ImageImageImageImageImage

2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, Capn'O, GONYK, mrpoetryNmotion, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, King of Canada

Who's Your Daddy?!

Capn'O
9
31%
DK
2
7%
KoC
1
3%
NLR
2
7%
GONYK
4
14%
Moocow
4
14%
Remi
1
3%
KT
5
17%
Thorn
0
No votes
Thugger
1
3%
 
Total votes: 29

User avatar
NYKnicksFTW
Pro Prospect
Posts: 774
And1: 505
Joined: Jul 17, 2016
     

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1541 » by NYKnicksFTW » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:18 am

We never had a chance to develop Papanikolaou...this is our chance to get Papagiannis.


Claim Papagiannis!!!!
I'M WALKING HERE
Kristaps6_NYK
Analyst
Posts: 3,611
And1: 2,018
Joined: Mar 11, 2014

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1542 » by Kristaps6_NYK » Fri Feb 9, 2018 6:21 am

Let's say Mudiay comes in, wins over Jeff and puts up anywhere from 12-15 PPG 4-6 APG 2-4 RPG

He can be the start point guard for the future..

We will probably fall into the top 5 into the draft although itll be an all out tank war. I just think we're bad enough...

I assume guys like Ayton, Bagley and Doncic is top 3.. 4/5 is Porter Jr. / T.Young .. So let's say we finish with the 4th or 5th pick.. and you take Porter. (I know Porter and Porzingis injuries but it can work)

Will Barton 3 y / 12 m
Jeff Green 1 y / 5 m
Wilson Chander 2 y / 7m

G:Emmanuel Mudiay | Frank Ntilikina | Trey Burke
G:Will Barton | Tim Hardaway Jr. | Ron Baker
F:Michael Porter Jr. | Wilson Chandler
F:Jeff Green | Lance Thomas | Luke Kornet
C:Kristaps Porzingis | Kyle O'Quinn
User avatar
knicksh20b
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,956
And1: 2,000
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
   

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1543 » by knicksh20b » Fri Feb 9, 2018 6:43 am

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Let's say Mudiay comes in, wins over Jeff and puts up anywhere from 12-15 PPG 4-6 APG 2-4 RPG

He can be the start point guard for the future..

We will probably fall into the top 5 into the draft although itll be an all out tank war. I just think we're bad enough...

I assume guys like Ayton, Bagley and Doncic is top 3.. 4/5 is Porter Jr. / T.Young .. So let's say we finish with the 4th or 5th pick.. and you take Porter. (I know Porter and Porzingis injuries but it can work)

Will Barton 3 y / 12 m
Jeff Green 1 y / 5 m
Wilson Chander 2 y / 7m

G:Emmanuel Mudiay | Frank Ntilikina | Trey Burke
G:Will Barton | Tim Hardaway Jr. | Ron Baker
F:Michael Porter Jr. | Wilson Chandler
F:Jeff Green | Lance Thomas | Luke Kornet
C:Kristaps Porzingis | Kyle O'Quinn


Jeff Green is bad man. Also THJ is making too much money not to be considered a starter, although I do like Barton. We're going to be tanking next season too. 2019 is our goal.
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 24,336
And1: 12,892
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1544 » by dakomish23 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:17 pm

Okaro White got waived by ATL. Might be worth a look.

Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 24,336
And1: 12,892
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1545 » by dakomish23 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:19 pm

knicksh20b wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Let's say Mudiay comes in, wins over Jeff and puts up anywhere from 12-15 PPG 4-6 APG 2-4 RPG

He can be the start point guard for the future..

We will probably fall into the top 5 into the draft although itll be an all out tank war. I just think we're bad enough...

