :lol:

He could of said almost anyone else and I may have believed there was some truth to it. But KP? :lol:

Your memories are short then.

For starters you can check Melo's reaction when KP hit that game winner against Minnesota that was waved off. In the moment, Melo was not happy...he caught himself though.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#700 » by Garbagelo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:45 pm

Melo couldn't share the spot light. Started with Lin and carried on with KP.

Even George Karl said the same.

Not sure what exactly will happen in OKC because he is the 3rd wheel but like I predicted, I don't see that team getting out of the 1st round.

Return to New York Knicks