ImageImageImageImageImage

2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who's Your Daddy?!

Capn'O
35%
DK
6%
KoC
3%
NLR
6%
GONYK
15%
Moocow
12%
Remi
6%
KT
15%
Thorn
No votes
Thugger
3%

Total votes: 34

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,790

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#1641 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 3, 2018 3:28 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
Booker is like 29 bro.
Smh

He's a good bench player. He probably wanted to go to a playoff team anyway. But not like the Knicks couldn't use some more talent on the bench. Plus they could have used a backup PF. Again, probably this was all up to Booker anyway so moot.

It'll be cool watching the Knicks roll out Beasley\LFT at PF for 50-82 games next year though.

Next year?
Cmon man, you’re talking about Trevor Booker here.
Smh.

True. Lets roll out the same team plus one pick.

Actually, that'll be good, so the Knicks can pick around 10th again.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,616

Post#1642 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Mar 3, 2018 3:31 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
He's a good bench player. He probably wanted to go to a playoff team anyway. But not like the Knicks couldn't use some more talent on the bench. Plus they could have used a backup PF. Again, probably this was all up to Booker anyway so moot.

It'll be cool watching the Knicks roll out Beasley\LFT at PF for 50-82 games next year though.

Next year?
Smh.

Sorry bro, I'm with Blackfeet. We can sign bench players once we get some real talent on our squad. I'm not ready to invest in anybody who can derail the tank unless they have potential to be here long term.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1643 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 3, 2018 3:35 am

knicksh20b wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
Next year?
Smh.

Sorry bro, I'm with Blackfeet. We can sign bench players once we get some real talent on our squad. I'm not ready to invest in anybody who can derail the tank unless they have potential to be here long term.

My idea was more about getting him in for next year, not what games he'd have won this year. It's not a big deal, I don't care that much, but the Knicks could use some PF depth, considering they have two SF's masquerading as PF's on their roster and that's it. And KP isn't making it back next year and if he does, it's for like 25 games. It's all good. This season is wasted and next year will be too. A smarter team would have ensured they'd have picked 5 or up this year and next, but it's the Knicks, so for two lost seasons, they'll have two picks around 9 and 10 to show for it. Awesome front office.
NYKnicks6
Senior
And1: 399

Post#1644 » by NYKnicks6 » Sat Mar 3, 2018 5:33 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

My idea was more about getting him in for next year, not what games he'd have won this year. It's not a big deal, I don't care that much, but the Knicks could use some PF depth, considering they have two SF's masquerading as PF's on their roster and that's it. And KP isn't making it back next year and if he does, it's for like 25 games. It's all good. This season is wasted and next year will be too. A smarter team would have ensured they'd have picked 5 or up this year and next, but it's the Knicks, so for two lost seasons, they'll have two picks around 9 and 10 to show for it. Awesome front office.

With KP being out most of next year as well, why wouldn't we want to trot out a younger team and try to develop them instead of signing booker and have him help us win a few more meaningless games?

Next year needs to be an extended tryout for young players imo.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1645 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Mar 4, 2018 2:58 pm

NYKnicks6 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:

With KP being out most of next year as well, why wouldn't we want to trot out a younger team and try to develop them instead of signing booker and have him help us win a few more meaningless games?

Sounds like a great idea until you realize that CLee, LFT, THJr and Kanter are all under contract. That's 3/5th's the starting lineup that isn't "young guys", plus a key rotation guy, unfortunately, in LFT. And Beasley might get resigned.

There isn't going to be any "extended tryouts" of young guys, except at PG, where there will be no choice, a good thing for once.

All I was stating is it would a decent roster move, no matter what, for a team that doesn't really have a PF under contract. Sorry, Beasley and LFT don't really count. Maybe Beasley. Sorry, Hicks and Hayes are bad.
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#1646 » by Bklyn&company » Sun Mar 4, 2018 4:32 pm

Congrats XRM on the 10 day contract....
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#1647 » by Newyorknick94 » Sun Mar 4, 2018 4:51 pm

Teams are interested in Dotson really wish we’d play him
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,862

Post#1648 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 5, 2018 8:25 pm

KP for Kawhi and then the pick and Hardaway for Thompson?

Then resign Kanter. Kind of depressing even as I write it out but put those two together and you have a young core that is proven instantaneously.