I assume guys like Ayton, Bagley and Doncic is top 3.. 4/5 is Porter Jr. / T.Young .. So let's say we finish with the 4th or 5th pick.. and you take Porter. (I know Porter and Porzingis injuries but it can work)

Will Barton 3 y / 12 m
Jeff Green 1 y / 5 m
Wilson Chander 2 y / 7m

G:Emmanuel Mudiay | Frank Ntilikina | Trey Burke
G:Will Barton | Tim Hardaway Jr. | Ron Baker
F:Michael Porter Jr. | Wilson Chandler
F:Jeff Green | Lance Thomas | Luke Kornet
C:Kristaps Porzingis | Kyle O'Quinn


Jeff Green is bad man. Also THJ is making too much money not to be considered a starter, although I do like Barton. We're going to be tanking next season too. 2019 is our goal.


We had STAT, making more money in a way smaller cap environment, coming off the bench.

If you’re saying the FO wouldn’t let that happen b/c they just paid so much for him, yeah, I could believe that Mills cares more about his purchases looking good than team output.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
digitaldropoff
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,672
And1: 397
Joined: Sep 06, 2007

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1546 » by digitaldropoff » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:21 pm

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Let's say Mudiay comes in, wins over Jeff and puts up anywhere from 12-15 PPG 4-6 APG 2-4 RPG

He can be the start point guard for the future..

We will probably fall into the top 5 into the draft although itll be an all out tank war. I just think we're bad enough...

I assume guys like Ayton, Bagley and Doncic is top 3.. 4/5 is Porter Jr. / T.Young .. So let's say we finish with the 4th or 5th pick.. and you take Porter. (I know Porter and Porzingis injuries but it can work)

Will Barton 3 y / 12 m
Jeff Green 1 y / 5 m
Wilson Chander 2 y / 7m

G:Emmanuel Mudiay | Frank Ntilikina | Trey Burke
G:Will Barton | Tim Hardaway Jr. | Ron Baker
F:Michael Porter Jr. | Wilson Chandler
F:Jeff Green | Lance Thomas | Luke Kornet
C:Kristaps Porzingis | Kyle O'Quinn


Wil Barton and his agent laugh at your 4 million per year. He's easily outperformed that salary. Also, starting the thing off with Mudiay as the PG makes it fail before it can even fly.
Kristaps6_NYK
Analyst
Posts: 3,611
And1: 2,018
Joined: Mar 11, 2014

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1547 » by Kristaps6_NYK » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:33 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Let's say Mudiay comes in, wins over Jeff and puts up anywhere from 12-15 PPG 4-6 APG 2-4 RPG

He can be the start point guard for the future..

We will probably fall into the top 5 into the draft although itll be an all out tank war. I just think we're bad enough...

I assume guys like Ayton, Bagley and Doncic is top 3.. 4/5 is Porter Jr. / T.Young .. So let's say we finish with the 4th or 5th pick.. and you take Porter. (I know Porter and Porzingis injuries but it can work)

Will Barton 3 y / 12 m
Jeff Green 1 y / 5 m
Wilson Chander 2 y / 7m

G:Emmanuel Mudiay | Frank Ntilikina | Trey Burke
G:Will Barton | Tim Hardaway Jr. | Ron Baker
F:Michael Porter Jr. | Wilson Chandler
F:Jeff Green | Lance Thomas | Luke Kornet
C:Kristaps Porzingis | Kyle O'Quinn


Wil Barton and his agent laugh at your 4 million per year. He's easily outperformed that salary. Also, starting the thing off with Mudiay as the PG makes it fail before it can even fly.
12 per year
BowlRips
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,883
And1: 1,262
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
     

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1548 » by BowlRips » Fri Feb 9, 2018 3:13 pm

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Let's say Mudiay comes in, wins over Jeff and puts up anywhere from 12-15 PPG 4-6 APG 2-4 RPG

He can be the start point guard for the future..

We will probably fall into the top 5 into the draft although itll be an all out tank war. I just think we're bad enough...

