ImageImageImageImageImage

2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, Knickstape1214, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, j4remi

Who's Your Daddy?!

Capn'O
4
27%
DK
2
13%
KoC
1
7%
NLR
2
13%
GONYK
2
13%
Moocow
1
7%
Remi
0
No votes
KT
2
13%
Thorn
0
No votes
Thugger
1
7%
 
Total votes: 15

User avatar
Newyorknick94
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,022
And1: 1,273
Joined: Jul 12, 2010
Location: Fl
     

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#261 » by Newyorknick94 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:19 am

jwise44 wrote:Questions about Dotson....what are chances he's one of the people traded to make room for Noah?


If he by chance isn't traded, then do you think he'll stay on the travel roster at least for November?

Hoping he gets to come play at home, I'm a fan of his and my friend went to college with him and we have tickets to the game (courtside so long as none of the company's clients bring kids)

He’ll get mins eventually doubt the Knicks trade him he looks like a solid 3 and D guy.
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
User avatar
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 14,034
And1: 6,244
Joined: Jan 07, 2010
Location: Houston, TX
       

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#262 » by jwise44 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:24 am

Newyorknick94 wrote:
jwise44 wrote:Questions about Dotson....what are chances he's one of the people traded to make room for Noah?


If he by chance isn't traded, then do you think he'll stay on the travel roster at least for November?

Hoping he gets to come play at home, I'm a fan of his and my friend went to college with him and we have tickets to the game (courtside so long as none of the company's clients bring kids)

He’ll get mins eventually doubt the Knicks trade him he looks like a solid 3 and D guy.

Thank you, and I know it is derailing so after this I won't say anything...but what are the chances they don't send him down so he can get some run? I usually keep up more with Knicks (and rockets even, but World Series and super busy work due to Harvey hasn't allowed me to follow y'all as much as I usually do)
ROCKETS TEXANS ASTROS KNICKS

lifelong cavs
User avatar
Newyorknick94
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,022
And1: 1,273
Joined: Jul 12, 2010
Location: Fl
     

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#263 » by Newyorknick94 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:27 am

jwise44 wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:
jwise44 wrote:Questions about Dotson....what are chances he's one of the people traded to make room for Noah?


If he by chance isn't traded, then do you think he'll stay on the travel roster at least for November?

Hoping he gets to come play at home, I'm a fan of his and my friend went to college with him and we have tickets to the game (courtside so long as none of the company's clients bring kids)

He’ll get mins eventually doubt the Knicks trade him he looks like a solid 3 and D guy.

Thank you, and I know it is derailing so after this I won't say anything...but what are the chances they don't send him down so he can get some run? I usually keep up more with Knicks (and rockets even, but World Series and super busy work due to Harvey hasn't allowed me to follow y'all as much as I usually do)

He’s really only got garbage time minutes I️ could see them sending him to the g-league for a game or so but I don’t think they’d keep him down there long. His problem is he plays the same position as Hardaway and Lee who are both playing well.
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 16,023
And1: 6,018
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
Location: "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"
       

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#264 » by 2010 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:24 pm

The Knicks have gauged backup Kyle O’Quinn’s trade value across the first 11 games and it’s increased because of his solid play as Enes Kanter’s backup. After the Bucks traded center Greg Monroe for Eric Bledsoe, it’s been reported they are looking for another reserve center.


http://nypost.com/2017/11/10/where-does-joakim-noah-fits-in-knicks-logjam/
Young Core

PG: Jack | Ntilikina | Sessions
SG: Hardaway Jr | Dotson | Baker
SF: Lee | McDermott | Thomas
PF: Porzingis | Beasley
C: Kanter | Hernangomez | O'Quinn | Noah

G-League: Hicks, Kornet, Hayes, Rathan-Mayes, Burke
User avatar
raferfenix
RealGM
Posts: 17,551
And1: 862
Joined: Apr 05, 2003

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#265 » by raferfenix » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Hey Knicks fans, curious what you think a potential big man to the Bucks deal might entail?
User avatar
raferfenix
RealGM
Posts: 17,551
And1: 862
Joined: Apr 05, 2003

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#266 » by raferfenix » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:16 pm

KnickFan33 wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:
skones wrote:
We do not want Kanter. KOQ is the guy we'd want.