Frank / Burke
Klay
Kawhi
Troy?
Kanter
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,835

Post#1649 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 3:34 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
NYKnicks6 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Sounds like a great idea until you realize that CLee, LFT, THJr and Kanter are all under contract. That's 3/5th's the starting lineup that isn't "young guys", plus a key rotation guy, unfortunately, in LFT. And Beasley might get resigned.

There isn't going to be any "extended tryouts" of young guys, except at PG, where there will be no choice, a good thing for once.

All I was stating is it would a decent roster move, no matter what, for a team that doesn't really have a PF under contract. Sorry, Beasley and LFT don't really count. Maybe Beasley. Sorry, Hicks and Hayes are bad.

Just remember... we can also re-sign O'Quinn.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
Big Chan
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#1650 » by Big Chan » Tue Mar 6, 2018 1:22 pm

Re-sign Oquinn at 1 year above market 16-18 mill.
Stretch Noah on 9/1.
Trade Lee to Sixers for Bayless and their lower first.
Start Mudiay, Frank, Tim, Rookie, Kanter
Attempt to trade Oquinn or Kanter at deadline
Sit KP entire season
Tank again
Cut Lance at end of 18-19 season
Draft top 5

Attempt to sign a star
NJ-NYK-17
Junior
And1: 431

Post#1651 » by NJ-NYK-17 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:15 pm

Big Chan wrote:Re-sign Oquinn at 1 year above market 16-18 mill.
Stretch Noah on 9/1.
Trade Lee to Sixers for Bayless and their lower first.
Start Mudiay, Frank, Tim, Rookie, Kanter
Attempt to trade Oquinn or Kanter at deadline
Sit KP entire season
Tank again
Cut Lance at end of 18-19 season
Draft top 5

Attempt to sign a star

We are'nt getting a 1 for Lee

IDK how people still think thats possible
Big Chan
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#1652 » by Big Chan » Tue Mar 6, 2018 4:18 pm

Why isn’t it possible?
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,734

Post#1653 » by Spree2Houston » Tue Mar 6, 2018 4:42 pm

Big Chan wrote:Why isn’t it possible?

Because he's going to be 34 next year
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1654 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Mar 6, 2018 5:11 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
NYKnicks6 wrote:With KP being out most of next year as well, why wouldn't we want to trot out a younger team and try to develop them instead of signing booker and have him help us win a few more meaningless games?

He's a Center. Not a PF. He wasn't even a PF for the game 25 years ago, and certainly isn't one now.

I'd rather resign the KOQ as he plays defense sometimes, but could honestly care less if he walks.

I especially could care less if Kanter walks.

KOQ would be a decent resign at 6 or 7 million a year. Other than that, let another team deal with his shortcomings. Kanter I'd pay about the same amount but only if KOQ left. Of course, someone will offer him more, and they can have Kanter at more than 7 million per. He's a back up too.

KP should see SOME minutes at C eventually. That's like 1/2 or 1/3 a center. KOQ OR Kanter can be another. A guy who is actually really athletic and can play defense and block some shots should be the 3rd.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#1655 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 12:37 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

He's a Center. Not a PF. He wasn't even a PF for the game 25 years ago, and certainly isn't one now.

I'd rather resign the KOQ as he plays defense sometimes, but could honestly care less if he walks.

KOQ would be a decent resign at 6 or 7 million a year. Other than that, let another team deal with his shortcomings. Kanter I'd pay about the same amount but only if KOQ left. Of course, someone will offer him more, and they can have Kanter at more than 7 million per. He's a back up too.

KP should see SOME minutes at C eventually. That's like 1/2 or 1/3 a center. KOQ OR Kanter can be another. A guy who is actually really athletic and can play defense and block some shots should be the 3rd.

My point is that Kyle is a win-now guy that we don't really need going into next season....
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1656 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 7, 2018 10:52 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:Just remember... we can also re-sign O'Quinn.

My point is that Kyle is a win-now guy that we don't really need going into next season....

True. That I agree with. I guess I'd keep him if he stayed for cheap. He's a nice bench center but that's it. I'm even sure how nice. He's not awful. He's ok.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#1657 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 7:33 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:
Big Chan wrote:Why isn’t it possible?