I assume guys like Ayton, Bagley and Doncic is top 3.. 4/5 is Porter Jr. / T.Young .. So let's say we finish with the 4th or 5th pick.. and you take Porter. (I know Porter and Porzingis injuries but it can work)

Will Barton 3 y / 12 m
Jeff Green 1 y / 5 m
Wilson Chander 2 y / 7m

G:Emmanuel Mudiay | Frank Ntilikina | Trey Burke
G:Will Barton | Tim Hardaway Jr. | Ron Baker
F:Michael Porter Jr. | Wilson Chandler
F:Jeff Green | Lance Thomas | Luke Kornet
C:Kristaps Porzingis | Kyle O'Quinn


Wil Barton and his agent laugh at your 4 million per year. He's easily outperformed that salary. Also, starting the thing off with Mudiay as the PG makes it fail before it can even fly.
12 per year


No one is getting more than 9mil this year unless theres a sign and trade.

Only teams with real cap space are either in a midst of a full rebuild (Nets, Orlando, Chicago, Dallas, Sacramento PHX) and Lakers and Sixers.
Half the teams in the league are going to be at the tax line limiting them to taxpayers MLE of around $5mil..
The other half going to have the 8.9mil exception.

There's a reason why Lou Will took a 2 year 16mil extension. He knew he wouldn't sign with any of those cap space teams and the contenders would be limited to 5-9million a year.

It is going to be a depressed market
Grizzlies - BAF

Jonas Valanciunas / Tyler Zeller / Spencer Hawes
Nikola Mirotic / Larry Nance / Chandler Parsons
Lebron James / PJ Tucker / Rodney McGruber
JJ Redick / Nick Young / Ben Mclemore/
Kyle Lowry / Trey Burke
BLACKFEET 2010
Head Coach
Posts: 6,992
And1: 1,199
Joined: Jun 26, 2009

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1549 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 6:06 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Okaro White got waived by ATL. Might be worth a look.


Me too. You know Pat is good at unearthing gems.
I think there’ll be some options but I like White.
Maybe Shabazz once he’s bought out?
If the Rox sign Joe Johnson, maybe they cut Troy Williams? He’s an intriguing athletic 3 man.
digitaldropoff
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,672
And1: 397
Joined: Sep 06, 2007

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1550 » by digitaldropoff » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:54 am

BowlRips wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
Wil Barton and his agent laugh at your 4 million per year. He's easily outperformed that salary. Also, starting the thing off with Mudiay as the PG makes it fail before it can even fly.
12 per year


No one is getting more than 9mil this year unless theres a sign and trade.

Only teams with real cap space are either in a midst of a full rebuild (Nets, Orlando, Chicago, Dallas, Sacramento PHX) and Lakers and Sixers.
Half the teams in the league are going to be at the tax line limiting them to taxpayers MLE of around $5mil..
The other half going to have the 8.9mil exception.

There's a reason why Lou Will took a 2 year 16mil extension. He knew he wouldn't sign with any of those cap space teams and the contenders would be limited to 5-9million a year.

It is going to be a depressed market


The depressed market is overrated. Teams bail out other teams all the time, all it usually takes is attaching some picks or a prospect. Lou Williams isn't a good example, he's 31....Barton is 27. Wrong side of 30 vs prime never is going to be valued the same. He's going to get 10-12 per, but even if he gets 8 or 9, it still doesn't take away the fact that Mudiay is **** PG and Barton will balk at 4 million, when at very least he's worth and will be paid double.
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 39,834
And1: 22,887
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1551 » by Capn'O » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:08 am

Think we can still get Kemba?
Image
User avatar
knicksh20b
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,956
And1: 2,000
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
   

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1552 » by knicksh20b » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:12 am

dakomish23 wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Let's say Mudiay comes in, wins over Jeff and puts up anywhere from 12-15 PPG 4-6 APG 2-4 RPG

He can be the start point guard for the future..

We will probably fall into the top 5 into the draft although itll be an all out tank war. I just think we're bad enough...