I'll take either...But by trading for Kanter, you have to get rid of Delly or Henson


There is nobody available on Milwaukee's roster that justifies trading away either KOQ or Kanter for. Those that I assume to be available would either add longer, heavy contracts and/or wouldn't be able to play a significant role on our roster.

I mean, it's already been established that you two have scoffed at KOQ as a return for a questionable return for an injury plagued Jabari. Who else is there?


Yeah I don't see KOQ for Jabari happening.

Not sure if that's because the Bucks value him so much more of because the Knicks value KOQ much higher though.

What other kinds of trade options do you think might be available for KOQ? Or do you think he won't be the one on the outs?
KnickFan33
Pro Prospect
Posts: 927
And1: 214
Joined: Nov 08, 2006

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#267 » by KnickFan33 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:17 pm

2010 wrote:
The Knicks have gauged backup Kyle O’Quinn’s trade value across the first 11 games and it’s increased because of his solid play as Enes Kanter’s backup. After the Bucks traded center Greg Monroe for Eric Bledsoe, it’s been reported they are looking for another reserve center.


http://nypost.com/2017/11/10/where-does-joakim-noah-fits-in-knicks-logjam/


I am seriously against moving him to Milwaukee. The players they have available are worth little to nothing on our roster. Get a late first for him, or just keep him for the rest of the season.
KnickFan33
Pro Prospect
Posts: 927
And1: 214
Joined: Nov 08, 2006

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#268 » by KnickFan33 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:18 pm

raferfenix wrote:
KnickFan33 wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:
I'll take either...But by trading for Kanter, you have to get rid of Delly or Henson


There is nobody available on Milwaukee's roster that justifies trading away either KOQ or Kanter for. Those that I assume to be available would either add longer, heavy contracts and/or wouldn't be able to play a significant role on our roster.

I mean, it's already been established that you two have scoffed at KOQ as a return for a questionable return for an injury plagued Jabari. Who else is there?


Yeah I don't see KOQ for Jabari happening.

Not sure if that's because the Bucks value him so much more of because the Knicks value KOQ much higher though.

What other kinds of trade options do you think might be available for KOQ? Or do you think he won't be the one on the outs?


Just saw the post. But yeah. I've seen what the Bucks forum thinks KOQ is worth... Nothing of interest nor help to the Knicks at all.
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,116
And1: 8,087
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#269 » by magnumt » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:38 pm

BAF 1.0 - Wizards
Damian Lillard / Ish Smith / Raymond Felton
Gordon Hayward / Derrick Rose / Sterling Brown
Ersan Ilyasova / Doug McDermott / Sean Kilpatrick
Dirk Nowitzki / Channing Frye / Matt Barnes
Dwight Howard / Greg Monroe / Timofey Mozgov
User avatar
Besart19
General Manager
Posts: 8,079
And1: 1,537
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
Location: Dibra, Albania
   

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#270 » by Besart19 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:01 am

KOQ, Kuz and Chi 2nd for Jabari

If they dont want to extend him they have no leverage at all
Image
User avatar
Zingod
Junior
Posts: 383
And1: 201
Joined: Nov 02, 2017

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#271 » by Zingod » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:44 am

Besart19 wrote:KOQ, Kuz and Chi 2nd for Jabari

If they dont want to extend him they have no leverage at all

PG - Frank Ntilikina
SG - Tim Hardaway
SF - Michael Porter
PF - Jabari Parker
C - Kristaps Porzingis

:love:
"If you're very much woke, there's no such thing as distractions." -Kyrie
User avatar
Besart19
General Manager
Posts: 8,079
And1: 1,537
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
Location: Dibra, Albania
   

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#272 » by Besart19 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:12 pm

Zingod wrote:
Besart19 wrote:KOQ, Kuz and Chi 2nd for Jabari

If they dont want to extend him they have no leverage at all

PG - Frank Ntilikina
SG - Tim Hardaway
SF - Michael Porter
PF - Jabari Parker
C - Kristaps Porzingis