Because he's going to be 34 next year

They certainly won't trade for Lee on draft day. They have cap space and may be looking to move Bayless for room to get 2 FA's. IMO once some of the better guys fade off in free agency, there will be a market for Lee. A team like the Bucks who have designs on not only making the playoffs, but also getting home court perhaps next year could see an opportunity to trade Wilson (who hasn't seen the court) and Teletovic (who may not return) for Lee. Basically a capped out win-now team with an expiring 2019 contract may give us a minor asset for Lee. Rockets could represent another candidate as well depending on how FA treats them.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#1658 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 7:42 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

True. That I agree with. I guess I'd keep him if he stayed for cheap. He's a nice bench center but that's it. I'm even sure how nice. He's not awful. He's ok.

If I had my druthers, Kanter would be moved and we would be trying out a prospect center/someone trying to come back into the league (Larry Sanders for example) and we could keep O'Quinn as well. Most likely, at our pick, we are going to have a big man available to take. We have every incentive to let the kid try to win ROY. Say we get Wendell Carter. Kanter gets his 30 mpg, Carter gets 30mpg, with Jeff gone, Noah gets 10 mpg, Lance gets 10mpg. That leaves 16 minutes for one other guy. Not much of a need for O'Quinn. Even though we assume O'Quinn is better than Noah, does that really matter? End of the day, if we are in the playoff hunt without KP, we are ecstatic. If we are out of the playoff picture, then we are in stealth tank mode and the two extra wins our back up center gets us will hurt our team. Upside for using Noah, obviously, is that if he looks solid, then he can have SOME value (more accurately less negative value).
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#1659 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 8:07 pm

While his value is low we should try to scoop Malik Monk as we were rumored to have been in discussions for him prior to the deadline. He could probably be had for Mudiay but ideally I’d like to see him here with Frank and Mudiay.

My other target would be Thon Maker.
I think he’s be ideal as a placeholder until KP returns and the hope then could be they grow together. I don’t know how this all happens but Tim, Lee, Lance, (and in my opinion) Burke and Dotson are all expendable if we are truly rebuilding. I would include Kanter but chances are he opts in and we make a decision on him come next trade deadline.

On the cheap free agent front I’d look at Pat McCaw or David Nwaba. Especially if we move Lee and/or Tim.

Draft Miles Bridges and Isaac Bonga.

Resign Kyle if it’s reasonable and I think it will be.
Resign Troy Williams.

Sign Christian Wood and Xavier Mumford to two way deals.

Trade Noah and Dot for Chandler Parsons and a future second round pick.

Sign a babysitter OG pg in the Jack mold just to tick us off, somebody like CJ Watson off the scrap heap.

Enes/Thon/Kyle
Parsons/Wood/Lance (nobody really wants him)
Bridges/TWill/Bonga (let him stew cross seas for a year)
Mudiay/Monk/McCaw
Frank/CJ/Mumford

Won’t win much but we’re young, athletic, long (cheap) and exciting while we wait for KP.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#1660 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 11:11 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:While his value is low we should try to scoop Malik Monk as we were rumored to have been in discussions for him prior to the deadline. He could probably be had for Mudiay but ideally I’d like to see him here with Frank and Mudiay.

My other target would be Thon Maker.
I think he’s be ideal as a placeholder until KP returns and the hope then could be they grow together. I don’t know how this all happens but Tim, Lee, Lance, (and in my opinion) Burke and Dotson are all expendable if we are truly rebuilding. I would include Kanter but chances are he opts in and we make a decision on him come next trade deadline.

On the cheap free agent front I’d look at Pat McCaw or David Nwaba. Especially if we move Lee and/or Tim.

Draft Miles Bridges and Isaac Bonga.

Resign Kyle if it’s reasonable and I think it will be.
Resign Troy Williams.

Sign Christian Wood and Xavier Mumford to two way deals.

Trade Noah and Dot for Chandler Parsons and a future second round pick.

Sign a babysitter OG pg in the Jack mold just to tick us off, somebody like CJ Watson off the scrap heap.

Enes/Thon/Kyle
Parsons/Wood/Lance (nobody really wants him)
Bridges/TWill/Bonga (let him stew cross seas for a year)
Mudiay/Monk/McCaw
Frank/CJ/Mumford

Won’t win much but we’re young, athletic, long (cheap) and exciting while we wait for KP.

The tank squad of Mudiay and Monk with Thon up front would be EPIC
Monk, if he is lucky, will blossom into Jamal Crawford. Right now, he looks more like Austin Rivers with worse defense...

Return to New York Knicks