I assume guys like Ayton, Bagley and Doncic is top 3.. 4/5 is Porter Jr. / T.Young .. So let's say we finish with the 4th or 5th pick.. and you take Porter. (I know Porter and Porzingis injuries but it can work)

Will Barton 3 y / 12 m
Jeff Green 1 y / 5 m
Wilson Chander 2 y / 7m

G:Emmanuel Mudiay | Frank Ntilikina | Trey Burke
G:Will Barton | Tim Hardaway Jr. | Ron Baker
F:Michael Porter Jr. | Wilson Chandler
F:Jeff Green | Lance Thomas | Luke Kornet
C:Kristaps Porzingis | Kyle O'Quinn


Jeff Green is bad man. Also THJ is making too much money not to be considered a starter, although I do like Barton. We're going to be tanking next season too. 2019 is our goal.


We had STAT, making more money in a way smaller cap environment, coming off the bench.

If you’re saying the FO wouldn’t let that happen b/c they just paid so much for him, yeah, I could believe that Mills cares more about his purchases looking good than team output.


STAT was not serviceable. Same with Noah. THJ is good enough and earning enough that we don't need a scrub like Jeff Green at PF. And the guy is a bonafide scrub.
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 24,336
And1: 12,892
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1553 » by dakomish23 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:46 am

knicksh20b wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:
Jeff Green is bad man. Also THJ is making too much money not to be considered a starter, although I do like Barton. We're going to be tanking next season too. 2019 is our goal.


We had STAT, making more money in a way smaller cap environment, coming off the bench.

If you’re saying the FO wouldn’t let that happen b/c they just paid so much for him, yeah, I could believe that Mills cares more about his purchases looking good than team output.


STAT was not serviceable. Same with Noah. THJ is good enough and earning enough that we don't need a scrub like Jeff Green at PF. And the guy is a bonafide scrub.


Green is awful. I was just talking about the contract determining if a player should start. Never been a believer in that.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 24,336
And1: 12,892
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1554 » by dakomish23 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:49 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Okaro White got waived by ATL. Might be worth a look.


Me too. You know Pat is good at unearthing gems.
I think there’ll be some options but I like White.
Maybe Shabazz once he’s bought out?
If the Rox sign Joe Johnson, maybe they cut Troy Williams? He’s an intriguing athletic 3 man.


I’d be open to giving any of them a try. It’s experiment time. I’d just start rotating guys in to give them a look. Especially wing men for our situation.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
Reign23
Analyst
Posts: 3,493
And1: 1,443
Joined: Dec 29, 2014
Location: Regensburg, Germany.
   

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1555 » by Reign23 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:09 pm

just checked our salary cap situation for this upcoming offseason.

we have NO cap space which is fine to me.

assuming Kanter and Baker pick up their options (that is 100 % sure) and we guarantee burkes salary we have 95.7 mio $ in salaries with a projected salary cap at around 101 million. we are done after signing our draft picks.

after next season kanter, thomas, mudiay, baker and burke expire and we should have a little breathing room.
formerly known as knickst4pe
User avatar
Reign23
Analyst
Posts: 3,493
And1: 1,443
Joined: Dec 29, 2014
Location: Regensburg, Germany.
   

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1556 » by Reign23 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:17 pm

we are paying kanter, noah, timmy, lee and thomas a combined 73.850.944 $ next season :D incredible.
formerly known as knickst4pe
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 20,236
And1: 12,072
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1557 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Reign23 wrote:we are paying kanter, noah, timmy, lee and thomas a combined 73.850.944 $ next season :D incredible.


Knicks best chance at become even remotely decent are:

Getting lucky enough to get high enough in this draft so that even they can't blow the pick

KP is out until February and the Knicks are a top tank team next year, and KP coming back during the season doesn't produce wins
They hit on the draft a 2nd time. They let Kanter expire but do NOT slot anyone into his salary space. Maybe KOQ gets a raise to 9 millon (+5 million) and Kanter leaves -18 million) and Knicks save 13 million.