:love:


All top10 prospects fit with that lineup with either Jabari and Kristaps able to play 3/4 and 4/5 respectively
Image
User avatar
Zingod
Junior
Posts: 383
And1: 201
Joined: Nov 02, 2017

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#273 » by Zingod » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Besart19 wrote:
Zingod wrote:
Besart19 wrote:KOQ, Kuz and Chi 2nd for Jabari

If they dont want to extend him they have no leverage at all

PG - Frank Ntilikina
SG - Tim Hardaway
SF - Michael Porter
PF - Jabari Parker
C - Kristaps Porzingis

:love:


All top10 prospects fit with that lineup with either Jabari and Kristaps able to play 3/4 and 4/5 respectively

Yea, but i think

Jabari at SF
KP at PF
Ayton at C

Would be too big of a lineup. 2 guys over 7 feet and Jabari who can post up centers.
"If you're very much woke, there's no such thing as distractions." -Kyrie
User avatar
Besart19
General Manager
Posts: 8,079
And1: 1,537
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
Location: Dibra, Albania
   

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#274 » by Besart19 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Zingod wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
Zingod wrote:PG - Frank Ntilikina
SG - Tim Hardaway
SF - Michael Porter
PF - Jabari Parker
C - Kristaps Porzingis

:love:


All top10 prospects fit with that lineup with either Jabari and Kristaps able to play 3/4 and 4/5 respectively

Yea, but i think

Jabari at SF
KP at PF
Ayton at C

Would be too big of a lineup. 2 guys over 7 feet and Jabari who can post up centers.


Showtime Knicks... We can have both long and athletic team to run and gun if we build it in a right and smart way.
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,260
And1: 13,347
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#275 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:01 pm

You guys are partying this early? lol
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,260
And1: 13,347
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#276 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:02 pm

Besart19 wrote:
Zingod wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
All top10 prospects fit with that lineup with either Jabari and Kristaps able to play 3/4 and 4/5 respectively

Yea, but i think

Jabari at SF
KP at PF
Ayton at C

Would be too big of a lineup. 2 guys over 7 feet and Jabari who can post up centers.


Showtime Knicks... We can have both long and athletic team to run and gun if we build it in a right and smart way.


Si e, Zoti Sqiptare? Boure forte.
User avatar
Zingod
Junior
Posts: 383
And1: 201
Joined: Nov 02, 2017

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#277 » by Zingod » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:15 pm

with your moms :eyebrows:
"If you're very much woke, there's no such thing as distractions." -Kyrie
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 15,956
And1: 3,246
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#278 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:51 pm

Knicks and bucks trade.

Kanter And kuz for Teletivich and Parker

Or

Kanter and Kuz for teletivich and Henson + D.J. Wilson. We cut teletivich in both scenarios.

Kanter has some value. We get back two garbage contracts
Timberwolves:13
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen
PF: Love/Gay/Young/TJ Leaf/Anunoby/Dwill
SF: T.Young/Gay/Afflalo/Anunoby/Dwill
SG: Barton/Tyler Johnson/Afflalo/Stuckey
PG: Schroder/Tyler Johnson/Exum/Stuckey
User avatar
Zingod
Junior
Posts: 383
And1: 201
Joined: Nov 02, 2017

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#279 » by Zingod » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Bucks should just sign David Lee
"If you're very much woke, there's no such thing as distractions." -Kyrie
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 15,956
And1: 3,246
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: 2017/2018 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#280 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:59 pm

If rather trade Willy or Kanter over Oquinn. Oquinn as a Knick just feels right. He needs to be a lifer.

Beasley had a really good stint in Minny . Parker for Willy and Beasley.
Timberwolves:13
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen
PF: Love/Gay/Young/TJ Leaf/Anunoby/Dwill
SF: T.Young/Gay/Afflalo/Anunoby/Dwill
SG: Barton/Tyler Johnson/Afflalo/Stuckey
PG: Schroder/Tyler Johnson/Exum/Stuckey

Return to New York Knicks