ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis thread #4: The KP era is upon us

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,307

Re: Porzingis thread #4: The KP era is upon us 

Post#1621 » by Jellybeans » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Billy Goat wrote:Committing to this guy long term would be a mistake. I don’t see it at all.

I hope he doenst commit to this club and shiet fans like you
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#1622 » by Billy Goat » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Jellybeans wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:Committing to this guy long term would be a mistake. I don’t see it at all.

I hope he doenst commit to this club and shiet fans like you

I dont kiss stars asses. Esepcially ones that dont produce. I root for the team
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1623 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Good thing this board is not the pulse of the true fanbase. Y'all ready to renounce his rights....lol.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1624 » by HEZI » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:24 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:https://www.kickz.com/us/adidas-performance-basketball-shoes-crazy-explosive-2017-porzingis-ftwr_white_blue_lgh_solid_grey-135014001?redir=true&country=us&previousCountry=ignore

This looks like something they would sell at Lady's Foot Locker
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
KnickXxxx
Junior
And1: 172

Post#1625 » by KnickXxxx » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:27 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
KnickXxxx wrote:KP hasn’t had a great game since it came out he’d be dealing with a nagging injury. Now he almost never scores more than his shot attempts. Before he was like automatic when he got the ball. Get the surgery now KP.

Hasn't this sort of been KP every year? You get "Cadillac KP" for like 20 games in the season, then nagging injuries hit, and you get high end Ford KP

I’ve never noticed what you are talking about where KP falls off.

In previous years I never saw him have anywhere close to the start he had this season where he was able to just toy with defenders at will.

He went from incredibly efficient to we hear about this injury and then he hasn’t had an efficient game since. Seems to be a simple cause and effect to me.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#1626 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:29 pm

KnickXxxx wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
KnickXxxx wrote:KP hasn’t had a great game since it came out he’d be dealing with a nagging injury. Now he almost never scores more than his shot attempts. Before he was like automatic when he got the ball. Get the surgery now KP.

Hasn't this sort of been KP every year? You get "Cadillac KP" for like 20 games in the season, then nagging injuries hit, and you get high end Ford KP

In previous years I never saw him have anywhere close to the start he had this season where he was able to just toy with defenders at will.

He went from incredibly efficient to we hear about this injury and then he hasn’t had an efficient game since. Seems to be a simple cause and effect to me.

Well, this is his 3rd season we are barely into, but he fell off hard last year due to either nagging injuries, fatigue or anemia, depending on which realgm'er you listen to :D

But he absolutely tailed off last year. I thought first year too, but that would seem to be normal for any rookie going from about 40 games to 80 games, especially a tall one.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1627 » by Greenie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:36 pm

ensergiog wrote:Hi Knicks' fans.

KP has amazing talent. He has proved it (40 points against us, for example). But even before his ankle's injury he wasn't shooting so well anymore. Since November 13th, almost a month ago, he has only shoot above 50% from the field twice: 9/18 against Atlanta and 2/2 against the Heat.
Is he regressing after a hot start? He's still injured?

It was a hot start. Wasn’t going to last forever.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#1628 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:53 pm

ensergiog wrote:Hi Knicks' fans.

KP has amazing talent. He has proved it (40 points against us, for example). But even before his ankle's injury he wasn't shooting so well anymore. Since November 13th, almost a month ago, he has only shoot above 50% from the field twice: 9/18 against Atlanta and 2/2 against the Heat.
Is he regressing after a hot start? He's still injured?

I think his jumpshot will suck all season now, because the injury. He was out of it vs the heat, looked like he would've gotten an easy 30 there. Now he'll be lucky to shoot 45%, with his legs fuqed up
Imageceltics
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#1629 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:54 pm

How can a blind person post on realgm?
Imageceltics
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#1630 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Zingod wrote:

Nah he just needs to work out with Draymond Green, KD or DeMarcus Cousins this offseason instead of this soft, old 40 year old .
I mean he needs toughness and that idgaf mentality more than anything at this point, especially on the road.

KD and cousins are softer than Dirk lol
Imageceltics
KnickXxxx
Junior

Post#1631 » by KnickXxxx » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:02 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
KnickXxxx wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Well, this is his 3rd season we are barely into, but he fell off hard last year due to either nagging injuries, fatigue or anemia, depending on which realgm'er you listen to :D

But he absolutely tailed off last year. I thought first year too, but that would seem to be normal for any rookie going from about 40 games to 80 games, especially a tall one.