They play yet another season, but now KP is back in full and they have two relatively high picks joining him and some combination of THJr\CLee\Frank and/or Burke and/or Mudiay etc and they aren't all that good but not bad and pick in teens.

After 2.5 seasons, Noah, CLee, LFT expire and Knicks have 38 million for FA, + 13 million of KOQ vs Enes savings = 51 million, though in there they have to make a decision on KP, which would what, eat up 1/2 that? They'd still have room for one max cat if he resigns. Which I'm not sure about anymore.
newyorker4ever
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,660
And1: 1,292
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
     

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1558 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:26 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Reign23 wrote:we are paying kanter, noah, timmy, lee and thomas a combined 73.850.944 $ next season :D incredible.


Knicks best chance at become even remotely decent are:

Getting lucky enough to get high enough in this draft so that even they can't blow the pick

KP is out until February and the Knicks are a top tank team next year, and KP coming back during the season doesn't produce wins
They hit on the draft a 2nd time. They let Kanter expire but do NOT slot anyone into his salary space. Maybe KOQ gets a raise to 9 millon (+5 million) and Kanter leaves -18 million) and Knicks save 13 million.

They play yet another season, but now KP is back in full and they have two relatively high picks joining him and some combination of THJr\CLee\Frank and/or Burke and/or Mudiay etc and they aren't all that good but not bad and pick in teens.

After 2.5 seasons, Noah, CLee, LFT expire and Knicks have 38 million for FA, + 13 million of KOQ vs Enes savings = 51 million, though in there they have to make a decision on KP, which would what, eat up 1/2 that? They'd still have room for one max cat if he resigns. Which I'm not sure about anymore.



Unfortunately even lottery picks can turn into blown picks anywhere in the lottery and if any team is gonna blow a pick......the Knicks would be one of the top teams to do it. I'm starting to see some draft experts thinking K.Knox might not be all that great a player in the NBA and questioning his defense. There's a good chance that it's always gonna help these kids when they get drafted by a good team and gonna hurt them when they get drafted by a bad team. Not that a player can't get drafted by a bad team and still end up a really good player and vice versa for getting drafted by a good team, but i'm sure it can get in their heads mentally if they get drafted into a bad situation or a bad team which we're gonna be next year.
User avatar
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 22,060
And1: 2,691
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Kurt Rhombus is managing the defense...
       

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1559 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Capn'O wrote:Think we can still get Kemba?


I think we can get Isaiah Thomas this summer. MLE? Who would out-bid us?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
whocares1
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,892
And1: 2,486
Joined: Oct 31, 2014
     

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1560 » by whocares1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:29 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Reign23 wrote:we are paying kanter, noah, timmy, lee and thomas a combined 73.850.944 $ next season :D incredible.


Knicks best chance at become even remotely decent are:

Getting lucky enough to get high enough in this draft so that even they can't blow the pick

KP is out until February and the Knicks are a top tank team next year, and KP coming back during the season doesn't produce wins
They hit on the draft a 2nd time. They let Kanter expire but do NOT slot anyone into his salary space. Maybe KOQ gets a raise to 9 millon (+5 million) and Kanter leaves -18 million) and Knicks save 13 million.

They play yet another season, but now KP is back in full and they have two relatively high picks joining him and some combination of THJr\CLee\Frank and/or Burke and/or Mudiay etc and they aren't all that good but not bad and pick in teens.

After 2.5 seasons, Noah, CLee, LFT expire and Knicks have 38 million for FA, + 13 million of KOQ vs Enes savings = 51 million, though in there they have to make a decision on KP, which would what, eat up 1/2 that? They'd still have room for one max cat if he resigns. Which I'm not sure about anymore.


You pretty much hit everything on the nose. That should be the plan but of course won't be the plan.
Number of games Beasley stupidly wins the Knicks: 0 games

Return to New York Knicks