First year you could see the outline of KP being a great player and his defensive prowess but he had a full breakout at the beginning of this season that stopped completely after we heard about his elbow injury.

Last seasons start was nothing like this seasons start.

This season he showed he’s an MVP level talent when he’s on and healthy. Look at what he was doing in his early box scores. KP was destroying teams single handedly. That wasn’t in his arsenal last season and besides that we had Melo ball hogging and clogging up our ball movement.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#1632 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:05 pm

KnickXxxx wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
KnickXxxx wrote:

First year you could see the outline of KP being a great player and his defensive prowess but he had a full breakout at the beginning of this season that stopped completely after we heard about his elbow injury.

Last seasons start was nothing like this seasons start.

This season he showed he’s an MVP level talent when he’s on and healthy. Look at what he was doing in his early box scores. KP was destroying teams single handedly. That wasn’t in his arsenal last season and besides that we had Melo ball hogging and clogging up our ball movement.

This isn't about whether KP is good or not, or if he plays better than Melo or not. He is, and he does. It's whether nagging injuries or something have slowed in every season. Season 1 - yes. Season 2 - yes. Season 3 - maybe, or he's just be subpar for 10 games randomly.
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#1633 » by Zingod » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:25 pm

Yankeeknickfan wrote:
Zingod wrote:

Nah he just needs to work out with Draymond Green, KD or DeMarcus Cousins this offseason instead of this soft, old 40 year old .
I mean he needs toughness and that idgaf mentality more than anything at this point, especially on the road.

Not sure how to respond to this by not getting warned or banned.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1634 » by Greenie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:26 pm

KnickXxxx wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

He did the same thing last year.

Huge part of the reason we had a good start.

Then he got hurt

Then he became average

All by December
KnickXxxx
Junior

Post#1635 » by KnickXxxx » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:28 pm

I’m looking at KPs game log from last season and I don’t see the big drop off we see this season.

I mean it’s pretty straight forward.

KP was on track to be a top 3 mvp contender.

We hear about this injury to his elbow and overnight his energy is zapped and he goes from a very efficient shooter to below average.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#1636 » by Greenie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Look again.

Dudes FG% dropped 10% by December last year too. Came in at 50%. Points decreased a little until he dropped to something like 12 or 13 points mid-season. He rebounded back to the means towards the end of the season but his shooting stayed a bit inconsistent.

Go month by month with him. His fall off last year coincides with the team imploding.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#1637 » by Garbagelo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:57 pm

if he is not healthy then he needs to be shut down

he does not look the same out there
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#1638 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Zingod wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:
Zingod wrote:Nah he just needs to work out with Draymond Green, KD or DeMarcus Cousins this offseason instead of this soft, old 40 year old .

Cousins has meltdowns and gets in foul trouble. KD defends himself with alts on Twitter. Dirk stays in Dallas, and makes no excuses for his problems
Imageceltics
Zingod
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#1639 » by Zingod » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Yankeeknickfan wrote:
Zingod wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:KD and cousins are softer than Dirk lol

Cousins has meltdowns and gets in foul trouble. KD defends himself with alts on Twitter. Dirk stays in Dallas, and makes no excuses for his problems

I'm talking about actual games, this isn't 2011' anymore. KP should work out with Draymond/KD or Pelicans bigs

You have better options? Dirk is old and washed. You can't get better playing against worse players. Draymond will teach him toughness, kd will teach him everything else.
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#1640 » by Kurt Rambis » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:38 pm

Most of his problems are mentally. His decision making makes him look bad. He forces shots on defenders, dribbles among defenders etc.

It would be nice to have Karl Malone for mentor. Because he was an elite scorer with playing simple but effective game. He needs simple but quick moves to create his shots. No hesitation, no wasted movements just like Malone. Give and go, no ball hogging if he doesn't have a good look etc.

Also he needs to work on big men fundamentals in long term. He is a shooting guard in center body now. It would be great for him if he can develop some foot work and baby hooks while developing his body. Pau Gasol did great job at post with lesser body.

Return to New York Knicks